main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Insomniac/Maniac Writer's Association

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Darth_Fruitcake, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Sleep? What's that? ;) :D

I'm pretty much a night creature, and it's not unusual for me to be up working on something until the sun rises.

Nice to know I'm not the only one! :)

2. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Yeah, JG's right - have to Jolt if I'm writing. But if I'm just chatting, beer and pretzels are the delicacies of choice. And cold leftover pizza.

3. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I can't have sugar! :_| That's what you get for being hypoglycemic. :mad: But I'll take some of the Chinese! And pizza sounds good, too...and have you ever had a bloomin' onion from Outback Steakhouse? Of course, some of you probably don't have Outback where you live...but those sound really good, too...

4. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    cold pizza?

I'm a night person. I try and sleep during the day. I have really bad nightmares so I don't like sleeping.

Plus my younger sis gets computer until 9:00pm on weekdays and 9:30pm on weekends.

Personally I like coke, pretzles, brownies, and poptarts.

5. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    In the summer I would stay up until 4am reading fan fiction and then get up at 1pm the next day and read fan fiction and then get up to go to the bathroom. I usually have my snacks next to me... hehehe :)

I love mush and stay up to the wee hours of the morning to read it.

HEHEHE!

6. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Hehe, TJG, that sounds just like me!!! Except I just do it whenever I don't have to get up early the next morning...

7. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    I, personally, enjoy artichoke, Pepsi, and pizza. Black olives as an appetizer. Peanut butter pie for desert.

It's all good :D

8. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, my main cause for staying up late reading and writing fanfics is the Darth Time Difference. My time (CET) is the boards time plus 9 hours, so if I want to chat with someone from USA who's on in the afternoon, I have to stay up till midnight or 1:00 a.m. ;)

Oh, and I like eating ANYTHING. :D

9. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    So it's like, 1:30AM where you are right now? I'm at CT in America, so my time's only two hours ahead of the boards time...

Yeah, I'll eat pretty much anything. Except olives. And pickles. And...hmmm...I know there's something else...eggplant. Mustard. Ummm...asparagus, and I'm not too fond of seafood. But anything else, I'll eat it!

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving! Yay! (The thought of food made me remember all the cooking I have to do tomorrow morning!) :D

10. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    I LOOOOVE seafood. I love pickles, and I love olives. Not green olives, though. Those are nasty. I like BLACK :D

I also like Japenese food.... amazing, that stuff. We have this really nice Japenese resturant in our town, and it's absolutely delicious. Really good.

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Black olives, definetly. And Japanese food. *drool*. My friend's mom is Japanese and she cooks these increadable meals. I always try to mooch food off of her :)

We have to get those chocolate covered marshmallow cookies, mmmmm... so good. And doritos with bean dip. And saurkraut on polish sausages...

12. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Maybe this could be good for my diet. I'll eat this stuff virtually, and then I won't have to eat it for real! :)

13. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    MMMMMM!!! You're making me HUNGRY. Thank God Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I can stuff my face without excuse.

Turkey and cranberry sauce and mashed potatos and green beens and pumpkin pie...

My grandmother makes MEAN mashed potatos, black-eyed peas, and black beans with yellow rice. Southern cooking...
    The only way to eat :D

14. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Sounds like a plan.

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    There are seven pies, seven!, sitting on my kitchen counter calling my name, and I can't have any until tomorrow! Ack! I don't know if I can do it!

16. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    I know! It's awful...I'm happy it's Thanksgiving because of what it means to me. To spend time with my family, and remember everything I'm thankful for. But... [face_blush] *whispers* I'm happy that I get to stuff myself...mmmm...turkey and cranberry sauce and cornbread and crunchy pea salad and stuffing...mashed potatoes and gravy...OH! I'm so hungry. And dang it, my blood sugar is low again. I have to go eat something. Stupid hypoglycemia! :mad:

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmmm... I'm hypoglycemic too. But it's not too serious for me. So I can still get my sweets :D Like I just had some M&Ms mmmmm... chocolate, couldn't live without it.

18. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Ugh! Lucky you...mine's BAD. I tried to ignore it, but the headaches, nausea, dizzy spells, and spasms of shaking wouldn't let me ignore it. I had to give up sugar. :mad: And so I clung to my Starbucks Frappacinos, refusing to admit they had sugar in them...until about two weeks ago when I had a really bad reaction to one on my way to teach at my old youth group...

And I have to eat! I mean, that's not bad, because I love food, but I can't skip breakfast...tried that once; by lunch I was shaking so badly I couldn't stand up straight...my sister had to crack my eggs for me, LOL...and my body's gotten into this nasty habit of starting in with the spasms at around midnight, forcing me to eat to stop it...if I try to go to sleep, I'll either wake up in the morning shaking, or with a headache.

And one time, months and months ago, before I gave up sugar, I ate THREE TINY CHOCOLATES at my friend's house...it took me an hour to drive home, and forty-five minutes into it I had to pull over at a gas station and buy some peanuts! So annoying...when my blood sugar drops, I can't focus on the cars...I can't see where they are in relation to where I am...VERY annoying.

Now I'm rambling. Again. I do that a lot...oh, well, this is the IMWA thread, and it's midnight (THANKSGIVING, YAY!) so I can ramble all I want, right?

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ramble away! I know with me, if I don't have a snack about every hour (I don't really eat large meals, its just continous snacking for me) I sleep. And I have the worst time getting up, and I fall asleep in class. Then I have trouble getting to sleep at night! So it causes some problems for me. I also had a big problem with binge eating before I was diagnosed. I would have breakfast, then maybe skip lunch, I would have to eat this HUGE snack when I got home and have a big dinner, not good. :p Fortunatly my diets gotten better.

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Ugh, I'm a night person and usually when it's midnight where I live, it's about 6am on the board. So I stay up to watch the posts start ticking away and to talk people in USA. You have all got me started on food...I agree with JG - we'll eat it virtually and then let's see who beats the diet buster programs!! HAHA!

No Thanksgiving for me, though if we had piles of food that would be it of my daily exercises.....*breaths* Qwi, continue with your rambling, it's the best thing to do late at night.

I'm a Pizza fan, love it cold, hot, or anyway they have it. I love take-away, though I'm a big fruit fan! Give me a peach and I'll give you a apple! Australians are into steak and meat, so we have those occasionally.

Am [face_love]

21. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Yeah, I did the same thing...I wouldn't eat sometimes, and I would other times...I mostly do snacking too, lots of it throughout the day...

I didn't have one of those six hour blood tests...I just missed work for two weeks because I was having so many dizzy spells (I have never passed out though!!) and so nauseas, I finally went to the doctor...I had been suspected of being hypoglycemic...when she found out my symptoms and that it had been going on, to some degree, for 4 years...she's like, "Yup, that's what it sounds like..." Hehe, unfortunately, I went (to myself, not to the doctor), "Well, I never had that six hour blood test thing, so maybe I'm NOT!" It took another several months, and another visit to a different doctor, and many more horrible spells, for me to finally admit it. I love sugar so much; I was in denial! [face_blush] :D But those blood tests aren't always accurate anyway...there is so little that doctors know about hypoglycemia that there are different ways it can be diagnosed...heck, some doctors think you have to eat sugar to make it better, and some think it's not a medical condition. Wonder what those doctors do when they get a patient in the hospital in hypoglycemic shock!

Besides, I hate needles; I'm just taking two doctors saying, "Yup, now just eat like THIS" for being a good enough diagnosis...I know what it is...

And you know what else is irritating? When you go out to eat or something, and you're having shaking spasms, and people are like, "Oh, Laura, are you cold?" And I'm going, "NO, I need FOOD!"

:D I babbled again, hehe!

22. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Oooh, fruit! I love fruit, Am!

Yeah, it must be hard being on such a different time zone sometimes!

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah I know how you feel. I've always had blood sugar problems, and my Doc has always pretty much ignored it. (See it's a military doctor I go to an if its not a bullet wound, he doesn't know how to treat it ;)) Anyway, he finally was checking on something else, and he did a double take on the sugar level, and this wierd little noise came out of his mouth. Then he says, 'uh, I think you have a touch of hypoglycemia.' Yeah, that explained alot to me. I had to go and research how to treat it myself!

Ah now I can't eat with my family and stuff, because they have these huge dinners late at night, and I usually have already had my food by then, so I'm lacking in the family's social 'loop'.

Eh, I think we are both babbling! :D

24. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    When I'm low on Sugar I have to have some Barely Sugar Sweets. I was like that one day at school and one of my friends (the one I'm disgusted with) reckoned I was faking and that there's nothing like that. *sigh* Some people do not understand. They think that because they haven't heard of it that it doesn't exist. It's called ignorance....

Am [face_love]

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I know my best friend has it to. So we suffer together. It's actually quite nice, because one of us always has food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.