main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont think they're that relevant by the time of Rebels. How many could there be, if they're recalled from the front lines by Season 3 entirely. The Empire had no Dark Jedi in use all season, not even Vader. And Thrawn is reduced to using his man-servant /assassin Rukh to combat Jedi apparently by Season 4.

You got Maul who was likely wiping them out following ROTS and right into landing on Malachor. He has a captured and converted Inquisitor lightsaber, and he's known as a rumor among the ranks of the Inquisitors that signifies they never lived long to tell about him, or long enough to confirm. Witwer and Filoni always made the broad stroke that Maul killed off the Inquisitors, so he likely had been doing so for a while, as he also was aware of them rather intimately it appeared. And Ahsoka took down an early one , one year after ROTS. Kanan did in thee Inquisitor aka the Grand Inquisitor. There likely was no more than 8 Inquisitors, going by the circles on the Fifth Brother's cuirass. There was three large circles likely representing the Emperor, Vader and the Grand Inquisitor and 8 smaller circles that likely represent the Inquisitors possibly.

Early Inquisitors would've likely fell easy at the hands of surviving Jedi Knights going by the debut in the Ahsoka book, so I can't imagine they lasted long hunting actual Jedi, and they seem to be solo hunters or two packs, anymore and they seem prone to attacking one another as they follow the Sith way, of too much competition leading to devouring eachother and a thinning of the herd would've happened at some point following their natural progression. Even out've all of Cylo's creations, the Emperor only needed one of them, the strongest. Ventress was ordered terminated the moment she was becoming too powerful, so one would imagine that perhaps the GI was in thin ice before he met his end or that these Inquisitors may be cyborgs or slave conditioned to were unlike Ventress, their minds & will and might be tampered with.

SirChosenOne and Vialco like this.
  2. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Well we will see more in the new darth Vader comic and we will most likely see new ones as well

Jedi Knight Fett and Vialco like this.
  3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Vorax

It's fitting that Maul would be killing Inquisitors like that, because that's what I imagined Sidious using him for post-TPM if Maul hadn't been defeated on Naboo.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Oh yeah, what Barriss does is inexcusably evil.

She bombs her own Temple, killing dozens of innocents.

She turns on her co-conspirator when she's captured and murders her in cold blood.

She frames her best friend, whose saved her life on multiple occasions, for the crime that she really committed.

Barriss was sitting in her room meditating while Ahsoka was on trial for her life, being prosecuted for Barriss's crimes. Those are the actions of a truly corrupt and morally bankrupt person.

cwustudent and PCCViking like this.
  5. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

In other words, a perfect candidate for Palpatine to recruit as an Inquisitor.

Vialco likes this.
  6. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Why else do you think Luminara was spared? As a loyalty test for Barriss. Which, if Luminara's death recording is to be believed, was a test that Barriss failed.

PCCViking likes this.
  7. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

I don't know...I still want to think that the Seventh Sister was Barriss. Same species, same obsession re: Ahsoka. It would have been better if Barriss had been the Seventh Sister, IMO.

8. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Ah, well that takes on a different meaning reading it that way. I'd still be curious to know under what circumstances the GI (or any other Inquisitors) would have been spared during the order. In order for Sidious to knowingly exempt them, wouldn't that mean they were in collusion before the fall of the Jedi Order? In the case of Luminara, perhaps he knew she'd make a good lure for surviving Jedi, or perhaps Barriss was indeed being tested, but either way, it requires a great deal of speculation from viewers / readers.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    For all we know she may just be a solo operator that escaped her cell or maybe she was rehabilitated like Vos by the Jedi(as yeah that can occur and did) was and sent back into the field and died during Order 66 alongside her Master or whatever. Was she still insane by ROTS or after, I don't see her as being important enough to bother worrying about her fate as they never did. I think this topic gets too dominated with Barriss talk/spec and fan desire for her to be an Inquisitor which am not sure why that would in any benift her character unless somehow they create a show where Ahsoka is being hunted by her, which seems not likely for a variety of reasons, mainly as the idea sounds too good and Ahsoka is like somewhere between dead and not dead they can't make up their minds and its not likely Ahsoka would be in danger of being KIA by Barriss - who I think was more cunning than her btw.

Barriss serving Sidious, would have to be plainly stated that she was an early convert and agent of his in order for it believable, where she's alive and around Vader's space. But then you create other problems, would Vader side with Ahsoka, but if he does, that plays too close and robs Luke of being the one aids his redemption and all of the stuff they claimed would muscle in on the integrity of the OT.

There does not appear to be any of them around post ANH, or during the post BBY where Vader has no Inquisitors and nor does Sidious. So I think they're gone. Also Luke would have trouble very early on, especially after Bespin and surely after Endor. Its doubtful there was more than 8-10 tops during the so-called dark times, maybe there was a few replacements here and there, like say the 7th Sister on Rebels was not the original 7th Inquisitor or something. The numbers would have to be really small.

10. SirChosenOne

SirChosenOne Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2017
    I agree. I think they were deemed not useful by now in Rebels after what happened to them, especially now that almost all Jedi have been wiped out anyway. The Empire has decided to invest more in Thrawn and developing the Death Star. Their thinking is probably that Vader can be used to handle any threats from remaining Force-users. I think this also lines up better with the OT to cut down on the number of Force-users so it was good timing for the story. Now all that is left is to see what happens to Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka (if she didn't die). There could be an episode in season four that explains more about the Inquisitors but I'm not sure if there is enough room to fit that in since it's the final season and we haven't seen any Inquisitors in a while. I think it's safe to assume most have already died if not all and the Empire has decided to no longer use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    So, we´re back to the theories where Maul killed all of the Inquisitors and they pretty much didn´t find/kill a single Jedi in their whole careers. They are, curiously, walking failures trained by a man that choked his own officers to death every time he perceived a failure from them... but the Inquisitors, he just kept alive because they were close to his heart. And Vader, to whom the Inquisitors report directly, was never ever capable to find Maul, but the Inquisitors found him time and again, and that´s why Maul got to kill them all...

It´s just personal opinion, but it makes no sense to me. I do think Maul killed one or perhaps more, but if he killed pretty much every single one of them he would have left a trace way too easy to follow, and it also means he got very sloppy and kept being found by the agents of an Empire Maul simply cannot contend with. He was stranded on Malachor after all, it´s possible he got to be there because an Inquisitor followed him, Maul noticed, they had a dogfight were Maul destroyed the Inquisitors ship but got his own damaged beyond repair, and he crashed. The Inquisitor had no time to report Maul´s location, and so Maul was lost to the galaxy for several years. It may not be a story for Maul´s fans liking, but it makes some sort of sense within the context of the facts presented in the series.

Besides, there are still factors that make me wonder. I´ve said this before, but it sounds very, very weird to me, that the both the Seventh Sister and the Eighth Brother told the rebels that there were MANY Inquisitors searching the galaxy for them, but according to this theory the ones in Malachor were the last ones. It sounds like a very, very forced answer; if he wanted to be defiant, the 8th Brother could have just referenced Vader like the Grand Inquisitor did...

What I do appreciate about so many varied theories is the fact that the Inquisitorius turned out to be, I think, an aspect of Rebels far more interesting than originally anticipated. At first I wasn´t all that enthusiastic about them because it was a shock to see prominently alien Inquisitors, and close to some sort of commandos instead of interrogators, like their name indicates and Legends established, but at this point I´m genuinely interested in them as characters and organization, so I´m really glad there is still information coming out about them...

Ventrix, MrDarth0 and Darth Marcia like this.
  12. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    What do you mean failed lumainara died I st at she surscced

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Luminara was executed in that very cell. By the Grand Inquisitor. So Barriss must have failed as she didn't do the final deed.

14. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Well yes the grand inquisitor was there but did Dave stated he was the one that killed her
    Oh well if so she is still a inquisitor in my canon

15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Its hard to see them around in tangible capacity, although I think the Emperor has some kinda adepts around yet. While, I do think there is other Force wielders in the galaxy, like say Garro was around, and there could be certainly be other hidden figures out there certainly during the civil war period. As far as the Empire's Dark Jedi go, I think they're gone or close to it as can be at this point. I think it was telling that it was Vader and the Sith that indirectly aided the survival of the Jedi - since it was Vader and the Emperor's ways that doomed Cylo's project and Vader wiping them all out.

Its not likely Luke would've been on his own and without proper and lets face it , legit and completed Jedi arts training, would've been able to fight off and destroy all of the Grievous-like cyborg warriors that were in development and produced. The Sith Rule of Two did them in too, just when they were taking off. The Emperor considered all those cyborgs as part of the living Force, despite that they were weak in the actual Force or whatever. The idea and principle surrounding them and their creation via The Emperor and all of that kinda thing, really confirms that Inquisitors were gone and it also states pretty obviously these cyborg enhanced warriors would've also competed for the same positions at some point even if Vader did not wipe them as his own competitors. Sidious had ordered this project and project harvester simultaneously it appears. Cylo's creations following Vader's failure on Mustafar as they were under production following around ROTS, and activated following his failure during Yavin IV and capturing the stolen plans even. I think if Vader had Inquisitors, he would've been flanked by them and had them around him during Scariff and Yavin.

Or Sidious would've turned first to the strongest Inquisitor before an enhanced cyborg one would've thought. I think Sidious really not wants any Force user around but himself, as they're potentially a threat to his very existence, and his Empire was never meant to outlive him, so he must be also seeking immortality, one part of him must've also thought like Cylo, that the Sith and Jedi methods were obsolete and new ways must be implement and naturally since he's the master, he comes first and foremost .

Problem with Rebels imo, is that its timeline was too close to ANH, they should've gave themselves 8 years before Yavin and at least 7-8 seasons worth of storytelling and development to be realistic.

16. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Agreed in stead of 5 years before ANH ot should have been 8

17. Darth Marcia

Darth Marcia Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2016
    It makes a lot of sense what you´re saying. I really like Maul, and I feel that, strategy-wise, Maul is smarter than going around killing Inquisitors just because. I do think he planned going to malachor, but being stranded there for years? not so much...

Still, I do think he was stronger than the Inquisitors and could deal with a couple of them in battle. He wasn´t hiding from them because he feared them, but because they could call Vader in, and he was too much to handle.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think he intentionally stranded himself there but he was able to remain undetected from Sidious on Malachor for quite some time and he did not seem surprised about Ezra dropping in. The idea was he was there for so and so amount of year though that was confirmed by the creators. Dathomirian Zabrak's have to periodically trim their horns, so I think Maul was very much in his correct frame of mind . Being shirtless he also blended into the structures and environment of Malachor and its Sith temples. He's like a camo mosaic. He's also wearing a different outfit and has different lower torso/legs than back in TCW/SOD that is less clunky and more streamlined and more Sith and less mando. Killing Inquisitors appeared to be his specialty, his fun just as it appeared and stated on the show. Don't forget he's a hunter and a predator and something of sporting man. He would've also viewed these Dark Jedi as affronts and heresy , and he was trained to kill Jedi whom he routinely stalked on Coruscant only restrained on orders from Sidious. Maul would apply his training in hunting these would be hunters , but this time against other Sith. The show was kinda ambiguous on whether he was still a Sith or a new kind of Sith or Dark Sider. Ezra still referred to him as Darth Maul in Season III invoking his past title and prestige.

Don't forget also certainly Maul would've been a major target on the hit list of Sidious and he escaped Order 66 on Mandalore. So Inquisitors dispatched to hunt down and eliminate and/or inform on his location to Vader makes sense , as would Maul eliminating them and taking from the Sith that which gives them their base, their power - their worshipers, their apprentices. The Sith Master holds the power, the apprentice craves it. The Inquisitorius follow suit. Its not any different than Maul and Talzin taking from Sidious what gave him power in, SOD, Dooku. Maul would have to work at the bottom before he can work his way up since the Sith have built a new order and Empire around themselves. He is but one against many, gone are his allies, Savage and Talzin and gone are the Jedi.

In the Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia they mention that Darth Vader leads the small order of Inquisitorius, key word being small. They don't seem to be a big outfit like the Jedi or whatever back in the EU. The Visual Encyclopedia also confirms the repulsor tech built inside the hilt of the lightsaber discs that create the helicopter action.

19. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I wonder how many are there I say 20

20. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006

The real question is who captured her?
    I think they insinuated the Inquisitor was present at her execution, but what would make the better reveal?
    Another meaningless Inquisitor or someone with links to both Ahsoka and the Clone Wars?

21. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Even if I like some bits of this theory, I still can´t really make sense of it. The 7th sister says something like "so it´s true: Darth Maul lives". They didn´t even know he was still around. Would she say so if he killed absolutely every colleague she had? how dumb can the Sith be, that they can´t figure out that every single agent they´ve been training is being killed by the same man and they are simply unable to react, to connect the dots, and find him? Unless we say Thrawn is the only Imperial in the entire galaxy with a couple of functioning neurons, it just doesn´t add up.

Don´t get me wrong, Maul facing Inquisitors is probably one on te most exciting aspects that can potentially be shown in the Dark Times era; but if it ever gets to be canon it must be done very carefully. If one wants Maul killing people left and right and looking cool at it, we have comics with him dealing with pirates and mercenaries in an almost ridiculously easy fashion; but with the Inquisitorius possibly being a really small and exclusive organization, we can´t pretend to have Maul killing like, many, many of them and suffer absolutely no repercussion whatsoever from the Sith for it.

22. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    We know who captured her. I mentioned a page or so back.

23. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Agreed makes no since

Ithorians likes this.
  24. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    I have no idea why people think the Inquisitors couldn't kill Jedi when that is literally what they exist to do in the databank and every single existing reference, just because we don't see it in the show. They obviously can...that's the entire purpose for their existence.

People need to separate fights on screen which are linear and thus subject to the demands of the plot, and the lore. And it doesn't matter what Ahsoka said about them in that, honestly kind of bad, book. She's a character. She has a bias. Her opinion as a character does not define the lore lol

podjazd, cwustudent and Ithorians like this.
  25. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Agreed I mean in star wars: uprising we are showing 4 jedi that died during the purge and they were killed by a inquisitor showing yes they can kill jedi

podjazd likes this.