main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is truly a new era... when Armen gets interviewed about his life with the JC and his eternal sufferation at the hands of WalMart was not mentioned once. That's where we Sarcasm Knights all called you. And somehow... that was not at all what resulted in a firing...

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Cheers to a fellow baseball person! There truly is something special about the ballpark.

I am a Padres fan though, so I hate you. ;)

Great interview -- I really enjoy reading about how much people enjoy SW. It's great to have something that excites us this much, right?

3. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Another fantastic interview.

I'm a little nervous about mine, whenever it happens. Hope I don't disappoint you guys.

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    PrincessKenobi

It's a great thing because the WWE needed a new face & personality who has been so over with the folks, someone to take Cena's spot ultimately or at least challenge him. Although I've been a lifelong WWF(E) fan, I haven't watched on a week-to-week/PPV-to-PPV basis for almost a decade now. However, I'm slowly etching my way back in, and still watch WrestleMania every year. Since 2011, I've been more interested in the independent wrestling scene, specifically the PWG promotion. Bryan (under his real name of Bryan Danielson) wrestled there for a while, and my buddy Brian (whose been going to PWG shows since the mid-Aughts) is just floored & is enamored with Bryan's WWE rise. Similarly, a couple of fellows in the NXT program (Solomon Crow- wrestled as Sami Callahan in PWG & Sammy Sane -wrestled in PWG as El Generco) could make similar leaps in the future. Should that happen, they would be "my Daniel Bryan" so to speak.

StoneRiver Why not? Unless your Cena, nobody ever remains a heel for the entirety of their career (at least thinking about off the top of my head).

A Chorus of Disapproval The irony of it all! Considering that I tied up the phone line over the course of 2 days, it was rather remarkable that I never got so much as reprimand for that. Made the whole experience that much better. :D I tried to find the thread via the archives (the search apparatus for that is terrible. There needs to be 'go to page.." option when looking through 1) one's own post history & 2) an archived forum) in order to give folks here (who don't remember it/weren't around for it) a taste of what it was like. However, I did find this in a desk drawer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG].

A list of (ie: descriptions of) the calls I received on day #1! :cool: The list for day #2 couldn't be found.

Dra--- I've been to a Dodger/Padre game once before at PETCO, back in July of '05. It's a very lovely ballpark... too bad a lot of the teams that have played there since its opening have been lackluster. :p And of course I can't imagine this would make you too happy:

[​IMG].

Great interview -- I really enjoy reading about how much people enjoy SW. It's great to have something that excites us this much, right?

Indeed... a common denominator among us all (even though there are, of course, varying opinions about the PT, the upcoming ST, and so forth), despite our varying other interests. As I've mentioned in another thread in this forum, my favorite thing about the ST is the resurgence of activity here on the JC, new folks I've gotten to know because of it. How could you not like that?

I'm very happy & pleased that you folks enjoyed the interview. :)

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That call log is brilliant. And I am proud to know what the majority of those "random" references pertain to.

Dra--- and DarthTunick like this.
  6. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Why not indeed. I wasn't saying they shouldn't. I actually think they're doing OK with it. Not everyone can make the transition to face and make it work well.

DarthTunick likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Another interview well done. You have learned much young one.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    DarthTunick I love the Yes Movement myself and Bryan is my guy. He is the first wrestler in a long time that has gotten me excited about wrestling since Sting. Also he is my favorite Diva. If you watch Total Diva's you understand.

StoneRiver and DarthTunick like this.
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I hope he doesn't get screwed over by HHH* in their Mania match... having him in the title match with Orton & Bautista would make it for a much better Mania, especially if Bryan ends up as champ at the end of the show.

*It wouldn't be surprising, though, if that were to happen.

PrincessKenobi and StoneRiver like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Might I say... that 9 years has done nothing to diminish the joy I experience remembering number 15 on your list in particular. :p

DarthTunick likes this.
  11. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I have no doubt they'll tease a screwy ending multiple times just to mess with people.

Also I am hoping the Shield get a year as a face team.

PrincessKenobi and StoneRiver like this.
  12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    6. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

One of the greatest natural highs I've ever had... utterly hyper/excited for much of the remainder of that day*. Some context: the announcement was made on October 30th, 2012 (duh), which also happened to the opening night for the '12-'13 NBA season, and my beloved L.A. Lakers were scheduled to play that evening. Thus, I was already in a rather delightful mood, despite having to work that day. Sometime between 1-2pm, as I'm checking my phone in my super secret hiding place (in the garden department), I come across my Facebook news feed, and that's how I found out about the sale, etc. Needless to say, I couldn't concentrate for the remainder of my shift (which ended at 4). It was like I had received multiple adrenaline shots at once, while in the middle of a sugar rush. So much discussion had to be had on Facebook, and here on the JC. I listened to nothing but SW music on my iPod during the bus ride/walk home from work.

Great interview Darth Chiznuk. Also, I feel like such a fake Star Wars nerd after reading your response to Q6

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Apologies for the double post, edit facility had timed me out before I figured I'd Chiznuked, instead of Tunicked

Great interview DarthTunick

DarthTunick likes this.
  14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I need to get caught up on the previous few interviews, but this was another great one! =D=
    I really liked your idea for the show, Tunick. That would be really fun to watch!

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Many thanks! :D

16. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This week's episode from the Imperial Spoiler Service Station is brought to you by Circular Logic! I've infiltrated the station and taken temporary control from our gracious host, who was only too happy to accept a taste of his own medicine. Please give a warm welcome to
    [H2]The Hellhammer![/H2]

On the behalf of COMPNOR I've chosen to interrogate ask our guest, The Hellhammer, some questions, most of which will be familiar and some of which are new. Through advanced methods of persuasion, including the use of the Force where necessary, I was able to divulge some intimate and fascinating information on our host's background. Without further ado, I present the interview for all to enjoy.

[​IMG]

1. How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums, and why did you join?

I first came across the Force.net’s main site, when I was randomly browsing the web for Star Wars stuff. I was just a kid when we first got our internet connection, that old screeching dial up, and naturally I instantly took to searching for anything Star Wars related. I quickly grew tired of the official site and started looking for alternatives. That’s how I came across TF.N and especially the book section, which I used as a guideline for getting my EU material. I also thoroughly enjoyed the humor section, with the various weekly caption contests and what have you.

Only sometime later did I discover that there is a forum as well and quickly signed up, sometime in 2001, if I recall correctly. I posted rather actively back then, but after ROTS I left the boards and promptly forgot my old username and password. Having in mind that I was very young when I started posting, I’d say it’s a very good thing to let those immature, bratty posts lie in the past, hah.

Once I saw that new movies were being made, I instantly registered a new account as I knew that this was the place to be for another decade (or more) of speculation.

2. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

That’s really tough to say, as there are so many. I literally grew up constantly watching these movies and over the years it just kind of blended into a one big warm fuzzy feeling haha.

It would probably be the period in elementary school when we were all watching these movies together endlessly. It was that period of boys vs. girls in the school yard, hah, when we were playing some crazy improvised games and chasing each other around. I was actually the one who got the role of Darth Vader and had two pals following me like stormtroopers, while the other guys were running around listening to our orders. Was a rather fun time. I even had some sort of improvised cape, hahah.

3. What is your favorite Star Wars possession? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

My very close friend, who is a rather great sculptor, made me an excellent sculpture of Darth Vader’s head as a birthday gift some years ago. It is without a doubt the best Star Wars related thing I have.

It’s currently at his place, for some minor corrections, so I can’t get a pic but I will once it’s back on my shelf.

4. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

To be honest, I was pretty certain that we would get new movies at some point. Not to sound too morbid, but I kind of figured that it would only happen years after Lucas’ death. I am very glad that this was not the case. He may have caught quite a bit of flak for some decisions he’s made over the years, but it is after all his story and I’m glad he’s on board as a consultant and that the movies are being done in line with his ideas.

5. What was your initial reaction to the news of the sale to Disney and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

It was around 4 or 5 am here in Serbia and I just couldn’t get to sleep. I was tired as hell but no sleep came and I was just clicking randomly on sites in my browser menu, not really reading anything just trying to tire myself out enough to go to sleep already. I was just about to close everything and shut down the computer and the last tab I was about to close was Wired.com.
    And there it was, all across the front page, in huge, bold letters: STAR WARS EPISODE 7 COMING IN 2015.

I reread that a couple of times because I honestly wasn’t sure I was reading it correctly. Opened up the story, read it... REread it... and it was true.

My reaction was absolute disbelief and enthusiasm. It really was happening and it was happening much sooner than I thought it would. I had no fears whatsoever about it being in Disney’s hands since I knew they were behind the Marvel movies and I knew that they give quite a bit of freedom to studios they acquire.

I instantly logged onto TF.N to see what’s going on. Needless to say, the boards were aflame.

6. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

I was not around for TPM speculation since at time I was a bit too young to know they were even making a new movie. I mean I knew but didn’t really appreciate it in it’s full extent, hah. Having in mind that in 1999 Serbia was being bombed and the country was more or less falling apart, I saw TPM on a very crappy VHS pirate copy. It was so bad that you could barely tell what the plot was, hah. It was only years later that I can say that I actually saw the movie.

I was around for AOTC and ROTS speculation and it was quite intense. I remember staring at that Hyperspace webcam for hours on end, just hoping to get a glimpse of anything. Plus I was on dial up so the phone bill went through the roof... and I never saw a damn thing on that godforsaken webcam hahah.

There were all the crazy theories, of course, about Palpatine being a clone, Padme being Boba Fett and so on... but I would have to say one of the best moments was when they were holding those Hyperspace webchats, where subscribers got to ask questions of Rick McCallum and other notable members of the production. It was a really cool moment for the JC community as a whole, since the subscribers kept updating a thread with questions and answers for those who were not subscribed. In turn, the non-subscribers asked questions via subscribers who did their best to get as many questions through as possible.

That was a very cool moment.

7. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

I’d say very spoiled. I might draw the line if the script leaks, I won’t read that. Also, I won’t be reading the novelization nor the graphic novel, if that leaks out. I read the ROTS graphic novel before seeing the movie and it didn’t really ruin it for me, but in PT we pretty much knew how things were going to go down. The ST is quite a different beast and I’d prefer to leave at least something for the opening night.

So basically everything short of reading the script/novel/comic. The madness is just gonna intensify, when real leaks and spoilers start coming. With today’s tech, I’m pretty sure we’ll be getting quite a bit of sneak photos and videos.

8. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

I would have to say Plagueis surviving. Of all the existing villains he has the best chance of appearing in the ST. He has all the necessary connections to the Skywalker clan and to previous events and characters from the story. His main thing is cheating death and the way his end was portrayed in the novel left it quite possible for him to have survived Palpatine’s betrayal.

9. And your least favorite?

Anything claiming with absolute certainty that the Sith are gone forever and cannot exist after ROTJ. Anakin may have destroyed the current Sith but he did not destroy every single remainder of Sith teaching that is spread throughout the galaxy. It is enough for a powerful Force sensitive to stumble across a Holocron or two, a scroll or two... not to mention places like Korriban (Moraband?)... and we’ve got a new Sith in training.

10. Describe your ideal villain in the ST and who would you cast to play him?

Of all the existing ones, the only real contender in my view is Darth Plagueis, but I’ve described that in the question above, dealing with the favorite theory.

If it were to be a completely new and original villain (something that I’m completely fine with) he would have a lot to live up to. Darth Vader and Darth Sidious are pretty tough acts to follow. This new villain would have to pose a legitimate threat to the galaxy and would need to have a strong connection to both PT and OT. There are many threads that connect both heroes and villains in this Saga and this needs to continue with the ST. Having someone just out of the blue without any connection to previous events would feel a bit out of place, having in mind the previous tone of these movies. I would also hope that his motivation is something else than “conquer the galaxy” or “kill all the Jedi.” I can’t really put my finger on what that something would be but... it needs to be fresh in the context of this Saga.

I think an older, well established actor like perhaps Gary Oldman would be a good choice for a strong villain. A lot about these movies depends on how strong the villain is and he would need to be in very good hands to live up to the previous bad guys.

11. And the Hero?

I’m hoping for a female lead and a strong one at that. I would hope to see her like a sort of scoundrel Jedi, a Jedi rogue, a Solo with Force powers. She would use her powers rather intuitively, acting more as if she were in a bar fight than as an elegent samurai warrior/monk of the PT. She would use anything she can to her advantage, not limiting herself to a lightsaber just because she’s a Jedi. A blaster in one hand, a saber in the other, with quite a bit of gadgets at her disposal. It would also be cool if she wore some sort of light combat armor instead of those classic Jedi bathrobes.

Since I do not really know many young actresses, I have no idea who I’d cast. Someone who can believably act out what I’ve described above :p

12. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

I’d like to see an interesting alien who would speak his own language and be subtitled. Maybe even without the subtitle. I’ve always loved the weird Star Wars languages and more of those are always welcome.

Another interesting type would be a no-nonsense tough military type. Someone like Canderous Ordo from KOTOR games. A huge guy in a badass power armor fighting for the good guys is something we haven’t really seen in SW movies so far. He can be a Mandalorian, as well. Always cool to have some Mandalorians in the mix.

13. You mentioned having played KOTOR. What are your favorite Star Wars video games?

I have very fond memories of playing X-wing and TIE fighter games, along with X-wing Alliance. I think I've played TIE fighter so many times as a kid that I still recall many of the dialogues and cutscenes by heart. X-wing Alliance was awesome since it had a decent online community for quite a while. I was even a member of Emperor's Hammer, which back in the day used to be a rather large online Star Wars gaming community. I made it as far as being a Squadron Leader of a TIE Defender Squadron. We had some quite interesting online matches. There is nothing I'd rather see than a new well made Star Wars starfighter game. With today's technology, that would truly be awesome.​

Crazy amounts of fun were also had with the Jedi Academy LAN parties we used to have. We played duels in heavily modded versions of the game. It had a load of new skins, models, moves and what have you. We used to set the saber damage to a more "realistic" setting and turn on dismemberment so you really had to be careful. Those duels had some great, truly cinematic moments and were a rather intense experience. A fight could draw out to more than 15 minutes, keeping you at the edge of your seat the whole time!​

14. Judging by your response, you appear to be a Mando fan. What is is about the Mandalorians that makes them so attractive to you, personally?

I always love the warrior cultures, in any setting. They may be a sort of sci-fi / fantasy cliche, but to be honest to me it seems that they offer far more flexibility than the regular, generic Good or Evil factions. They follow their own rules and codes of honor, exploring the gray areas of a universe far more often than the main heroes and villains do.​

As far as Mandalorians themselves are concerned I found them to be very interesting in all the eras of their rather rich and long history on the galactic stage. While often being the enemies of the Jedi and the Republic, I never got the feeling that they were evil. I also find it rather cool to have these guys without any superpowers who are tough enough to stand up against various Force users, sometimes even in hand to hand combat. Oh and the armors. The armors and all the gadgets are damn cool.​

I'm hoping that the Mandalorians will get a part to play in the ST, but later on. Maybe in Episode 9.​

15. Any special cameos or Easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

I’d very much like to see Wedge Antilles in a small, but notable role. Quite a while ago someone (can’t recall who) mentioned that it would be really awesome to have Admiral Antilles appear at the head of a New Republic Fleet at some crucial moment, saving the main characters from certain doom. That would be very awesome.

Other than that, don’t really have any special requests, hah.

16. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

I am very optimistic, but still cautious. I honestly believe that we will get a great movie, but I still question how much will they be able to capture that “Star Wars magic” that really can’t be described. You just kind of feel it or not. A positive thing is that way before the ST was announced, I watched JJ’s Star Trek reboot and instantly thought “Well, this guy should direct a Star Wars movie. Too bad he never will.” So there’s that, hah.

In the end, I think they simply cannot afford to let themselves make a bad movie. Both financially and for the sake of the whole franchise’s future.

17. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

I just love space battles and there is nothing I’d rather see than a huge fight between two enormous fleets.

We would see the Admiral of an Imperial or Sith fleet ordering his capital ships into position, while in the background we hear a similar soundtrack to that which plays at the beginning of Battle of Endor. We see the New Republic Admiral (maybe even Wedge ;) ) order his fleet into position. The classic scene of fighter pilots reporting in as they head toward the swarm of Imperial fighters, screaming toward them, lasers blazing. The Imperial Admiral orders his fleet to execute a particular maneuver and the Star Destroyers move closer to the Republic ships. They move into close range and start blasting each other into oblivion, hulls ripping open, pieces of twisted, molten machinery floating out into space, crews being sucked out out of torn spaceships. The Imperial Admiral remains calm as his ships rip through the Republic lines, an ocassional blast shakes the command bridge of his Super Star Destroyer. The Admiral turns to the officer standing at his side.

“Captain, deploy the assault shuttles.”

“Yes, sir,” the Captain replies as he rushes to relay the orders.

A swarm of smaller, tough looking craft emerge from the hangars of the Super Star Destroyer, streaking through the chaos of battle toward the Republic command ship. Twisting and turning, the dodge enemy fire and floating debris, their gunner crews taking out any Republic fighter that comes close. They attach themselves to the hull of the Republic command ship, cutting their way through and dozens of elite stormtroopers emerge, blasting their way through the corriders, making their way toward their objective, to release and rescue a very dangerous prisoner being held aboard the Republic vessel...

18. Do you feel the Imperial remnant will play a major role in the ST, and if so, how would you like them handled?

While this is something I have spoken of in many threads, I will not pass up an opportunity to dive into the subject again :p

A galaxy-wide Empire does not fall overnight. While losing both Emperor and Vader and a lot of elite Army and Navy troops is a rather tough blow, it is not necessarily Empire-shattering. Only one fleet was at Endor and the galaxy is a large place. There must be millions of ships and soldiers spread throughout the galaxy and not all of them are just going to throw up their arms and say "Well, ****, we lost, let's all disperse." Even our own planetary empires that span just a continet or two usually take years if not decades to disappear. Very rarely is a single defeat enough to shatter an Empire. It happens, but more often than not it is over a long period of slow dissolution.​

I know there are those who prefer the "less realistic, more fairy tale" approach to the Saga, but I find the total and utter collapse of the Empire too unrealistic. Thirty years is a long time, I will admit and anything could have happened. The Empire may have been totally wiped out during that time, it may have been reduced to just a fraction of it's former power, it may still hold half the galaxy and be in a state of Cold War with the New Republic.​

I personally hope that there is an Imperial Remnant present in the ST. It does not necessarily have to be as evil as it was in OT, in fact it would be more interesting if it is somewhat reformed. Not evil, but simply with different views and values than the Republic has. A state of Cold War between the two factions would be something very interesting to explore as well. A potential common threat could unite these two sides, in the end defeating the threat and forming one big happy galaxy where everyone gets along... until Episodes 10, 11 and 12. :p

19. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI, filmed muppets… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

I’ve mentioned this idea quite a few times so I guess some folks will already know what to expect, haha :p

It would be a war story set during the Galactic Civil War, told from the Imperial perspective. Think something along the lines of Band of Brothers with stormtroopers. These guys would not be clones or conscripts, but a group of folks who volunteered for the Imperial service. War is not black and white and just like not every WW 2 German soldier was an evil genocidal Nazi fanatic, not every Imperial is an evil genocidal space-Nazi fanatic. That’s a side of the GFFA I’d very much like to explore. It would be a bit of a grittier take on the war in SW, we’d get down and dirty in the trenches and remote planets as these guys fight across the galaxy. The Rebel Alliance should also be shown to have more than just good looking idealistic heroes in it’s ranks. I am quite sure there were groups and individuals that were just as extreme in how far they would go to win the Civil War on the Rebels’ side.

I know that many would say that the clear black and white definitions of good and evil in Star Wars are one of it’s trademarks, but I honestly think that the universe has far more potential to explore more mature, grey areas of it’s various themes.

20. How many shades of gray would you expect from the ST, and do you think it would be more appropriate to add protagonists with antihero characterization in a spin-off film as opposed to the main films?

While I am very open to various approaches to GFFA, ranging from very light-hearted to brutally gritty, I feel that the Main Saga itself should mantain a consistent feel throughout it's run. Maintain the space opera vibe, the adventureous spirit of the previous movies while at the same time not simplifying the themes it is dealing with. Dealing with gray areas in these movies is a double edged sword - if done well and fits in with the overall theme, I'm all for it. It must be believable, while not going all Dark Knight on us. On the other hand, going the grayer/grittier route just to follow the contemporary trends is something that should be avoided.​

The spin off films (and maybe series) are the best place to explore these other aspects of the GFFA. The universe itself offers almost unlimited opportunities to be home to all kinds of stories. Perhaps a live action series made up of many unrelated short stories would be quite interesting. Something like the Tales comics, basically.​

21. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Depends. A trilogy of trilogies has a nice ring to it and going past Episode 9 may be pushing it a bit too far, in terms of the Main Saga. If the new heroes are likeable enough, it could be interesting, but to be honest there are other important people in the universe except for Skywalkers and Solos. I’d much rather have a new Saga, set in the distant past or the far future, giving us completely original characters and threats, without the restraint of “Skywalker Destiny” or what have you.

22. What are your top choices for the main character(s) of a Star Wars spin-off film?

I would say that an Obi-Wan spin off would be very interesting to see, since it would not require recasting. Ewan has even said that he'd be up for it. I'm also all for a Boba Fett movie. Not really a fan of Han Solo spin off ideas, since I'd not really like to see someone else play him.

Another interesting approach would be to start along the Marvel route. Introduce new characters over a few independent spin offs, set in the distant past, at the dawn of the Republic and the first Jedi / Sith Wars then work them into a new epic Trilogy.

23. For a Boba Fett spin-off film, would you prefer that it take place before or after RotJ? What's your stance on his EU survival from the Sarlacc pit, and do you like to see something similar to his portrayal in the post-RotJ EU in addition to his bounty hunter persona?

I would be fine with it taking place either before or after ROTJ, personally it would make little difference to me. As far as his survival is concerned... well, there is (obviously) a huge division among fans regarding this. To be quite honest, I never really understood the Boba Fett hate. The main argument of many seems to be that he "doesn't do anything" - well, not exactly true. He does track down Han and the others. In my view, a character does not have to be spinning around in slow motion, shooting rockets and lasers non stop in order to be cool. There are dozens of examples of characters who pretty much just stand around and are... well, just cool. Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I think it is very, very probable that he survived. There have been examples of people surviving worse injuries, look no further than Darth Vader and Maul. They had the Force to help them, Boba Fett has his armor, one of the toughest pieces of equipment in the galaxy. Death in the Sarlacc is described as being a slow one, where he is slowly digested over a thousand years, while being kept alive for the whole process. By that description, he'd be in hell of a pain, but not necessarily crippled or injured in any significant way for decades. Boba Fett's escape from the Sarlacc is something that makes very much sense to me.​

As for his portrayal in a potential spin off... well, maybe something along the lines of Clint Eastwood in the Sergio Leone movies, although leaning more towards the "bad" than the "good" side, hah.​

24. Let’s talk about the Saga in general. A classic question - favorite movie and why?

When I was a kid it was Return of the Jedi. I never liked Ewoks, not even when young, but all the other scenes were just damn awesome. Loved the Jabba’s palace aliens, made the galaxy feel like a really big and weird place. The space battle at the end is easily one of my favorite moments of the entire Saga.

Now I’d say my favorite is The Empire Strikes Back. The overall mood is absolutely great and I love the fact that the good guys are actually constantly getting screwed over by the Empire. Darth Vader is truly badass in each and every scene he appears in. The introduction of Emperor and Yoda are also excellent, very memorable moments. Of course, there is also the world-shattering revelation at the end, hah.

25. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

Without a doubt the ROTS scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan on the shore of the lava river. The “You were the chosen one!” scene. It is one of the best acted and most believeable moments of the entire Saga. A key scene that not only delivered, but went above and beyond, in my view. It really hits very hard every time I watch it.

26. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

I think it would have probably been for the better if Lucas let other people direct the Prequels. I am not a “hater” but there are moments where they truly dropped the ball. After reading the Making of Empire Strikes Back and seeing how much Kershner shuffled around many of the details in a scene in order to give us something that was a great cinematic moment while still maintaining Lucas’ original idea... I think the Prequels would have benefited greatly from a few different directors.

27. What is your stance toward the Expanded Universe? How do you feel about The Clone Wars, and are you looking forward to Rebels?

My stance on the EU has dramatically changed over the years. When I was a kid, I bought tons of books and comics. I’ve got quite a collection of those and I read them all. I thoroughly enjoyed them as a kid and back in the days I was a rather fiery defender of the “EU is canon” notion. Over the years, I came to realise that 90% of the EU is something that had it’s time in my childhood and that revisiting that in the adult days would simply ruin the fond memories I have of those times. Now, I couldn’t care less about the canon debates. I just take what I like from the books and comics and disregard the rest. I really don’t have much strength for arguing which part of a fictional universe is more or less fictional than the other.

Overall, I really like the Clone Wars. Like almost every series, it has it’s ups and downs. For me, those tended to be rather extreme, on both ends. When it was good, it was jaw-droppingly good. This mainly refers to episodes where the main focus are the clones themselves. Really enjoyed the Darth Maul and Savage arcs. Overall, I enjoyed anything with Mandalorians even though I absolutely hate the idea of them being a pacifist society. That’s just a dumb idea and had no place in a culture that is everywhere described as a warrior culture. My feelings toward Duchess Satine make anakinfansince1983 ’s hate for Mara Jade seem like a well mannered rebuke :p

On the other hand, when it was bad... it was so bad that I really wondered who the hell authorised this to air. The whole frog general episode arc is borderline criminal in my view. Some of those political episodes were really poorly written and rather hamfisted in every sense.

When all is said and done, it’s a great series and I can see myself going back to rewatch it at some point in the future. Looking forward to Rebels, but I have learned to somewhat control my enthusiasm and hype over the years. Too much overhype can lead to an easy burn.

28. Much ado has been made about the decision to create a single canon, of which TCW and Rebels will purportedly be a part of, along with the films and the upcoming EU. What aspects, if any, from TCW, Rebels, and existing EU do you think the ST will draw from and incorporate?

I'm pretty sure that all of TCW and Rebels will be canon. The rest of it, all the books, comics, games... well, it's hard to tell. I'm pretty sure a lot of things will get messed up if we don't see kids named Jacen and Jaina in a movie set 30 years after ROTJ - and I'm pretty sure we won't see them, hah. So yeah, basically I'd say roughly 85% of the existing EU is done for. I can't really say that I see this as a bad thing. If we were to go by the state of EU right now, those poor folks didn't have a day's rest for what, 45 years now? Things really got out of hand with a galaxy-wide crisis every 6 months.​

A new continuity seems like a good idea to me. Who knows, we might even get some better stories one that it's under some tighter control.​

As for the EU's influence on the ST - no more than a slight nod here or there. I don't think that anyone really expects one of the most anticipated movies (probably ever :p ) to be restricted by decisions made by a B- or C-list sci-fi author a decade or more ago.​

29. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

I just couldn’t avoid saying “I know.” when a girl tells me she loves me. Luckily, my current girlfriend seems to find this funny so that’s a plus.

Other than that, the frequently used one is another Han Solo favorite, adaptible for many situations - “You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.”

30. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

A galactic rock star. That would be absolutely insane. The places you’d see, the people you’d meet, the stuff you’d get to try... not to mention all the exotic girls, hahah. We’d have a tour starship the size of a Star Destroyer. Half of it for booze storage.

31. Favorite Force ability?

It would probably be telekinesis. While at first glance it sounds rather simple it probably offers most variety in use. From the obvious tasks like lifting and moving stuff, to choking people, blasting things, holding them together, fixing internal damage (both mechanical and organic, hah)... if you’re imaginative enough, the potential is quite great.

32. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

Well the most obvious one, and the one that folks here would be most familiar, is drawing/painting. I’ve been doing that since I was a kid and even considered going to an art high school and then college after that. I decided against it, which in retrospect I think was a good call since my interests are a bit more varied than just narrowing it down to painting. I still keep doing it for fun and find it rather enjoyable as a pastime activity.

I played bass for a while when I was younger, but that didn’t really work out for various reasons. I just wanted to have some fun and play fast, dirty rock’n’roll, drink a lot and pick up girls - while my band mates starting going all “progressive” on me haha so I lost motivation. Was a fun time though.

Other than that, I love history quite a bit, especially ancient Rome, although various other ancient civilisations interest me. I am also very interested in the early 20th century, especially the World Wars. Some very interesting lessons to be learned there, the main one being that nothing is ever as black and white as it seems, heh.

33. Would you like to share some of your Star Wars drawings that haven't already been posted in this forum's Fanart thread?

Heh, well to be honest I didn't really do all that much Star Wars inspired drawings before Episode 7 was announced. So pretty much anything that is presentable has been shared either in the Fan Art thread or the Social Thread... but if something new pops up and I get around to actually finishing the damn thing, I'll share it ;)

34. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

Hmm... none to such extent, but I did enjoy Tolkien’s works quite a bit. Warhammer 40k is also a rather interesting universe and rather unique. Love just how over the top and twisted it was, no classic good vs. evil - everyone is absolutely insane in that universe. Hopefully someone will one day make a decent Warhammer 40k movie, but that seems like a very, very tough thing to do.

35. We’ve barely stepped into the year 2014. Any specific goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year?

Yeah, to finally get my **** together, hahah. The last few months have not really been fun, for various personal reasons and it really screwed up some plans but that’s just how it goes. I’m hoping to pass these four exams I’ve got left in Art History that I’m currently studying and also to enroll to the Film Academy and study directing. If all goes according to plan, these are going to be some rather intense years - hopefully in a good way.

Let's give a round of applause for The Hellhammer for this interview! =D= Audience, feel free to comment and/or ask the thread's Interrogator your own questions. Interrogate the interrogator! That's it for me, as the Hellhammer will gladly resume his duties as the I-Triple-S's official interrogator next week. CL out. Peace, y'all! :cool:

Boba_Fat83, T-R-, dolphin and 12 others like this.
  17. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

[face_laugh] awesome answer The Hellhammer ^:)^
    Great job guys!​

T-R-, Immortiss, Dra--- and 1 other person like this.
  18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Circular Logic [face_laugh] Absolutely love the intro and the pic you've chosen, great stuff! Thanks for taking the time do take revenge on the host and conduct this really fun interview :)

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, thanks for doing this, CL. Original post and thread title have been updated to indicate that The Interrogator has now been interrogated.

Dra--- and Circular Logic like this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    By the way, great interview, guys. The Hellhammer : I looked forward to your interview answers, and they did not disappoint. :)

T-R-, Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
  22. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    nicely done chaps

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Awesome interview! :)

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The circle is now complete! When you began you were the Master, now you are being intervi....wait, I think you did this backwards. Personal favorite answers: 9, 15, 18, 23, and your hatred of Satine.

T-R-, Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
  25. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Awesome thread so far, guys. Great read!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.