main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Hahahahahahaha!

You know what Disney will do when market research tells them people want to see Vader kick some Jedi ass (pretty much every person on the planet)? They'll have him kick some Jedi ass, no matter what Lucas thinks. And it will be in modern action movie style.

I can't believe how after an entire year people still think everything will stay as it ever was. The "status quo" is dead! It is dead and buried and the worms are already feeding on it. Our precious preconceptions on how SW is supposed to be are worthless.

VanishingReality likes this.
  2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Vader can loose potential and still kick Jedi ***.

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Disney purchased Star Wars.

They didn't purchase it to completely change what it was - they'd have just created their own IP if that was the case.

There are definitely changes to come, but SW will still be the SW we all know and love.

Darkslayer and purplerain like this.
  4. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Vader was originally regarded as the ultimate badass by most.

Then Lucas came around with his revisionism crap to explain the stylistic differences between OT and PT and because he thinks Anakin should be as pathetic as possible.

Now Disney bought the franchise. They'll go back to Vaders roots as a villain, remake him into the badass he should be. Because that is the character that is universally beloved, not some gimp who can't even use his saber.

@ purplerain

Claiming Vader is lesser than Dooku or Obi-Wan is like saying Magneto is weaker than the toad. Ludicrous.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed.

And, I hope Rebels gets plenty of that on the side.

07jonesj and Darth_Pevra like this.
  6. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Vader won't be running into either of them during the Dark Times, so it won't make a difference unless they're mentioned.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Anakin can be pretty badass at times. If you judge his character solely by the romance content, then you're not looking at the character as a whole, only one aspect of him.

Personally, I like the way Anakin was handled. He was headstrong, and his anger could occasionally get the better of him, but usually in circumstances that were understandable. It would have made little sense for him to have been born an evil badass.

I didn't like seeing him as a 10-year old Jake Lloyd because why would I ever want to see 10-year old Vader, but other than that I like the multifaceted approach they took to his character. He goes on a journey, and his character develops.

8. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I'm already curious how the continuity nuts will deal with it if Vader is shown thrashing some Jedi master around with saltos and force lightning and whatever over the top attacks the CG-department of LFL can think of.

This "he was gimped at mustafar" theory will be the first thing to be flushed down the toilet. Good riddance!

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, I'd hate that because Vader would short-circuit his suit and kill himself if he were to do that. Just like I hated Force Unleashed 2 for thinking Vader could get blasted with millions of volts of electricity and live when a little bit of Lightning clearly kills him in Return of the Jedi.

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    See, that's also EU-stuff. EU-stuff is mostly irrelevant.

If they want Vader throw lightning they can easily do it. Machines are no more likelier damaged by electricity than human tissue. The does he received in ROTJ was clearly exceptionally high due to the glowing bones that were shown.

This is why I used that very example. Many things that we think as "fact" solely from fanon and EU are called into question.

V-2 and VanishingReality like this.
  11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    [​IMG]
    Kinetite = FTW!!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  12. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Then how did he die in ROTJ?

07jonesj likes this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Which is basically cop-out force lightning!

Anakin was incapacitated by one lightning bolt and that wasn't shown as powerful as the one that hit Vader (glowing bones). You should rethink your logic.

14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    So are you anti-PT and anti-EU? That doesn't leave much left...

I'm not going to continue this dialogue because I fundamentally disagree with you and I doubt either of us are going to be moved even an inch by the other. Still pretty amazing that there can be fans of the same franchise with such different views though.

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I like the OT, I like the crazy universe of fanfiction with all its horrible tales and good tales and I like the EU much more than I like the EU-fans obsession about canonicity. I view the EU as an all I can eat buffet.

V-2 likes this.
  16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Honestly, I'm not obsessed with maintaining canon. Some things really aren't very good and I don't believe everything gels.

The Death Star plans were apparently split up into nineteen pieces and all retrieved by different rebel heroes. Yoda apparently set up a gas stop on Dagobah as he had visitors every couple of months.

I just don't think things should be overwritten unless you have a very good reason for it. If you can easily tell your story using an original character or by using slightly more effort, then I think that's lazy and unnecessary.

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Now, you can understand my eye roll when the Emperor's-lightning first shorted-out his suit all those years ago.:p

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Palpatine has "cop-out" lightning? Uhh... no. Dooku's wimpy lightning was the one that didn't belong in the first place. :p

19. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Pevra was talking about Vader in Splinter of the Mind's eye, not Palpatine.

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye is really early EU though. Hell, Leia dies in that novel. It does feature the Kaiburr crystal though!

Is it even still considered canon?

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Oops! Thanks.

Darth_Pevra and purplerain like this.
  22. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    "helped the Empire hunt down...." Helped.

Vader killed tons of Jedi in ROTS. We only got to see a tiny bit of that in the security footage. PURGE and other stories have shown him killing more, too. He doesn't need to be doing the same throughout Rebels, especially 5 years before ANH--Obi-Wan's been in exile, so when he tells Luke about Vader hunting down Jedi, it's probably not something he was still hearing much about thru the grapevine a mere 5 years earlier.

By that point, most of the remaining Jedi are probably as entrenched in their new lives as Obi-Wan and Yoda, and nigh impossible to find (tens of thousands of worlds, possibly millions/billions of inhabitants on each one, etc--space is BIG and Imperial rule isn't nearly so absolute as some make it out to be), so Vader wouldn't devote much time to that--so he delegates it out to zealots like the Inquisitor, who may turn up some of the few remaining Jedi who're still clinging to their old lives in some regard. The only Jedi Vader's likely interested in finding are the only two he must not find: Obi-Wan & Yoda.

And the EU already did a great job explaining away Palpatine's diminished interest in finding Jedi leftovers, which I hope is acknowledged somewhat. A single Jedi is nothing--aside from maybe Yoda. The fact that the order was destroyed is the more important element... it put fear into the hearts of the Jedi who survived, fear that will keep most of them from meddling with the Emperor's plans, and if they do turn up--well, he's got the entire Imperial military, plus Vader, plus any other acolytes, plus his own skills to squash them with. They're not important, and maybe, after over a decade of Imperial rule, he was able to convince Vader of that...leading to Vader delegating out the task to others.

23. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    The Inquistor needs to inquire about Crest Whitestrips. I thought the dark side came with a free dental plan.

24. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Maul and post-Windu Sidious beg to differ.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I love how we haven't even seen a single frame of footage yet and people are already dismissing the Inquisitor as "some gimp who can't even use his saber".

Gamiel likes this.