main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Dang, thanks for the tag and sorry I missed this earlier. Updates have been made.

And wow, Pfluegermeister : That was quite an interview! Thanks for sharing all of that with us.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The brevity of each answer is the answer. That is a brilliant interview.

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Pfluegermeister, The Hellhammer With all due respect to the past interviewees, this one had the most depth, emotionally & otherwise, which made for such an excellent/fascinating read.

4. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Loved the discussion about Wagner. I, too, love his operas and their source materials (Nibelungenlied, Parzifal and Tristan) in their various forms and retellings.

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

language!

I don't know if your a Curb fan, Pfluegermeister, but that's worth a view.

Also, I loved your idea of R2 giving 3PO a piece of his mind in the way that only R2 could... fantastic.
    :cool:

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Excellent as always!

7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    >> HYPERDRIVE DEACTIVATED <<

>> SHIELDS ONLINE <<

>> WEAPONS ONLINE <<

>> SCANNING <<

>> SCAN COMPLETE <<

>> TRANSMITTING ON ALL FREQUENCIES <<

[​IMG] ATTENTION ALL LIFEFORMS [​IMG]

This is the Star Destroyer Impulsive of the Imperial Spoiler Surveillance Fleet. Power down all systems and prepare to be boarded and/or blasted. We have no time to waste and we are not big on discussing semantics.

[​IMG]
    Although theatrical entrances are pretty high up on the priority list.

We are here to make our presence known and deal with these so-called "Leeks" and "Roomours" that our tech officers have monitoring for the past few months. Their origins are unknown but all the clues point to them always ending up in these lawless regions of space. As has been pointed out to me by my Senior Sane Advisor, these are dangerous, aggressive species that threaten the integrity and stability of the Imperial rule in the Spoiler Rim territories. As such, the ISSF has taken it on itself to restore Order and consolidate Imperial authority until the Emperor... uhm... shows up again.

The vile lies of ISSF being disbanded or in any way inactive have been spread by opportunistic agitators seeking to exploit the weakened state of our glorious Empire. We are on a decade-long mission of truth-seeking and aggressive order-bringing and no competition will be tolerated.

[​IMG]
    We are the only ones around here who get to go on years-long deep space missions.

The word of the Emperor is Law and here to sing his praises against these vile Leeks and Roomours is our esteemed colleague and truth-crusader - please welcome TheBBP !!

---------------------

1. How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums?

I have lurked for years for the odd reason now and then. If I wanted deeper insight into one of the novels that I was reading or if I had a question, Google would usually lead me here for some good answers. I was not much into message forums when the PT came out, but when Uncle George sold and they announced that there was new awesomeness was to be had, I wanted to be around a bunch of people who were as excited as I was about it, so I officially joined.

2. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

This one is hard to pin down as there are several that rate equally for me. When my dad took us all to the drive-in to see Star Wars (back when it was just called Star Wars), the time my mom had me stay home from school to take me and my sister to see Return of the Jedi and the day that I came home from school and my parents had gotten me a figure case

This one to be exact.
    [​IMG]

It had 3 or 4 figures (memory is becoming fuzzy), Luke, Han, Chewie and Darth I believe... After reeling from the awesomeness of that, she then carried out a Han Solo blaster toy and the Star Wars read-along book and cassette. It was an amazing day that I will never forget.

3. What is your favorite Star Wars possesion? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

Oddly enough, I do not collect right now. Before I got married I was collecting some of the toys that I liked, but I ended up giving them all to my boys. I guess that I could say that my favorite possession is the joy in sharing something that I care so much for with two little beings that I love more than anything.

4. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

I did, but only because I believed that Uncle George stood to make a billion dollars or better if he somehow got Luke, Leia and Han to the big screen again. He has been sitting on a virtual pile of gold for a long time. I just always figured that if not only for the money, that it would happen some day. I always thought that the biggest obstacle would be Harrison Ford who spent so many years barely even wanting to admit that the movies existed.

5. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

I was absolutely thrilled. I couldn't believe it We are FINALLY going to get the sequels! I have been fond of how Disney gave Marvel the resources and leeway to make honestly good Marvel films. That they weren't afraid to open their wallet for good directors and quality actors. I could not wait to see how they handled Star Wars and right now as a lifelong fan of the franchise I could not be happier in the direction that it is going.

6. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

I was mostly a lurker then. I used to visit this place, millenniumfalcon.com and another that slips my memory and of course I was suckered into Hyperspace at the official site. I got a lot of info from millenniumfalcon.com. My coolest memory of following those productions was around Ep2 production when a photo from the FOX Australia lot leaked where they were wheeling out a partially completed model. It was BIG and triangular shaped. Almost everyone on the internet thought that it was going to be a Star Destroyer. Turns out it was the set full-scale model of Obi Wan's Starfighter.

7. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

Spoiled enough to regret it... for about a minute.

8. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

Luke having been missing or in self-imposed exile for the last decade or so and the quest to find him. I think that it would flesh out a lot better in detail on screen than it does as a rumor. I also like the most recent one of Daisy's character living in AT-AT wreckage. That will be fun to see.

9. And the least favorite?

Anything involving Luke going to the Dark Side. IMHO, Luke is and should be the unshakable Paragon. He has been to the precipice of the Dark Side and willingly tossed down his weapon to face death rather than go over. I don't see that quality changing in him.

10. We now know (probably) all of the most important cast members. What are your thoughts on these new faces? Who do you think will play who?

I love the new cast. Especially John Boyega. This is one area where I do not spend much time speculating. My personal preferences does not want all of these new characters to be related to old ones. Yes, it is inevitable that we will get a Solo or 2 and maybe even a Skywalker and I will easily deal with that if and when it happens, but I would LIKE to see this franchise move on from Solos and Skywalkers. It's just a personal preference.

I can totally see Daisy as a very strong co-lead along with Boyega. I picture Isaac and Gleeson having sizable supporting roles, but have not learned enough about them to give a good speculation as to who or what they are. I don't know enough about Driver to picture him as the big-bad but can totally picture him as the rumored aristocratic Sith Lore Hound. I would REALLY like to find out who MVS is playing. His casting has me VERY intrigued. He has a gravitas that is not meant for your average character.

When it is all said and done, I am a giant fanboy, so if and when my personal preferences are not realized on screen, I will happily and very quickly adapt and enjoy these movies as much as anyone else.

11. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST?

My ideal villain would have to be a Sith. I know that it is cliche to the universe, but that is where I am at. I'd prefer a powerful being be the big threat than a Superweapon. I loved the notion of an ancient Sith returning in some form. As for the actor, I think that Jeremy Irons would make a great Palpatine-type Sith. I also think that Dominic Purcell (sp?) who played Dracula in Blade Trinity would make a very intimidating Sith.

12. And the Hero?

My personal preference would see Boyega grow to be the main hero, but my gut tells me that Daisy's character is going to be THE hero. Earlier I mentioned that I would like to see the franchise move away from Skywalkers and Solos, but if I had to choose a bloodline to take the new hero from, it would be a Skywalker. To me it just makes more sense. I would rather see a Skywalker than a Solo (no offense to Han, I love me some Han too).

13. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

I am a sucker for basic character archetypes. The hero, the sidekick, the old and wise one, the brains and the brawn. My favorite supporting characters are usually the brains and the brawn. I love the brains character for being the smartest person in the room but who is all levels of awkward in any sort of physical or combat situation. Someone like Simon Pegg has made an art of this role in Mission Impossible and dare I mention as Scotty in Star Trek. For the brawn, I don't necessarily need someone who is just a dumb brute rage monster, but he/she should prefer action every time as opposed to anything else. Zeb in Rebels is a great example. As for who would play them, I am open to ideas.

14. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

I'd love for them to fit Yoda and/or McGreggor in there as Obi Wan in a way that makes sense. Via a holocron or otherwise. I'd also like to see an Ewok who has moved on from Endor and is now adapted to and living in a civilized society. I would also enjoy nods to the prequels. Maybe someone is flying a refurbished ARC-170 or we visit Coruscant and see a memorial to the Clones. Something along those lines. It would also be cool to see something that came from Rebels that is instantly recognizable.

15. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

I am a GIANT FANBOY. This movie would have to produce an AMAZING level of suck for me not to fully enjoy it. For me it will be the most fun thing that I have watched in a long time and I will likely see it multiple times in the theater. I will be buying shirts, toys and any other merchandise that I dig. This is an event for me. As for the overall movie-going public, I do believe that it will be a huge success and my be the first movie to hit $3 Billion world-wide.

16. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

Not really. I have played what I think is a cool teaser trailer in my head multiple times.

It's mostly a series of quick cuts (teaser trailer style) showing off aspects of the new films. First-off the new characters. John removing his trooper helmet revealing his face, Daisy shown standing there in the outfit that was rumored a while back. Chrometroopers disembarking a shuttle guns blazing. Isaac's character smirking. It then fades into re-introducing Han and Leia with slightly longer shots and ends with the camera behind Luke focused on his right side. He is wearing a brown Jedi robe with the hood up. The shot then frames so you can only see his right side from the top of his shoulder down to about his knees and you can see that he is holding a saber hilt out to the side. It then cuts to his hand holding his familiar RotJ saber hilt, pauses for a beat or two then it ignites. After a beat it cuts to black and we get logos.

I loved the idea of showing Han and Leia but only teasing Luke. To me it speaks to the aspect that he is missing and adds a good amount of tension.

17. We also know that Rian Johnson is directing Episode 8. What are your thoughts on that?

I am indifferent. Nothing has happened that would make me not trust the decision.

18. Who would you like to see direct Episode 9?

Perhaps a third director. I like that the OT went with three directors and we got 3 distinct films. 10 years ago I would have loved to see a Peter Jackson Star Wars and think that it would be good to see him do a Spin Off, but would not anymore want him in the trilogy. Today I would like to see someone like John Favreau direct one of the films. He is a huge fan and can do quality things.

19. What do you think will be Abrams’ level of involvement with the franchise as a whole?

I am thrilled to have the man that could make Star Trek fun for me to be on board!

20. The Spin Offs are quite an unknown at this point. What are your thoughts on those? Anything specific you’d like to see? Something you hope NOT to see?

I don't want a Fett film. All the necessary retconning that would have to take place to make him NOT an absolute chump would make it a forced subject. I would LOVE to see spin-offs take on the Old Republic era. Revan particularly. I want to go thousands of years before the saga. I want those tales told. I just think that it would be perfect and would give creators great leeway in the fact that they could not do much to affect the saga that we have. I would also love to see a Mandalorian film, again in this ancient era of Star Wars.

21. The big EU reboot. It has been a somewhat divisive issue among fans, quite understandably so. What are your thoughts on this? Do you plan to follow the new EU?

I couldn't be happier with this either. I enjoyed a lot of the EU, but also found a lot of it to be ridiculous. The first Zahn trilogy WAS the sequels to most of us for a long time. Those books will always hold a special place with me. For me though, the NJO went downhill fast. I wanted to see what happened to Luke, Han and Leia and then move on. The EU would introduce characters that could be the future of the saga only to push them aside for Luke, Han and Leia. It bugged me. That and I HATE the Vong.

I am greatful to have a hard line drawn in the canon and I will be following this new and canon EU with a ton of interest. A New Dawn has really set this new era of Star Wars off on a great foot.

22. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Yes. It's more Star Wars. I would like to see the new generation be that trilogy with Luke, Han and Leia being done.

23. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

It would be an X-Wing Rogue Squadron series. I wouldn't even have to consider another option. I would set it in the time just after RotJ showcasing the Squadron continuing it's efforts to keep pushing back the Empire. Wedge would be the main character and lead. We would have some cool alien pilots (I love Sullustans) as comic relief and would include a hard-nosed, by-the-book and straight-laced military-minded Bothan.

Of course, the amazing success of that series would lead to a counterpart spin-off showcasing the Imperial military.

24. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

The Empire Strikes Back. The Battle of Hoth really captured me as a kid. I would LOVE snowy winters so that I could take my toys outside to play. I fell in love with Imperial architecture. I have always loved the angles, straight lines and uniformity. Even more so as I grew up enamored with the military and became a Marine.

The movie itself had it all though. From the get-go you were put on the edge of your seat. EVERYONE was in danger and nothing felt safe. Luke couldn't even train without imagining something horrible. Then on top of that, the most feared man in the galaxy is Luke's father?!

[​IMG]

25. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

Obi Wan and Anakin on Mustafar.

Obi Wan is totally crushed over what just went on. The scene is wonderful and very well done IMHO. It really made me feel the weight of Anakin's betrayal.

26. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

Boba Fett's incredible ineptness. Hands-down he is a VERY cool character. So cool that he has gotten insanely overrated IMHO. I don't know how I would change it, but I would make it so that he is as awesome as his legion of fans believe that he is. As it stands, he has been depicted as a guy not worth all of his gadgets.

27. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

Pretty much anything about Luke being able to pull out in time.

28. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

Freighter pilot. Not a hero, not a Jedi not a Smuggler, just an everyday freighter pilot. I love the ships and I would love spanning the galaxy as a shipper/cargo hauler.

29. Favorite Force ability?

Probably the Jedi Mind Trick. I would use it for Awesome of course.

30. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

I love American Football. I am an avid fan of the NFL and more importantly a rabid fan of the Seattle Seahawks. My dad took me to my first game when I was 7 and I have been a fan since. I am a gamer. I love gaming. I dig MMO's (SWTOR at the moment, but am looking forward to EQN) and I love my XB1, though I only mostly play Madden on it. I am also into weights. At least I used to be. This was me a long time ago...

[​IMG]

This is me now...

[​IMG]

((This was after a recent workout and am pretty whiped-out. I am fat, but not a fat bum lol))

I have since grown into a giant (by giant, I mean 400+ pound) fatty in my old again and am just getting back into the weights again. I have missed them.

31. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

Does Madden count? :p I am actually a huge fan of the Transformers franchise and am praying and hoping that something can be done worthy of that franchise. The latest film was a bigger step in the right direction. Still needs a lot of work though.

32. Any specific goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year?

Lose 60 pounds, shave and see a teaser trailer to Star Wars Episode 7.

--------------------

Thanks goes to TheBBP for answering all the questions in a record amount of time and helping us get the Interrogation thread back on track! Hope you enjoyed it, folks. :)

Yes, we're back. Yes, we've been away for too long. Yes, we'll try and keep to some sort of schedule this time around. The questions have been updated a bit and new ones added to reflect all the new info that we have gotten since this thread got started. The rapid pace at which we're getting (and will continue to get) new info requires a more fluid approach to this whole thing. Questions may be changed around quite a bit but as things have somewhat settled down for me personally I will be able to resume my duties at a far more regular pace.

Thanks to all who have followed and participated in this thread and a big welcome to all those who may just begin to discover it ;)

Star Destroyer Impulsive -- End transmission.

[​IMG]
    Oh and just a quick shout out to EHT - who knows exactly what to do when these things happen :D

8. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Great thread! Love getting an "inside look" at posters.

Dak Oolron, TheBBP and The Hellhammer like this.
  9. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    This is pretty much the best interview that I have ever read.

[​IMG]

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Good job, The Hellhammer and TheBBP . :cool:

Thread title updated, and per an excellent recommendation from our esteemed interrogator, it has also been stickied. :D

Edit: Now that it's been stickied, don't forget to look for this thread at the top of the first page.

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    TheBBP Lovely interview. :D

Why shave, though?

:p

TheBBP likes this.
  12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Pfluegermeister or TheBBP? Pfluegermeister's was good too, but TheBBP's is the new one. :p

Pfluegermeister and TheBBP like this.
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Fixed through the "magic" of editing!

:p

Dak Oolron, Luke'sSeveredHand and EHT like this.
  14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Your initial mistake will live on forever in the quote in my post. :p

Dak Oolron, TheBBP and The Hellhammer like this.
  15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Great interview!

And I have to agree about the Mustafar scene. That would probably be my pick as well if the question was asked of me.

TheBBP likes this.
  16. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Awesome interview. This thread always delivers.

Dak Oolron and TheBBP like this.
  17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

For marital bliss. :D

StoneRiver likes this.
  18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Whatever it takes to make your wife happy, then.

Pfluegermeister and TheBBP like this.
  19. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    You are a hero, BBP.

20. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    That's actually the exact reason I DON'T shave. ;)

Darth Tunes likes this.
  21. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I never look at the stickied threads, but something--The Force?--made me look this morning, and there it was!

Great interview!

TheBBP, Dak Oolron and The Hellhammer like this.
  22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, glad to see you folks are still enjoying these :)

23. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Nice interview!

TheBBP likes this.
  24. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    9. And the least favorite?

Anything involving Luke going to the Dark Side. IMHO, Luke is and should be the unshakable Paragon. He has been to the precipice of the Dark Side and willingly tossed down his weapon to face death rather than go over. I don't see that quality changing in him.

this is the most succinct argument against the recent dark luke rumours. until i'd read this i'd been entertaining the rumour as a good idea. now i'm convinced it would be a mistake

good interview people

25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly.

TKT, Dak Oolron, TheBBP and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.