main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Judging by how skilled in the Force Ezra and Kanan became, I think seeing other inquisitors would be quite useless by now.

2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Just allow them to look better, and it won´t be a problem. After all, there is a lot of heat against the Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister and they were given what? 4 episodes to develop themselves? so they lose a fight and in the mind of some fans they are immediately the worst fighters of the galaxy. Just give the new ones time to present them as threats and they will be engines to push the series forward.

Just look at Ezra´s development in season 3. It´s been all over the place. In season 1 and 2 the focus was there, he had to improve his force skills, and so did Kanan, because they were forced by the Inquisitors. It was improve or die, and they never improved to the point they could best the Inquisitors easily. Kanan had to wrestle, too, with giving Ezra Jedi values, basically what to do with the power he was getting, so they both had room for growth as characters. Now, with Ahsoka out of the picture and Maul perhaps soon to be, the Inquisitors can be important to the story if they are allowed by the writers...

Jarrus likes this.
  3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If they kill Kanan then the Inquisitors would be more of a threat, bc then it would be Ezra facing them all alone

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

Yup the Inquisitors have LITERALLY zero wins to their name, it makes them look very pathetic as adversaries. Heck, at this point I wouldn't mind them being retconned out as feeble experiments by the Emperor and him acknowledging that Vader is the only Jedi Hunter he ever needed.

Darth Basin and Darth_Pevra like this.
  5. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Depends on what you consider a win. All of the Inquisitors we've seen so far have kept Kanan and Ezra on the ropes. Even the Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister. Kanan and Ezra seem to barely keep up with them.

The only reason they were defeated the two times that they were actually defeated is that the first time, they fought the Apprentice of the most powerful Jedi who ever existed, and the second time they were defeated it was because they all had the help of Darth Maul.

Otherwise the Inquisitors are always depicted as frequently overpowering our main heroes.

Sent from A TRANSMISSION BEAMED ABOARD THIS SHIP--

Ithorians likes this.
  6. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Exactly!! I would hardly think the Inquisitors normally fail to kill/capture the Jedi they find. If so, why was such a big deal that the Grand Inquisitor failed to kill Kanan? after all, he killed himself rather than face Vader afterwards... that simply means he has never failed before, and neither have the other Inquisitors, or they wouldn´t be active by the time of Rebels. Some Inquisitor probably did fail, and so the others saw what Vader did to him/her/them; therefore the extreme terror at the notion of failing him.

All in all, if Mustafar is "the place Jedi go to die" and the Inquisitorius is still functional after 15+ years, that means that they normally succeed and what we´ve seen in Rebels is not the norm, I would say.

7. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Yeah. Obviously the Inquisitors have been doing their jobs up to this point, and they haven't exactly given us as the audience much reason to think that they are underpowered and useless.

Sent from A TRANSMISSION BEAMED ABOARD THIS SHIP--

8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think ending the Inquisitorius now limits the future of the new EU. You can use them as Dark Siders running around causing problems on their own or use them as the core of the Knights of Ren going into the ST.

9. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    What are the chances Barriss is one of the remaining Inquisitors?

Darth Basin likes this.
  10. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Yeah, besides they were more than a match for Kanan and Ezra,especially the Grand Inquisitor

TheAvengerButton likes this.
  11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Grand Inquisitor seemed so random, when it was announced. You'd think he would've been more difficult to defeat.

I think we've seen the last of them.

Darth Basin and Darth Dnej like this.
  12. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I think this was specifically addressed and apparently we are getting a conclusion to their storyline. Sounds weird to leave it completely out of season 3, but they would likely close up Maul´s story first. And well, not saying that they will go for it, but considering the amount of speculation it raised when introducing the Seventh Sister, I guess to have Barriss Offee as an Inquisitors would have the potential for a great storyline indeed, especially if Ahsoka returns as well...

podjazd, Darth Basin and Darth Dnej like this.
  13. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    For the Inquisitors, people really take this cartoon at face value too much. Lore-wise, they are established Jedi Hunters. They existed to hunt and kill Jedi, that's the literal reason they exist as characters in Star Wars. But this is a pretty kid-friendly show, and the protagonists are not designed to be short-term, so if they encounter the bad guys they generally HAVE to win or escape. It doesn't mean the Inquisitors are weak or can't kill Jedi or any such thing. It just means the story they want didn't call for the Jedi they fought to lose. So they didn't.

14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Um....yeah no. Ezra couldn't handle five Mandalorians armed with nothing more than blasters. Whereas Ahsoka took down at least a half-dozen without breaking a sweat on Karlak. Pretty sure Season 3 Ezra still can't handle an Inquisitor. What you have to remember is that Ezra's skill level is still pretty low, he's only had a year and a half of sporadic training and his teacher wasn't even a full Jedi for most of it.

15. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

Ashokha is pretty strong "pet" character of Filoni I don't think he's ever had her "defeated" on screen without some circumstantial element. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he had her hold her own against the Emperor in a duel if they ever cross paths under his watch.

Darth Basin likes this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Ahsoka is a strong character who grew up during the Clone Wars television series. Filoni has created many characters, all of which get the screentime and development they need to go further. Ahsoka could never defeat the Emperor, that was Vader's job. Creators have favorite characters they've created, but that doesn't make them their pets.

Darth Basin, Vialco and Darth Dnej like this.
  17. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Barriss Offee crushed Ahsoka in single combat in the warehouse on Coruscant

She had to run for her life from General Grievous on Skytop Station

Asajj Ventress easily outmaneuvered her and trapped her in a cell aboard the Tranquility

Ventress overpowered Ahsoka again on Coruscant, pinning her to the ground with a pair of lightsabers held to her throat

Ahsoka got beat many times in the Clone Wars. She's not by any means an invincible character. No character is truly invincible. But it's constantly weak characters who don't display any real progression in combat skills that annoy me. Ezra hasn't come very far after two and a half seasons and three years of Jedi and Sith training.

Kanan really needs to take that kid on a month-long meditative retreat and just focus on lightsaber training.

Darth Basin likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Zatt was the Padawan who died attacking the clones who met Bail at the temple.

19. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    No that was Zett (Played by George Lucas's son) and he was a human character.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I was close. :p

21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sora Bulq is around too.

Inquisitor's may have to pair up and or use troops, as a lone one would be able to handle a fully trained Jedi Knight. I would imagine they'd need also to capture and kill methods rather than engaging directly like the 6th Brother did Ahsoka. Especially in early years, perhaps a post Malachor Inquisitor could be better trained nowadays or just the same still. The only actually experienced one was the GI and he did not fair very well against Kanan in the end.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Oh yeah Bulq too. I guess it's easy to forget him since his back story has been significantly changed now that he isn't a fallen Jedi anymore in new cannon.

23. SupremeCommander

SupremeCommander Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2016
    I'd love to see more of the Inquisitors, especially of how their organisation works! Like are the numbers ranks, or order of joining?

podjazd likes this.
  24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Actually the Grand Inquisitor's lightsaber style was notoriously weak against brutal assaults. His personal form lacked a solid defense as we saw in his numerous duels with Kanan prior to their final confrontation on the Sovereign.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    His style was various and proficient throughout the season and he was shown to be an exceptional capable Force user, but once Kanan embraced the Force and all the self confidence stuff then at that moment the Inquisitor became overwhelmed and outclassed. Its more along the lines of the good guy always has to win than anything else.

Darth Dnej likes this.