main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Every two weeks seems like a good idea.

EHT likes this.
  2. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]ATTENTION ALL PERSONNEL[​IMG]

There have been some minor adjustments to our transmission schedules, since, as some of you may have noticed, the better part of our crew was wiped out in rather inconvenient gas leak. Although we were convinced that the leak was minor, it appears that those who did the convincing were woefully wrong. As a result, they've been shot out of an airlock and used as target practice. In unrelated news, we can confirm that the new CB-366 Mid-Range missiles are quite up to their promised specs.

From now on, until we hear from our Command Relay, we will be changing the publication schedule to once every 14 days.

No need to panic, everything is under control and I'm sure we will get our reinforcements once our comrades finish celebrating what must've been a glorious victory above Endor!

[​IMG]
    A spontaneous and modest outburst of patriotism.

Without further delay, allow me to present TiniTinyTony , this week's detainee of honor!

----------------

1. How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums?

I remember sitting in my dorm room, searching for Star Wars Episode II info on the web and coming across the trailer on TheForce.net. At the end of the article was a link to discuss the trailer in the forums. I remember clicking on that link and then reading in the forums that the trailer combined scenes from Braveheart, Last of the Mohicans and other movies. I remember people being angry because it was believed to be real at first, especially since it contained scenes for actors that had been confirmed for Episode II like Hayden Christensen and Christopher Lee but it was most certainly fan-made.

2. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

Seeing the midnight premiere of Episode III at my local theater with my brother and sister.

3. What is your favorite Star Wars possession? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

I do love my bloody stump Bespin Luke, but all my figures have been in boxes for years so the thing I love the most are probably my three prequel posters. I really like Drew Struzan’s art work. I hope they get him to do the posters for the next trilogy.

4. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

No. When George Lucas said he wasn’t going to do them I believed him. It seemed that he would never pass them on to anyone else so I was definitely surprised when he did.

5. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

My gut reaction was definitely mixed based on Disney’s past history with other properties. I remain optimistic that with Lucasfilm staying intact and whole as an organization that there is hope for the Sequel Trilogy.

6. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

I was a lurker for a long time and I tried my best to avoid Episode II spoilers, but I found it to be very difficult. I was FULLY spoiled for Episode III. I loved being part of the 3SA forum, and getting named Sir Redundant of the Knights of the 3SA. I even signed up for “Hyperspace” on starwars.com and I enjoyed watching the webcam and reporting in the 3SA what I saw, which was mostly nothing and a huge tease.

7. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

I’m trying my best not to be TOO spoiled, but it’s hard when every media source is reporting the biggest news at the time so when I read about some big news I find myself coming to the 7SA to see what other fans are saying about it.

8. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

At this time, I haven’t seen any good or bad theories.

9. Maybe have a theory of your own you'd like to share? As general or as specific as you want, dealing with any aspect of the ST?

It’s difficult to say. Right now the only things we know for sure is that the movie takes place 30 years after the events of ROTJ, and it may borrow, but not retell ideas post ROTJ from the EU. We recently got the official cast announcement and people are just guessing on who these new actors could possibly be. I suppose it’s a good assumption that since Andy Serkis has done motion capture in the past that he will do that in Star Wars, but maybe not. He has a unique face; maybe he’ll wear prosthetics and be an alien. Maybe he’s the villain; he played a great one in LOTR. It’s anyone’s guess right now. It seems the majoirty want to connect the OT to the EU and give everyone offspring.

10. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST and who would you cast to play him?

My ideal villain is flawed, has a personality and is actually likable. I thought Ralph Fiennes did a fantastic job as Voldemort and I was sad that the movies didn’t show his back story of being conceived when his father was under the influence of a love potion, thus resulting in Voldemort never being able to love. It actually made me feel sorry for him since that wasn’t his fault. But he didn’t have much personality and wasn’t very likable as villains go. One likeable villain was Hans Gruber in Die Hard. So in other words, the ideal villain would be the combination of Voldemort and Hans and he’d probably be played by Alan Rickman.

11. And the Hero?

My ideal hero would also be flawed, have a personality and likable. Of course, the difference between the hero and the villain is that the hero makes the right/good choices where the villain makes the wrong/bad choices. I’d like Ryan Gosling or Emma Stone as the hero. Actually, I’d like both. They have great chemistry. The number one thing that the prequels lacked that the originals had was chemistry between the actors, so it’s very important that they have it.

12. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

A good comic relief character would be good as long as he wasn’t overly annoying.

13. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

It would be great if George Lucas was hidden in it, nothing obvious to distract from the film. Also, I hope they fit the 1138 reference in there somewhere.

14. What would in your view be the ideal level of Lucas' involvement with the ST and the future of Star Wars in general?

As much as I love George for creating this world of Star Wars, storytelling and directing are not his strong suit. He has a lot of great ideas and his logic appears to be sound, it just takes a person/team to translate that into something interesting and compelling to watch like Irvin Kershner did with Empire. So I’m all for Lucas being tapped for general advice, but that’s about it.

15. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

I’m optimistic as the movie’s storyline returns to the older era that the older generation grew up with. I think people are going to be excited to see what happens to their favorite characters from the original trilogy and that generation will take the new generation with them to experience it (I plan on taking my young nephews). A new trilogy is a fresh start and the potential is limitless. The unknown makes me anxious.

16. Would you like to have Abrams direct all the ST movies or have a new director brought in for 8 and 9?

If Abrams does a stellar job, I’d love for him to continue to do the others.

17. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

No, not really. Maybe given more specific info I could come up with something. Right now, it’s still too early.

18. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

I’d love to do a Yoda origin story, probably CGI. I’d want to show others of his kind, and how utopian of a society it was. Maybe a virus or something would wipe out the population of entire planet, leaving only a few left alive, like Yoda, Yaddle and a few other randoms that happen to be immune genetically. A powerful Sith comes to destroy any survivors. It’s revealed that this Sith put the virus on the planet in the first place based on a vision he had that a powerful Jedi lived on the planet. Yoda, knowing nothing of the Force, stricken with grief over the loss of his family and loved ones, accepts their loss, closes his eyes and embraces his own death as the Sith is about to end Yoda’s life with his red lightsaber. In that moment, Yoda taps into the Force for the first time, and a shockwave of energy emanates from him, thrusting the Sith back into something that ends his life. Later on, Yoda is tinkering with the Sith’s lightsaber, turns it on to reveal a green blade.

19. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Sure, why not?!

20. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

Empire.

Empire is a middle movie that doesn’t feel like a middle movie. As the audience, we were so satisfied and fell in love with the story from A New Hope that we craved and wanted to know what happens to our heroes next. The movie shows us that for every action there is a reaction and nothing good happens and that’s just like life.

The movie also offers all new locations that all feel real. I loved Yoda as a kid so that had a huge impact on me. Also, the whole Vader/Luke fight where Vader is pretty much toying with him is fantastic. I can’t think of one bad part of that movie. (Also, all the quotes, save for one, that I that I mention in question 19 are from Empire.)

21. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

As a child: “Impressive. Most impressive.”
    As a teenager: “Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
    As an adult: [“Here me, Leia.” “Luke.”] AND [“That’s impossible. No one can kill a Jedi.” “I wish that were so.”]

22. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

I know Anakin and Obi-wan had to be separated in Episode II to allow Anakin and Padme to fall in love, but I think the movie suffered due to their separation and I really enjoyed them working together in the Clone Wars. So even though they fought and really didn’t get a long, I would have had them paired up more, which may have resulted in some funny dialogue and actually seeing the change in Anakin happen rather than hearing him whine about it.

23. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

I probably came off as a jerk when my friends would say, “I’ll try”, and I would always say, “Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.”

24. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

I’d like to think that I’d be a Jedi, but I’d probably end up being a Sith.

25. What kind of Jedi? What would your focus be? What would be the big life lession you'd try to teach your padawan?

I just want the powers of the Force. I want them in my real life. It would be so much fun and convenient to be able to move things without physically touching them. I would also have a lot of fun with the Jedi mind trick, but I think that’s why I would end up becoming a Sith, or at the very least, a bad Jedi. I would use my powers for personal and financial gain.

26. ...aaand you ended up a Sith. What would be your Sith name and describe your ideal apparentice?

I probably wouldn’t take an apprentice because I don’t know how I would be able to trust anyone.

27. Favorite Force ability?

The ability to move things with the Force. I find myself Force pushing cars out of the way as they make a turn.

28. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

I love women, movies, and video games, in that order. J

29. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

TV franchises like The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, Lost, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones;
    Video game franchises like Legend of Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Final Fantasy;
    Movie franchises like Marvel Cinematic Universe, Harry Potter, the Lord of the Rings, Pixar, and Batman;
    The movies of Tarantino, Wes Anderson, Coen Brothers, and Chris Nolan…to name a few.

30. Any specific goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year?

To run 5 miles without stopping.

----------------

Thanks to TiniTinyTony for taking the time to fill these out and to you for staying with us through these turbulent and violent gas leakage times!

----------------

SOME NOTES:
    The schedule has been changed for several reasons. First off, my real life obligations are pressing in and keeping up the somewhat aggressive pace of one detailed interview per week would not be possible. Secondly, judging from some of the feedback it seems that it got a bit too much for the audience to follow as well since, in all honesty, these can take a while to read and it's easy to fall behind with all the other stuff going on across the boards and, of course, in real life. And finally, closely related to the "keeping up with the new interviews" reason is the fact that we have actually gotten some real news and, hopefully, the real news will keep coming on. With this in mind, it is reasonable and completely normal to have people focus more on the news and rumors and therefore have less of their browsing time to dedicate to other threads of a more social nature.

Also, since these interviews are sent out and filled out fairly in advance before being published, some of the replies may be a bit "out of sync" with the news we now have. Still, since we do not yet know much about the plot itself and only know the names of the cast, I consider that these do not require any significant editing before being published. In the coming interviews, questions will be somewhat changed and adapted to any new info we get, as we get it. Doing any bigger edits of already filled out interviews would only cause further delay and be quite tedious for everyone involved.

Besides, I'm sure we'll be around these boards for quite a few years to come and you know, new movies require new interviews so no worries there ;)

The Imperial Spoiler Surveillance Station is here to stay!

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks The Hellhammer! Some of the questions were tougher than I thought. Good thing I'm not famous and have to do interviews all the time. :)

4. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    These are so great.

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

:D

jedinightwing, Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  6. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Glad you folks are enjoying these ;)

7. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Cheers Hellhammer!

Dra---, Immortiss and The Hellhammer like this.
  8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Firstly TiniTinyTony what a great interviewee - you make me wish I had three hands (and three like buttons). Your opinions on most things are close to my own. With regards to chemistry in the lead actors being key to a good movie, I think the fact that Boyega and Ridley are both same generation London youths (yoot) there will be a shared experience and comfort in that (so to speak). They may well be overwhelmed working alongside the OT, and JJ, but as they are essentially two kids from the same neck of the woods, it could bring them closer together.

Finally The Hellhammer did I ever mention how sadistic your preambles are?

9. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    TiniTinyTony - great interview! it's good knowing more about you as we embark on this many-years journey of Star Wars goodness!

The Hellhammer - I love your preambles!

10. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    The Imperial Spoiler Surveillance Station is merely following the well established rules and regulations outlined in the third issue of the Imperial "Human / Xeno Relations Handbook", as listed in the Chapter VI: The Unregulated Remote Interrogation Facility, pages 78 to 95. Any and all complaints can be filed at our regional Archives Center. Due to the sensitive nature of data stored there, it is a bit farther out of the main population centers, but once you get there, you will be greeted by our friendly staff in the PR sector who will gladly deal with your concerns.

[​IMG]
    A friendly member of our PR unit, dealing with a concerned citizen.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah... you're welcome. You carried your Knighthood admirably.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Any users not happy with The Hellhammer 's preambles will be "dealt with". :p

13. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    These threads are going to be a joy to visit over the next several years!

14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    nice one guys =D=

Dra---, Immortiss and The Hellhammer like this.
  15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Great hearing from you, Tony. As always Hellhammer, thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Hellhammer likes this.
  16. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    >ACCESSING HOLONET...

>UPLINK ESTABLISHED

>STARTING TRANSMISSION, AUREK-19

[​IMG] ATTENTION ALL PERSONNEL [​IMG]

It has come to my attention that there have been some treacherous rumors going around the Imperial Spoiler Surveillance Station. These unfounded, seditious, downright heretical individuals dared claim that the reason for our reinforcements being late is that the Battle of Endor was in fact lost. These inchorenet ramblings cannot be tolerated and these individuals are in dire need of medical attention - we will not let our comrades succumb to madness! Unfortunately, Commander Metzger, the ISSS psychiatrist, was last seen near the Archive Storage sector, just before the gas leak. Him being so close to the place of origin of that unfortunate accidant that was in no way a sabotage and/or treason leaves no doubt that he did not survive the ordeal. Such unfortunate timing. But, do not despair, for the creative mind of Sergeant Varran has found an alternate solution for relieving our comrades' mental anguish. As soon as he located and isolated all the compromised personnel, he administered his innovative stress removal technique.

[​IMG]
    Fire is the ultimate purifier.

In honor of late Commander Metzger, we are proud to present a new installment of our still very popular Interview series, still popular despite a rapidly declining local audience.
    Please welcome HanSolo29

--------------------------

It’s hard to say exactly how I first stumbled across the boards, but I had been lurking for as far back as 1999-2000, before the move to the snowboards and in the midst of the TPM hype. It wasn’t until the Spring of 2001 that I actually registered. I believe my initial username was Jedi_Solo29 or something like that, but I realized I didn’t want to be associated with any of the Solo offspring, so I quickly changed over to my current incarnation and stuck around ever since. I can’t believe its been 13 years.

Hmm…there’s so many. I can say that I have it narrowed down to two – my trip to Celebration V in 2010 in Orlando, FL, where I finally got to meet my heroes in the flesh (Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher) and just to soak up the fan culture. It was really amazing to be able to interact (in-person) with so many fans from across the globe and to be a part of something special. My other would have to be the Where Science Meets Imagination event at the Franklin Institute in Philly back in 2008. We had so many 501st and Rebel Legion members present, it was unbelievable and the fun part was the interaction with the kids throughout the day. They truly believed we were the characters we were portraying and the looks on their faces when they come up to you in costume is something I will never forget. It was an awesome day of camaraderie and celebrating the Saga as a whole.

3. What is your favorite Star Wars possession? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

It’s a tie between my signed photos of the Big Three and my TK (stormtrooper) armor.

4. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

Honestly? No way. It was always a distant hope that one day it would happen, but I never thought it would actually materialize. Like so many others, I thought ROTS was it in terms of big screen outings.

5. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

It took a while to process, actually. When the news dropped, the east coast was in the midst of suffering the effects of Super Storm Sandy. We had lost power and at the time, I was without a smartphone, so I was totally cut off to the outside world. I went over to my aunt’s house for refuge until my power returned and as soon as I got in the door, my cousin blurted out the news about the buyout. I totally didn’t believe him at first, but elation quickly set in since it was combining two of my favorite things – Star Wars and Disney. After that, I plugged in my laptop and spent the rest of the night on the JC, server problems and all.

6. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

I was, and while it was a crazy time, I didn’t hang out in the PT forums all that much. From just my experience alone, when I was a mod, I remember being asked by some of the 3SA mods to help out with a particular trouble thread when they logged off for the night. I can’t remember what the topic was, exactly, but if you thought the CASTING RUMORS thread was bad, this was ten times worse as it was so close to release. That was one of my rare sightings in the spoiler forum and it was complete chaos.

Outside of the boards, I remember being ecstatic when I received the issue of Star Wars Insider that revealed all of the TPM characters. Even then, I loved to draw and immediately set out to draw my own poster featuring those characters. Getting the Insider in the mail was also a big deal at the time because I only had dial-up and was limited to how often I could use it. I couldn’t surf the internet for news like I can today, so most of my knowledge surrounding TPM came in print form or from news bits you saw on the TV.

7. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

At the moment, I plan to go all out. I had done the same for AOTC, ROTS and even Indy IV and it didn’t take away from my enjoyment of the final product in the least. Even being spoiled, you still don’t know exactly how it will play out on screen and that’s the fun of it.

8. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

Hmm…probably some of the ideas I’ve seen concerning the Big Three and where they will be 30 years after ROTJ. Since there isn’t much to go on plot wise, it’s easy to tackle the things that are familiar first.

9. And the least favorite?

This one is a bit easier to answer, unfortunately. It will certainly have to be the whole Darth Plaguis cult following and the idea that JJ and co are going to recast the Big Three with younger actors.

10. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST and who would you cast to play him?

I’m not sure if I’m sold on the whole idea of there being just one villain. I sorta like the idea of it being a group effort, so to speak. There will be the Sith/Dark Side user to battle the new generation of characters, preferably not related to anyone we’ve seen in the past (that means no secret apprentice or some long lost character in another form or some such nonsense). The galaxy is small enough as it is, it would be nice to expand outward a bit. One thing I can see, however, is to have this baddie claim to be someone he’s not to manipulate the heroes or to have gained his knowledge from those who came before him in the form of a holocron or something like that. So, you could still have that connection to the past. Other than the Sith character, it would also be nice to see some disgruntled Imperial Moff to harass the Big Three and to give them something to do throughout the course of the story. As for actors, I’m bad at that sort of thing, so I’ll just leave that one alone for now.

11. And the Hero?

Let’s keep this one nice and simple and go with the formula that worked for the OT with Luke. It would be nice to see someone who is a clear-cut good guy and not these gray characters that are so popular today. It makes it easier to find someone to root for, which I feel is the point of having a hero in the first place. Of course, they would still have their inner demons to battle – that’s part of the hero’s journey, after all. They still need to be human and relatable to the audience.

12. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

Here is where the gray characters can come into play. There are so many possibilities for this one, but I think I would like to see another Jedi character to be alongside the hero and perhaps a non-Force sensitive as well, whether that is a pilot, merchant, solider, etc. Oh yeah, you need to have an alien or two thrown in there as well.

13. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

I don’t have anything specific in mind, but it would be kinda neat to see some obscure Disney reference make an appearance somewhere. I’m a sucker for those kinds of things.

14. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

There’s a lot on the line for this first film and I think Disney will do everything in their power to get it right. For that reason alone, I’m feeling fairly confident that it will be pretty good. But of course, there’s always that shadow of doubt hanging at the back of my mind. If they stumble out of the gate, they could really alienate the fans, especially when so many are still jaded after the PT’s run. For now, I’m optimistic.

15. Would you like to see Abrams direct all the ST movies or have a new director brought in for Episodes 8 and 9?

Personally, I wouldn’t mind if Abrams stayed on for the whole ride. I’m actually a fairly big fan of his work/style and I think he will bring something special to Star Wars. Not to mention, I would think there would be more cohesion throughout the story if the same director was in charge of the entire trilogy.

16. What is, in your view, the ideal level of Lucas' involvement with the ST and the future of Star Wars in general?

Well, I can’t say I’m a fan of some of his decisions for the PT, but in the end, it is ultimately his creation and his world. I think he should certainly be involved with costumes, character design, world building and things like that. I would also like to see them stick to his general outline of what the ST should be. Beyond that, Abrams and co have control.

17. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

Honestly, I haven’t really imagined anything too specific. This era is such a blank slate, that I don’t even know where to begin (not counting the EU) and I’d rather not try to come up with something specific and set myself up for disappointment when it doesn’t play out on screen. But as long as there is some decent character development for the Big Three, I’ll be happy. That’s all I ever wanted to see ever since the PT was announced – the continuation of the Big Three’s story.

18. Speaking of EU, some big news on that front also, with the whole EU reboot thing. Any thoughts on that? What do you think the future holds for the EU?

Actually, it’s a relief. I’m not, by any means, a hater of the EU (I have bookshelves full of these books at home), but things were becoming too jumbled and the stories were really starting to become ridiculous and quite unbelievable. I really don’t see how any of it could’ve helped create a coherent and interesting story for the ST. There was way too much baggage and I’m glad that the new films will not be tied down by that. They now have free reign in this playground and I’m really excited to see what they come up with. Not to mention, I’m quite thrilled about the clean slate. We’re heading into the unknown once more and we’re along for the ride from the very beginning.

19. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

Well, I’d have to go with my old pal, Han, and do a series focused on him. It would be animated (probably in the vein of TCW or Rebels) and it would be a mini-series of sorts that followed his life up until his meeting with Luke and Obi-Wan in Mos Eisley. It would answer such pressing questions (for me, anyway) such as how he met/saved Chewbacca, how he earned those Bloodstripes, his acquisition of the Falcon, what exactly happened between him and Lando and perhaps even his early life growing up and his time in the Imperial Navy. It would be loosely based on snippets we’ve gathered over the years or we’ve assumed to be true, but it would be a completely new story and not based on any previous material written on the subject in the EU (except for maybe some tidbits in Brian Daley’s Han Solo Adventures).

20. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

At this point, I would have to say no. Star Wars has been said to be a nine-part story and I feel that after we hit Episode IX, that should be the end. The main, episodic films of the Saga would be over, but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t start again with a brand new story. There are so many possibilities to explore in the GFFA and I would love to see another aspect of it explored on film. Everything doesn’t have to revolve around the Skywalkers.

21. What era of the GFFA timeline would you like to see explored next? Would it be in stand alone movie form or maybe start a new Saga with new heroes and villains?

Hmm…I would probably like to go far into the future. The idea of another Saga does appeal to me, but you would need to make sure that you distance it far enough away from the current set of films so that you don’t have any extra baggage.

22. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

I might be boring here, but The Empire Strikes Back. The character development alone is enough to win me over. Not to mention, I think it’s the film that allows Han to really shine as a character.

23. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

The carbon-freezing chamber, hands down. I also get choked up at the end of ROTJ with Luke setting the funeral pyre on fire with the Force theme soaring in the background. The music plays a huge role in making an emotional impact and without it, I doubt I would see those scenes in the same light.

24. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

Anakin’s fall to the Dark Side. It happened all too fast and it felt very disjointed.

Also, does reverting the OT back to the originals (pre-SE) count?

25. How would you have portrayed Anakin's fall?

I had no issues with the build-up and the hints that were placed throughout the trilogy. It was the main decision where Anakin decides to kneel before Palpatine and beyond. That was way too fast and I’ve always felt that ROTS could have been divided into two films. As it is now, it is busting at the seams and as a result, Anakin’s turn is rushed. I would have liked to see more of his inner struggle after what happened with Mace and perhaps even a refusal before giving himself over. This is a major decision in his life and I felt that it deserved more attention than a simple kneel and proclamation that he is a now Darth Vader. He was obviously anguished over his decision to intervene and then he simply…gave in.

26. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

I…can’t really think of an example. I guess I need to try harder on that (or maybe not).

27. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

Probably a pilot.

28. What kind of pilot? Military, smuggler, racer or just a regular civilan?

Probably just a regular civilian. Boring, I know, but hey, it’s realistic.

29. What kind of ship would you fly and what would you name it?

Well, given that I’m a fan of the old-school muscle cars and I drive a Mustang in real life, it will probably be something along those lines – small, sleek and fast. I’m not really privy to all the different ship designs and their specs, so I’ll let you fleet junkies decide what that translates into in the SW universe.

30. Favorite Force ability?

Jedi Mind Trick

31. Well, since there was no least appropriate use of a SW quote... what would be the least appropriate use of the Jedi Mind Trick? Be honest now

Let’s see…does trying to get your friend to pay your food bill count? I’m bad at this…lol

32. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

Well, as you can tell from my title, I’m an illustrator/graphic designer, so the majority of my time (when I’m not posting here) involves drawing. I’m also pretty big into role playing – the text-based kind – and I frequent the RPF boards here on the JC quite often. I’m also a member of the 501st Legion (currently working my way to joining the Rebel Legion as well) and I follow baseball fairly closely (GO PHILLIES!) And finally, I’m a HUGE Disney aficionado and I love anything to do with the films and the theme parks. I visit the parks quite often and one of my favorite past-times is researching the rich history surrounding them.

33. Personally, I'm very interested in knowning a bit more about the 501st. What's it like being a member? How often do you folks get together for events? What kind of events? How do you folks make / acquire your gear? Anything you'd like to share about that experience would be very interesting, I'm sure.

What originally drew me to the group was the cosplaying aspect and creating a screen-accurate costume that looked like it came directly out of the film. Once I was an official member, it was so much more – the 501st gives so much back to community by participating in charities and other fundraising events. The best part is getting to see a child smile when they come face-to-face with their heroes. And yes, plenty of children consider Darth Vader and his stormtroopers heroes thanks to the efforts of the 501st. In my area, or garrison as we like to call them (PA, DE and WV), we typically have anywhere from 1-3 events per week, usually on the weekends. Those can range from a library visit, convention, sporting event/concert, community event and we’ve even had some high-profile Lucasfilm events thrown in there as well. It’s really quite an experience and I recommend anyone who is even considering the possibility of joining to check out your local garrison for information.

34. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

None that I follow as closely as Star Wars. Although, I do enjoy the new Battlestar Galactica, Indiana Jones and I’m just starting to get into The Hunger Games and Game of Thrones. I have an 'on again, off again' relationship going on with The Walking Dead as well.

35. Any specific goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year?

Well, I would love to take the next big step in terms of my art career. I've been doing sketch cards for a while and I feel that it's time that I move forward to the next big thing. I'm currently preparing my portfolio for a potential project later this year and into next.

--------------------------

Ah, it is always a pleasure to host a fellow humanitarian hero, much like our own Sergeant Varran and Commander Metzger before him. It's been an honor to have a member of the elite 501st as our guest in this transmission! HanSolo29, the ISSS personnel (the live ones) salute you!

17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Another great set of interviews. Loved your interviews guys @TinyTinyTiny HanSolo29!

HanSolo29 and The Hellhammer like this.
  18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Great interview peeps. I think the 501st are the best thing since sliced bread

HanSolo29 and The Hellhammer like this.
  19. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  20. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
  21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    HanSolo29 Glad to hear the sentiment of "I don't mind the whole EU re-branding thing" from someone whose actually read a fair number of those books... it's refreshing to see. And it's always great to have another baseball fan around here, even if you root for the Phillies. :p

Wonderful interview!
    :D

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I am glad for the longer schedule as I get behind even then... as is now!

Great interviews both TinyTinyTony and HanSolo29! And as always great job The Hellhammer!
    =D=

The Hellhammer and DarthWilliams like this.
  23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    > ISSS DETACHMENT PROCEDURE OMEGA 6 ACTIVATED

> STAND BY

> DETACHMENT SUCCESSFUL

> ALL SYSTEMS... FUNCTIONAL

[​IMG]ATTENTION ALL HANDS [​IMG]

As many of you have noticed, we have just initiated Procedure Omega 6 which, as all of you should be familiar with releases the ISSS from it's undisclosed asteroid base and allows us to relocate in case of emergency. A severe shortage of hands (both crewmembers and literal lost limbs as well) constitutes such an emergency. Gentlemen, we are now on a fully operational Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, free to continue with our 20-year mission of information gathering.

[​IMG]
    We would like to invite you for a talk.

The times are changing, men, and we must adapt if we are to survive and continue to bring educational greatness to the far reaches of the galaxy... by any means necessary. The sheer amount of information we have been recieving about these rumored "spoilers" has many on edge and dozens of systems cry out for Imperial protection! Of course, we could use a few thousand conscripts as well - it's not easy flying a Star Destroyer with 34 people.

[​IMG]
    You better come in peace or else...

And now, to start off this glorious new age in the history of the Imperial Education and Annexation System is our guest dolphin ! He tells a story of wonder and joy, to which all can relate... unless they wish to be summarily executed.

----------------------

Prior to the summer/early fall of 1998, my information came from AintitCoolNews and Corona Coming Attractions. When we got the title (I could have sworn it was going to be “Balance of the Force”), well…as the late Biggie Smalls once said, my hunger was unexplainable. My appetite for rumors/scoops/set pics went into overdrive. No longer satisfied with Corona and AICN, I fired up the ole Alta Vista and Excite.com search engines and went hunting for more information. Eventually I came across Theforce.net and then the forums. Rest is history.

Definitely my first exposure to Star Wars which was unique. You see, I was born in 1979 so my formative years occurred after the OT. I grew up in a strict, very conservative home, and we didn’t watch that many movies. I had never heard of Star Wars. I was, however, a voracious reader. One day, in 4th grade I visited my elementary school library during recess. I saw a novelette called Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Never heard of it but I liked the cover, so I checked it out. I could not put it down.

For some reason it didn’t dawn on me that I was reading the conclusion of a larger saga. I didn’t care, I LOVED this story. Then something shocking happened. About midway through, there was a section with several images from the movies. *shock* That was the first time I realized these books were adapted from movies that had already come out!

I asked my mother if she would rent the VHS tapes from the local video store for me. I showed her the book then opened up to the picture section. She took one look at Salacious Crumb and said no way. hahaha.

I never forgot that book and found out there were two prequels (but never found the books for those). Eventually I discovered the movies on my own, about two years later. By this time I was 12. There was a Star Wars marathon and I watched them all. I loved EVERYTHING about these movies (Yoda, Han/Leia, Palpatine, Mon Mothma..haha, everything) and I am as passionate about them now as I was then.

Everyone of us had a unique path toward finding/discovering/falling in love with Star Wars. I guess it's kind of like life when you find that special someone or uncover that calling in your life. How you got there is a beautiful story in its own right. At first it was a little embarrassing to talk about my late, helter-skelter, introduction to this universe but it’s my story and I embrace it.

3. That truly is a great story. Most of us watched these movies as kids and at such a young age there are often some rather funny misconceptions you have. I know I had my fair share of them, hah. Any interesting early years Star Wars misconceptions?

Not until years later did I realize the droid names were spelled C-3PO and R2-D2. The novellete I read as a child which ushered me into the world of Star Wars always spelled them out phonetically. SEE-THREE-PEE-O and ARTOO-DEETO. haha

4. What is your favorite Star Wars possession? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

I consider myself a hardcore fan but I’ve never been a collector. I have the movies and tv series and that’s enough for me. I should probably try to find the book adaptations I read as a kid. I wonder if my alma mater elem school still has it. Haha
    I just finished watching this video and I have an urge to buy some Star Wars paraphernalia. I think I’ll start with the new canon books.

5. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

I figured that after George Lucas’ death there would be pressure by his estate to press for more movies. I gave it a low but significant probability of something like that happening but thought a remake of the original movies would be just as likely. I hope a remake never happens in my lifetime but I think it’s inevitable. Disney will have a bad quarter in 2040something and shareholders will want something “fresh.”
    Looking back before the announcement, it was almost as if we were in the dark ages. We were all living in a world Episode I-VI was it. No chance of future more movies, at least for the foreseeable future. Now, there is a new hope.

6. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

A mixed reaction. Shock then Concern then Excitement. I could not believe Lucas would give up Star Wars while he was still alive. This was his baby. I was then blown away by the news that there would be an Episode VII-IX. Wow!
    My excitement died down after thinking about the implications. I considered the prospects of a major corporation, beholden to shareholders, making Star Wars material. I am still a little concerned about oversaturation and dilution of Star Wars. My reservations are alleviated to some extent by how Disney has handled the Marvel Universe and to a lesser extent Pixar after their acquisitions. I also applaud the involvement of JJ Abrams, Kennedy, and Kasdan. It looks like Disney is taking a careful approach (even if it frustrates fans who want the movie out yesterday). The fact that Disney obtained the properties at a pittance price will ease pressure to do too much too fast. Fingers crossed. Overall though, I’m excited. I’ve always wanted an Episode VII-IX and I’m glad it’s happening while the Big 3 are still with us.

7. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

I was definitely around. There are so many great moments, the Pic of the Week (or was it Month?) on Star Wars.com or casting news, would cause the forums would explode. We would spend pages analyzing Obi-Wan’s hairbraid. I mentioned this on the boards already but looking back the funniest moment was when we tried deciphering the chants in Duel of the Fates. A spy said it sounded like “ratata COLAAAAAH, mata” with more “COLAAAHHH” added in and we’re trying to figure out what it means. Folks were also panicking because of the use of vocals in a John Williams score (outside cantina or celebration scenes). They didn’t understand how it could possibly work.

I still haven’t answered your question because my favorite moment came after a forum led campaign to put a Jedi “Braveheart” charge scene in AOTC appeared to work. We knew AOTC would be the first Star Wars film featuring multiple Jedi in battle. A lot of us specifically called for that kind of scene. I recall creating a thread entitled “Will we see a Braveheart scene in Episode II?”, something to that effect. Anyway, sometime later TheForce.net posted either a spy report from a Lucasfilm source that there would indeed be a Braveheart scene! If you watch the arena battle and later on, you can see Jedi charging. There’s a good chance that scene was storyboarded long ago but I’d like to think we had an impact there. :)

Another favorite moment, well one that was memorable, came when a group of us spread a false rumor of a “Darth Kimball” that would appear in AOTC. Aint it Cool News and Corona News picked up the rumor and ran with it as we kept building up the mythology through “spy reports”. I’m more mature now but that was a moment for the ages. I also considered myself a non-active member of the Cult of the Blue Yoda, started by innocent yet very peculiar conjecturing by a new forum member. Oldtimers will know what I’m talking about. Any Top 10 Forum Moment must include the CBY. Good times. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-blue-yoda-society-thread.6832842/

One other great moment was the screening of Meet Joe Black. This was the first movie that featured the TPM teaser. I skipped my college class that Friday and travelled an hour downtown to see it. I was one of many people to walk out of the theater after the teaser. Never did get around to seeing that movie. I think Brad Pitt was in it. Haha. Anyway, I got interviewed by USA Today outside the theater afterward. Not bad for 30 seconds work. :)

8. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

You know, good question. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being knowing pretty much everything, I’ll say a 5. The Abu Dhabi set picture got me starting to think about how far I want to go. With the prequels I knew how everything was going to end but I can’t imagine not knowing the overall story arc for the sequel trilogy. Let me rephrase that, I can’t imagine having the self-control to not find out. If I see that secrets and leaks are getting hot and heavy, I’ll go over to the NS forum. Given JJ Abrams predilection for secrecy, I don’t think spoiler levels will ever go beyond a 5/10. I know Kathleen (we’re on a first name basis) has talked about being open with the fanbase but I think JJ’s standard operating procedures will win out.

9. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

One of the Solo kids emerging as the arch villain.

10. And the least favorite?

A tie between Ghost Palpatine and Obi-Wan fathering children. I think most fans disagree with me but I don’t like the idea of Jedi marrying. Ideally, if they’re not in a temple studying the ways of the force, they are a hermit like Obi-Wan doing the same. However, I think a great subplot would be a force-sensitive Solo kid (or Skywalker if they ignore me and go that route) finding true love despite being a padawan and Luke’s instructions to avoid all distractions. His/her descent to the dark side would be triggered in part by a tragedy involving their true love (ala Padme).

11. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST and who would you cast to play him?

I like the idea of an Admiral Thrawn type character, played by Hugo Weaving. Someone with regal bearing and a keen tactical mind and perhaps some enhanced physical powers of some sort. Of course that means no Sith as the main villain but I’m ok with that. Perhaps the force sensitive Skywalker/Solo son or daughter could be the Enforcer, somewhat similar to the Tarkin/Vader relationship.

12. And the Hero?

Luke Skywalker for the win. He’s my 2nd favorite character (after R2-D2). A true hero. His evolution through the OT, from the binary sunset scene to his awesome entrance in ROTJ, is a big part of what makes the OT so great. I would love to see him emerge victorious, yet again, at the end of Episode IX. I realize though that we have to make way for the new generation. I’m not yet acquainted with the new characters so I have to go with what’s familiar.

13. What do you think the fates of the Big Three will be?

Given Harrison’s well known distaste for the Han Solo character and expressed desire that he be killed off – I can see that very thing happening. I highly doubt we’ll see Han in Episode VIII. I am fully convinced he will be killed in Episode VII and his death will be a turning point in the story. It will be painful to watch just thinking about it. I fully expect him to die in the MF.

The Skywalker twins are a different matter. I think there is a good chance we’ll see Leia survive the entire trilogy but I don’t see her having much screen-time past Episode VII (i.e. Jar Jar). Luke is the toughest of them all. I’m 50/50 most of the time over whether he will live or die. At the time of this writing I am slightly leaning towards him dying at the hands of a Sith in Episode VIII or even IX. Another huge event in the story arc. That would also be painful to watch.

14. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

So I really liked WAC-47 in the Col Gascon/D-droids story arc in Season 5 of The Clone Wars. WAC-47 was funny in a way that’s appealing to kids and adults alike and most importantly, he was integral to the story. Jar Jar on the other hand was a bumbling mess of sight gags and forced into the storyline.
    I also wouldn’t mind seeing a Han Solo archetype again but this time maybe a former bounty hunter. I would of course bring back Chewie and the droids

15. We now have what is probably a full cast list, as far as the bigger players are concerned. What are your thoughts on this cast?

I think it is a fantabulous cast, with some pleasant surprises (Serkis, Sydow). I think Boyega and Ridley will be the centerpiece of the new trilogy. I expect great things. I was happy to see Briene..I mean Gwendoline and Lupita added to the cast as well. So exciting. The biggest news for me is that the Big Three have returned. Anything else is gravy.

To see Luke, Leia, and Han back onscreen……sniff….ugh I hate onion cutting ninjas, they are everywhere! Where were we…

16. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

Silly question. Cameos of Kitster and Wald (Anakin’s childhood friends) of course. They would be in their late 70s by my reckoning.

17. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

I’m optimistic. Because the stakes are so high, all involved are taking this extremely seriously. I think JJ Abrams has probably leaked in his pants once or twice with all the pressure associated with making sure this gets done right. There is no better director, IMO, than Abrams for Episode VII and I think we have an all-star team onboard. I think Abrams is listening, to fans, to Lucas, to Kasdan. With Kasdan and Arndt(?) also involved, I think the script and direction is in good hands. It will not be the worst Star Wars film.

18. Just how involved is Lucas in the creation of the ST and what do you think would be his ideal level of involvement?

I think it’s perfect. George Lucas is the Master Storyteller. A legend for our time. The arrangement marries George’s strength (conceptualizing a story arc) with the writing strengths of Kasdan/Abrams/Arndt. I couldn’t have asked for a better pairing. I am happy Lucas remained on as a creative consultant. He’s not writing dialogue and not directing but what he is doing is providing insights based on his (understandably) vast knowledge of the SW universe and his storytelling skills. It really is a perfect setup. I also want him to come up with the titles.

19. Would you like to see Abrams direct all the ST movies or have new directors for 8 and 9?

I have a lot of faith in JJ Abrams. He is personally one of my favorite working directors. I think having one capable director for the entire trilogy helps make for a seamless production. Beats, pacing, editing, and consistency where needed would be easier to obtain. We’ll have to see how Episode VII turns out and the OT did have 3 different directors. *shrug* I’m a big fan of Abrams and would not mind seeing him direct the entire trilogy. Go for it. If it is lacking, then I hope Disney makes sure we get a top notch Director to take the helm. The spinoffs are one thing but the episodes are nothing to play with. On a side note, Spielberg has been conspicuously quiet. He’s shelved several projects over the last 18 months. Hmm…

20. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

So the cool thing about Luke’s first scenes in ROTJ is that he uses Force choke on the Gamorrean guard. That is a very Sithian move. I’d like to explore that ability further. In fact, I believe Luke’s distinction lies in the ability to use both dark and light applications of the Force. Luke using force lightning (and not just deflecting it back like Yoda)? Hmmm……

21. The notion of Luke using Force lightning is interesting. Any special new Force powers you'd like to see?

Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.”
    Another power of the Emperor was advanced clairvoyance. On the light side, we saw a glimmer of that with Leia at Bespin and to a more advanced degree from Mace (“The Disappeared, Part II”, Season 6.9). I’d like to see Luke have an Emperor Palpatine level of awareness. Perhaps that’s how he finds Jedi prospects.

22. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

I would really like to see a Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead style Star Wars series or even film. The series would be set while the events in the ST are going on but an entirely separate story-line. However, you would be able to see how the events in VII/VIII/IX would affect the character and story in different ways. It would be like making a movie in the ESB-ROTJ era about a criminal faction and then boom Jabba the Hutt is killed and you can see how that affects what happens. It would help depict the galaxy as much bigger than any Episode or Trilogy.

An extension of this idea would be to have the same scene in the ST show up in the spinoff except the focus would be on a background character (who is the main character of the spinoff)

Another idea, nothing fancy would be a ten episode CGI series that shows what happened in the intervening years between ROTJ and Episode VII. The series will chronicle the restoration of the Republic immediately after the Emperor’s death (at least I hope he’s dead!). Disney is probably already planning something like this already I imagine. I would make the tone a little darker and more mature, less kid friendly, than the Clone Wars series.

23. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Nay. As much as I look forward to Episode VII-IX, I worry about oversaturation. With each new trilogy the OT gets diluted in my opinion. The legacy of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ must be protected even if it means no new Episodes after IX.

24. You mentioned earlier that you will be getting the new canon books once they're out. What are your thoughts on the EU continuity reboot? What do you hope to see them do with the New EU?

At first I was a little miffed. I was never an avid EU reader but was a little disappointed that the stories I read are now non-canon. With the new books, how do I know that 30 yrs from now they won’t be made non-canon by another reboot? That’s how my mind works. I can’t worry about that though. I am committed to just enjoying the books on their own merit and not thinking that far ahead.
    I am very curious to see their treatment of the post-ROTJ era now that the preexisting stories never occurred. How did the Republic start to pick up the pieces and reassemble a government? How did Luke evolve as a Jedi?

25. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

Empire. Going back to my first viewing of the trilogy, I thoroughly enjoyed A New Hope but Empire Strikes Back blew me away. Vader’s revelation, Yoda, Asteroid chase, Lando, the score. Top notch. It remains a perfect movie for me. ESB was even the first movie where a romantic scene didn’t scare me away! At that stage, I was an adolescent and kissing scenes were icky. The scene where Han and Leia kissed on Hoth, I swelled with…emotion. The movie clicked on all cylinders. As an aside, I’m very high on ROTS. I think it’s up there with the OT in terms of quality.

26. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

Luke’s first trip to Dagobah. Watching it for the first time as a kid, I could tell from Obi’s jedi mind tricks and disappearing act that Star Wars was something more than sci-fi (which many casual moviegoers mistake it for). The Dagobah scenes though made Star Wars even more unique. Yoda’s teaching, the cave, “there is another”, etc. elicited awe, confusion, humor, sadness, fear, the whole gamut of emotions. I think from the previously mentioned ROTJ novel I knew already Darth Vader was Luke’s father. Darn! It would have been cool to hear that for the first time in the movie.

27. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

Broadly speaking, the direction and writing in TPM and AOTC are groan inducing. If there was a way to redo Episode I and II, I would be all for it.
    More specifically, I would revert back to the original Greedo/Han scene. Before I get into the obvious reason, the added FX that went into making Han dodge the shot looks off. More importantly though, having Han shoot first was the perfect introduction to Han Solo, a swashbuckling smuggler with an edge. It gave him swagger and an air of self-sufficiency which is now watered down.

28. Is there some director who you would have preferred to see direct TPM and/or AOTC?

At the time Spielberg was probably the only candidate on my list (maybe James Cameron too but I don’t remember). I couldn’t imagine TPM and AOTC not being good though - even with Lucas at the helm. He did after all direct ANH. When my opinion of TPM slowly began to sour over a period of time (1999-2000) I still wanted Lucas to direct Episode II. I thought changing decks would be worse and that the problems were due to him getting his sea legs back. AOTC would be much better. *sigh* It took awhile but I thought ROTS was excellent! I should add that I in fact loved The Phantom Menace when it first came out. I saw the movie 8 times in 14 days and had every line memorized (no exaggeration). Looking back, I think I was overcome by the fact that it was a Star Wars movie as well as A LOT of denial mixed in. As I began to hear others’ opinions on the matter, the veneer began to wear off.

29. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

Girlfriend: I love you.
    Me: I know.

30. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

A Bothan spy. Seriously. I like the idea of sneaking behind enemy lines or going undercover to collect information like blueprints for the Republic. As an undercover agent you could be a smuggler, cleric, It’s dangerous work, as we know, but exciting.

31. Favorite Force ability?

I love Jedi mind tricks (when they work!). It’s subtle yet very impressive. As much as I love lightsaber action I do not want the upcoming trilogy to be all about the Jedi swordplay. The galaxy is so much more. However, when it comes to Force abilities, I like diversity; mind tricks, force pushes, force leaps, lightning absorption, remote sensing. I hope the next trilogy explores them all.

32. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

I love eating out, watching movies, traveling, reading, basketball, playing videogames.

33. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It’s the closest complement to the Classic Trilogy in that each film is great AND the score is one for the ages. Everything came together right. I am also enjoying the Avengers franchise. It gives me hope that Disney will do right by the Star Wars franchise.

34. Any specific goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year?

I want to decide soon on the degree to which I want to be spoiled and by the end of the year I want to say that I stuck to it. It will be tempting as news trickles in from the production but I really want to come into the screening in December 2015 somewhat blind and not knowing everything.

---------------------

Thanks to our esteemed guest dolphin for taking the time in these turbulent days to fill out our short survey and thank you all for staying with us during the even more turbulent atmospheric maneuverings of a capital ship never designed for such feats!

> END TRANSMISSION

24. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    Thank YOU. I love your preambles! :p

25. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I think they're spontaneously starting to develop a storyline of their own :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.