main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Ziggy Stardust.

Dra---, Mystery Roach and StoneRiver like this.
  2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    As an enormous Bowie fan, I was tempted to like this post just on principle, but I can't for the life of me figure out the context of it.

Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The Hellhammer

[​IMG]

A great look behind the curtain of The Hellhammer. :D

Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
  4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Sorry. It is in reference to The Hellhammer's wish to be an intergalactic Rock Star in the GFFA.

5. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Man, I need to get famous around here so I can get in on this. Each of my answers would be as long as the Old Testament. :p

Ridley Solo, Darth Punk and Dra--- like this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    These interviews are all downhill after being reminded of a decade old discussion about microwaving peeps. :p

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Oh duh. That makes sense now.

Anyway great job all around. I've been neglecting to say how great these interviews are the last couple of times because I've come to just take that fact for granted, but I do appreciate them. Nice to see the interrogator get a taste of his own medicine too. :)

Edit: I know you already liked my comment, but I should probably call out Circular Logic specifically for a job well done taking the reins.

8. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999

Now THIS is an intergalactic rockstar, check out the roadies around the 4 minute mark. (If you are not familiar with this song, please listen to the whole thing!).

9. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Thank you Circular Logic for giving us a much needed break from the guy that normally oversees these interviews. :p

10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    If I was a rock star in AGFFA, I'd want to be a changeling. I feel like I'd make more money pandering to each species.

T-R- and Dra--- like this.
  11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Another great interview!!!

T-R- and Dra--- like this.
  12. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Hellhammer, if you ever need anyone in your Intergalactic band, let me know. I'm actually a pretty damn good rhythm guitar player and bassist (old school metal).

Ziggy Stardust reply: <3 I love you.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Another great interview! All of us victims interviewees really looked forward to seeing the tables turned on The Hellhammer getting grilled. :p

T-R-, Dra---, Circular Logic and 2 others like this.
  14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Like this?
    [​IMG]
    ;)

15. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Another fantastic interview! CL did a great job taking the head for this interview, and it was very enjoyable to see the regular host, The Hellhammer, be interviewed.

16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The Imperial Spoiler Surveillance Station would like to thank everyone for their support and also to post a

NOTICE
    stating that as of this moment, the interview applications are once again closed. Our bureaucratic droids are working overtime to sort the situation as is, a further extension of the list may easily result in a main reactor core breach. Or we'll need to order more breeches for detainees interviewees? Something or other. Anyway, thanks to everyone who signed up, see you next thursday with an update!

KED12345 and Dra--- like this.
  17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Well, at least you didn't have to close applications due to lack of interest. :p

The Hellhammer likes this.
  18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    ...and so the Circular Rebellion has been foiled. A rogue element of this operation has attempted to take over not only our Gamorrean brandy storage facilities, but the Enhanced Questioning Center as well. Luckily, this sinister, blasphemous plot has been prevented from spreading by a rapid response of our troops, as they heroically vented the entire section into space and shot the helpless, flailing traitors from a safe distance. Once more, the Imperial Spoiler Surveillance Station is under the control of it's legal owners... not counting that piece we shot out into space. Either way, the Empire prevails once again!

[​IMG]

As part of our patriotic celebrations, we have decided to broadcast the interrogation of one of the instigators of the pathetic uprising, who dared suggest that we should interrogate the interrogator! We give you StoneRiver !

----------------------

1. How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums?

Accidentally! Bored at work when I had an office job, searching for SW. I mainly lurked to start with, and then started posting around the 3SA days.

2. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

Opening my Christmas presents from my Nan (RIP) around 1980 I think, maybe 1981. A brand spanking new Millenium Falcon and 7 action figures. I can't remember if I'd seen any of the films at that point, but I remember the toys and I think it was them that initially hooked me. And then that would be followed very closely with the time my Nan (the same Nan) took me to see ANH, TESB and RotJ in a triple bill showing in '83 or '84.

3. What is your favorite Star Wars possesion? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

Hmmm, that's a tough one, I've got a fair bit. But I love my two and three quarter foot Darth Vader. I love my stormtrooper onesie. Ah, I know, my original trilogy VHS tapes. They say special edition on them, but that's only because the sound was remastered or something. They most certainly are not the '97 special editions (I have those aswell). The films themselves are the original unaltered versions.
    [​IMG]

4. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

No, no, and thrice, no. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect it to happen. I'm so chuffed it is.

5. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

I was (and still am) very optimistic about it, especially as it was GL's story that was also sold as part of the deal. And then when JJ was announced, along with Arndt I thought, and still think, we are in very safe hands.

6. What do you think is the reason behind Arndt being let go from the scriptwriting duties? Regular process or sinister conspiracy?

Those that are familiar with my posts will know I'm forever the optimist. So with that being said, I believe the "change of focus" reason given, but I'd like to think that Abrams and Kasdan took over the Arndt script because Arndt didn't have the time to make the changes as he was needed on the EPVIII story. I like to think there wasn't a "conflict" of interests, so I'd go with regular process.

7. Do you think Abrams should direct all of ST or have a different director for each episode?

Good question, there are pros to him doing all three and there are pros to him not. If he were to direct all three then we would probably get a stylistically consistent trilogy of films, all of the Abrams standard and tone. For me personally, I think I would prefer three different directors for each movie. I want them to mesh as an entirety, and I'm confident they will but I'd also like to see different peoples emphasis of the story. What would they focus on compared to the movie before?

8. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

I didn't post much back then but I was convinced Anakin would be given a red sabre when he became Darth Vader and the final duel would be a red on blue affair. I was wrong. Wait a minute, that's not my favourite moment, that's just a story about me being wrong. To be honest I don't really remember many of the theories from back then so my favourite moment from that time, well, my three favourite moments were each time I entered the cinema to watch an episode for the first time.

9. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

Very. Spoilers don't bother me, my enjoyment of whatever I've spoiled is no less for it. And no matter how spoiled one is, there are always surprises.

10. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

I don't want to show bias toward anyone so I'll choose my own :p . How about my idea for a small group of Sith all following one Sith Lord - no more ridiculous rule of two. It was one line for God's sake "always two there are, no more, no less" meaning they've killed one but there is another, not "Only two there are, no more, no less" meaning there are only ever two. Well, that's how I always understood it... before the dark times, before the EU expansion. And I do like my ideas about Plagueis sponsering/subsidising the Rebellion. Or contributing to the rebuilding of the Republic. Or maybe both [face_devil]

11. And the least favorite?

Any of the theories that are advocating a new story, that 1 thru 6's story is done and it's gotta be a new threat and new adventures. To me that goes against what the episode numbers mean. The story was done. It was finished. But now with the announcement of 3 more episodes, that story isn't done after all. I've said it many times before, but it bears repeating, our understanding and perception of the events of the Saga so far are going to have to be altered for further episodes to warrant themselves.

12. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST and who would you cast to play him?

Someone who is somehow connected to the previous 6 episodes. Someone who seems impossible to defeat. Someone that's gonna cause real concern for our heroes and keep the audience on the edge of their seat. I wouldn't have said this a few years ago, but I'd give it to Leonardo DiCaprio.

13. And the Hero?

Well Han was my favourite when I was a kid so my version of the new hero would be Han and Leia's son, trained in the ways of the Force by Luke, but he doesn't follow strict rules. A scoundrel Jedi, kind of. He'd use a blaster as well as his lightsabre. He wouldn't have a problem shooting first, but he'd have good morals. Based on your answer to this question last week, it would seem we have very similar ideas :p . If I had a time machine I'd cast Brad Pitt from the Thelma and Louise days, before he was known.

14. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

Obviously 3PO and R2 will be there but I'd introduce a third droid in the mix. I'd nab 11-4D from the Plagueis book so he can banter with 3PO while R2 is off with Luke (or the new hero). Who knows, he may even end up serving as a plot device later on ;) . Then some sort of alien sidekick, I'd like to see an in-shape Besalisk nomad type, who tells stories of the things he's seen, cracks sarcastic jokes and always uses two blasters in a gunfight.

15. What do you think should be the fates of Luke, Han and Leia?

I'm not entirely sure what I'd like their fates to be, but I'll have a go. Luke must become the wise Jedi grand master, but I'd like to play it differently and not have him killed, but rather have him as the link between the netherworld of the Force and the material domain. I'd like Luke to be in all three films of the ST, maybe dying in the final episode, only to come back more powerful than you can possibly imagine, and deal the finishing blow to the ultimate baddie (whoever that may be).
    Han, well it's become a bit of a cliche, but he should go out in a blaze of glory. His death would mean the victory of EPVII for our heroes, and provide the same heroes the motivation to win overall.
    Now Leia is a tough one. Has she learned from Luke and is now a Jedi? Has she shunned the Force and stayed in the political arena? It's a tough one, but I think I'd like to see her remain in a political role, have someone try to pull the wool over her eyes, but she has the savvy to see through the deception. Yeah, I'd like that.

16. How about Lando? He seems to take a back seat in speculation here. Do you think he should play a role in the ST and what kind of role?

I'm not gonna be liked for this, but I don't really see much for Lando as a character in the ST, unless his offspring are involved. To me his story was really completed. He was introduced as friend, did the double cross, then atoned for his sins. I'm not sure he's needed, but then we don't know where the story is going and we don't know his role is (if any) in it. I'd be happy to see him if he is more than fan service, but if he's not required I won't be losing any sleep over it.

17. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

I hadn't given this any thought to be honest, but I think it would be kinda cool if the film visited a junk planet and sat in amongst the debris on the surface was the Delorean from Back to the Future. But only seen quickly, and only if you're looking for it. Like ET in TPM, certainly not stand out noticable.

18. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

Oh come on Mr. Hammer, I'm very optimistic, otherwise I wouldn't be here in the 7SA and I'd hang out in the saga forum.

19. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

Well, I've been threatening a few of my compadres here with a synopsis for EPVII, but it's taking me ALOT longer than anticipated. But I am getting there, so here's the opening scene;
    A large starcruiser, a design we haven't seen before but reminiscent of Banking Clan ships from The Clone Wars, glides across the screen. It is being attacked by multiple fighters and is followed by a smaller starcruiser.
    A transport ship departs the second starcruiser and flies towards the first ship's hanger, dodging the laser fire.
    The transport lands in the docking bay and large group of pirates emerge. The pirates are made up of various species including Gran, Nikto, Weequay, Dug, Rodian, a couple of new species and of course Human.
    The pirates quickly overpower the onboard security forces, killing most of them but also taking a few prisoners, and take over the ship.
    The fighters retreat into the hanger of the smaller starcruiser, and then both of the larger ships jump into hyperspace.
    WIPE
    It would be about 10 to 15 minutes in length, and there would be some dialogue and exposition but I'm trying not to get that detailed in my little bit of fanfic.

20. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

I think I'd have to go for an animated/CGI series in the vein of TCW and Rebels, set between RotJ and EPVII. Unfortunately, that's about all I've got on it because the story would depend on the state of the GFFA at the start of EPVII. But failing that, I would love to have a 10 episode live action adaptation of the Plagueis novel - a younger Palpatine back story - yes please!

21. What do you think the state of the galaxy will be as we head in to Episode 7?

I've put my thoughts on this across before, but incase anyone missed it; I believe the PT and OT GFFA was comparable to a single country in our world. As in the entire GFFA was answerable to one senate like one country is answerable to their own government. I'd like the GFFA to be more comparable to our world as it is now, with various territories (countries in our world) living under their own laws and governed by their own people. But then these governments would meet to discuss the larger, overarching, galactic policies (comparable to our own United Nations).
    Various factions living side by side in a cautious union. I'd like the GFFA to be at peace generally, but it's a fragile peace. This territory likes that territory but doesn't deal with the territory over there, and so on and so forth. Does that make sense?

22. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Nay. I think 9 is enough for this particular story. I want a tenth, eleventh, twelfth, etc, film... but just because it's a new film it doesn't have to have an episode number. I think this saga should end at 9. I think it would be quite offputting for newbies if the episode numbers go too high. And besides, I'd like other stories about other people. I am really looking forward to the spin offs, I think the potential for them is endless.

23. Any specific spin offs you'd like to see?

I'd like the obligatory Obi-Wan, and Plagueis/Sidious. Also I think a young Count Dooku would be very interesting as you could also involve Qui-Gon, Yoda and maybe even Mace. 4 spins offs in one go :D . But really, I think the potential of the spin offs is in the characters we know nothing about. The background characters that possibly have a very colourful and interesting story to tell, but have absolutely nothing to do with the story of the saga. For me, that where the potential lies. Rather than relying on established characters, create some new ones.

24. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

I don't really have one. It changes with my moods. AotC is very underated IMO (apart from the romance). I walked out from that film and turned to my mate a said that is very SW. I suppose ANH would be my favourite, but I can honestly say they've all been my favourite at one point or another.

25. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

Quite an obvious one here, but the ghost scene at the end of RotJ. The good guys have won, everyone is happy, and Luke brought Anakin back. To me it really serves as the icing on the cake following the awesome throne room scene. A close second would be the lava beach scene with Anakin and Obi-Wan. Hayden and Ewan really did well there.

26. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

The dual use of the word poodoo. When Jabba says it in RotJ the subtitle clearly says "fodder". When Sebulba calls Anakin bantha poodoo, he calls him bantha fodder. Yet when Sebulba exclaims it when his racer crashes he's very obviously not saying fodder. When the Dug in AotC says Jedi poodoo, he is not saying Jedi fodder. Oh, and the rule of two.

27. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

Well, I've done the "I know", and I've even done the Family Guy version, but they were taken in the manner in which they were meant. So I guess the least appropriate use would be "No, no, no. This one goes there. That one goes there." That's all I can say about that. Although to be fair, it was kinda appropriate at the time. Does that count?

28. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

Illegal Spice Trader? Death Stick Dealer? No, no no, I jest. Some sort of pilot, that would be cool, very cool. Or maybe a cantina owner, experiencing the everyday life of the everyday inhabitants of the GFFA.

29. Favorite Force ability?

A simple one really, but the Jedi mind trick can be quite useful. And I do enjoy the scenes in the films when it doesn't work. It's a simple idea, but a really cool power. I remember as a kid mimicking Ben and waving my hand. But saying that, who didn't out of my generation of SW fans?

30. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

I watch a lot of films. I play a little guitar. I'm an avid follower of WWE. I've been a rock singer for 20 of the last 25 years. I used to write songs. But unfortunately I've lost my mojo. I've gotta try to find my muse, I'd like to get inspired again.

That was me in my most recent band (still a few years ago though), with what was probably our least commercial song. If anyone is interested see my signature for more, and if by some small chance anyone is interested further I've got plenty more I can send. :D
    And just because I'm dead proud, here's a good video with a great story. It's not my band, but my daughter is the actress in it. I tried convincing her to go to the open auditions (she's 18 this year) but we left it too late :(

I can't watch that all the way through without getting emotional!

31. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

Is Monty Python a franchise? I also like the usuals; LotR, Marvel (including X-Men and both Spidermans), Batman(Nolan). I've got the HP films and I enjoy them, but they don't grab me if you know what I mean? And then I like TV shows too; GoT, Peep Show, The Young Ones, Modern Family, Bottom, The Big Bang Theory, The Comic Strip Presents... I could go on and on.

32. Any specific goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year?

I'm desperate to get my sleeve finished, but everytime I get a spare bit of cash an unexpected bill rears it's ugly head. I've had the design for ages and I'd love to get that done by the end of the year but I doubt it'll happen. So a more realistic goal would be to finish decorating my SW themed house (3/4 way through so far), then maybe I'll throw a little party [face_party] . I'm also hitting 40 in a few weeks and I've promised my son I'll give up smoking, so that is another goal, and it will happen. If I promise my kids, it get's done.

----------------------

Not only has our guest provided some very useful information for future use, he has seen the error of his ways and with his last ounce of strength passed our guard a blood-stained statement to be read publicly: "Well, thank you for the interrogation The Hellhammer, I can see things much more clearly now. And if I may, a short word to the Order - 'Three down, Three to go'"

Thanks everyone for the support and thanks to StoneRiver for taking the time to answer our questions!

19. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Some interesting thoughts, Mr StoneRiver...
    Well, except the DiCaprio one. :D
    Oh, just one little thing, this time for Mr Hellhammer. It's April, for God's sake, we're not barely into 2014., we're well in it. ;)

T-R-, StoneRiver and The Hellhammer like this.
  20. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, true that hahah. Forgot to change it when I copy the questions, good point. Edited it now :p

Visivious Drakarn and T-R- like this.
  21. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I know exactly what you mean. But his most recent performances in Django Unchained and moreso The Wolf of Wall Street, amongst others, he's really gone up in my estimations.

22. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    strong return The Hellhammer

StoneRiver solid onesey. good interview too. my daughter's 18, she went for the open audition, (that's what lead me to these boards). what i mostly got from your interview, is that you'd be a good laugh to have a beer with.

Dra---, Immortiss, T-R- and 2 others like this.
  23. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I would've went with Ace Frehley. I think his style might be a little bit more The Hellhammer, although you never know ;)

Great job everyone!

The Hellhammer and StoneRiver like this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now, that's how to interview someone... include audio clips of their falsetto. The bar has been raised. Next person up better include a mixtape of them spitting hot fyah.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Another happy interview! Good job!

Dra---, The Hellhammer and StoneRiver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.