main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I know, right? For whatever reason I never noticed it before. I'm going to go back and read the prior interviews. Great job on these, Hellhammer!

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Great interview!

Although if Han makes a reference to shooting first it could very well make me hate this movie.

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Very enjoyable answers.

LunarMoth -- love to hear more about your film. Please PM me if you don't want to discuss it more on the forum.

5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Well done. Very intriguing answers LunarMoth and fantastic questions The Hellhammer from the host with the most....

6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    ...most Imperial propaganda at his fingers?

The Hellhammer and Immortiss like this.
  7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

LunarMoth No offense to the previous interviewees, but this is the best idea yet for a show.

Dra---, Darth Punk and LunarMoth like this.
  8. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    you haven't seen me pitch my GoT meets Star Wars idea...

darthcaedus1138 and Dra--- like this.
  9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Another great group of interviews guys! =D=

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    It's naked Star Wars isn't it?

Six and Dra--- like this.
  11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Everyone dies in it too. Everyone.

Six and Dra--- like this.
  12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Now that I've finally returned from the unfair and rather unnecessary spacing that our gracious host gave the so-called "traitors" (took me flying around for more than a week trying to get a signal), I'd like to applaud StoneRiver and LunarMoth (and of course The Hellhammer) for two more awesome interviews! =D=

Indeed, I am looking forward to the interviews of the last three members of our clandestine Order. Long live the OotCC!

Dra---, Immortiss, LunarMoth and 2 others like this.
  13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Even the younglings?

Six likes this.
  14. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Especially the younglings.

15. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Not even the younglings survive!

17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Now that would be fun. I can just imagine...

Moderators. We moderate any activity in this forum, and we damn good too, but you can’t be any Star Wars geek off the street, gotta be handy with the boards if you know what I mean, earn your keep!
    MOD VOICE: MOUNT UP!

It was a nice little board, the 7SA
    But some trolls on the prowl, now trying to play
    Hooky on the forum, thinking it be fun
    Just rollin’ through some threads, trollin’ all along

Just hit the board wide from the LBC
    On a mission trying to find Mr. sethg
    Else getting mavjade, Merk, PK, or EHT
    All you trolls don’t mess with A-C-O-D

So I find a redundant thread and I start posting
    ‘In before the lock’, definitely not boasting
    I jumped out the thread, knowing mods would come
    Before you could say ‘Spoiler!’ the thread’s locked and done

I watched on as some banhammers got swung
    The trolls now on vacation, they’ve had their fun
    Wontcha think of better things than spamming the boards
    Keep this a great place for discussion, good Lord!

Cover of the first few verses of Warren G's "Regulate". That's all I got. :p:cool:

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great interview! =D=

Star Wars: Ultimate Bounty ... love it! :D

The Hellhammer likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]
    "I don't want to ban anybody... I just don't like bullies".

20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    By our very free interpretation of our standing orders, the Imperial Spoiler Surveillance Station has almost unlimited authority when it comes to asking people all sorts of questions. We can ask pretty much anyone we want. This gives us a rare opportunity to even gaze into the dark, twisted minds of the many Darths that... for seem reason seem to be all over the place. Quite a lot of them for such a small outpost.

[​IMG]
    To be fair, these interviews don't always go well.

So, this week we are proud to present to you Darth_Articulate ! Without further delay, we'll begin the transmission...

-------------------

1. How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums?

It's hard to say. I know I've been visiting TFN since around 1995 or '96 when SE and prequel news/speculation started to become an obsession for me. (I was a freshman in college then, and was ecstatic to have access, through my university, to an internet console that took no more than 8 or 9 seconds on average to download a page!!) However, I don't remember visiting the forums until sometime between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, when I needed a place to display my attempts to analyze the saga story and bore people with how smart I thought I was (I had been a drama major and this was all excess brain leakage). At that time, my creative procrastinating went by the name of Darth_Ebriated, and I forgot the password and either couldn't or didn't feel like retrieving it, so now I have this name.

2. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

This might sound lame, but I think it was reading the TPM teaser trailer description for the first time. Until that point, there were just ideas and rumors and pieces of info (Harry Knowles had memorized and printed the first paragraph of the opening crawl), but there wasn't any dialogue or detailed scenes. I just remember feeling like I was coming up to a small oasis after wandering a desert for 16 years when I read the trailer description. An oasis of OFFICIALness. Official dialogue. Official scenes. Not knowing what they meant but letting my imagination go wild. Seeing the actual trailer was cool but I was put off by the way Yoda looked and by some of the visuals like the white glare around Mace's head and the weird way the STAPs moved, so it wasn't *as perfect* an experience as reading the description. That didn't stop me from watching the trailer 58309458038503 times, however.

3. What is your favorite Star Wars possesion? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

Two piece Vader helmet and mask my dad bought me soon after ROTJ was released, I believe. Pretty authentic looking. He presented it me by wearing it on his face as he walked into my bedroom at night. Then I moved to the living room couch as he changed my bed sheets.

4. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

Heck, no. I still don't believe it. I mean, the Empire is destoyed. The Sith are destroyed. All is made well in the Universe and they took a family picture with the ewoks. Narratively speaking, it seemed beyond unlikely. Also, I thought Lucas would take the rights to the grave with him.

5. Luckily, he didn't. Speaking of Lucas, what would in your view be his ideal level of involvement with the ST?

Pretty much exactly the way he described what it actually is, except he never mentioned being a consultant on questions about the previous movies. That's the only thing I would add.

6. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

Excitement, tempered by curiosity. Also, my dad had passed away the previous year, and I honestly think finding out that news was the only time since where I felt the urge to tell him something for a split second before realizing I couldn't act on that urge.

7. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

Yes. As I mentioned before, the moment of reading the TPM teaser trailer description was my fave. I also liked the moment of reading "Episode One Title Announced" on the official site, and taking a few moments just to savor the excitement I was feeling before clicking the link to see what it was. When I actually read the title, I remember thinking "wow. I must have the complete wrong idea of what the movie's about" because it sounded like a mystery where the central concern of everyone is "who is this mysterious person causing all this havoc?" It turns out the movie focused on that question in a couple of brief scenes/lines. I also remember thinking it didn't sound very "Star Warsy" and had a hard time digesting it. But the moment *right before* finding out the title was awesome! I am looking forward to giving myself those few moments of excitement before finding out Episode 7's title, and hopefully having an Episode 7 first trailer description as well.

8. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

As much as I can be. I always watch Star Wars movies a billion times and the experience of any one of those times is never ruined by the fact that I've seen it before. So it doesn't matter if I've read the book, the comic and listened to the soundtrack a thousand times, if it's a good movie, I'm going to have a good experience watching it. Reading spoilers only makes the experience of waiting all the more enjoyable, because it's like putting puzzle pieces together and I'm a puzzle fanatic. I'm going to make an awesome old man in a nursing home one day, because I will finally have the time to put all the jigsaw puzzles I want together.

9. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

Don't really have any. I'm sure some of these theories will bear out beautifully, but there just aren't any that jump out at me. I guess the least "eh" one is probably Plagueis being alive and the main villain. Wait, wait, WAIT! Let me explain. I jthink it makes sense that someone who spent his life cheating death would be able to cheat his own. As powerful as Sidious was, his overconfidence was, as Luke noted, his weakness. When your weakness is overconfidence, it means you don't always check your back (he offers Luke Vader's position, which doesn't work, and then he doesn't stop to consider this just might make Vader reconsider his loyalty?) So I can easily see Sidious being similarly averse to looking both ways before crossing Plagueis. And consider the name Plagueis. If the ST is to be the climax of the Saga, you need a villain that's going to put the galaxy in a worse situation than did the Empire. The only worse situation than a galaxy dominated by an evil Empire that I can think of is a galaxy dominated by a vast uncivilized network of demonic warriors. A Plague. So he's got that name thing going for him. Finally, if the ST is to feel like part of the same tale as the other two trilogies, it's much better to have a main villain who is already alluded to in the others than to make up a new one completely from scratch. Then it's like "Oh, heeeyyy. You've never heard of me but I just thought I'd pop in and cause trouble." Blecch. It's very crucial to me that whoever the antagonist(s) are, that they arise in connection with the events of the previous films.

10. And the least favorite?

Palpatine surviving in any form. If that death of his in ROTJ wasn't real, than how can we believe any death? And if we can't believe any death, we'll never have that good sense of relief we get from murdering someone. I think I wrote too much.

11. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST and who would you cast to play him?

I don't have an ideal main villain (though I like the Plagueis idea), but like I mentioned briefly in question 8, I feel strongly that any antagonists should develop from events in the previous films. Perhaps as a logical consequence of those events. For example, one idea I have would be for the bulk of opposition to consist of force sensitives who fall into one of two groups: 1)Older people (in their sixties/seventies) who grew up fearing destruction from the Empire and hid their powers. These people would have fallen into Dark Side practice easily because of their fear and the lack of Light Side mentors around. They wouldn't have honed it to potent degrees like the Sith, because there are no Dark Side mentors around either. 2)Younger people who grew upafter the Empire fell that were trained by people from group 1. These two groups would form a network of chaotic and demonic warriors plaguing the entire galaxy. Lotta red lightsabers going on, very few of the other colors. As for who to cast, if the main villain is Plagueis, the actor would probably be very made-up and so I suppose I would focus on a really cool and distinct voice, rather than a look. I would look at a pool of broadway actors. Theatre actors have two things going for them in a Star Wars movie: 1)great voices/skill 2)being relatively unknown to the general public. Heck, I'm a theatre nut, and even I'm only familiar with a handful of broadway actors.

12. And the Hero?

I'd like it to be a Skywalker(s) or Solo(s) (gender doesn't matter) or some combination of the two, so that the films can continue the genetic rhymes of the other two trilogies (tendency to help loved ones in spite of duty, dealing with anger and impatience, etc.) I'd prefer it to be played by a skilled unknown.

13. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

A drunk with a heart of gold. A Jedi who is secretly a dark sider. A civilized bird-ish alien. A stressed-out neurotic leader. Chopper?

14. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

Any that JJ always puts in (I think there's a soda brand he sticks into all his films?), George Lucas, 1138, some PT and OT aliens in the background

15. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

I am optimistic at this point. Mainly because of the music and direction talent. I'm hoping that John Williams doesn't die or run out of energy before he gets to score this film. His scores are a giant part of the Star Wars experience for me. I've seen all 4 of JJ's films, and have been consistently unable to tear myself away from watching 3 of them whenever they're on (I saw Super 8 in the theatre, but haven't seen it since), so I know the story will move along at an engaging pace. Yes, I'd say I'm optimistic!

16. Would you like to see a new director for every movie or have Abrams do them all?

It doesn't make much of a difference to me, except that practically speaking, I doubt JJ will do the next one unless they push up the release date. A 2017 release of Episode VIII, even in December, would put principle photography in May of 2016: not a lot of time for JJ to prep it considering his film releases just five months prior. JJ doesn't seem like the type of fellow who wants to rush things.

17. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

Nothing weirdly specific but I would love Luke Skywalker's entrance to be proceeded by some villains getting tossed around in the air and then smashed together by an unseen force push, and then falling unconscious to the ground. Unseen, of course, until we see that it's Luke. I would like some collect shorts-ruining moments like that.

18. What do you think the fates of the Big Three will be?

I think all three will die at different points in the trilogy. I see Han and Leia dying together at the end, with Luke making a sacrifice in the first one.

19. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

CGI series set from 896 BBY to 797 BBY, chronicling Yoda's 99 year journey as a jedi learner from birth to acquiring Jedi Knight status and his first padawan apprentice.

20. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Nay, for the very selfish and superficial reason that in my ideal world, John Williams scores every saga film. That he may live to score three more seems reasonable. That he may live to score six more doesn't.

Of course, there's a chance he may die before the ST is complete, in which case I will not get to live in my ideal world. In that case, I would actually think it would be better narratively to begin a new saga with VII and end at XII, rather than try to put some kind of cap on it with VII-IX.

However, if the story of VII - IX wraps the whole saga up narratively, then a definite nay to X-XII. Even if it were the beginning of a new nine part saga, it would be better to rename it and start from Episode I again, then have a X-XVIII numbering system. Once you have three different numerals, people won't read it. They'll just say Episode Whatever-the-hell

21. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

Empire. It just has best balance of all the great Star Wars elements: story-telling, music, characters, sweeping vistas, and operatically dramatic moments. I don't mean that you necessarily can take each one of these and say that Empire features the best of that particular one, but I think Empire does excel at each and integrates them the most seamlessly with one another.

22. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

Vader's redemption. Here was this guy I was so accustomed to fearing, and when my five-year old self saw him break through that persona and become good and do a good thing for our hero, it gave me hope for humanity. It made me feel like anyone, no matter how awful they might be, can come back to the light so that we don't have to fear them anymore. Even at that young age, it had a powerful impression on me and on how I view humanity. To this day, I still believe that no one is beyond hope. Part of it is my Christian background, but it's strikes a particular chord in that ROTJ moment.

23. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

The director and writer of the prequel films. I LOVE the prequel story. I love the tragedy of Anakin's journey and the very necessary, yes I said necessary, events shown in episodes I, II, and III. The story of a child that has the burden of "galactic savior" thrust upon him (I), the confusion of not being allowed to follow his heart (II) and the attempt to shed these burdens by deciding to serve only himself(III) That story needed to be told to get the full impact of his redemption (VI). Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to fully experience this story, I was distracted by the manner in which it was told. I have no doubt the Prequels came from Lucas's heart. I just don't think he was very skilled in those two aspects of production.

24. Who would be your ideal directors for the Prequel Trilogy?

Anyone who hadn't taken so long a break from directing, that they didn't undergo a growth period. The Prequel Trilogy was inherently more complex than the original trilogy and, imo, Lucas wasn't able to find a way to engage the audience in the story because of it. To his credit, I'm not exactly sure who could have. But if I had my choice to pick, it would probably have been Speilberg.

25. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

My Star Wars quotes are always appropriate.

26. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

Story teller at ewok parties. Great audience.

27. Any particular story you'd tell them first, to avoid being instantly eaten?

If storytelling at Ewok parties were my profession, I would think it would be them hiring me. I don't know that they would be in the habit of eating their story tellers, but I guess if I were in a situation where it looks like that might be the case, or maybe I lost my professional ID, I'd tell them the story of how I got to their moon and throw a god in it. That seems to influence them somewhat. If that didn't work, I'm not sure any story I tell would stay their teeth. Running would be the next thing I'd try. Running whilst shouting "I'm coming, Elizabeth"

28. Favorite Force ability?

Force leap.

29. What's your stance on the Expanded Universe? What do you think of it's current state and what do you think they have planned for it's future?

I have no idea, as I have zero interest in the EU. I used to read some of the Kevin J. Anderson novels back in college, to get my Star Wars fix while waiting for the Special Editions to come out. It just wasn't the same kind of feeling, however. Outside of that, I never really got into the EU. It was always the continuing narrative of that one Star Wars story in the films that kept my interest. After ROTS, I lost interest in Star Wars until I heard about Episode VII.

30. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

Acting is my first love, but since my stroke, I've laid off of it. I'm always fascinated by story telling and love to create stories, either as written fiction, making films, or just in my head. I love video editing. I love programming and am currently going for my masters in web development.

31. What kind of stories do you most enjoy creating? Care to maybe even share a short synopsis of your favorite story?

Any kind of story. I'm just fascinated by the art of storytelling. I'm currently writing screenplays for short films, one of which is a detective story and one which is a dark comedy/science fiction story. The problem is that I don't want to give my identity away and my favorites are either published or are planning to be published. I also don't wish to have someone in a public forum take one of my original stories and use it as their own. Even if it's a story registered with the WGA, I'd rather not have the hassle. I guess the safest thing would be to paste my story idea for Episode 7, incomplete as it may be. It's basically an opening crawl and basic story set up:

Episode VII
    CHILDREN OF THE PURGE

It is a time of reformation in the galaxy. For three long decades since the fallen Empire, the Alliance to Restore the Republic has fought to disband the remaining pockets of Imperial resistance.

Over the course of these hopeful years, Luke Skywalker has struggled to build and maintain a new order of Jedi Knights to assist the increasingly powerful Alliance.

As the Empire's final stronghold in the core system of Tanjay is surrounded by an Alliance armada, two padawan learners prepare to lead the system's liberation, beginning the era of a new Republic....

First half hour of the movie deals with the battle over and on the main planet in Tanjay. The imperial leader is the last of recent padawans who had left Luke's order to use the Dark Side. He is turned back to the light by a sacrificial act from one of the padawans and he helps them defeat the rest of the Imperial forces. However, once they return to Coruscant in victory, the senate votes to separate force sensitives from the New Republic, due the dangers of the Dark Side on the body politic. No sooner does this happen, then dark side terrorists begin attack thousands of New Republic systems at once. No longer affiliated with the Jedi, the New Republic cannot enlist their assistance and are overwhelmed by the terrorists. The rest of the movie follows Luke, Han and Leia's attempts to find the terrorist leaders and stop them. The Big 3 Allie themselves with Luke's padawans. The title refers to the fact that the force sensitive terrorist leaders were children of Jedi who were forced to hide from the purge and repressed their powers for fear of being discovered by the Sith. The victory at Endor freed them up to use their powers, but by then they were so entrenched in the Dark Side (fear), they could bear to learn the Jedi way.

32. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

Just got into the Hunger Games. Like the Paranormal Activity movies, except #4. Was always fascinated by the Nightmare on Elm Street films. Even the worst of them were pretty creative. I like JJ's Trek thus far. Aliens. I think I liked all the franchise of the 80's growing up (Police Academy, Karate Kid, Indiana Jones, etc.)

33. Any specific goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year?

I hope to have a new job and to successfully complete the two provisional courses in order to be enrolled in the graduate program, and to have at least two non-provisional grad courses under my belt.

-------------------

That would be all for this week, loyal subjects of the Empire! Tune in next thursday (or we'll shoot up your car, house, planet, whatever...) for another exciting transmission! Thanks to Darth_Articulate for taking the time to fill these out and thank you for reading ;)

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Insightful read.

Also, title & OP edited.

22. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Thank you for letting me do that. That was fun!

StoneRiver, Immortiss, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    good interview guys.

Darth_Articulate i too was hugely affected by (the) TPM teaser trailer. it was actually seeing the trailer at a theatre, before a movie that caught me off guard. I remember the green lucusfilm logo, then some strange alien beasts walking towards me, through a foggy swamp (that was the teaser trailer?) anyway, it was the first i knew of the prequals. thanks for reminding me - good times.

on a seperate note, i drifted into the PT boards last week, and in a thread called was anakin insane i made flippant remark, and was pounced on by one of the regulars. he had a point, but was so dogmatic, that it wore me down. i came away from there, but it got me thinking about darth vader's redemption, and as it's something you touched upon here's what i came to. darth vader redeemed himself with murder - how is that redemption, from being a murderer? i guess he did say some kind words with his last breath though.

anyway, all the best

24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I believe it's called Star Wars Legacy and it's awesome.

25. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks, Darth Punk. What affected me as a five year old child wasn't so much the idea that Vader redeemed himself as the idea that he no longer wanted to do what he'd been doing, meaning our heroes no longer had to fear him, and didn't have to kill him to do it. Meaning my fiver year old self didn't have to fear him anymore. Whether it was just or unjust was not a concern.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.