main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    You know, I imagined that the GI turned not long after the Barris Offee incident, and was comissioned by the Emperor to continue recruiting for other future Inquisitors in a very inconspicuous manner. With this in mind, I do think the Grand Inquisitor is the First Brother, and probably 2nd, 3rd and 4th have more training and were already in the field by the time of Darth Vader #6. With this time gap, we should (hpefully) be seeing all of them in the next arcs...

Oh, and I completely agree about the Ninth Sister. She is a very peculiar character. It´s also interesting that she takes a leading role having one or most likely two outranking Inquisitors next to her. I wonder how much about the numbering system is just a formal ranking/naming, it apparently does get bend with the Inquisitor´s particular abilities taking precedence on determined situations...

Vialco, kalzeth and Jarrus like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible that the ranking system is just when they joined the inquistious. And not of their actually “rank” in the organization.

kalzeth likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think the Inquisitors ever lacked personality even on the cartoon, it was just they were under and poorly used as was Maul and even Vader. Its not really believable why the GI is given the task by Kallus(extended cut also inclues Vader)and not a lower ranking Inquisitor(s) nor why he was given standard Stormtroopers instead of an elite unit of soldiers by Rebels Season One. Of course we know half this crap wasnt invented yet.

Thus far they also appear to work in teams plus alongside Vader and group of elite soldiers even at such an early stage in their beginnings which is at odds with Filoni's commentary interpretations of them back in Season One & Two. Where basically they work alone or where they begrudgingly work together if in pairs, and seek to kill one another in typical Sith fashion.

In the toon the 5th, 7th and 8th just seemed highly competitive and wanted the typical favor of their masters. Meanwhile also in the comic The Grand Inquisitor opening expressed his disagreement & distaste for the way Vader was training the Inquisitors by maiming them in his own version of boot camp.

Inquisitors later lack their own Death Troopers, if they lack their prior elite Clone Paratrooper unit that all sport Inquisitor paint and deco aps. I do wonder if Cody is leading them but probably not.

With few reservations & exceptions, I do prefer Marvel's SW comics to the rest of SW canon so far.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Sith Iratus and kalzeth like this.
  4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    In the ROTS novelisation, that was kinda what Dooku wanted to do.

He believed he would be allowed by Palpatine to rebuild the Jedi Order according to his own vision after the Sith takeover.

PCCViking and kalzeth like this.
  5. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    That´s my theory too!! the Fifth Brother did pull rank on the Seventh Sister in Rebels, so there could be a little more to it than what we´ve seen so far...
    Perhaps at this point Vader still consider them in training? or perhaps Mon Cala was a special kind of mission, being commissioned directly by Palpatine and all. It´s still full of very interesting possibilities, with 3 of them interacting!

Indeed in Rebels they seemed quite unwilling to cooperate with each other; and, if I remember correctly, in the Ahsoka novel the Sixth Brother hurried to claim the Ahsoka sighting report for himself, worrying about interference from another Inquisitor...

Jarrus likes this.
  6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Perhaps its because at this point in the timeline Vader still cares about hunting and killing Jedi.

Closer to the OT era, he becomes more stable and calm, and no longer cares about investigating every possible sighting or report of Jedi activity.

This also fits with the fact that after he took care of Ahsoka, he no longer cared about Kanan and Ezra. The OT Vader no longer cares about killing every Jedi in the galaxy personally.

PCCViking likes this.
  7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Am curious how the Nightsister Jerserra fits since this character is now canon apparently and appears to be an Inquisitor's apprentice:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jerserra

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    FFG is not a primary source- anything it creates exists outside canon.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Which is a shame because I'm sure FFG would do so much more with the inquisitors, than Marvel and Rebels and the novels have. Just look at the character design of Jerserra for starters, she looks infinitely more original "Star Wars like" than any of the canon cartoony inquisitors.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Sith Iratus and kalzeth like this.
  10. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Is it just me, or that lightsaber looks huge on her? Is it supposed to be her master´s?

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The wook at least stated it is indeed canon. .

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wookieepidia can be edited by anyone.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    @Ithorians

The book states that it was a female Inquisitor that had found a then teenager Jerserra, during her own search for greater power.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  14. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I see, interesting indeed! I wonder if this is really non-canon at all, or if it´s meant to connect with canon nonetheless... if the later was the case, perhaps that Inquisitor could be 7th, 9th or someone we haven´t met yet (Second Sister does have a nice ring to it!)

It´s interesting that at least some Inquisitors (Grand, 7th) did try to recruit some of their targets, like they did with Ezra. The idea of an apprentice, I imagine, gives them direct control over another being; it could mean that there was no oficial limit to number or induction date for the Inquisitorius...

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Star Wars: Force and Destiny contains elements of both legend and Canon continuities to insure greater creative and gaming freedoms. I don't want to get caught up in a canon debate, but Wookiepedia as I said before stated that Ghosts of Dathomir is canon, so that is an actual source. That role playing game story and even the card game Star Wars: Destiny are canon. So if anything its best to send out the Canon signal to Pablo-Man as ask him as it could well be or not be official.

Anyhow, an unmasked Jerserra:

[​IMG]

kalzeth likes this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    wookiepedia isn't the final word on what is or isn't canon. That would be like citing a wikipedia page for a scholarly work.

cwustudent likes this.
  17. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Which is dumb. Everyone knows you just grab Wikipedia's citations if you want to cite something in a work.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Its not as bad you make it sound. Even Felicity Jones and Dave Filoni have stated they used Wookiepedia as a source.

19. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    That's the number one reason why I spent over 10 hours beefing up Mother Talzin's article.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    AV-6R7 and MrDarth0 like this.
  20. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    So, the new Inquisitor has been confirmed as the Tenth Brother! And he appears to be a miraluka, no less... this is a surprising revelation! it´s getting more and more intriguing, this shroud of mystery around 2nd, 3rd and 4th!!

Jarrus and kalzeth like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just want to know the reason behind them all being aliens. There has to be something there.

kalzeth likes this.
  22. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    They haven't found a Force Sensitive human.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Inquistor are likely all from the Jedi Order. On top of this the most prevalent species in the galaxy and not one of them is an Inquistor?

kalzeth likes this.
  24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe they're planning an equivalent to the Night of the Long Knives: manufacture an anti-Imperial conspiracy, equate all Force users with aliens, and crack down even further on non-humans? Basically, use another Order 66, this time on the Inquisitors.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  25. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Yup.