main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great interview!
    Well thought out answers! :)

[face_laugh] That was great!
    But I love that she gave you SW stuff after!

2. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    I had forgotten about rebel lucas. Thats a good point. I hope you get to film a star wars film someday.

That was once my course of action when i was a wee lad in '77 but I was told there was to be no more films, no money in sci fi, and that my doodling was disruptive in class. The arts werent exactly celebrated in our neck of the woods at the time. If i had a little jedi power to see the future back then i would have moved nearby to skywalker ranch and worked my way up for todays exciting events. Hefck i would even be a grip.

Good interview, thanks for sharing with us.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  3. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Jedsithor: LOVE the opening crawl!

Another great interview! =D=

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

Also: Yes, Jedsithor, I agree with you completely about other stuff as well such as you do talk too much. Deleting the stuff in the post that I did not mean to quote was the most tedious experience I have ever had on these boards ever. I loved your answers until replying to them made me want to die.

:p

5. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    This is why I just copy/pasted what I wanted to quote and then used the BB Code. I didn't even want to go there.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Oh I could have written a lot more, believe me. Most of the questions were given to me in a single batch, presumably with the expectation that I'd take a few days to go over them, think about my answers and reply over the course of a few days. I answered them all in a single night. I did the same when I got a second batch of questions. Had I been given a third batch, I'd have written a book by now. :p

7. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Awesome interview. Nice use of quotes with your teacher XD.

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Jedsithor Don't worry about having talked too much... it was a great interview to read. :D

Dak Oolron likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, it was. I would consider it "value packed".

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. Jedsithor

Oct 1, 2005
    50% EXTRA Free!

Dak Oolron likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You talked too much.

I HATE YOU

12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Excellent interview.

13. Jedsithor

Oct 1, 2005

Marry me!

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  15. aesium

aesium Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2004
    These have been great to read.

16. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    If anyone wants to interview old Lando I promise not to give long answers.

Honest.

17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    >> PRIORITY ONE TRANSMISSION DETECTED <<

>> RECIEVING ON ALL CHANNELS <<

>> DESERTION IN PROGRESS <<

>> ALL UNITS CONVERGE ON PROVIDED COORDINATES <<

[​IMG] ATTENTION ALL LOYAL FORCES [​IMG]

Treachery is afoot! A top secret operation has been compromised and a once-loyal-but-now-really-scummy member of our forces has defected to the enemy! Early reports suggest that this coward fled from following standard Imperial Landing Zone Sanitation Procedure.

[​IMG]
    Can't be too careful about those space germs.

Luckily, our swift scout outriders have managed to identify and pursue a local that is believed to be aiding this traitor in his escape. Once apprehended, the scouts quickly established that this was not, in fact, the rebel collaborator but only a person of a similar name and appearance. Due to the fact that our Senior Sane Advisor is on medical leave in the Corellian Asylum, no one was around to point this out to the Interrogators who proceeded to interrogate the captive anyway.

[​IMG]
    Or someone did point out but they figured that hey, since we're so far along with this might as well go all the way, eh?

We give you our this week's guest Ridley Solo !

------------------

1. How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums?

I don't remember. I think I was doing a search for Episode 3 news some time around 2003 and stumbled across one of those crazy rumor threads...like the one that Padme' didn't die and became Mon Mothma or something crazy like that. I lurked all through waiting for Episode 3, mostly haunting the Picture thread. I've still got some of those leaked behind the scenes things on my computer! I left after the premiere and didn't come back and sign up until 2006, when there was a post on the Star Wars message boards looking for Jedi in Southern California. I found both the Jedi Assembly and, by extension, the local FanForce. That and reading FanFiction were the only things I explored on the boards...until this Big News.

2. I have to admit I am not very familiar with FanForce and the activities involved with it. How does that work, any specific events/activities you'd single out?

The Fan Force is/are local groups of Star Wars fans that get together for meetings, activities, and sometimes do things in conjunction with the 501st and Rebel Legion. One of the events I did twice with my local FanForce was Christmas parade. Unfortunately in 2009 the local FanForce was taken over by a man who fancied himself the next Palpatine. People started leaving and now there are maybe three left....and I'm not one of them. Sad, really. :(

3. Any specific kinds of fan fiction that you particularly enjoyed?

I'm a total sucker for anything that includes alternate endings for Revenge of the Sith where Anakin doesn't turn to the Dark Side and becomes an exiled Jedi, trying to hide from his past and raise his family on some remote world. In the last couple of years I've gotten more into the Luke/Mara romance genre...but not since the news of Episode 7 broke.

4. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

That would probably be a toss-up between seeing the OT for the first time at three years old (not in the theater; dad rented them), and raising my nephew on Star Wars. He could identify nine characters by 18 months and saw first ROTJ, then TPM at the age of two and a half...and got hooked. My sister keeps saying 'it's all your fault!' I just smile and laugh.

5. What is your favorite Star Wars possession? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

I don't collect because of limited shelf space and too many other interests...but my most prized possession is an original 1976 hardcover copy of 'Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker'. It's missing the dust jacket, but it's awesome.

6. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

Heck, no! I firmly believed that Episode 3 was it and all we'd have to look forward to was the Clone Wars and that stupid animated comedy that (thankfully) got cancelled.

7. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

I was mad, honestly. I felt like George was a traitor. After all those years talking about how much he hated big corporations, he sold his to one of the behemoths of the world! After about a week when it sunk in we'd be getting a new movie out of this deal, I accepted it. It took a few months for the excitement to kick in.

8. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?
    Only as a lurker. My favorite part was downloading all those behind the scenes pictures. I filled up two CDs with them!

9. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

I don't want to know too much about the plot, if anything at all. I am DYING for a behind-the-scenes picture of Luke as a Jedi. Once I see that, I will happily retreat until the trailer drops.

10. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

I don't know....I don't really have a favorite. Probably the Solo/Skywalker lineage of a particular young lady with the last name Ridley...

11. And the least favorite?

That Luke is the villain. I can stand anything else...just please, for the love of everything holy, don't destroy my childhood hero!

12. We now know (probably) all of the most important cast members. What are your thoughts on these new faces? Who do you think will play who?

I don't know anything about anyone in the cast except Andy Serkis. I don't watch movies very often and so have no clue who the rest of them are. I've watched a few clips of Ridley and think she can pull off a strong female character, but beyond that...*shrugs*. I also have no idea who will play who, but I'm HOPING Daisy plays the daughter of Han and Leia. I'd settle for it if she was a Skywalker, but I honestly would prefer her to be a Solo.

13. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST?

Somebody insanely creepy...maybe enough to give you nightmares. Grievous, IMO, was the worst Star Wars villain in history because he was totally nonthreatening...and he coughed too much. We need Star Wars to bring back the creepy villains! Not gory, you understand...just creepy. Given his resume I think Max von Sydow would do nicely.

14. And the Hero?

Somebody with just the right mix of strength, humor, selflessness, and talent, but with enough flaws to be three-dimensional. I'm perfectly happy with the rumors of Daisy Ridley and John Boyega as two of the new trio.

15. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

I don't know why, but I keep seeing Andy Serkis playing a little fish-like bounty hunting sidekick like the guy in the season finale of Season One of the Clone Wars...and no, I don't remember his name.

16. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

They HAVE to put in the Wilhelm and 1138 in there somewhere. It wouldn't be Star Wars without them!

17. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

I'm trying really hard to be optimistic. I mean, between the actors, what we've seen of the sets, and the fact that the legendary John Williams is returning to do the score, why shouldn't it be awesome? On the flip side, I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable. All I ask now is a fun movie that stays true to the spirit of Star Wars. It doesn't have to be 'the best movie in history' to be great.

18. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

Now that you mention it...
    The setup is that Driver, a Solo, has been revealed as the villain, has badly hurt 'Kira', who happens to be his little sister.
    Han, who is enraged that his little girl has been injured, is dispatched quickly. Meanwhile Driver and Boyega duel until he, too, is defeated. Even Chewbacca cannot do anything. At the last minute Luke intervenes. Between them they make a mess of the place, including starting a fire. Luke is rather brutal with his nephew, but stops at the last minute to try and convince him to come back. Driver flees, leaving behind a saddened father, a new enemy in Boyega, and a mortally-wounded Kira. Luke, meanwhile, is reminded of why he became a Jedi in the first place and is more like himself. He turns to tend to Kira.
    Han, Boyega, and Chewie rush up to Kira, worried about her condition. Kira is near death. Luke, without another word but with tears swimming in his eyes, stretches out his hand and uses the Force to heal her. Kira rises looking shook up and, trembling, thanks Luke before going on to beg him to help with the looming battle. Luke agrees and rises to his feet, nearly collapsing. The Force fight and healing Kira took a lot out of him. Han and Boyega both catch him as the fire rages. The group hurries out of the castle and to the Falcon. They fly away, leaving the castle in flames.

19. “The Force Awakens” has been confirmed as the title of Episode 7. What are your thoughts on that?

It could be better, but then it could be worse. I'll give it another month to see if it grows on me.

20. Of course, we have now seen the first official footage from Episode 7 as well, in the Teaser. What are your thoughts on that?

LOVE IT!!!! I was totally jazzed to see it. My favorite parts were the Daisy Ridley sequence, the X-wings over the water, and the Falcon's insane barrel roll. My only critiques were, no OT characters, and it was WAY too short. bring on the theatrical trailer! [face_dancing]

21. We also know that Rian Johnson is directing Episode 8. What are your thoughts on that?

Rian who??? (I told you I don't watch many movies!)

22. Who would you like to see direct Episode 9?

A woman, just to shake things up and show that guys aren't the only ones capable of directing Star Wars. ;)

23. What do you think will be Abrams’ level of involvement with the franchise as a whole?

I don't know. I don't know what his personality is like. But as big a fan as he is, I can't see him just directing 7 and then saying goodbye.

24. The Spin Offs are quite an unknown at this point. What are your thoughts on those? Anything specific you’d like to see? Something you hope NOT to see?

I honestly don't care about the spin-offs. You're looking at someone who regularly skipped ahead in books to see what happened to Luke while totally ignoring the villains. Han Solo might be interesting...if they could find a good enough Harrison Ford doppleganger.

25. The big EU reboot. It has been a somewhat divisive issue among fans, quite understandably so. What are your thoughts on this?

I quit EU after they killed Chewbacca. I'm more than happy to let everything go, including Jaina Solo, in favor of new movies.

26. Do you plan to follow the new EU?

I don't have time; between doing my own writing and trying to find full-time work. From now on, I'm only following the movies. Maybe that makes me lazy, but... :p

27. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Are you going to strangle me if I say I don't have any opinion on those...at least not yet? I mean, it might be cool to see the generation after THIS one fighting evil, but...it is possible to go overboard. Some things are better left to the imagination.

28. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

Animated, following the madcap adventures of Luke and Biggs when they were ten years old. Show Luke from age 5 to age 12 growing up on Tatooine; his relationship with his aunt and uncle, how he meets Biggs, basically the events that shape his life. I'd have plenty of humor in there, too. Actually I've got this idea that Luke 'borrows' the family landspeeder at 13 and goes joyriding with Biggsand maybe a couple other friends.

29. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

I love ALL of them for different reasons! But if you pushed me, I'd have to say it's a toss-up between ESB and ROTJ. TPM, though, if my go-to choice for introducing small children to Star Wars. My nine month old niece has already seen it and LOVES it.

30. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

Again, a toss-up. When I was little the amputation of Luke's hand scared me so much I'd hide behind the couch until it was over. The saddest scene used to be when the Ewok died. Now the two scenes that always make me cry without fail are the 'You were the Chosen One!' from ROTS and the scene in ROTJ where Anakin, after redeeming himself, dies.

31. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

Padme living longer and going into hiding with Leia, THEN dying. Leia remembering her mother at birth just isn't believable.

32. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

I don't know if I've ever used it inappropriately, but the most embarrassing time was when I was in self-defense class and my teacher misquoted a line from ANH. So then I pop up and correct him with: "No, actually it was: 'If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.'" *cue crickets* Quietest. Room. Ever.

33. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

If they have a cure for myopia, I'd be a pilot. If not? Librarian in the Jedi Archives.

34. Favorite Force ability?

Telekinesis. I can't tell you how many dreams I've had where I can move objects with the Force...and then I wake up and find out it wasn't real.

35. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

Want the long list or the short list? Let's see...hiking, rock-climbing, camping, going for walks, playing with my niece and nephew, exploring, reading, cycling, horsebackriding, building with Legos, holiday card-making, photography, cinematography, sewing costumes, and baking.

36. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

Stargate SG1!

37. Any specific goals you hope to achieve in the near future?

Finishing my education and getting a full-time job!

------------------

That would be all for this week and we implore our Senior Update Expert EHT to connect the appropriate wires while we publicly thank our guest Ridley Solo for taking the time to join us!

Star Destroyer Impulsive -- End transmission.
    [​IMG]

Immortiss, Buddha Fett, TKT and 4 others like this.
  18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    (FYI, I changed the title because I happened to notice it... sorry for taking your job EHT :p )

Another great interview! =D=

[face_laugh] I did something very similar. I'd look to see how far ahead a Luke and/or Mara part would be, and sometimes if it was really far away, I'd still read but skim a little bit.

Loved your idea for a TV series!

19. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Dissent in the ranks! Treachery at every step!

:p

20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Interesting interview! Well done!

The Hellhammer likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Lovely to get those insights, there, Ridley Solo. These interviews have generally been really good and this one is certainly a solid sample of this thread.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I will get her back, somehow. [face_devil] :p

Another great interview!

Edit: I added Ridley Solo to the list in the original post.

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Ridley Solo I'm so happy that your niece will have a great SW influence in her life; fantastic interview. :D

Dak Oolron and The Hellhammer like this.
  24. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Nice work with the extended family :D Hope they enjoy the new movie as much as you do.
    Awesome interview as always

The Hellhammer likes this.
  25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    28. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

Animated, following the madcap adventures of Luke and Biggs when they were ten years old. Show Luke from age 5 to age 12 growing up on Tatooine; his relationship with his aunt and uncle, how he meets Biggs, basically the events that shape his life. I'd have plenty of humor in there, too. Actually I've got this idea that Luke 'borrows' the family landspeeder at 13 and goes joyriding with Biggsand maybe a couple other friends.

could be good. i find it hard to believe the greatest jed of all time showed no force sensitivity whatsoever until he was 17 years old.

great interview guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.