main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    IMHO, I think we've seen the last of them.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    5th Bro and 7th Sis are ******* AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALE of S1 owns my heart!!!

3. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It would be awesome if Jerec made a brief appearance as an Inquisitor, but he's off searching for some fabled valley that holds great power so he's too busy to deal with the Ghost crew.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  4. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Maul should be the villain, but he should gain some political power before becoming a threat, because right now in terms of in-galaxy logic, he is an unknown that was defeated by a just blinded knight. In reality, he is one of the most powerful force users in the galaxy, and they should build on that, instead of giving him the same treatment every villain in the show (bar Vader) gets. About the Inquisitors disappearing, it could sound a little weird? I mean, if Vader knows (or can assume) Kanan and Ezra are still alive and with the holocron, there is no reason for him to stop sending Inquisitors after them. What they could do is present the new Inquisitor(s) in a more favorable light, so we can believe they can factor in. The Eighth Brother, for instance, defeated Kanan and Ezra in a matter of seconds, but is still perceived as not dangerous to the main characters.There is something amiss within the storytelling...

P.S.: Jerec would be awesome indeed!!

Jarrus likes this.
  5. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Why do they need to kill off the Inquisitors before ANH? In the OldEU there were plenty of Inquisitors alive during the OT. Star Wars is a pretty big place. Not everything shows up in the films.

6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Exactly...they had former Jedi, Emporer's Hands, and all sorts of Force users popping up in the old EU.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  7. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Couldn´t agree more. Filoni seems to feel that he needs to fade them out because we don´t see them in ANH, and because Tarkin says to Vader he is the last "of the Jedi" around. I doubt everything within the Empire was shown to us in ANH (for instance, we don´t see the Royal Guards) and that Tarkin, a man that clearly misunderstand and underestimates the Force, could have much insight about the logistics alone of a secret organization that answers only to Vader...

Darth Dnej and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  8. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I love the Inquisitors. I hope we haven't seen the last of them. I'm waiting to hear some news on Force using villains in the next season that's not Maul.

And as amazing as Maul was in the Season 2 finale I hope he doesn't become too big a part of this show.

Ithorians likes this.
  9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Guess this is it for the Inquisitors, for a long while atleast [face_dunno]

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    There isn't really much more for them to bring to the table. Kanan is blinded, Ahsoka is "dead" and Maul seems to have little or no interest in facing Vader. Best retire the Inquisitors.

11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Forced retirement, maybe at Darth Vader's lightsaber for their continuous failures.

Darth Dnej and rumsmuggler like this.
  12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, would be an easy explanation.

13. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    RIP Inquisitors.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  14. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Life Debt mentioned Inquisitors once and Mas uses the phrase "once upon a time".

So yeah, the Inquisitors are done for one way or another going forward. Perhaps even Sheev can't stand ridiculous things such as lightsaber-copters. :p

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think there is any evidence to suggest this premature "demise" from just the trailer alone or from what Filoni hinted at months back with the finale. Them taking a break or back seat for a bit may simply be because we had two seasons of that same kinda thing, and Thrawn appears to occupy the same spot as The Inquisitor(original/grand) and Tarkin back in the first season. They'll be around at some point , perhaps not in so many numbers or perhaps in greater numbers so they can have more of them be exterminated but they'll have as many as the show needs and lasts. There is surely more than 4, maybe 4 more or greater even.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think they have to appear again for the sake of lightsaber duels- Thrawn, Tarkin etc. cannot really start a swordfight and continuous stormtroopers are not duel possibilities unless they use more competitive guys like riot troopers in TFA. Also they cannot have Vader constantly dueling them and not killing them without making Vader look weak. Maul then again is not on imperial side.

What we saw was the first half of the season I believe- we have not seen any material from the second half or just a glimpse of it.

Honestly I am becoming bit bored of Maul- I wonder if he serves any purpose- bringing him back in TCW was not such a great idea at all since he cannot really do much meaningful things anymore. Unless he is somehow responsible of Snoke- character's rise to power after Palpatine.... I dunno

Darth Dnej likes this.
  17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I just want a standalone episode focusing on Vader and Palps. The Inquisitors somehow feeling threatened try to assassinate Vader and the Emperor. The two of them slaughter the rest of them and decide that it would be best to not have any more force users in their employ.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  18. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    That I could get behind.....as opposed to just saying "there are no more Inquisitors"

I still say one should survive as Maul's apprentice.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't see the logic in Vader or Sidious wiping out their own super soldiers unless they turned against them en masse which would be very bizarre. Only kinda mass killing like that would only come if Sidous believes he eradicated all his Force enemies which is not even probable to accomplish as there is new children of the Force being born and he'll be back to square one and it would also be counterproductive to the very initiative he himself started WAY back during the Clone Wars. If the Marvel's Vader comic is anything to go on, then there is very precious little left of his Force warriors, and it still appears that he's in search of super warriors that can mimic the Force(Grievous-like cyborgs) and he's not above using one to train as an apprentice if need be which is similar to the relationship Dooku had with ideas behind Grievous .

I think if and when the time comes, the Inquisitors and whatever means the Sith use to harvest such warriors, will be disrupted and destroyed by the Jedi heroes and perhaps with the help of Maul who was the architect and hand largely responsible for their destruction in the finale.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I would rather see that they could assassinate Emperor for Vader- since they actually serve Vader and not Emperor directly- this could cause Emperor to eradicate them if he fears Vader would take power with his army of inquisitors. How many there are I wonder 10? 25? 100? Not much more I think- 322nd sister/brother sounds kinda stupid :p

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think Vader becomes treacherous until after he learns of Luke's existence. Inquisitors are servants of the Empire, its also why they wear military insignias and thus servants of the Emperor and of a military commander Tarkin. They are like an esoteric elite military unit. If you remember it was The Emperor who orders Vader to order The Grand Inquisitor to carry out his will and in season two to dispatch another Inquisitors .

So they serve the will of the Emperor and its very clear they know that Vader himself serves the will of the Emperor who must be like a god in their eyes and Vader just a high priest. Inquisitors, inculding the Grand Inquistor was not Sith as Sidious can have only one apprentice at a time, they were all merely trained servants and assassins trained to use the Dark Side, under limitation. They can only be OKed by Sidious for use. So he's clearly in control of the Inquisitors as commander in chief . Vader may be the dog trainer master but the dog trainer master still serves a master.

Who Answers To Whom

Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine: The Supreme power

Governor Tarkin and Darth Vader: Ruthlessly enforce the Emperor's orders

The Inquisitor: Can commandeer required Imperial forces while on missions, aside from Governor Tarkin

- Star Wars Absolutely Everything You Need to Know

Darth Dnej likes this.
  22. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Indeed. I still don´t see the logic in take them out of the show, and I´m not sure they are gone, actually. This is most likely a trailer of the 1st part of the season, and there is still a lot to be shown. I really don´t see a reason behind Vader saying "alright, 3 Inquisitors died on Malachor, I´m gonna kill them all for that". For an Inquisitor to die fighting Maul has nothing to do with their power or their success, because Maul is very powerful and could defeat most Jedi masters anyway. They can be powerful themselves and be killed by him all the same.

Besides, that´s a very good point... why would Vader kill his own special forces? Really, within the inner logic of the show, sooner or later Vader should send more of them after Ezra, Kanan, Maul, and the holocron, that must be an object of great interest to the Emperor. They can go around it and say "ok! no more Inquisitors. The Empire will use bounty hunters to get that holocron", but it just doesn´t make a lot of sense...

Jarrus likes this.
  23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Some bounty hunters are quite skilled at taking down Jedi, but now that the Jedi being hunted have leveled up, so should the Inquisitors, if they want to stay relevant and useful.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think Inquisitors have been wasted so far. Still confused whether or not the Grand Inquisitors was planned for the start or creative created the rank when planning season two.

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I think by now, the inquisitors are just useless. But they need a new villain that has to loose against the ghost crew for the season without diminishing Thrawn as an effective villain.