main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It's one week and several prison riots later here at our Imperial Spoiler Surveillance facility and the time has come for another widely publicized and Galaxy-wide broadcast interrogation session.

This week, we bring you the confessions of @Darth Chiznuk !
    Thanks for taking the time to take this completely voluntary and in no way forced interview. It's a great read and I hope you folks enjoy it as well.

1.How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums?

During the prequels I lurked on a couple of forums just passing time and looking for any kind of info. I stumbled onto this one at some point after Episode I and would frequently check in for all the spoilers. After AOTC I swore off all spoilers because I wanted to go into the last film with as little info as I could (I did learn of the Chewbacca cameo before seeing it but that’s about it) and so left this site and the others behind. Over the years I kinda forgot about it and since no more movies were coming out I really began to lose interest in Star Wars (I know I’m ashamed to say that). It wasn’t until TCW began to air and my son got into it that my interest began to perk up again. After that it was really me being able to introduce him to the movies that reignited my love for the franchise and one day while surfing the web I stumbled across the temp boards and decided to sign up. I only posted a few times though and it wasn’t until Episode VII was announced that I really got into posting here.

2. People often ask when is the best time to introduce their kids to Star Wars and also in which order to play the movies. Not to mention that now we've also got TCW and Rebels as well. Got any advice for parents wanting to get their kids into Star Wars?

I would say it should probably be a case by case basis since some kids can handle things others can't. I think my son was four when I introduced him to the PT but I held back on letting him watch ROTS because I wasn't sure how it would effect him. He was really getting into TCW and desperately wanted to know how it all ended so he eventually wore me down until I let him watch ROTS. He really took it like a champ and had some great questions for me afterward. I talked it through with him and I think that helped him to try and understand Anakin's actions. We watched the OT some time later when I got the blu-rays but he was already aware of the story so he knew going in Darth Vader would eventually become good again. My nephew had the complete opposite reaction to watching ROTS and flipped when Anakin turned to the dark side. It was a challenge to get him to watch the rest of the saga so it's definitely a case by case basis.

3. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

That would have to be my very first Star Wars memory. I believe I’ve told this story here before but my dad use to take me and my siblings to The Great Escape, a store that sells comics, toys, video games, CDs, movies and just a bunch of other stuff, almost every weekend. On one of these outings my brother asked him to buy him the book Heir to the Empire and upon finishing it a few days later he ran into my bedroom and told me how amazing it was. Now this was during the Special Edition so I was about 12 and I was, well, really stupid. I didn’t like Star Wars at all and so I completely ignored my brother when he praised the book. I think it was a few weekends or so later my dad brought us kids back to Great Escape and afterward he decided to take us to a movie. My brother begged him to take us to see ANH and I begged him to take us to see anything else. Well, apparently he loved my brother more because we went to see Star Wars. :p Needless to say, it completely blew my freakin’ mind and ironically my brother hated it! I asked him if I could have the book, read it then got the others, read them too and I’ve loved Star Wars ever since. My brother on the other hand still hates it and to this day he completely denies that he ever read Heir to the Empire.

4. What is your favorite Star Wars possesion? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

I have a collection of bobble heads that my kids love to get me for my birthday or Christmas, etc. They get very excited whenever they find a new one and probably enjoy giving them to me as much as I enjoy receiving them so that would have to be it. I know that’s probably cheesy but whatever!

5. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

Absolutely not. I probably should have given Lucas’ tendency to change his mind but no I never thought it would happen.

6. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

I think it was extreme excitement mixed with a little apprehension over the sale to Disney. It’s not that I hate or distrust Disney in any way it was just when I first heard the news I assumed that Lucas’ retirement meant he’d have nothing to do with the new films and that didn’t sit right with me. It wasn’t long though before I realized that that wasn’t the case thankfully.

7. What would you consider the ideal amount of Lucas' involvement with the Sequel Trilogy?

I was pleased when I heard he and JJ were in constant contact with each other and I hope that continued throughout the writing process. That’s where I see him being most involved because to me the Skywalker Saga is and always will be his story. I respect JJ and I have confidence that he’ll come through but if I’m honest I have no interest in seeing his take on the ST or Kasdan’s or anyone else’s for that matter. Of course, I don’t mind them taking his treatments and writing the screenplay but in the end I want them to stick to the story GL envisioned because that’s the one I’ve been waiting for. Once filming begins I doubt he’ll have much to do with it and I’m fine with that. I certainly don’t think he’ll be hovering over JJ the whole time.
    Once his involvement with the ST is finished I actually hope he distances himself from the franchise because I’ve always been interested in seeing him return to making films that aren’t Star Wars. I hope gets around to it someday because I’ll be there opening day.

8. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

Yep, I followed the prequels from about late 1998 to just after Episode II when I went into self-imposed exile like I explained earlier. I think seeing the teaser for AOTC for the first time would have to be my favorite. I remember having to sit through an entire episode of The OC just to see it and of course they waited until the very end to show it! But I don’t think I would have it any other way because I remember how excited I was every time it went to commercial and how that excitement was allowed to build and build until finally it came on. Great memory!

9. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

I’m conflicted. I love speculating with all you folks but I’m not sure if I want to know that many details. Thankfully JJ may have decided for us that we’re all going to be spoiler-free. :p Seriously, I’ll probably just play it by ear and if I feel like I’m learning too much I’ll leave the spoiler forum.

10. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

That’s a hard one because there’s so many great ideas I’ve come across since I’ve been here. I think I’m going to give a shout out to Dra--- and his idea about the prophecy. Basically the Jedi Order we see in the PT had become too complacent and shackled to the Old Republic to face the Sith threat on their own and so the Force created the Chosen One but now that the Force is in balance the Chosen One’s son can rebuild a Jedi Order that’s strong enough to face the threat of the ST on their own without need of a Chosen One. It’s such a simple but really ingenious way for Anakin’s actions in ROTJ to still mean something while also allowing the new heroes to step up in this trilogy.

But then there's also anakinfan's idea about having Mark, Carrie and Harrison's GGI de-aged heads superimposed onto velociraptor bodies and I mean how could they go wrong with such a perfect idea!

11. And the least favorite?

I’m not a fan of the villain wearing anything similar to Darth Vader’s armor. I don’t care how iconic it is in or out of universe I want the villain to have his or her own unique look.

12. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST and who would you cast to play him?

Well let’s see, my ideal villain is alien with kind of an elongated head. He’s very tall with a spindly frame and he’s obsessed with prolonging his life indefinitely. I think that has to do with wanting to be around when the McRib finally makes its way to a GFFA. His name is… Pla… Plague… I don’t know something to do with a Plague or something. I really like Benedict Cumberbatch and wouldn't mind him playing the villain at all but I'd probably go with someone isn't already all over these major franchises. It's not that I mind actors portraying characters in numerous franchises it's just that for the main villain in Star Wars I would prefer someone who I'm not already very familiar with because they've played numerous villains across a bunch of different films. I just want someone more unique I guess. With that said I would choose John Noble. I think he could pull off an iconic villain we'd put up there with Darth Vader and Darth Sidious.

13. And the Hero?

The reluctant hero who doesn’t want the destiny that everyone around him/her thinks he/she has to live up to would be interesting. Eventually they’d be forced to take action against whatever threat presents itself but in the end after the threat has been defeated it would be nice to see them then go their own way, walking off into the sunset (or twin sunset) to live their life the way they want to.

14. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

How about an alien with a human sidekick. That might be a fun twist to the formula we know.

15. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

George Lucas has to return as Baron Papanoida! That’s almost as important as the return of the Big 3. I’m also interested to see where JJ places the name Kelvin in the movie. I think it’d be pretty slick if he placed it somewhere noticeable but have it in aurebesh so only the knowledgeable would even know it’s there.

16. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

I’m very optimistic. I’ll admit that I’m a tad worried about them letting Michael Arndt go and rewriting his script but that’s only because I think he’s a fantastic writer and I was so excited to see what he could bring to the SW galaxy. I’m not going to be negative about it though until I see the finished product and I still love the team they’ve put together for the film. With stories by George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy producing and JJ, Kasdan and Arndt writing I think it’s going to be a great movie!

17. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

Deak Solo has stolen the Millennium Falcon and crash landed it on the planet Korriban. It’s completely wrecked and half buried in the sand as Deak crawls out of the cockpit and attempts to get to safety. Suddenly, an enormous sandworm bursts forth from the sand and attacks Deak. His fate looks grim when suddenly a robed figure jumps into the fray and ignites a green lightsaber! The figure cuts off one of the sandworm’s pincers and the tentacle that has grabbed hold of Deak and this causes it to retreat back into the sand dunes. The figure turns and lowers his hood to reveal a weathered and bearded…

Jar Jar Binks! The Gungan holds out his hand to Deak and says, “Come with mesa if you want to live!”

18. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

A ten-part live-action miniseries chronicling the earliest days of the Je’Daii Order, their discovery and mastery of the Force and the family that splits it in two. For the sister it is the benevolent Ashla that guides her life but for the brother it is the seductive powers of the Bogan that beckons him. Their separate paths will ultimately lead to the cataclysmic Force Wars!

19. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Definitely nay. I don’t see a valid story reason to go beyond nine except to extend the Skywalker Saga indefinitely which is something I really don’t want to see happen. I think of the saga as a story about how societies rise and fall told through the eyes of a family and thus far we’ve seen the fall of the Republic and rise of the Empire and the fall of the Empire so the ST can now bring everything full circle with the rise of the New Republic. Also I think trilogy of trilogies has a nice ring to it.

20. In that case, would you be open about a new Saga starting up sometime after the ST? Set in a different era perhaps, with completely new characters and themes?

Absolutely. I’ve said this before but I think the best way to move forward with Star Wars is to pick an era like the Sith Wars and start a completely new saga with all new heroes and villains. You can reuse the episode numbers so the first film of this new saga would be Episode I of Saga II (although I don't think they sould actually put Saga II in the title it would just be marketed like that or I guess it could be Saga I if it takes place before the Skywalker Saga) and they could again go all the way to Episode IX before picking a new era and starting over again. This way they would keep the stories fresh and it would avoid the ridiculously large episode numbers. They could continue making as many new Sagas as they feel is appropriate and I think we'd have one of the most unique film franchises out there.

21. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

It fluctuates. Sometimes I’m more in the mood to watch the PT in which case it would probably be The Phantom Menace and sometimes I’m more in the mood for the OT in which case it would be The Empire Strikes Back. But for me it’s much more satisfying to watch the entire saga together. That’s probably a copout answer I know but oh well.

22. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

Definitely the scene between Anakin and Obi-Wan on the banks of the lava river on Mustafar. The anguish on Obi-Wan’s face and in his voice is just heartbreaking but also the look of utter shame Anakin has for just a moment when Obi-Wan is yelling at him is probably one of the best little acting pieces in the entire saga. The whole scene is just incredible.

23. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

I think I would change the scene in ROTJ between Luke and Leia where he tells her Vader is her father. I think there was an opportunity to really ratchet up the tension between the characters but they did nothing with it. I’d have Leia tell off Luke for even suggesting such a thing, have her proclaim that Vader killed her father when he stood by and allowed Alderaan to be blown up and I’d end the scene with Luke leaving on bad terms with his sister. Then at the end when Leia senses that her brother made it out of the Death Star alive the look on her face would tell us that she has come to terms with it in her own way and has accepted the truth as Luke had too.

24. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

On my birthday a few years ago my wife made me a really nice breakfast and as I sat down to eat she sort of whispered into my ear that she loved me. Of course, me being the idiot that I am I took this very sweet moment to go all Han Solo on her and my response was a cool, “I know.” Yeah, it doesn’t work as well in real life as it does in a movie!

25. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

Emperor. That’s right, if I have the choice of anything why not the top job? And as a Sith obviously the thing I covet most is POWAHH! UNLIMITED POWAHHH!

26. And what would your first act as the ruler of the galaxy be?

I’d want to make sure the galaxy knows I’ve learned from my predecessor so it certainly wouldn’t be blowing up a planet. I’d probably do something that would make me really popular like throwing a galaxy-wide pizza party. I figure I can always get to the really crazy stuff like renaming the galaxy Chiznukville, building enormous statues of myself to make up for my severe superiority complex and being generally an oppressive tyrant later when my reign is more secure.​

27. Favorite Force ability?

Probably levitation. I’d love to be able to move things with just a wave of my hand but I’d probably abuse it and never get out of my chair.

28. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

Fishing. I love fishing and even if I don’t catch anything I can sit in my crappy little boat for hours all by myself. It’s very relaxing.

29. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

I would say The Godfather is my second favorite franchise but I also really like Harry Potter, LOTR, Riddick, Fast and Furious, James Bond, Star Trek, Terminator and probably a bunch more that I can’t think of right now.

30. We’ve barely stepped into the year 2014. Any specific goals you hope to achieve in the next 11 months?

With a new kid it’s got me thinking how little we’ve planned for their futures. If I have any goal it would be to finally put away some of our tax returns for a college fund.

-----------------------

Thanks to Chiznuk for the great interview and thank you folks for reading. Tune in next week, for another installment of the Interrogation Room Tapes.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread title updated to indicate that Darth Chiznuk was the latest to be broken during interrogations. :p Another great interview!

T-R-, Dra---, Darth Punk and 3 others like this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I didn't know what would break first: your spirit or your body!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Another splendid Q&A. :) Great job The Hellhammer and Darth Chiznuk. :D

The answer to question #17 was priceless. [face_laugh]

These first two interviews were quite comprehensive. Bravo!

T-R-, Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I see what you did there.

6. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    He... posted a new interview. [face_dunno]

7. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    On the surface, it is another really fun and well done interview with another forum member. However, I see past the charade.

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_dunno]

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  9. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Charade? There is no... "charade." TheBBP please come with our... uhm... VIP escort squad.

[​IMG]

10. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Dra--- likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Thanks everyone for your comments. The Hellhammer did a great job with the questions and I had a lot of fun answering them.

12. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Chiznuk, we've shared a similar experience apparently. But I'll say no more.

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  13. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Great interview and wonderful responses. I enjoyed the read.

14. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yay and stuff.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  16. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Good interview, Mr. Chiznuk. [face_coffee]
    In fact, it's great. We share many similar views and the part about John Denethor-Walter Bishop Noble is intriguing, appealing and spot on.
    Keep up the good work.

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Darth Chiznuk

Wonderful interview! =D= And good job on making your responses short enough to fit a single post, unlike mine. :p I see the Hellhammer already asked you some follow-up questions, so that's quite a comprehensive look into you as a fan of Star Wars.

A few comments:
    Here ya go:
    [​IMG]

Oh man... [face_rofl] You sir, win the Internets!

^:)^ All hail Emperor Chiznuk! ^:)^

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well done guys. Another great read.

T-R-, Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Some of my answers I kinda feel like I should have expanded upon a bit but I thought I'd spare people from having to read through some of my silly nonsense. :p Circular Logic thanks for giving me the aurebesh spelling it looks great. Maybe there's a bar scene in Ep. VII or the characters run past one and it could be called something like Kelvin's Place. I'd get a kick out of that. I had fun with this and I can't wait to see the next victim interviewee.

T-R-, Immortiss, Dra--- and 1 other person like this.
  20. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Thanks all for the kind feedback :)

Circular Logic The thing about your interview being split up is not in fact about length, as posts are basically unlimited. There were some weird formatting issues that kept popping up if I posted it in a single post that seemed to go away when I split it up.

T-R-, Immortiss, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  21. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    you broke wayyy to easy - i'd have been like "no comment" all the way

T-R-, Immortiss, Dra--- and 4 others like this.
  22. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Funny you should mention that, as I'd like to use this opportunity to introduce our new co-host. We call him the Encourager.

[​IMG]

23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    AAAHHH! The Hellhammer beat me to it! I was just about to post that! :)

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    So was I, and I was actually going to say that The Hellhammer should make that his avatar. :D

T-R-, Immortiss, Dra--- and 3 others like this.
  25. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, to be honest, having in mind the hat Mr. Lemmy is wearing on my current avatar - I'd say it's appropriate as well.
    Nobody expects the 7SA Inquisition! :p

T-R-, Immortiss, EHT and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.