main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Of course, Trench is Fulcrum!

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Inquisitor needs a "victory" soon - not his current protected status (dominates fights, but heroes run away). Somehow, he needs to injury or kill one of the rebels. If not, his threating presence is removed.

Going by the Star Wars tradition of Master and Padawan, the Master needs to die soon and leave the student all alone in the vastness of space to defend themselves.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  3. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd be surprised to see Kanan fall so soon, considering it's a Disney cartoon, I wonder if they'll kill him at all. I think we'll see a friend of the Rebels die, but not someone from the main crew. The Inquisitor does need a win to remain an eminent threat, but they may replace him, or add more inquisitors to really put the Ghost crew on the run. Adding Vader would press the issue, but we'd likely lose someone from the crew if he entered the picture. I imagine they'll save that for a later season.

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    As Pablo said in Rebels Recon, the heroes would all die if Vader came along. (compared it to the old 80s RPG games. Your characters could never go up against Vader because your game would be over within 5 mins)

I don't think it is too early to kill off Kanan; the show is clearly pointing to Ezra as the main hero of the group, similar to Luke in the OT.

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Separatists were also duped by the same evil as Republic, it was mainly a civil war even then, which continues into the OT as the Rebel Alliance of Bail, Mothma and whoever else of old Republic and ex-Imperials and various freedom fighter militia they're mustering under their banner. That said, some of the Separatist reasons were valid and were within their right to leave the Republic due to the corruption and Palpatine's tightening of freedom and waging war against planets and systems that were breaking away from the Republic. Plus the Separatists under Grievous were invading planets as show, just so they could be "liberated" by Republican forces which then they become part of the Republic(Empire). There is various different types and for that different reasons for hating and rebelling against the Empire, it is doubtful all want to see another Republic as the old caused so many problems. If the Empire survived into the ST, then it is likely a similar atmosphere as the EU - unless the Imperials are the orcs and the Sith like Sauron in the new series.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    For all we know, the Separatists might prefer the Empire.

7. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Not after what Vader did to their leaders.

8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Or that fact that working with Sidious gained them NOTHING except the death of said leaders, the destruction of a huge chunk of their fleet/droids, and the rise of a Sith dictatorship. Frankly the fact that Nute Gunray and the others were still working with Sidious by the time ROTS rolled around was always baffling to me. How stupid were these guys?

Darth_Pevra and jabberwalkie like this.
  9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Read "Cloak of Deception". Gunray was absolutely terrified of Sidious, and also completely dependent on him. Most likely the other Separatist leaders were as well.

Octavian Dibar likes this.
  10. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    That would be to predictable, so they should reverse that, and he kills Ezra, leaving kanan the lone jedi again.

11. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I bet if they were to have the Inquisitor kill off one of the core group this early on, it would be Zeb. Non human, and non female. Bo-rifle vs. Lightsaber duel.

Zeb would go out saving the others by taking on the Inquisitor himself and allowing them to escape.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

And not to mention its the first season.

13. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    I would be very, very surprised if they killed off one of the main 6 characters this early on. The audience has not had enough time to really begin to care about the characters to make their deaths that important to the story. I'm not even convinced that they will at all during the series. I think Filoni has previously stated that he wanted to dial back the "darkness" level (in comparison to TCW) for Rebels a bit. You may have secondary characters die, but even that will be sparse.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Did any many characters die in TCW.

15. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    Jedi Knight Fett

Not really. Fives was probably the significant character death that I remember.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I get the point but something they need to convey on screen is how evil the empire is not to sayb they murder people but show they did.

Octavian Dibar likes this.
  17. Octavian Dibar

Jan 6, 2015
    I agree. I'm not sure how they're going to accomplish this yet. Maybe execute Ezra's parents? (Assuming they're still alive)

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Somebody mention Separatist holdouts who eventually join-up and become proto-rebels, thanks to shared political beliefs / common enemy?

I love the idea. I loved it in the EU (always thought it made sense and wished that they'd have done even more with the idea), and I would L O V E to see it explored on-screen in the new canon.

New additions to the story like the terrific Berch Teller (characters who were part of the Republic, but who became disenfranchised after witnessing Imperial war crimes and such) are great. I love 'em.

But something else I really, really want to see are those idealistic ex-Seppies who were right about Palpatine and the Republic (those 'Heroes on Both Sides' type of Confederates), and watch them join up with the likes of Rex, or Fulcrum, or what-have-you, and become part of the new 'good guys.'

And I think getting to see the process of these former Clone War enemies now joining forces could be really great.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

And will show people that not everyone is bad.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    We lost a number of Jedi and named clones in the CW series - some of the more significant would be Adi Gallia or Even Piell, but they were secondary characters. The Inquisitor will probably kill a secondary Rebels character, the core characters that make up the Ghost crew are too important right now.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

But you never know the inquisitor could get the upper hand on Kanan.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep.

Some Separatists were monsters, of course.

Dooku, I believe, actually at least started out with what he considered an honorable goal of 'fixing' things by sweeping away a broken and corrupt Republic and replacing it with a New Order.

But he was an 'ends justify the means' kind of being. One who felt he was justified in making sweeping changes and decisions for the untold trillions of beings in the GFFA, because he was the one making those decisions. He was 'worthy' and other beings? Well, they weren't even 'entirely real.' The the dark side poisoning and Sith training only added to his megalomania, and he held no compunction about killing, well... anyone to see his goals met.

And I believe that TCW exposed Dooku as a man with an active sadistic streak within him. Whether it was always lurking somewhere within him, or if it was due to the corrupting influence of the dark side, I believe Dooku actually relished in the suffering of his foes. It's fascinating watching a Jedi Master the likes of Dooku fall as he did.

The Separatist Council was made up of war profiteers. Those looking for massive gains in personal wealth/political advancement and the like. Freedom? Liberty? Right and wrong? Lives? Nothing in the face of credits, influence and power.

And there's someone like Grievous who just wants to watch the galaxy burn.

But a lot of those who sat on the Separatist Parliament? Those non-droid soldiers on the front lines (like the Umbaran militiamen we saw)? The billions of citizens who may not have fought, but who still self-identified as Separatists? I'm sure that many of them -- heck, probably most of them -- were good people who were legitimately 'had' by Dooku and Sidious.

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I agree completely.

darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Disney won't kill off their new teen hero.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

But they will kill GL story thats for sure.