main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Uh, thats the fun! The possibilities are close to endless! We could see the Inquisitorius inner workings, even a flashback to make us understand why they are so fanatically loyal to Vader. They could be involved in a flashback of how Maul came to Malachor, and the reason behind the Eighth Brother being tasked to finding him. Or show us an Inquisitor that doesn´t work from lightsaber fighting at all, and is more about tracking his/her targets by interrogating and outsmarting them, a little like the way they were in the old EU.

To be honest I don´t think that being dangerous is defining for the potential of a character. Vader is probably my favorite character in SW, I think he has been treated with respect in this series, and still when I watched their fight in the Siege of Lothal I was pretty certain neither Kanan nor Ezra were going to die against him. I just find very interesting a set of characters that we know close to nothing about, that renounce their individuality and identity all for power and the promise of more to come, that realize their are unique as Force users and yet expendable all the same, and even knowing this they continue pursuing the task they have been given to the end. They are force users in an Empire that looks down on the Force, mostly aliens in a humanocentric regime, they have no friends and their closest beings are competitors that most likely want to see them dead. I think there is a lot of material if they wanted to go deeper into the Inquisitorius...

Jarrus likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They are loyal to Vader because he could end them in an instant

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I think Rebels should introduce 1 more Inquisitor and.....*shock* not have him killed off at all during the remaining days of the show. Actually.....*gasp* get character development. Someone who can appear in star wars beyond just Rebel content. A person who reason for existence is not to have constant skirmishes with Kanan and Ezra before eating dirt. An intelligent villain who can hurt the Rebels without resorting to using a Ligtsaber. One who also has training in using a blaster. A baddie who *cheers* is never seen using his lightsaber as a helicopter.

Besides that. Expand on the Inquisitors in a comic book. This could also be used to give us more of the Grand Inquisitor, such as his first duel against a Jedi.

Also have them appear in OT era and post-ROTJ stories. Note I am not saying the origination itself should survive post-ANH. Although if the Empire does "decommission" them, I could see a few surviving. As stories about Jedi survivors are interesting, a story about an ex-Inquisitor trying to survive could be enjoyable if done well.

Make Inquisitors Great Again.

Ventrix and podjazd like this.
  4. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    A bad guy who doesn't resort to using a lightsaber (to fight with, or as a helicopter), who doesn't duel the Jedi heroes and eat dirt, who uses brains and a blaster... isn't an Inquisitor. On the plus side, we do already have an interesting and complex baddie who has all the above and glorious sideburns too - step forward Agent Kallus who is destined for more focus. And Thrawn is the kind of evil mastermind who is going to give us a lot more brains and blasters over lightsabers in any case.

There are still stories to be told about Inquisitors. Rebels is not the place to tell them.

Blackhole E Snoke and Danifae like this.
  5. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    You mistake what I was saying. I didn't say he would never fight kanan or Ezra in a duel, but it should not be done in the amounts of time previous inquisitors did. Use him in less duels. And I disagree that an inquisitor also trained to use a blaster, isn't an Inquisitor. For all we know, maybe there is one trained to take out enemy's from afar. A man who"s sole targets to kill arnt just surviving Jedi.

6. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    The Inquisitors job is to hunt down Jedi. Everyone else is what you use dudes like Kallus for. And the Grand Inquisitor (from which title is presumably the best) was hyped up as this deadly dude who kicked Kanan's ponytail up and down the corridor every time they fought... until he didn't. Then TWO Inquisitors at once also failed. Then THREE failed. If you introduce yet another Inquisitor and say that this time he's definitely going to be dangerous this time, we swear... then who is really going to believe that? Why should anyone believe it?

missile, Danifae and darklordoftech like this.
  7. WattoIsAJedi

WattoIsAJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2016
    Heard they were supposed to be getting rid of the inquisitors

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    A Star Wars universe without Cronal or Jerec is a much weaker, less dark and intriguing place.

The whole dark times period, being reduced to a children's cartoon story, is never going to come close to what came before in Legends.

9. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    The dark times does deserve a darker show in the continuity. A show that partly deals with the perspective of imperial troopers, agents, maybe even an Inquisitor. While also portraying Rebel pilots and Agents. No Jedi please. A show where both sides are explored. Maybe it could take place post-Rebels pre-Rouge One.

10. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Assuming of course that Rebels is the only media they ever make set in this time period, which frankly seems... unlikely. Heck, Rogue One is set just after and it's described as basically a full on war movie. There's a couple of anthology movies planned, at least one of which (the Han Solo movie) is going to be set in the same period and aimed at an older primary audience. The ''children's cartoon story'' is part of the dark times period story, not it's beginning, middle and end.

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Exactly, and that can't happen if Rebels goes around closing all the doors for future media set in that time. If Rebels wants to finish with Inquisitors then that's fine, but it would be a big mistake to say they are all gone from the galaxy now.

I like to think Jerec is out in the unknown regions doing the Emperors archeological investigations, and could return at some point with some discovery or another.

Ithorians likes this.
  12. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I would have preferred if Rebels ended on season 3, but I think we are getting season 4. That being the case, I hope season 4 is its last season. Because I want there to still be a sliver of the dark times that deals with a pre-ANH rebellion that doesn't have help from the Jedi anymore. It is not a good scenario if they keep pushing Rebels end to say a few months before Rouge One. Let there be at least a whole year (preferably 1.5 yrs) between end of Rebels and beginning of Rouge One.

It is in my preference that Disney focuses on non-force users in the next animated show.

13. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    If Rogue One does well enough to establish non-Force-using leads as viable (financially) then I reckon a few more new muggle heroes will show up here and there. If it doesn't meet whatever targets they've set for it then we're more likely to see more of the tried and tested characters over any new ones at all.

That said, out of the six main Ghosts (seven if you count Rex) only two are force users and if we take the pre-season talk at face value then Sabine (non force user) is going to get a lot more focus this time around. Thrawn finding a way to block/nullify Force users is one of his more famous party tricks as well so hopefully the others are going to get a time to shine.

Darth Dnej and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  14. LinAjax

LinAjax Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2016
    I dont think Rogue One proves that since its relying heavily on the trappings of ANH. So we got the Death star, Vader, etc. It more proves you dont need a Skywalker in the lead I guess. Need to break some new ground that isnt around major events without a Force User before I buy that.

15. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Someone who becomes Maul's Apprentice when he realizes Ezra ain't gonna be it.....:redsaber:

16. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    According to some one on boards4chan who already has the Ahsoka novel she fights a new Inquisitor called the Sixth Brother. The Grand Inquisitor makes a cameo at the end. Novel takes place 1 year after ROTS.

Edit: The Sixth Brother is apperantly a Pau'an.

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Wouldnt be surprising if a few show up in Season III at some point.

18. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Interesting news! thanks for sharing, hopefully we will have confirmation of it next week...

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He doesnt seem to be
    a Pau'an:

A new Inquisitor, the Sixth Brother, appears in the book. He's described with being a species that no one really recognized, with grey skin and striking ice-blue eyes. His face had scars in it (If I remember correctly, these scars were tribal or something in nature, and not from battle). He had a typical dual-blade spinning lightsaber many of the other inquisitors had. At this point, the inquisitors were new and no one really knew who they were or what they did. EDIT 2: He was rather large in build, much taller than Ahsoka. If I had to guess, I'd say he was 6'5ish (200cm) or taller. Ahsoka comments that due to his size and build, he must be very strong. He also wore a black helmet with a blast shield at one point.
    The book goes rather in-depth on the nature of Kyber Crystals, some of which has been talked about before in different forms of media. The TL;DR is that the Kyber Crystals 'grow slowly and uniformly', waiting for the person they are meant for. To the person the crystals were meant for, the crystals would appear to glow and hum with a 'unique song', which they could hear/sense through the force. To everyone else, the crystals would not glow and would appear to be nothing more than ice. Ahsoka talks about how, when the Sith/Dark Side User got a hold of Kyber Crystals, they'd bend them to their will, twist them with the force, causing the "Crystals to bleed", which in turn caused the crystals to turn a blood red. Ahsoka says she can sense at one point that the Sixth Brother's Crystals were familiar, like she had felt them before in the Jedi temple. She assumes that the temple had been raided after Order 66, and that palpatine had taken a number of lightsabers and crystals stored there.

(Cont.) It is possible to restore these bleeding crystals, as Ahsoka demonstrates in the book. While searching for Crystals for her new lightsabers, her new crystals sing to her over a great distance. She ends up fighting the Sixth brother and it's revealed that the Sixth Brother's lightsaber contains her Crystals. (That is, the crystals within the lightsaber 'Chose' her. They were meant to be hers.) During the fight with the Sixth brother, she reaches out towards the lightsaber with the force, the Crystals (Reacting to her (And only her)), are drawn towards her within the lightsabers casing. She reaches forward and places her fingers on the hilt, and with that the hilt cracks suddenly. The misaligned crystals and cracked casing makes the lightsaber overload, and explode. The explosion kills the Sixth Brother, burning most of his face. Ahsoka retrieves the crystals from his destroyed lightsaber, the crystals now being 'Restored', she uses the force to construct her lightsabers, and when activated, they shine 'A Brilliant, Warm White'. She explains later that the white shows how they've been restored/purified. (Personal Note: I'm not certain as to if all restored lightsabers become white, or if white was it's original color before it's 'Bleeding', it's not gone into, but it's implied that restored/purified crystals are white. Which would explain why no Jedi has a white lightsaber, as white comes from lightsabers that have been restored/purified))

EDIT 3: It's explained that the main work the Inquisitors are doing is hunting down force-sensitive children, and at the time (Being 1 year after Order 66), many of the Inquisitors have yet to actually face Jedi. This is apparent when the Sixth Brother confronts Ahsoka. He uses brute force against her and tends to swing wildly. Ahsoka, with her training, is able to easily dodge is advances.
    The Grand Inquisitor appears shortly at the end of the book, making note of the events Ahsoka goes through in the book, and how much damage she (And her allies) were able to make against the empire. He then precedes to contact Darth Vader, and reports to Vader that he's "Found another Jedi". Implying that the Grand Inquisitor at least has found some Jedi since order 66

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsca...oilers_just_finished_my_ahsoka_novel_heres_a/

Curiously their "Dark Side/Sith Eyes" appear inconsistent, one wonders if this has to do with killing their first Jedi or some big bloodbath. Its odd. But the Inquisitor in the book seems to be like a 5th Brother lightweight. Provided these spoilers are accurate of course.

podjazd likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Interesting....

21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Yeah that was my take as well. Definitely supports the idea that not all the Jedi were killed and that some may have been able to go into hiding. Possibly starting families of their own. Also we got introduced to Hedala Fardi who in my opinion was self teaching herself how to use the Force as well. I don't think that will be the last we see of her in the Canon.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They're not Jedi, they're just Force sensitives and with no training, and we seen on Rebels Force sensitives getting saved but no effort in training them by either Kanan or Ahsoka. Some refugees, people and friends Ahsoka saved were apparently settled on Alderaan, so its not likely they survived its destruction. Plus there was yet another Jedi purge carried out by Snoke and Kylo Ren wiping out Luke's new Jedi Order .

The 6th Brother sounded an awfully lot like the TFA concept art which 5th Brother was also modeled from, kinda odd in a way, they both are almost the same even in body build and fighting style ect.

[​IMG]

With both Inquisitors they added some kinda tattooing or facial scarring but the 6th Brother also has a retracting face mask and not completely exposed like the 5th Brother was. Unfortunately this warrior was not well trained since he could not fight with his own face shield down, like say a Jedi could. This ultimately does him in. His description is bit strange, as his coloration some of which may of been artificial. It seems that Inquisitors may undergo certain modifications to their appearance to make them more intimidating as we seen with the Dark Side markings on The Grand Inquisitor as a good example. The 6th Brother did not seem prepared to fight an actual Jedi Knight, certainly not a war veteran like Ahsoka but otherwise he was this lumbering powerhouse and fully capable of wiping out regular combatants like the 5th Brother. The Grand Inquisitor reflected upon the failure of the 6th Brother, his failure was primarily being reckless and careless in accepting in rushing into fighting a fully trained Jedi warrior. Seems these warriors were for whatever reason rushed out their to locate and attempt to kill Jedi, but its not clear why if they were former Jedi Knights(GI certainly was) was their training so weak in dealing with actual Jedi Knights since its their purpose alongside with locating younglings and newborns. This construct behind their concept is very weak imo.

Its clear Vader was not the only one going around, he had the GI and the other Inquisitors seeking out and eliminating Jedi. Ahsoka basically destroys the 6th Brother by doing what she did with the 7th Sister, but this time grabbing the lightsaber and causing it to explode itself and the shrapnel and explosion destroys his face and kills him. Seems if he had the his face shield down and knew how to fight with it(apparently you need to fully trained and completely attuned with the Force to fight with limited vision through a masked helmet) . The theory that both the 5th Brother and 7th Sister got more training after their first duel with Ahsoka seems even more probable but at the same time it makes the GI look more of a complete and utter clown as even that character heavily relied upon the spinning factor and not enough on his own skills and for whatever reason this was not an issue when fighting against a war veteran padawan Jedi like Kanan(Caleb). The spinning lightsabers are indeed their to make up for their lack or limited fighting skill.

24. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    That´s a good catch! It really looks like the Sixth Brother was designed with that image in mind... regrettably, it´s possible that´s as close as a visual description we will get of him. I get the feeling that the Sixth Brother had raw power, but was undertrained in order to face a Jedi of Ahsoka´s level, considering that this happened a year after Order 66. The other Inquisitors we know seemed more prepared, specially on Malachor, so it´s logical to asume they did get more training. In that sense, I suppose the saber design (that was meant for them to be able to reproduce some of Maul´s techniques without having 20 years of Sith training) did gave the Grand Inquisitor an advantage in his battles, and that´s why he preferred it. The Fifth Brother, who seemed very a old school Inquisitor, didn´t use the dual, spinning version of the lightsaber until Malachor, so perhaps he started using it because of this training...

Jarrus likes this.
  25. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    It would have been better if the 6th brother would have been a trandoshan or something like that.

podjazd likes this.