main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I am not sure, but maybe his survival is too confusing for new watchers. Not everyone knows he returned.

2. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Maul, I forgot about the really dead movie Maul per Lucas' real intention. Brought back by some of the fanboys. Lucas sold out there! You know he wasn't planning on Rebels let alone having Maul last until then. The Universe is a big place and plenty of room for more baddies than Maul.

3. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    All I can say is that from the looks of this new villain, he looks absolutely and utterly bad ass!!!

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002

Ventress was called a Sith, too.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    called != is. And Ahsoka might have meant that Ventress is an assassin for the Sith, not an assassin who is a Sith.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Ahsoka like all of the Jedi thought that Dooku was the reigning Dark Lord of the Sith - the master of the Sith Master-Apprentice duo. They didn't know about Palpatine / Sidious, or that Dooku was actually the apprentice. So from what they knew it would be logical to assume that Ventress was the Sith apprentice, since it was obvious she was some kinda student or apprentice of Dooku's. That's where Ahsoka was coming from when she called Ventress a Sith - the Jedi assumption that she was the Sith apprentice to Tyrannus, the supposed Sith master of the time.

Hail_Pizza and darklordoftech like this.
  7. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    By all appearances, they'll be quite in line with the EU this time around. If for no other reason, simply the Inquisitor's very existence lends evidence to that, since that concept alone would be utterly alien to movie-only viewers. So with that said, yes on the Force-users—the new Inquisitor already appears to have yellow dark side eyes—and yes, there should be more.

The Inquisitorious operates as a sort special branch of Imperial Intelligence. Whether Vader may be involved in some of their tasking or that's more just a part of the hype, their loyalty is to the Emperor first and foremost. And by this time, Palpatine's much less concerned about the Rule of Two than he is the Rule of One: him, ruling supreme, commander of an army of specialized dark side-using enforcers, hunters, and killers all loyal to him. He only seems to nominally come back around to the Rule of Two when someone like Dooku or Vader (in the case of Starkiller) starts bringing new pieces to the board that he can't personally control.

Let's hope he really is!

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It's possible that the Rule of Two was ditched in between ROTS and Rebels.

9. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I wish, but I bet not. Now that Lucas is not in charge we could see it ignored or explained away as a failure.

10. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    The rule of two was ditched in TCW.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  12. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Or at least the writers found a way around it.

Darth Eddie likes this.
  13. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    and he's a rip-off of Maul :(

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Way I see it, the rule of two refers only to people named Darth. The Darths play around with various dark side minions like ventress, who know Sith ways and such, but who are not totally in the loop.

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

This might be good though. The heroes are the Rebels. Which means, they have to survive most encounters. Which means, Vader has to lose. And given what they did to Grievous, Dooku and Ventress, it may be better to have Vader taking a less active role until absolutely necessary- sort of like when we finally got Sidious cutting loose. It'll make Vader's scenes that more impressive and it preserves his status as the big bad. Let the Inquisitor be the failure instead of Vader.

Hail_Pizza and Darth_Pevra like this.
  16. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Well thats what the fanboys want Maul, Maul, Maul. So they came up with something similar a Pau'an. Reminds me more of Asajj Ventress
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pau'an

purplerain likes this.
  17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

IMO there was no point in the Rule of Two at all if this is all that it meant. Lucas has explained that the Rule of Two was meant to limit the infighting among the Sith that was prevalent and instrumental in the Sith's fall from power. For the rule to be as shallow as "there can only be two Darth so-and-so's at any given time, but there can be infinite 'assassins,' ' inquisitors,' 'Dark Jedi,' etc." doesn't solve anything, whereas if there can only be two Sith and said Sith destroy all others that they perceive to be a threat (Jedi, Dark Jedi, etc.) which is the way I understood it, then that does help to limit infighting.

Hence I hope they differentiate the Inquisitor from someone like Vader. E.G. if he's receiving different training, or if Vader as a Sith views the Emperor as someone he's meant to usurp while the Inquisitor views the Emperor as a demigod to be served without question, etc.

Don't just make him like Vader or Maul but then give him another title.

I think the implication in ROTJ is that the Rule of Two never went out the window. There were still only two Sith (Palpatine and Vader), and when Palpatine made his final attempt to turn Luke, it would have involved Luke killing Vader and taking his place. Why would Vader have to die if "inquisitors" are running around under the Emperor's control. I would think that their ideologies would have to be different, such that a replaced Vader would be a threat, while an inquisitor would not be.

18. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    The rule of two is overrated.

19. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I am very excited about this. For as long as I've known about this new series, I've wanted Vader to be used sparingly to the point that seeing him would make for an episode that is memorable. In the Clone Wars, we only ever saw Sidious using his sabre(s) once -- and that was a treat! Yes, keep Vader out of the picture most of the time. Let the Inquisitors handle the Jedi for now.

A very good reason for using the Inquisitor organisation instead of Vader is that Vader can't die, and having him be defeated would cheapen his reputation in-universe and our perception of him as a character. And a character who can't be defeated doesn't create tension or excitement -- there's nothing at stake. If he can't be defeated, we know the other person runs or gets killed. Remember the Ahsoka vs Grievous moments in TCW? Did anyone feel anything from those encounters? Didn't do anything for me.

As for what makes a Sith... I'd say that anyone that follows the Sith code can rightfully call themselves Sith -- but not a true Sith. Following the Rule of Two in this era makes one a true Sith. If Maul had defeated Palpatine, he'd be the rightful Dark Lord. But the Inquisitors in the current canon aren't. They are force-sensitive agents and assassins, nothing more. The most elite in the Emperor's service outside of the Royal guard. And most were former Jedi. I wonder if this one was a Jedi in his past life. [face_thinking]

Just my thoughts on the matter.

20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The ROT never prevented infighting. It is a rule and in the Sith-universe rules are there to be broken. Heck, even the movies are full of Sith-infighting.

Hail_Pizza, Darth Eddie and Hansa like this.
  21. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    /\Going along with that from a writer's standpoint, the extraneous or non-Darth Sith are probably thrown into the mix in order to show the inevitable infighting.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Worth noting, Sith Acolytes appeared in The Force Unleashed, too (the sequel) - so I'm not surprised Inquisitorius were brought into Rebels. Probably one of the most mysterious parts of the EU and adds another layer to Darth Vader's Sith training/work. Was quite nervous about Rebels at first; thought it would butcher the build up to the OT era, but I think they're getting it right.

Plus, I don't want too much Vader fan service; keep off screen until he is *really* needed and, then, let turn up and clean house :D

Hail_Pizza likes this.
  23. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    The Inquisitor.. a Maul ripoff?

I would think him being a Son-ripoff was way more obvious. Like DUH way more obvious.

Dinos4Ever and Hail_Pizza like this.
  24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Maul was/is a Sith Apprentice, not a member of the force sensitive Imperial Intelligence (Inquisitorius). Rebels has the opportunity to explore ancient Sith mythology and how its old sects/institutions were brought back under Sidious.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

He is a Pau'an. It has been confirmed now, but he all the visual signs of the species - rigded face like Tion Medon, the vile teeth like Medon, the earmuffs that most Ancients have and the red markings that go around his eyes and down his cheeks.

I am happy it is not Maul. A Maul ripoff?! How!? One must understand that with a lore as giant as Star Wars's, things might start to overlap one another. Especially after the company focuses time and again on the same characters.

Like many things about the Sith, this rule is flawed to no end. It is even not a rule, but more of a guideline with many loopholes.

As longs as you do not call your servants "Apprentice" then all is fine. That is how Dooku got away with it and Sidious got away with breaking "rule" by using different titles like "Inquisitor" or "Hand".

Seeing how many say it is a Son ripoff, why is he!? That is like saying Ventress is an Aurra Sing ripoff cause both are force-sensitive and have pale skin.

Also, you would be closer to the true meaning of ripoff if you compare Nossor Ri to the awesome Tikkes.

But in all fairness, they should have made him bright pink... an eyesore of the highest degree. Then everybody will ask "Why pink?", but nobody will compare him to the Son.

Gamiel and Darth_Pevra like this.