main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    How bout we get Hands or Shadow guards next season? Or both!

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't want there to be a thousand dark sisters working for the empire though.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I agree...should not be a lot....but should be an actual threat.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

He Force choked grabbed and lifted up the Twilek grunt and appears to have snapped his neck before he threw his limp body at Sugi. With Sugi he lifted her and Force choked her at the same time but he just threw her he did not appear to have wanted to kill her (nor the dog) and he later gives the order not pursue & eliminate the Bounty Hunters as they fled for their lives. He did something similar to the Twilek kill in the TCW comics, he lifted up a Falleen enforcer and broke his neck(was more graphic as he twisted his head completely around). I don't think Maul usually likes simply choking to death his enemies but he came very close to doing that to Bo-Katan in the tent.

5. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    I just had a small epiphany after seeing this on my facebook wall:

"The revelation that the Grand Inquisitor was once a Jedi Temple Guard has us wondering how he became a servant of the Empire. What's your theory?"

That is a very good question that I've been wondering about ever since the mid season 2 trailer was shown. If Siege of Mandalore story arc gets animated some day, I think it would be an amazing opportunity to tell that story and do a cameo of the Inquisitor as a Jedi Knight (I believe the said story arc happens at the same time as Revenge of the Sith). What do you guys think? I think we might see him interact with Anakin somehow. Wouldn't that be beyond cool?

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Although it would be cool I would not want him to appear in SOM because why would a temple guard ever leave the temple?

Also they would just be putting him into the story retro actively because I doubt that he was meant to appear in SOM.

7. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    since they have not produced SoM...adding him into an animated version would not be an issue.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I understand that, but I rather them not change from the script or points they got going already so that means not adding a character from rebels that would make no sense to appear.

9. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I imagine that even if SoM gets animated, it won't be the exact same as if it had been produced before the cancellation, so I don't see much issue with giving him a small cameo.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Still the only reason he would be there is because of his involvement in rebels. This to me is the same as adding Ahsoka into AOTC lets say (this obviously never happened)

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  12. ATMachine

ATMachine Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2007
    ^ I've suspected as much for a while, especially given the similarity such a purge would have with the real-life Night of the Long Knives in which Hitler wiped out his own SA troops.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I actually had getting killed by the Jedi in mind, but I like this idea too.

ATMachine likes this.
  14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    By the end of Rebels, I suspect both the Inquisitors and the "Jedi" will break even and be gone one way or another. This doesn't mean they'll all be dead, but I can see several on both sides being written off, as Ahsoka was. Killing most of the Inquisitors will help set the stage for ANH, where Vader plays the most active role in serving the darksides interests.

15. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    We've had four Inquisitors killed off already, so they are definitely expendable. I imagine Maul will account for a few more if they go after him again too. A night of long knives situation was what I was imagining too; there is the prospect of a bit of neat mirroring if we saw Vader go marching into the Temple with his cadre of elite stormtroopers again... but this time, to kill off Dark Siders.

PCCViking and darklordoftech like this.
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I imagine him saying to them, "You have failed me for the last time."

Or it might be an admiral or Moff telling Palpatine (not knowing he's a Sith and/or ignorant about Vader) that the Empire doesn't need an army of dark force users. To his amusement, Palpatine agrees, maybe believing he needs the military's support until the Death Star is ready (again, like the Night of the Long Knives, with Hitler needing the support of the army when it came time to merge his office with Hindenberg's, and Hindenberg's threat to disband the Nazis if the SA wasn't brought under control).

17. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    The idea of Vader killing the Inquisitors sounds interesting indeed... and they probably will be doing something like that, even if I think the logical end of the Inquisitorius should be a lot less spectacular. I think we would get to the point where there is no more Inquisitor training. Some of the ones still active could die in missions, as punishment by VaderĀ“s hand, or even skip death altogether, and become something like what the Inquisitors were in the first place, in the EU (more like interrogators than warriors). Still, why every Inquisitor MUST die before ANH continues to make little sense to me...

Jarrus likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    They don't have to die. People expect them to die because all four of the Inquisitors that we've seen so far died.

19. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Exactly...

20. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Every single Inquisitor we've seen so far has followed basically the same route - turn up, hassle the heroes, die in the finale and get replaced by an A-list villain. The bar for what Inquisitors can actually do is now pretty low, given that Kanan defeated the head of the Order pretty handily and Maul and Ahsoka both handled theirs with ease; on all current evidence a fully trained force-user would beat an Inquisitor more often than not.

The question is now, what else can they actually do? It's a very short trip to them becoming essentially force-using stormtroopers in terms of effectiveness.

21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Yeah, Kanan's win, when compared to Maul and Ahsoka's, does seem a little implausible. Ahsoka was trained by Anakin himself, and even though she never completed her training, I think she was still more advanced than Kanan, plus having been the Chosen One's Padawan didn't hurt. As for Maul, he should have been able to handle the Inquisitors easily. From what I remember, the Inquisitors weren't supposed to take on mid-to stronger Jedi Knights, and they were supposed to let Vader handle the Jedi Masters. So, it's no surprise that an Inquisitor would lose out to Maul, given his Sith training.

22. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    But what if Maul was to turn one as an apprentice?

PCCViking likes this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That would be interesting.

24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Have we any confirmation that they'll be adding more inquisitors in S3- after all Vader can only be bested by chopper so many times :p

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, I think it's time to say bye bye to the inquisitors and let Maul and THAT guy in the empire's side being the main villains of season 3.