main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    It was not incorrect at the time it was written is what I am saying. Retconning to fix it later, after Lucas changed his mind or went another way officially with the PT movies thus altering preexisting "canon" many years later is not the same thing. If you read the early drafts or supplementary sources at the time the movies came out and after prior to the PT, there is major differences. Even in an early draft of ESB Lando was a clone and came from a long line of clones.

TFU were canon sequels under George Lucas at the time, and the idea of Clone force users and unstable clones was canonized.

2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    They could have Vader essentially take a more direct leadership role now. Or one of these two new ones gets a promotion at some point.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I've looked up the legends versions of Grand Inquisitor's on wookiepedia and it appears when one died they were replaced with another therefore I'd assume the same applies for canon

4. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    First of all, Inky in S1 pretty easily overpowered Kanan EVERY time that they fought before the finale. And the only reason why he lost in said finale was because:

-Kanan thought that Ezra had died and just basically said "to heck with it."
    -He got overconfident, a flaw that LOTS of Darksiders suffer from (including Sheev himself).

And second, being the leader doesn't automatically mean that you are the PHYSICALLY strongest. There are other factors involved. Heck Tarkin was ordering Vader around, but I don't think that anyone would seriously argue that he could take Vader in a fight.

PCCViking likes this.
  5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Also, the new Inquisitors may have tricks that could throw Kanan and Ezra off-guard...different fighting styles or other abilities that Lucius Malfoy Inquisitor didn't have (I'll just refer to him as that from now on. :p ).

Darth Dnej likes this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    But Inky wasn't even impressive as a tactician. He talked like way too much. What did the guy do that is impressive? If that's a grand inquisitor, it is a pretty poor one.

Davak24 likes this.
  7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    :)

Yeah, but you know, I think it's high time Lucasfilm delivers on the Pau'an Inquisitor's real, LSG-approved name.

If there were only ever to be one Inquisitor in the Empire, it may have made a modicum of sense to just refer to him as "the Inquisitor." But since the secret's out, and all the world now understands that here was always more than one Inquisitor running around the Empire at any given time, are we to believe that they all (however many of them there actually are) just go by "the Inquisitor"?

In one sense, that might be cool in a "We have no individuality; we serve no other master than -- and put nothing ahead of our duty to -- the Emperor (not even any delusions about any sense of personal identity)" kind of way.

On the other hand, if one were to meet the Season 2 Inquisitors together, would they both introduce themselves as "the Inquisitor"? That seems rather queer, yeah? :confused:

Has Filoni (or anyone else involved in the production) gone into any detail on this yet?

Darth Dnej, podjazd and PCCViking like this.
  8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe they lose their real name and any former individual identity once they're inducted into the program and become an Inquisitor. Although it must be confusing talking to someone as Inquisitor only, especially among even themselves. [face_cowboy]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Sounds about right. :D

----------

I still wonder about the Pau'an's former identity, though. I mean, he must have had a name at some point.

More, I want to learn about what his life was like prior to hooking up with the Empire. We know per Filoni (and just plain common sense, I'd think) that some former Jedi were converted to the Inquisitorious, but as far as I know, we haven't any reason to believe that the Pau'an was a member of the Order (unless I'm forgetting something?).

I wonder how he was recruited? And what his formal induction process was like?

----------

For that matter, I'm still curious what any (canonical) traditional, formal procedure was supposed to be like for the Jedi when they made someone a Knight? We see Yoda confer the title onto Obi-Wan, but Kenobi's circumstances were not the norm for that time. The same with Luke becoming a Jedi.

You'd think that a Knighting Ceremony might be something George Lucas would have bothered to show us (and Anakin's would have made the most sense, given the story of the Saga). But that's neither here, nor there.

10. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Perhaps they weren't too hesitant to kill The Inquisitor off because they plan to release something in the future showing his backstory. Maybe that's Disney's plan: Introduce new characters, kill 'em off, make a comic series down the road that tells their story. That might explain why they pumped the character so much only to apparently do away with him. Of course the cynic in me thinks they just pumped out the merch for all the money...[face_batting]

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Its been confirmed by Filoni so its not a rumor.

12. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Impressive? Not much of anything. It's not the Inquisitor's job to be impressive. I disagree though, that he wasn't a good tactician. Every time he came on the scene he wrecked their world. He successfully lured them into a trap that they barely escaped, and the only way they could get away from him the second time was Ezra tapping into the dark side and awakening a gigantic monster. Now, its unclear just why Kanan was able to defeat him in the final fight. I guess it was a combination of throwing the Inquisitor off with the stun gun saber and sheer luck. And the Force. But I don't believe personally that it reflected bad on the Inquisitor and his abilities. Can't win 'em all.

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Problem with all these Imperial big shot characters the heroes all escape their elaborate traps like James Bond, and the villains all talk two much where it becomes sorta Austin Powers-like parody of a Bond movie. I think it would've been interesting if say, Sabine died at the opening of season two, or been a coma and out half the season two add some depth, or Kanan lost his arm or Ezra was blinded in one eye by the Inquisitor at the end of Season 1.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Inky should have just killed Kanan instead of playing around so much. He loved the sound of his one voice, so he blathered on while this gave the heroes the precious time to find a means to escape.

15. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Well, there is a reason he ultimately kept them alive. Once Tarkin showed up it was all about the bigger picture, trying to figure out how to get to the other Rebel cells, and they suspected that the cells were being led by a Jedi. Before that though, yes, the Inquisitor talks too much. He's a sadist. He wants to torture and play with his victims before they are killed.

16. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Again, Sheev couldn't shut the heck up during the "Throne Room" scene during ROTJ. And even Vader and Dooku did it during their fights (although not quite as much). That's another flaw in Darksiders, they tend to suffer from "monologuing villain syndrome."

17. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Except for Darth Maul. He was the Calvin Coolidge of Sith. :p

cwustudent and rumsmuggler like this.
  18. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    It's interesting. In the S1 finale, Ezra specifically says "AN Inquisitor," not "THE Inquisitor." And when he sees Vader, he asks Kanan if he's "another Inquisitor." So it seems like Kanan and Ezra might already know that there's more than one Inquisitor. I wonder where they learned that?

19. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    True, that's why I mentioned "tend to" suffer. There are always exceptions.

20. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    How to kill an Inquisitor in under 10 seconds.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Which I found a very interesting part of his character that he never really talks in duals.

22. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

He lets his lightsaber do the talking. ;)

rumsmuggler and Vorax like this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Vader's talking served a purpose. In ANH he bought time which was an advantage for him, because it put Kenobi in an unwinnable situation. And yea, I don't need to explain why he talked in TESB and ROTJ, I think.

But I give you Sheevy boy. That's just one more reason why he isn't the greatest villain of Star Wars.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    In TPM.

Of course, all that changed for Maul in TCW, where he became just as talky as any other baddie. Maul was apparently so obsessed with getting his revenge on Kenobi that he just couldn't help himself.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He does not talk as much though.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.