main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016

episodenone and Darth Dnej like this.
  2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I always thought the Tarkin statement about "you are the last of that ancient religion" can be Jedi & exJedi dying out. Darksiders excluded.

3. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Completely agree! besides, the one Imperial darksider Tarkin knew besides Vader is gone, and I´m fairly sure Tarkin has absolutely no information about the inner workings of a secret organization that answers only to Vader himself...

4. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It would be cool if it turned out Thrawn had his own personal squad of Inqusitors that wore his emblem, I would love it if such a group did exist and made a cameo in the S3 finale.

Anyway I really hope Inquisitors return in season 4 and get some well needed development, It has been a major missed opportunity that Rebels hasn't had the villain centric Maul and Ventress kind of stories that made TCW so special.

5. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Palpatine want to control the force and there is no way he allowed anyone create his own force units. But it will indeed be cool if Thrawn have some sort of chiss elite squad under his command(no noghri guard this time)

6. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    We definitely need these guys back for season 4.
    Non - Force sensitive enemies like Thrawn are just not that interesting imo.

Vialco, podjazd and Ithorians like this.
  7. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Th
    Thrawn would work well if the series was darker, but his character has been downplayed to a villain who lets the good guys win each week, yet still think he is victorious because he got a scrap of information. He is the best non force sensitive villain we have had, but not a brilliant adaption of Thrawn. Hopefully in the finale he is very successful in both strategy and combat.

TheMechanical0ne likes this.
  8. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    One thing I´ve been wondering... why Thrawn didn´t bother to call an Inquisitor when he captured Ezra in Hera´s Heroes? I can´t imagine the Inquisitors answering anyone but Vader, but there was a good chance to maintain the integrity of that chain of command and still make them colaborate with Thrawn (who, I imagine, would find great results with such a rare resource at hand). Ezra still has the Sith Holocron and is in training to be a Jedi...

There is a number of explanations, anyway; I doubt Thrawn didn´t know of Ezra´s Force abilities, but rather the Inquisitorius is that obscure and Thrawn didn´t feel his current plan needed to summon such a rare kind of agent. Still, it was an interesting chance to connect them in some way...

MrDarth0 likes this.
  9. TheMechanical0ne

TheMechanical0ne Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2014
    If I recall correctly, that maybe because of Filoni's belief that due to Tarkin's choice of words to Vader in ANH, in which he claims that the 'Jedi are extinct' and that Vader is 'all that's left of their religion', that Imperial force users such as the Inquisitors should be out of the picture before ANH comes around. It's a shame, really, as the Inquisitors so far have only had two seasons in a show where they aren't even the focus to develop, though fortunately for inquisitorus fans I believe they'll be appearing in a new Vader comic that was announced recently. But seeing as Tarkin seems to be keeping watch from afar on the progress against the Ghost crew, seeing as they did blow up his star destroyer, I can see why Filoni wants to go this route.

Though that raises the often brought up question on how exactly Kanan and Ezra can survive past ANH when Tarkin is looking out to make sure they are dealt with. It'd be one thing if Ezra and Kanan were very selective on using the Force and their lightsabers out in the open, but seeing as they use them in every battle now, I'm curious as to how this possible discrepancy will be dealt with by Filoni and the others at Lucasfilm.
    If someone got paid a nickel every time Kanan and Ezra's fate possibly conflicting with Luke being the last Jedi/Tarkin's quote on the Jedi got brought up, I'm fairly sure they'd be rich by now. :p

10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I honestly don't mind Kanan, Ezra, and the whole of the Inquisitorius being gone by ANH. I do however expect an explanation as to what happened to the other Inquisitors that weren't killed by Maul. Tarkin's comments don't need to be fact, as he was brushing the notion off more than anything.

Darth Dnej and TheMechanical0ne like this.
  11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Pablo did, briefly, hint we might see Vader's Castle (or it explained) in Rebels at some point. Maybe that is when we might see another Inquisitor.

cwustudent, Darth Dnej and Ithorians like this.
  12. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    This could be a fantastic opportunity, it would be great to have more Vader´s castle in canon!

I believe they don´t need to look very far for reasons to bring back the Inquisitors: Kanan and Ezra are still alive, I presume Maul´s demise isn´t common knowledge, and the Sith Holocron hasn´t been recovered yet...

13. Darth Marcia

Darth Marcia Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2016
    I´m thrilled about this new Darth Vader comic. I really liked the first one, and knowing that the Inquisitors will show up in this one, I´m hopeful to get more information about the Inquisitorius itself, how it works, how known or underground are the Inquisitors within the Empire, and how is their relationship with Darth Vader!

14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

I've been advocating the theory that there are no Inquisitors left for quite some time now. I maintain that Maul and the Jedi killed them all on Malachor.

15. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Interesting... you think both the Seventh Sister and the Eighth Brother were lying when they said there were more Inquisitors searching for Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka? I´m rather hoping they were telling the truth, I would love to see more Inquisitors on Rebels and I get the feeling the show really needs them...

16. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    The Producer of the show, Dave Filoni has said on record that he's trying to get closer to the environment of ANH. And there were no Inquisitors in ANH. Not to mention that we haven't even heard a mention of the Inquisitors since The Holocrons of Fate.

17. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Oh, I see. I was hoping for an in-universe theory... you are right about what Filoni said. However, as it has been discussed many times around here, the fact that they are not shown on ANH doesn´t mean automatically that they are gone. Of course, one can agree with Filoni there or not, it´s all fine. Personally, I simply don´t see the logic behind either ruling them out because they were not shown in the movie (who could they be hunting in ANH?) nor because of Tarkin´s quote, whom I refuse to accept as a grand connoisseur in matters of the Force :D.

Still, since it has been said that we are getting closure on the storyline of the Inquisitorius on Rebels, I suppose if there is an official end to the organization it would be either shown or at the very least officially referenced in the show or other related media...

podjazd and BliTTzZ like this.
  18. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    My expectations for Rebels as a show have decreased dramatically after the mediocre storylines of Season Three. I no longer have faith in the writers to write a strong, overarching plot. Perhaps the Inquisitors will return in a future season. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

19. Jacken_Skywalker

Jacken_Skywalker Jedi Master

Jul 9, 2011
    Given the origins of the Inquisitorius are going to be explained in the upcoming Darth Vader comics, I would think that it's extremely likely we'll see their story wrapped up in Season 4 - or at least se something more of them.

Darth Dnej and Ithorians like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We are currently missing inquisitors 2-4 since The Grand Inquistor died, 7th 5th and Eighth also kicked it and so did 6th in the Ashoka novel

Darth Dnej likes this.
  21. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Exactly! and perhaps there is a First that isn´t the Grand Inquisitor, or a Ninth, etc... we really know pretty much nothing of their organization. What´s clear to me was that keeping the Inquisitors out of season 3 was a mistake and when one looks back at the whole season it´s noticeable. The probe assassin droids, the Sentinels or the Mandalorians, they really are not equivalent to the Inquisitors and in my opinion couldn´t become a more compelling kind of antagonists. For me the Inquisitors are far more threatening than the usual Imperial officer, and without Maul to keep the Force side of the storyline from going stale, I think they will be needed in season 4.

Besides, arguably the best episode of the series so far featured no less than 8 Force wielders. With the parameters established by the series (and even by the PT, I would say) there is really no need to continue saying "yes, we will avoid all future reference to the Force in Rebels because in the OT it felt like the Jedi were a thing from a long gone past". Well, since Malachor was 2-3 years before the OT, I would think they have two ways to explain this: either those were a long, long, long couple of years, and felt like decades; or the most logical one, simply stuff like Malachor isn´t common knowledge to the galaxy as a whole, and doesn´t change the in-universe perception of Force related matters...

22. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I think it's possible some Inquisitors died before the events seen in Rebels. Perhaps others that survived Order 66 were able to strike some down. Luminara is a great example, she was captured but we don't know under what circumstances. Perhaps the GI and another Inquisitor engaged her, and she killed one but the GI was able to subdue her.

23. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2017
    The whole thing about absence of Inquisitors and other force wielders during period of the ANH is overly exaggerated in my eyes. With all the opportunities presented and endless unsaid little bits of the story in general it is really easy to wiggle out from any delicate situation with dead end. But writers chose plain and uncomplicated way to tell the tale and as if trying their best to create easy-to-digest content even youngest viewers can comprehend. Sadly this approach severely ruins atmosphere for more adult audience.
    It all comes to certain point where even taking into account Empire's enormous presence throughout the galaxy, even considering their resources it is naturally impossible to know everything about anyone and anything. Thousands of remote systems in the Outer Rim with millions of worlds capable to provide minimal needs for living existence. Not every Jedi is eager to join new intergalactic war after witnessing similar conflict with personal involvement. Also why suggesting all inquisitors are dead just because we don't hear a word about their organisation later on? Probabilities can differ from staying as more secret organisation in the shadows avoiding divulgence within imperial ranks to just simply defecting to the enemy or hiding somewhere on their own from both imperials and rebels.
    Let's cross fingers and hope more light will be shed upon fates of these guys. Overall picture of last season, despite some really good moments and episodes, was somehow bleak and shallow to me. Desiderations Mr. Soule won't be dwelling his efforts around only Vader's character and, perhaps, it will be profitable enough to release some independent comics about inquisitors.

24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    "The Jedi are extinct. Their fire has gone out of the universe. You are all that's left of their religion my friend."

Vader's the only Force Wielder left alive that Tarkin knows about. So Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger and all the Inquisitors are gone. Because Tarkin had met or knew of all those individuals and as Grand Moff, he's very well informed of both Imperial and Rebel activities. So if he says that Vader's all that's left, then he's probably right. In relation to those Force-wielders currently active or recently active. Obi-Wan's return is a shock to all.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He was also saying "the Jedi are extinct" (or nearest equivalent) to the Grand Inquisitor. Presumably Tarkin does not class Inquisitors as Jedi.

Ithorians likes this.