main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    What is known? How much will they follow the EU. Are they Force users? Should there be more of them? I think there should. There's a lot of Jedi & other enemy's of the Empire out there. Any thoughts?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would think they'd have to be Force users. We saw how clumsy non-Force users were with lightsabers in TCW. I wouldn't think Vader would task some Joe Blow with a lightsaber to handle hunting down the remaining Jedi. Filoni makes it sound like this guy will be one of the big bad guys (if not the big bad guy) of the show. I'd imagine he's trained in the Force.

I just hope that he has a personality or distinct behavior/ideology/feel separate from the Sith. I mean, the prequels introduced the Rule of Two. TCW continued with it as the justification for why Sidious wants Asajj dead and why he went after Maul and Savage (one of the last things we saw in TCW). IMO it would just be awkward to have some third (in addition to Sidious and Vader) Force using bad guy show up in Rebels and with everyone being OK with it after what happened with Asajj, Maul and Savage. I feel like they should address what makes this guy (and presumably the other Inquisitors if Rebels stays true to the EU) different from a Sith. If it is merely all just a difference in name, then I feel like Sidious would never allow this guy to serve under Vader, at least not without ordering Vader to kill him later on, as he ordered Dooku to kill Asajj.

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    My question is this: why the focus on this Inquisitor and not Vader? I mean, this is their chance to showcase the famous Dark Lord. And they settle on this Maul-Son hybrid, Instead?

<Sigh> I hope they at least explain where the **** he came from.

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    You'd think Vader would make for stronger marketing. Vader arguably is Star Wars, after all. Which brings me to one of my fears, which is Rebels feeling disconnected from the movies.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I guess Vader might be off limits. How nice. :(

6. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Filoni mentioned that Vader tasked THE INQUISITOR (I'm emphasizing on the singular makes me question if we'll see others or if we'll only follow this one) with hunting down the remaining Jedi. Which makes me feel like Vader will show up from time to time. I'm personally happy with that. Make Vader show up a few times and have him take up his lightsaber only RARELY to make it a real treat when he finally does so (like how epic it was to see Sidious finally take up arms in TCW).

7. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I agree but we all know they are always looking for a way around the Rule of Two. I'm sure for creative reasons. So they create new off shoots or secret Sith. I wish they would just dump the ROT in the new movies. Vader can't be everywhere in Rebels. I hope we see more than one Inquisitor.

RJ Carey likes this.
  8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Vader is too bad ass to be reintroduced on a kids tv show. A spin-off movie or a live action show would be much more appropriate for him imo.

9. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Let's not forget that the heroes in Rebels will have to win against the Empire very frequently. Rebels shouldn't weaken Vader like The Clone Wars did with General Grievous.

This has already happened to Darth Vader in The Force Unleashed video games.

So I'm happy if Vader returns in a puppetmaster capacity.

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

Because the opening crawl of ANH says that the rebellion won it's first victory just prior to ANH, I would think that the Rebels would have to lose and be on the run more than winning.

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Exactly. Unlike the Clone Wars, where the good guys seemed to have won all of the time, this would be the villains' limelight.

This show should be about Vader rooting out the threats against the Empire, and not about some upstart Sith wannabe.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Maybe the inquisitor is the other need Sidious has for Maul?

whostheBossk, V-2 and darklordoftech like this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Overexposing Vader would be a huge mistake. If he is defeated too often people get angry and his threat is diminished. Also a considerable part of the audience will actually root for Vader and not the protagonists...

It is better to keep him for special occasions. He's a real killer and a killer who doesn't kill heroes is unimpressive.

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Why a new Sith, then? Why not just have Maul, instead? It's stupid to add another Sith as this point...no?

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I don't get why some people are so pissed about the presence of an inquisitor, and his having a role in hunting down Jedi.

Inquisitors have been part of Star Wars lore for decades. And they've always been Jedi-hunters. This isn't new people. This isn't some contrivance of Dave Filoni.

And for **** sake, HE'S NOT A SITH!!!

Yeesh....

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    He looks like one to me.

17. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    He's a Dark Jedi. A Dark Side Adept. The Empire has loads of Force-users skilled in the Dark Side of various levels. But none of them are Sith Lords. There's only two of those. Palpatine and Vader.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's because no one....
    [​IMG]

expects the Imperial Inquisition.

[​IMG]

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In TCW, Palpatine is furious with Maul for violating the Rule of Two, but doesn't seem to feel that anyone else is violating the Rule of Two.

20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Why not just make a bunch of Jedi hunting Imperial Commanders, then, like the Nazis in Inglorious Basterds?

Uh, ****....nevermind.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Speaking of which, I wonder if there were "Moff hunters" after ROTJ.

V-2 and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  22. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    He was furious with Maul for attempting to set himself up as The Dark Lord of the Sith and building his own empire out of Mandalore and the rim territories, which Palpatine knew Maul would eventually use to attempt to depose and kill him. For such is the way of the Sith.

When Sidious short circuited Maul's plan, and unexpectedly turned up on Mandalore and ragekilled his way through all the Mandos between the landing pad and Maul's throne room, Maul realized he was in deep **** and tried to BS him about building up an empire to return to serve Palps. He then subsequently pointed out to Maul that he had been replaced under the Rule of Two just for the evulz. To mock him and humiliate him.

But there are a load of Force users as already stated. They are trained in the Dark Side and they serve the Empire, but they aren't officially called Sith, thus Palps can keep them around and not violate the Ro2. Or at least that's what he tells himself.

Check out these unsavory bunches of people:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Side_Adept

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Prophets_of_the_Dark_Side

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor's_Shadow_Guard

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitorius (That's the outfit the Inquisitor from Rebels is part of)

There were different ranks within the Inquisitorius. There was your regular Inquisitor, and then there were Chief Inquisitors and High Inquisitors, and the Grand Inquisitor who was over the entire Inquisitorius.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chief_Inquisitor
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/High_Inquisitor
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Inquisitor

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    As I see it, a "Sith" seeks to rule and will kill anyone that's in their way while a "dark side adept" could just be a loyal servent.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    For as long as Maul was operating independently, he was a Sith, I guess you could say, in that he considered himself the true heir of Bane, and nobody had yet defeated him or proved otherwise. There were then briefly four Sith in the galaxy:

• Darth Sidious and his apprentice Darth Tyrannus
    • Darth Maul and his apprentice Savage Opress.
    Both Sidious and Maul at that point would have considered themselves the true Dark Lord of the Sith and the other a rival claimant to that title to be eliminated. Hence Sidious moved quickly to neutralize Maul and cement himself as the reigning Dark Lord. Maul was biding his time and hoping Sidious wouldn't be quite so bold as he was, and he would have time to get into a better position and maybe eventually take him down later on. But he was mistaken. He underestimated Sidious.

Tommytom likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Savage is not a Sith. He's just a loyal brother.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.