main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Insert-Clever-Title-Here" Fan Fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Wormy, Dec 19, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Great story. Post more.

2. Wormy

Wormy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 1999
    Thanks, u guys! This is just a quickie, so u know I'm stil alive. It's not I have no ideas, just no time! I hope to have some time soon to write a lot. Until then, enjoy!

Go home, get some sleep, have a drink. Everyone had advice for me, everyone wanted me to remain calm. That's what a Jedi does. They're calm, in control, they don't hafta worry about anything. They shouldn't, at least. But none of these people had just dragged the dead body of a fellow Jedi out of the shadows of a dark, wet alley in the middle of the night. I can't say what drew me there. The Force, I guess. That's why we do everything, right? I sat down, my body still shaking from the thought... He was so dead. It smelt so bad, the bugs and scavengers had already gotten to him. Master Windu wanted to know what I was doing in an alley at that time of the night, and I didn't know. It was like a dream.

Maybe I was channeling the Force's will... I guess that makes it easier. All I know is that it's not safe here, anymore. It's not safe, for a Jedi, anyway. I sighed, and stood up, feeling very dizzy, a violet fog passing over my eyes until I lay my hand on my forehead and kept walking. Eventually they left, and I found myself in the refresher unit. I splashed cold water on my pale face and tied my shoulder length blond hair back. My lower lip quivered, as the smell of decay came back to me, and I gagged. I took some more water in my right hand and sipped it, swishing the mouthful around for a while, then spitting the bitter taste out of my mouth.

I leaned with both hands, my whole weight on the basin of the sink. I shook a bit, and felt very cold, even though it was warm in my room. I was dressed in my most comfortable clothes, in an attempt to try and relax. I rubbed my bare arms and stepped out of the white tiled refresher unit into my room. I walked the few steps to my white-sheeted bed and crawled in, wrapping myself in the comforter. I rocked back and forth a bit, hugging my knees to my chest. Why me? And why can't I overcome this?

One thought kept repeating in my mind: Obi-Wan could. He could do anything. In my mind, anyway. But he's gone, so I hafta be strong and face this.. Alone. I took a deep breath, calming myself with some help f the Force. I threw off the coverings and leapt to my dresser, pulling out a pair of khaki pants and a matching top. I threw on my boots, and grabbed my cloak, hurrying out the door. I combed my hair with my fingers as I rushed down the long, bright hallway. I tied it back once more, and slowed down a bit, gathering my nerves.

Suddenly, this gut-wreching feeling, like someone had actually reached into my chest and seized my heart, came over me. I felt such pain, then, a loss. An emptiness where it had forever before that been filled. Filled with... No. It couldn't be. I stared at the wall, in blank horror, when I heard running footsteps and a voice cried:

"Marianne! Quick! Something horrible has happened!!"

3. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow, nearly got me confused for a second. But now it makes sense, and it's great!

4. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Whoa, GREAT story I want more!

5. Tionne

Tionne Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 1999
    GOOD!!

*L* Not much happens, but I like it!! Tis nice to see a familiar face, I have to say.. *g*

Sorry, no really constructive comments at this time.. Tho u'll understand, I hope-- exams at this stage are a total irritant and right now I can hardly think straight anymore!!

Post more soon, however. I love to read this!!

-T

6. Wormy

Feb 12, 1999
    I'm baaaaaack! Thanks to all for the nice comments, i hope ya like the next part! I do have, er, problems writing Jar Jar... *sighs* Seems no one can be quite as anoying as he is. Have fun!

Jenna awoke slowly, at first, briefly wondering why the sunlight hadn't awoken her. She glanced at the chronometer on the wall, the bright green numbers told her it was well past noon, but there was no light except the glowing numbers in the room. She touched the panel beside her bed to turn on the light, and suddenly remembered. As she leaned over the head of her bed, she faced a large window at the ends of her quarters... And watched as a school of fish swam past. She glanced around the warm room, breathing in the moist air slowly. The quarters were small, big enough only for her bunk, over sized for her though it may be, a dresser, and a small refresher room through another door opposite her. The entire room was shades of brown, sometimes mixed with tan and red, the colors were altogether comforting and welcoming, she decided, and leaned back again.

The door hissed open, and she glanced over her sheets to see who had entered. A smile grew on her pale face as she watched as Obi-Wan entered, carrying a steaming mug of liquid. He grinned back and walked the few steps to stand beside her bed. She began to sit up straight, propping herself up on her elbows.

"Don't bother getting up." He told her, grinning wider, "You'll be back in bed before too long." He handed her the mug filled, she now saw, with stim tea.

She took the cup laughing a bit. "You're a dirty old man." She said, sipping the tea.

He chuckled and sat on the edge of the wide bunk, taking the hand she wasn't holding the mug with. Warming it a bit, studying the floor, he waited as she got some substance into her stomach before she asked, "How long was I asleep?"

"About a day, a bit more. You went into a healing trance." He informed her, like she didn't know, and brushed back a few locks of her dark brown hair, revealing her once cut and bleeding forehead. All remaining was a light pink scar that wouldn't even show in a day or two.

She set the half-empty mug in the small alcove right above her head and took his hand where it strayed, cupping the right side of her face. His eyes met hers as she held his hand. He sighed a bit.

"I was worried." He said, taking a breath, "I didn't know... I couldn't help you. I've never been..."

"I'm a Jedi." She stated softly, "So are you. We can take care of ourselves. No need to worry. How is the Queen?"

"Fine, fine. She's not too far away... And she's been trying to get me to tell her about... Us." He finished weakly, looking away and getting up. "Maybe you should see her."

Jenna stood as well, feeling dizzy, a wave of blackish purple passed before her eyes. She reached up to her forehead and Obi-Wan held her as the dizzy spell passed. Her vision cleared, and she looked straight into his eyes, not blinking. He smiled, and moved closer. As they kissed, Jenna wondered if she should tell him right away about the old woman, but soon decided that it could wait.

"What's wrong?" She asked him, running her graceful fingers through his hair.

"Nothing, it's nothing. I'm just happy you're back. I'm also thinking you should wear stuff like that more." He waved a hand at her short, torn clothes.

She shook her head a bit, and shooed him out of the room. Turning to the small couch across and down a bit from the bed, she saw her bag. She grabbed some clothes, and her belt, which had been thrown down next to the duffel. As she straightened, she realized she had never seen a... What were these species called? Gungan, that was it. Her first encounter had been the one driving the sub they had come down in, and she had only seen him in the dark, half asleep from exhaustion. They must be tall. She decided, looking up at the high ceilings, perhaps eight or more feet high. She herself was only five-foot-something, so they seemed impossibly high to her. I guess I'll find out soon.

She emerged from her room into a long hallway.

7. Droideka21

Droideka21 Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 1999
    *lol* This is great, Wormy! Keep writing; we must know what happens!

(Here are some *ahem* suggestions: Haeka and Jar Jar need a romantic scene; I'm not sure we can trust this "Dorothee" character so just kill her off; and TELL US WHAT HAPPENED TO JENNA!) Well, maybe not all these things need to happen, but it sure would be funny, wouldn't it?

Adios for now!

8. Wormy

Feb 12, 1999
    *lmao* I don't have the next part, so soon.. but I had to write back to Droideka . For one, I think a Jar Jar luv scene would cause everyone to go into convulsions and vomit on themsleves (and I KNOW it would make me puke). and another is that Dorothée is gona be a standing c. sorry.

[This message has been edited by Wormy (edited 01-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wormy (edited 01-22-2000).]

9. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    Wormy, when are you going to write more?

10. Wormy

Feb 12, 1999
    U guys r sooo weird! Anyhoo, here's the next part. Sory it took so long, but I was sick, and I didn't feel like writing, then I had HW, etc. So, I hope u haven't given up hope on me, yet!

Finally, a Jedi worth my time. The rest were so weak, so pitiful. So easy. He would be a challenge, I knew. He would not be a waste of time. He would be a step towards Kenobi. Once I was strong, I could take him. That's what Sidious told me. I had to be strong to take Kenobi on, that was the only reason I had to spare the time to rid the galaxy of those pathetic, whining Jedi. I didn't believe him. I'm strong enough. He wants to use me, which is fine, for now. As long as I get my revenge, soon.

But this one, this notch on my belt would be... Fun. I had, of course, masked my prescience. He couldn't even tell. I watched as he tried to cover up what had happened, my latest victim. Such a fool. He won't even see it coming. I'll have to give him some warning, of course. Otherwise, it will be too easy. The paramedic droids fly off in their van, carrying the body. And he stays behind. But why? He can't sense me, that's impossible.

His dark form lingers around where I had carefully placed the body, so he would find it. I had allowed the late Jedi just enough time to get a Force-cry out before I had killed her. I had practically lead him here by the hand, and yet, he stayed. He must know. He's not stupid.

As I stand to my full height, black against black, and silently unclip my lightsaber, I prepare myself. I take the long silver hilt in my right hand, and step forward, my boot clicking on the hard wet surface of the roof I am on. His face bolts up, showing white in the almost total darkness of the street.

I leap from the rooftop, landing in a crouch position on the ground, straightening immediately, before he can act. I light my crimson lightsaber, and stand in an attack pose, ready to face him.

"So," he says, "we meet at last."

"Ah, Master Windu, I'm sad to learn that you've forgotten me, already."

I see his eyes widen again, framing the dark brown center in white. Good. He's confused, that gives me more time to act. I slash forward, stepping at the same time, cutting the distance between us in half. He takes a right, spinning and arcing down with his blue blade at mine, and I cut up to meet him. He stands now, defensively, he will try and fend me off, make me tired, and use my size against me. I know all of his tricks. I was a Jedi. And I know how to beat one. But not yet. This will be interesting.

For an old man, he's quick, and we parry back and forth a few times before I see him begin to breathe heavily, and feel him use the Force to try and calm himself. We don't talk, I was expecting talking, but I don't mind. I take this moment to gather energy around me. In a blinding burst of speed, I rush towards him, lightsaber raised. I slice downwards, towards his midsection, and he jumps back, casting by blow a bit off to the left. But not far enough. He stumbles, and falls to the soggy ground. I recover, and stand above him. I laugh, more for effect than feeling, and raise my lightsaber once more for the final blow.

At that moment, he sweeps his left foot under my own, throwing me off my feet, and calls his cast aside saber to his hand. It lights at once, and he holds it above me. I don't even bother to move, lifting my right hand, and holding it out towards him. He looks confused, at this obvious gesture of peace, as I use that moment of uncertainty to gather the Force around me. I take a breath, and focus the Dark power around him, and my hand. He is lifted off the ground, a few inches, and begins to choke, as I tighten my invisible grasp on his neck. Windu grabs at his neck, tries to calm himself to gather the Force, but to no avail. As his eyelids begin to droop, the lightsaber falls from his hand unlit, clattering on the dingy city street.

I drop the limp body, and it falls to the ground with a sickening thud... Even as it lands, though, there is a slight ripple in the Force, and then, it disappears, leaving

11. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    Woo-Who!!!!! I post!

12. Droideka21

Nov 20, 1999
    Great post! I love this story!

...But Mace Windu was so cool! *sniffle* Next time you should just suppress the urge to kill nice Jedi Council members. Hmmm...We could do without Yaddle. You can get rid of her if you want. Oooh, but wouldn't that Dorothée make a nice tremor in the Force? heh heh heh

Just kidding, of course. <ahem> Keep up the great posts! Wow, we're onto two pages already! See ya!

13. Wormy

Feb 12, 1999
    *sniff* Two pages!!! YAAY! Ya'll make me feel soooo luved! Thanx so much for reading and posting and all... I hope u like the next part... cuz I've been trying ot post forever, but my conection kept screwing up. Anyhoo, enjoy and MTFBWU!

It can't be... It justcan't be!Jenna felt as the tall, warm forms of the Gungans crowded around her, they smelt of salt and moisture. She felt like gagging. They asked her in their quasi-Basic what was wrong, but she couldn't answer, and one or two of them helped her up with strong arms. They sat her on the couch nearby, she slumped in it, arms dangling and her head drooped. She felt them draw back, giving her some relatively fresh, recycled air. Hot salty tears dropped from her eyes, down her cheeks and onto the thickly carpeted floor. She felt as the couch depressed beside her, and Obi-Wan wrapped his arms around her, resting her head on his shoulder as he waited for her to be ready to speak.

The other one of Amidala's handmaidens, Aurora, pushed through the crowd, and frowned at him.

"What's the matter?" She asked, her eyes filled with worry, face set in a frown. "We heard a scream and..."

"Nothing's the matter, Aurora. Just go back to your cabin." He dismissed her, forcing a small grin on his face, while a knot formed in hi stomach.

"But..."

"Just go, please." He told her, then looked up to the rest of the group, "All of you. I'll explain later."

Aurora nodded her thick red curls, and shooed the Gungans away as she made her way back to the queen.

Jenna poked her head up, glancing around the large dome to make sure no one was nearby before she stated, "you felt it too."

"Of course." He whispered, swallowing the lump in his throat, "Now tell me it isn't what I think it is."

She looked up at him, sniffing, her hazel eyes lined with red.

"Jenna, please tell me..."

"I can't. It was." A few more tears escaped her eyes before she could speak again, "Master Windu... Light, Obi-Wan, if whatever it is that's killing us beat him..."

"Don't think about it."

"I'm no where near as strong as he was." She continued, "I won't have a chance." Her face was set in a grim line, her eyes filled with surrender.

"You don't even know..."

"Obi-Wan, I saw him. I saw Master Windu die." She closed her eyes and stood, walking over to one of the large picture windows.

"H-how?" He asked, getting up. "I don't understand."

"The woman..." She murmured half to herself, then turned her face to look at him. "The old woman, the one I helped on Atzerri..."

"Wait... the old hag that Amidala told me about? That does she have to do with anything?" Obi-Wan frowned a bit, knitting his brows, and crossed his arms over his chest, awaiting an answer.

"She wasn't a 'hag'... Obi-Wan, she touched me after I helped her, she gave me these... Memories, or something, she told me that I would remember what I saw when I needed to, and not before that. Then she just disappeared. She knew that I was a Jedi... How did she know?!? I've been trying to figure her out ever since I saw her, and I still don't know! But I saw Windu die. I saw this dark thing killing him... How did I see that? The only thing I can think of... No, I know it was one of the visions the old woman gave me... But how could she see the future? And what else will I see? Obi-Wan, I don't know if I'm strong enough to take this. How many other people will I see die? And how was this 'thanks' for healing her?" She slumped back a bit, head whirling, and leaned on the wall behind her watching him as he stared at the floor, eyes unfocused, trying to figure everything out.

He finally looked up at her, eyes calmer than he felt and asked, "Why didn't you tell me all of this before? Why did you wait until now?"

"I... It wouldn't have made it any easier to understand, no matter when I told you." She bit her lip, "I didn't want to say anything until I knew what was going on myself, but... I had to tell someone what I saw just now."

He nodded a bit, and stroked his goatee a bit, in thought. Jenna turned around again, looking out the

14. Droideka21

Nov 20, 1999
    YAY! Nice post! Beautiful job! I can't wait to see what'll happen!!

I was actually thinking that just "Naboo" (it can be both a noun and an adjective) was the right word, and then at the end you mentioned it...interesting, but I don't think it's important enough to go back and change!

JAR JAR AND HIS GIRL NEED TO COME BACK!! They're just the kee-utest couple aren't they? *giggle* But where did this "Aurora" person come from and why is there a handmaiden without an "é" in her name? Auroraé? Well, maybe not...

Keep up the great work (and shave off Obi's goatee! We don't need anything covering his sweet liddle face!) See ya for now!

[This message has been edited by Droideka21 (edited 02-01-2000).]

15. Wormy

Feb 12, 1999
    I know, I know, Droideka, but I thrive on being unpredictable. ^_^ Sorry this is so short, I;ve had big projects for the last two weekends! Yikes!

Staring out the window, Marianne weighed her choices. OK, let's see. Master Windu's dead. Alla the other masters are hiding, scattered throughout the galaxy, along with half of the Jedi. Only Master Windu dared to stay here on Coruscant... And now... Now... She bit her lip, almost to the point of bleeding. People used to think she was crazy, inflicting pain on herself, but it helped her to concentrate, to think... Which is just what she needed to do now. Word had been sent out of Windu's death, and any Force sensitive in the galaxy could have felt the wave his death caused in the Force. With any luck, Yoda or one of the other masters would send word or come by. Until then, only some Jedi Knights and one or two of their very devoted Padawans remained. This dark force that had been killing them off had gotten more powerful, and they had gotten more careful. Marianne hadn't left their hidden complex in days... Most of that time had been spent in her room, where she was now.

A ring of her door buzzer startled her, and she turned quickly around, pulling her shoulder-length light blonde hair back in a pony tail.

"Come in." She called, and the door immediately whooshed open, letting a tall, lanky man inside.

He wore a simple brown Jedi robe, short silver hair ruffled and disorderly. His head was bowed, looking down at a data pad. Once he came a few feet from her, and then stopped, typing in a few keys, then raising his olive eyes to meet hers.

"What's up, Brand?" She asked him, arching a light brow over her crystal blue eye.

He shook his head a bit, "Not good, 'Anne, very not good. As of now, none of the masters have replied, and we lost another person."

Marianne cast her eyes down, before whispering, "Who?"

"See," he said with a sigh, "That's what we don't get. It was just a Force-adept. Not a Jedi, not a Padawan, just an adept."

"Which defeats our theory of some kind of database of Jedi."

He nodded, "Only the Council knows of Force adept who aren't trained."

"And that means that the thing we're up against..."

"Is Force-adept. A rogue Jedi, maybe?" His voice lightened towards the end, no one wanted to consider that option. Why would a Jedi want to kill his own kind?

"Or a Sith."

He straightened at her clear-cut decision. "A-a Sith? Like the guy Obi-Wan killed all that time ago?"

"Ya." She said solemnly, with a slight nod of her head.

"Well," he finished weakly, backing off, "I'll suggest that to the others. I guess I'll leave ya be, now." He turned to go, boots clicking softly on the tiled floor.

"See ya, Brand." Marianne told him, turning again towards the window.

Where is Obi-Wan? Master Yoda must know, but if word hasn't gotten back to us, then our message must have been intercepted, or... She closed her eyes tightly. No, he's alive, and we'll get word soon. We just hafta wait.

A few hours later, she awoke to her comm buzzing very rudely. She snapped upright, fingering the small button.

"Shoot." She ordered sleepily, wiping sleep away from her eyes.

"We've gotta message." Brand told her, his voice crackling over the comm.

"From Master Yoda?" She asked hopefully, already out the door and making her way towards the communications center. The blank gray walls sped by as she broke into a run and frowned at the long silence.

"No..." He answered finally, a bit unsure. "From your brother."

She stopped suddenly, eyes widening as she turned to her left, the large double doors opening to reveal their small makeshift comm center. Brand turned to look at her apologetically.

Can't be... Obi-Wan, he's alive!

[This message has been edited by Wormy (edited 02-12-2000).]

16. Tionne

Tionne Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 1999
    Obi-Wan's Marianne's bro?? *BG* Cool!!
    Sorry I didn't post recently, but I'd lost my password!! You know how tis. (^_^)
    Anyhow. As far as comments go, I dont have many at this time. I like the way this tale's going. I'll send more details in an e/m, OK? It's kinda late here and I need my sleep.

See ya! Post more!
    -T

17. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    This is GREAT!!! Keep it up!

18. Wormy

Feb 12, 1999
    OK, guys! I'm sorry this took sooo long! I did get alla those projects done, tho. *whew* Anyhoo, if this seems very non-detailed and weird, well, I was writting it very late, so plz excuse me. ^_^ I hope u like it, tho!!

To blend into the shadows. To be so quiet, there's almost no sound. No, there is no sound. To be so still, so silent, you don't exist. You are a shadow, you're nothing. You lie and wait. Nothing but sit and wait. Until something comes. To be so uncaring that it doesn't matter how long you sit in one place and wait for someone who sparks your senses to walk by. Why not, when you have the time, time means nothing. When the only thing you think of is revenge, the only thing you're good at is killing. When all that matters is what a wrinkled man in a black cloak thinks of you, and that he thinks higher of you than he does of a girl named Aura Sing. When all of those things combine to become one tall, malevolent being in black. With all of those things combined, you have Darth Vader.

The thing that is the man who used to be the young, vibrant man Anakin Skywalker awaited in the shadows, so much like himself. Sidious had been busy. He had told Vader that orders would soon follow, that had been days ago.

So long a time had passed since he had felt anything but a burning hatred. He had tried to remember the heat of her embrace, the deep longing he used to feel. It was all replaced with a simple burning desire to kill. Exact revenge on the man he blamed for all of his pains. But Kenobi was gone, and now all he had left for consolation was the fact that he would destroy everything Kenobi had loved. Everything the Jedi had built up.

What a sight he would be to the next Jedi who passed by. They were hiding, he knew. He knew that they awaited in holes and hovels, scurrying around like rodents looking for a scrap of food. But there were much less of them than the crawling masses of red-eyed beasts in the gutters. They had all fled, like from a sinking ship. Except for those too stupid or too loyal to leave, and they would pay for such insolence.

He sensed a form, a woman, coming down the street. A Force-adept... No, a Jedi. He could tell by the way she held the Force, with such control and assuredness. A Jedi indeed. A good kill, something to report. Something important enough to interrupt whatever his Master was working on. Whatever had kept him in isolation for so long.

The precious moment, the time he waited for came. He leapt out of his hiding place, menacing to her, he knew. He unclipped the silver hilt of his lightsaber in a swift moment before he landed before the stunned woman. He grinned, if he knew how to grin anymore. Even he wasn't sure of that. He felt as if he could smile. As if it was below the surface, bubbling at his face and soon, it would rise, marring his scarred, hideous face into even more gruesome contortions. But it never did.

The woman, rather, a girl, a young thing that had no right of being here, of being one of the hated mass. A thing he thought, for a blink, should be home, asleep, or perhaps playing with her dolls. He examined her for a moment, another blink, or half of one, rather. Just a moment, a breath in time. The time to takes a blaster bolt to leave the barrel and leap through the air. He felt a slight tingling the back of his mind, like something was forgotten, or preparing itself to be remembered, but wasn't quite there yet. The girl, he noticed, hadn't drawn her lightsaber, and stood in awed silence, eyes and mouth agape, as the silver hilt hung limp as her arms at her hips.

The instant passed, when the tingling turned into a bolt, and he remembered and fled. He ran fast, too fast for such a large thing, Marianne reflected later. The dark thing she had so feared had once been that shining blonde boy she once knew.

It had been so long ago, she thought in her quarters, wrapped in blankets and sipping on bitter stim tea. They had ushered her in, Brand asking her why her face was so red. Why she wouldn't talk. She told them to go, at last. She needed to

19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey, this is getting good! But, the only way I can actually read all of this is I don't read the vader parts. Sorry, but I don't like vader. But hey, keep it coming!

20. Tionne

Tionne Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 1999
    *BG* Good!! Not a lot of detail, like u said, but it's still good!! I can't write long just now, but I'll email u later w/ more info, K? Sorry I wasn't OL last night, BTW.
    *huggles*
    -T

21. Wormy

Feb 12, 1999
    Happy V. Day! Isn't the new background pretty? Maul holding a "teddy"? How cute! Anyhoo, since I can't write a happy story, I hope this will do for a little V. Day tale.

The rainy season on Naboo lasted for about two months, Dorothée know this from experience. All over Naboo, at this time of the year, parents taught children household chores, no one worked outside. They let the rain soak the ground and feed their plants. Children could only go out maybe once or twice a day, and everyone got cabin fever.

Kinda like now. She thought grudgingly, staring through the clear dome up onto the surface of the water. It was interesting, and new, to see the rain fall from this view. They had been in Otoh Gunga for over, she took a moment to count the weeks up on her fingers, seven weeks, now. At the thought of this, she slid farther down on the red velvet couch until she was practically on the floor. The leather of her altered Gungan clothes slid easily off the crushed velvet. Leaning her head back all the way, she once again peered out of the dome, and sighed.

She heard laughter on the other side of the room, but she didn't even turn around, as she recognized Jar Jar's quasi-Basic. The general had been gone for a few days, and she was sure he and Haeka would appreciate some time alone.

The two stayed in the room for longer than she expected, however, and she was about o get up and leave when they suddenly ran out of the chamber, hand in hand. The breath caught in her throat as a picture appeared in front of her. A man, of average height, dark hair and eyes. Blue on dark blue eyes. He gave her a quick smile, and disappeared from her vision.

Tears blurred her own green eyes as she called, "Donovan!"

It had seemed, when she thought about it in her quarters later, that so much time had passed. The warm, moist filtered air was almost stagnant around her. She took a deep breath, as sobs raked her entire body, but no tears would be shed. She had cried for him before, all of her tears were gone, now. Her bunk, next to the queens, was empty, she sat crossed-legged on the floor, happy Amidala was out on a walk with Aurora. She needed time alone. Needed to think. Remember why he had come to her, so suddenly. It was around this time, but not a year, maybe three or four years ago, when she had met him.

He was graceful, more so than anyone in the school. Dorothée had just arrived, and his skills far outstretched her own.

His hair had been cropped short, as were all of theirs, to avoid interference with their training. She heard the Jedi did that, as well, but she had never met one to confirm it. On the first day, he had led her around the campus and training ground, giving her a tour. Afterwards, he came back several times, with several excuses, until finally he had told her how he felt.

The field was green, grass wet, because it was the beginning of the rainy season, and they had to sit on Donovan's long green cloak to stay dry. She had been at the school for over a year, now, and soon, she would go to her first job. He had decided to stay on, as a trainer, and chances that they would see each other were slim. But all she knew for that day was that he was close, and so warm, and his arm around her was protective and comforting.

"I will always be with you... And we will see each other, I promise. I'll visit, how's that?" He gave her his sweet smile, the one he knew she couldn't resist, and all she could do was manage to giggle, and nod. "It's settled, then." He told her, pressing his lips to her, as the rain began to fall and soak them. But neither moved until they had finished, and then they got up and slowly walked back to the grounds.

Her job was as a bodyguard to the then king, watching over him and felling the few assassination attempts. He wasn't a strong ruler, but the people liked him, and his family had been in control for decades. That was about to change. A radical group, opposed to inherited rule, rose up against the old king. Dorothée's job was simple. Kill anyone that belonged to the group, and protect

22. Droideka21

Nov 20, 1999
    Nice *sniffle* story! Poor Dorothée is right! I guess you don't really think "Gee...I sure hope this guy isn't my boyfriend!" when you're fighting for your life. It wasn't really her fault. How 'bout he comes back as a shimmery blue ghosty-person?

A Gungan midwife...interesting idea!! Maybe Luke has such problems later in life because Amidala leaves him to be raised by the Gungans!!

And about Jar Jar? Two words: GO HAEKA!!!

Yeah!

23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Top. Post more!

24. Wormy

Feb 12, 1999
    Heya guys! Sorry this has taken me soooo long, but I've been working on another fan-fic recently, and that has taken up a ton of my time. But I'm posting, now an dthat's what matters.

Sometimes, when cold is all you feel and all you think of is revenge, you can go without sleep. For days, and not notice. Not feel fatigued, only feel a nagging in the back of your head that you cannot define and it will not leave you be. This was the point Vader was at.

The marble floor was cold, but he couldn't feel it, and he was sure he needed sleep, but he wasn't tired. He was sure he needed food, his belly rumbled, but he felt nauseated at the very thought of sustenance. The girl. He had met her, spoken with her. She had given him tips, how to beat the trials, how to prepare. How to be a Jedi Knight.

He had succeeded, or, he thought he had. Or had he read about it, somewhere? He knew the Jedi existed, they were no myth, and the memory felt real, viable, almost tangible in his grasp... When suddenly it slipped away, and he was left again with nothing. But it wasn't part of him, anymore, like he had never even lived it. If someone had described the girl, told him about her, and told him that he once knew her, Vader would not had believed it. But to feel her, to see her himself, and feel these memories, good memories, not just of her... He didn't know what was going on. He wasn't supposed to have memories, he was supposed to be a machine, he was a machine... Thoughts now of revenge returned... Thoughts were all he was supposed to have, anyone can think, but only caring beings can have fond recollections, memories, of what once was.

He now remembered, true memories, of cool spring breezes and a sweet breath, who's?, against his cheek, a warm bed, a soft pillow, a beautiful face. Crimson lips, warm and soft against his own, and a small hand inside his. And a smiling man... He could feel his pride, his wisdom... But he couldn't place him in this world, in his mind, he knew this man should not be in there with these happy memories, but he was there, and he wouldn't leave. Another face, now, another woman, not as beautiful to him as the last, but she had helped him, a stranger, and had been happy to do it. She had saved him, all that time ago, and he now remembered that the smiling man had felt for her what he had felt for Amidala... That was the name! The angel, the beautiful face and soft voice were his queen his... Amidala.

Amidala and Obi-Wan, they had both left him. The him he was, now. That past life disappeared in front of his eyes... He looked about the room, it was empty, as always, a straight backed chair before the window and a few small tables. A hard marble floor. Nothing else. No breeze swept through the chamber, and there was no smiling beauty. He leapt up with blinding speed, grabbed the chair and slammed it into the window. Glass shattered about him, he stood in the middle of the shower and watched the dim light refract off of the shards, creating dim and almost colorless rainbows on the walls. Wind rushed in, and his black cloak beat against his body harshly.

A blinding rage filled him, as he ran throughout the room, smashing the tables with his own hands, throwing the vases of white lilies to the floor, watching as the water trickled across the slick tiles. The blue glass of the vases adding to the clear glass of the window on the floor. The flowers died the moment the touched the floor in wake of the flowing dark power coursing through the room. Whipping, icy wind stormed into the chamber, and if he could feel, he would have braced himself. Rather, he walked up to the once-winodw, and stared out and down, at the bright lights and beauteous cityscape that had once, even a moment ago, so awed him. His fist clenched, the organic left one bleeding from the shattered glass. His tall boots crushed the glass in sickening screeching against the marble, but he didn't hear it. He heard only his own steady heartbeat. The initial rage had filled him with a momentary glee, made him closer to the Dark Force, but no

25. Tionne

Tionne Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 1999
    *L* So now Vader's REALLY getting started, huh? Wonder what he's gonna do about Aura Sing, btw.
    What's this about another fanfic?? Send me news on that, plz!!
    I was kinda hoping to see u OL, but I've got to go soon. *s*
    *huggles* Post more soon!! ((make sure you talk about Jenna, too.. Haven't seen her in a while..))

-T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.