main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Expected that it would be Barriss or expected that I would analyze the heck out of the three shots we have and make a post explaining why it's Barriss? :p

2. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I doubt Barriss would need to resort to a spinny saber. She was trained properly.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Bariss only adopted the mask from Ventress to use against Ashoka to also hide her identity in case she made it out alive, it was never a part of her get up. The first Inquisitor also sported a battle helmet/mask:

[​IMG]

The other male Inquisitor also sports a helmet but doesn't appear to have a face plate just extends a surrounds his ears and jaw. For all we know the female takes her helmet off and is normal underneath and could be a agent undercover at some point to infiltrate the rebel cells, or maybe she's a cyborg. I don't immediately see a connection to Bariss to what appears to be just another Sith Acolyte foot soldier and one under the Pau'an.

It also would not explain the Nightsister witch style helmet design. Sith, Imperials wearing masks or bounty hunters is pretty standardized SW designs for years. I don't see that as green skin but just lighting and reflection off the face mask,or could be a whitish skin color also reflecting light. The round house kicks are pretty common Jedi/Sith fighting styles on TCW and Rebels.

4. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    They seem like they're standard-issue, though.

A lot of why I'm so sure that it's Barriss is because of how Filoni answered my question about her at the Untold Clone Wars panel.

5. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012

What is "Both" for 500?

Kablob likes this.
  6. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Have we determined the male Inquisitor's species yet?
    [​IMG]

Because I think our male Inquisitor might be a Karkarodon:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    He is not a Karkaradon, only similarity is the pointy teeth and even that is pushing it. This Inquisitor's look is triggering a memory for me but I can't quite place it. I'm thinking old, unused concept art from the original trilogy that may have been the basis for a comic book character at some point? They have been using old concept art a lot in Rebels already.

8. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I really can't place it. Maybe it's a new one?

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Blackhole/Shadowspawn?
    [​IMG]
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cronal

Jedi Knight Fett and kevmp like this.
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

If that's true, then the new canon is basically turning the Emperor's Hands into Inquisitors.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The oldcanon was sort of doing that, back in Book of Sith - the Emperor's section of the book discussed his plans - and one of them was basically "take my best Inquisitors, and promote them - call them Emperor's Hands".

12. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Yes that head piece, very much like Shadowspawn/Blackhole/Cronal

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So who thinks Filoni is horrible at hiding stuff.

14. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't know if he is horrible at hiding stuff, I think he tried to play it coy and ends up giving it away through his responses. We have seen him talk and be interviewed so much at this point, he has the same tells. He would be a pretty bad poker player IMO.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  15. Erik327

Erik327 Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2015
    The female inquisitor could very well be Ventress. I went to the Star Wars Rebels Design Class with Kilian Plunkett, Amy Beth Christenson and Chris Glenn at Star Wars Celebration and they showed a slide entitled, 'Rebels' maquettes. In the slide picture the panel confirmed that the maquette in the upper left hand corner of the slide was Asajj Ventress. So if they went through the trouble of creating a maquette for her then someone needed it for modeling the character. Whether they use her or not is a different story.

16. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Who I would like the female Inqy to be.....Bariss (I fully see Sheev using dark side mojo to twist her up even more....possibly even using the process as a test and having Vader do it), Zare's sister (just form the stand point of this is what the Empire does to find new Inquisitors), or Lumiya (that is one I would not mind seeing cherry picked form the Legends/EU).

Who I don't want....Ventress (she may not have gone into the light...but she chose to have a future), Mara (no....just no).

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Iron_lord like this.
  17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Well, Ventress's ship is supposed to be in Rebels now...

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The old canon introduced Inquisitors before it introduced Emperor's Hands. Maybe story group felt that Emperor's Hands are redundant.

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    rumsmuggler and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  21. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012

He's doing it intentionally IMHO.

22. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Yeah, but he also said that the one in Rebels doesn't belong to Ventress.

No way the Inquisitor is Ventress, they're not going to take her character back to square one.

I think the other Inquisitor is a new species. I can't place him as anything else.

23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Indeed, and I'd like to see some of the dignitaries questioning a captured Jedi, perhaps Sim Aloo, Ars Dangor, and maybe even Mas Amedda.

darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    ...so which Inquisitor was it that executed Luminara?

25. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm flashing back to the meme someone did not long ago.