main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd much rather see the inner workings of the Inquisitorius explained in the Rebels series, rather than the comics. I'd also like to view their base of operations, especially if they're working in the Jedi Temple.

2. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    They really wasted these characters and concept.

Typical for Rebels unfortunately.

3. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2017
    Although wasted, the Inquisitors will always stay in my heart. :)

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I think that it is likely that the Inquisitors were all once Jedi and Jedi Padawans who were captured and turned. That would certainly be in line with Palpatine getting rid of any that he has left -- he already has a turned Jedi for an apprentice. Or perhaps Vader gets rid of them, if he thinks they might become competition. It would be very interesting if Bariss Offee showed up as a last Inquisitor.

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They died out a lil too conveniently and too quietly into the night deal, if all of this is the case. They could've had them killed off this season en masse where it would've atleast been believable and cinematic and built up all the characters and put the Sith/Empire in danger to set the stage for Luke - instead of a mostly dud season of boring.

6. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2017
    Albeit there was brief reference about their ties with Jedi Order, I hope everything is not so simple. Say the oldest ones like the Grand Inquisitor were already full fledged Jedi (temple guards, knights, masters). Survived and converted padawans (for example Fifth Brother) or even younglings (Seventh Sister). As we all remember how Sidious planned to kidnap force-sensitives in the Clone Wars. I'm pretty sure his plan wasn't restricted by what we've seen on screen. Perhaps the youngest Inquisitors are these kidnapped children (may be Eighth Brother, he seems young enough to me). Also let's not exclude children who were recruited in age similar of younglings. And they decided to willingly join Inquisitorius and were taken away similar way like Jedi do with kids of similar age.

Ithorians likes this.
  7. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Absolutely! All in all, I get the feeling we will be seeing them again in Rebels, but I had lost hope about a flashback showing their origins, or an episode told from their point of view. With that in mind I´m simply so excited about this new Darth Vader comic! not only for getting a new canon version of this interesting era (perhaps we could even get Vader hunting Jedi down!) but because it will at least partially provide some very needed development for the Inquisitorius.

Besides, we should finally get a visual reference for the Sixth Brother and from the higher ranking ones! and discover if there is actually a First Brother or if it was the Grand Inquisitor all along, perhaps know how many Inquisitors are there... Soule said in the interview that there was a lot of this information already defined by the LF Story Group, so probably they just didn´t have the right media to present it... this is just too exciting!!!!!

podjazd, BliTTzZ and SilentGuy66 like this.
  8. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2017
    I wish we had some serious and interesting episodes through imperial eyes instead filler-episodes like "Double Agent Droid". To present some more gray areas in the show instead of simple black and white. No doubt there were reasons why Inquisitors became what they are. The circumstances they were forced in or the reasons behind their decisions. To see how imperial military works. One can say this show is mainly focused on rebels and it won't be otherwise. I wish it would...

Ithorians likes this.
  9. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Sixth Brother reminded me of the Sith Lord(apparently at one point their was many) concept art for the TFA which I think some of the ideas come from(the newer films including concepts and ideas):

[​IMG]

Ithorians likes this.
  10. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I remember! and I think you are very right! between the unnatural looking grey skin, the blue, electric eyes and the armor he wears, it seems very likely that he was inspired by that concept. Perhaps we will get the chance to see if they make some reference to it in the comic, or if he gets completely reimagined.

BTW, funny to see Talon in there too, as a concept for TFA. I wonder if she was meant to be to Maul what Lumiya was to Vader in the old canon...

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  11. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2017
    At least the Fifth Brother wasn't copied completely from this concept. This guy looks intimidating but reaaally ugly. It also feels almost every Dark Side user must look like crippled handicap. More clichés I guess? More importantly I can't wait when Fifth's and Sixth's species will be revealed to us? My guess that they're even of the same species.

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Talon had a few pieces in the TFA art book, at one point she murdered someone in bed as an assassin .

revan772 likes this.
  13. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    On the Wook page it said the Seventh Sister was once part of the Jedi Order. Is this true? I don't remember Rebels ever mentioning anything about her once being a Jedi and I'm not aware of her appearing in anything outside of Rebels. The Wook is good about not making things up out of thin air though so I'm assuming it was mentioned somewhere.

14. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    That is news to me. I looked it up, the reference they use for that claim is a tweet.
    It's a bit vague though.

15. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2017
    You can check the pages of every Inquisitor and there's the same excerpt about ties with the Jedi Order. I have my doubts these words were spoken by someone from the writers' team and not some random starwars.com employee. But if this statement is true then I would call really lazy writing.

16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I certainly hope it was a lazy cut-and-paste job, instead of the actual backstory for all these Inquisitors. I don't like the idea of them all having connections to the Jedi Order.

17. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2017
    They all seem pretty young to me, excluding pau'an of course. It's all up to Charles Soule right now and I hope he won't screw this up. The pinnacle of my expectations would be independent one-shot comic for every Inquisitor.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  18. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I get the feeling they don´t! At least going by what the 6th Brother tells Ahsoka when confronting her:

To me it sounds more like he was indoctrinated into seeing the Jedi as weak, cold, etc, and not talking from personal experience...

Fifth Brother too? I always got an old school vibe from him, to the point that he didn´t even use the dual function of his lightsaber up until the finale. 7th and 8th do sounded/looked younger, and were more comfortable with the technological advances available to them.

Seeing the first Darth Vader comic, I have little to no fear about a screw up, I hope I´m right... by the way I´m loving your idea for a pinnacle of expectations!

Jarrus likes this.
  19. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    The tweet is very vague and it leaves room open for all kinds of conclusions. Rather it be they were an actual padawan or a five year old youngling etc...etc...

I personally feel like many of them are going to end up being some of the force sensitive children that Sidious was hiding from the Jedi which was depicted in one of the episodes in TCW.

20. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2017
    The thing about the Sixth Brother is that he's an adult already. And it's only one year after foundation of the Empire. Let's consider just for a moment that period of growing up for his species is faster than average across the galaxy.
    But anyway this creates a few possibilites.

1). He was a Jedi before.
    Albeit his combat skills were higher than of Padawan, he couldn't even inflict a minor wound to Ahsoka. It's pretty clear that writer tried once again to show darksiders in bad colors, let's just pretend he was a little better than average Padawan. Also we can't be sure about sincerity in his words regarding Jedi and their lack of emotions. May be he geniunely believed in what he said, may be it was carefully developed lies, or may be mix of both. But once again we can see this stupid statement on his wiki page about ties with Jedi Order, as if he's a former Jedi like other Inquisitors.

2). He was trained in the ways of the Dark Side by someone few years before Empire's ascension.
    I have to say this variant is the most fabulous and weird. To be honest I have no idea who it could be. You can't even speculate about possible masters since numbers of darksiders across the galaxy were very scarce during this time period. Darth Tyranus deigned to find a new toy?

3). He lived on some remote isolated planet and never encountered Jedi or Sith before. So right after his discovery Empire feeds him lies and he willingly joins Inquisitorius. I'd call this mild brainwashing. Usually Padawans begin their training in the childhood, we can recall the reluctance of Jedi Council about Anakin's training because of his age. And this guy is already grown up and on top of that recieves very poor and incomplete training. No wonder he struggles to fight even against unarmed Ahsoka. Speaking of his death from blown up lightsaber... the changes about kyber crystals and their mystical singing to certain person is what really bugs me out.

We'll see about the Fifth Brother. May be it's just traits of his species? We don't even know who he is. Presumably amphibian from moist planet, that's my guess.
    Glad to hear you have no misgivings about Soule's previous works. However have no doubts I will impale him with my spinsaber immediately if he screws up.

21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I have a feeling they are going to introduce the Inquisitors in the comic by having some Imp coming up to Vader saying "We caught a Jedi prisoner" and Vader goes to see him and it is an imprisoned Grand Inquisitor. Then it will show Vader messing with him to turn him to the Darkside, really scaring him. (Referencing his last line.) Just a thought / wish that came to mind.

Darth Basin and PCCViking like this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    To be truthful I am excited, because the true seeds for this was at the beginning of the ROTS novel. We've seen some of them in Rebels and hopefully we can see more there and of course in the comic book series. I want to see them in action, learn more about there force abilities, technology, and stuff like that. The empire's undercover dark side magicians.

23. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Absolutely! And indeed, Rebels would do well to bring back the Inquisitors in season 4. They are far more interesting/threatening characters than the Konstantine of turn, and there is still a lot to be developed around them. And, also, the Empire *should* deal with Kanan and Ezra in some way, so they have a natural role to fill in Rebels´ storyline...

Jarrus likes this.
  24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I really hope we'll see more Inquisitors, including a new Grand Inquisitor, in Season 4. It doesn't make sense for the Empire to stop sending them after Ezra and Kanan, when they well know they're still alive. Thrawn could have used them as well in Season 3.

I wouldn't also mind the Inquisitorius to survive the Rebels show and be dealt with by the Rebel Alliance in between Ep. 4 and 5, or maybe even survive after Ep. 6 and be finished off by Luke.

25. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2017
    Would be nice though creators of canon content would stop following the "no force users besides mentioned ones in ANH" rule. When they would stop killing all of them because of it.
    Wish they would pay more attention to minor and secondary characters. Let them have a spark of personality, make the look more humane with their own fears, joys, pain and everything else developed character has. To nip at least little bit of attention the major charasters of Saga have from their fans.

revan772 likes this.