main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Always a treat StoneRiver, a highlight. The Hellhammer thanks for putting these out. It does promote community here.[face_peace]

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes. Now we only hate each other a little less of the time!

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    StoneRiver Well done/excellent interview! :D

Thought's on the Undertaker's Mania streak coming to an end?

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Trust me, I know the feeling. ;)

The Hellhammer likes this.
  5. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    You know, DarthTunick I never got a chance to say how nice it was to hear from you in your interview. It was fun to have you featured so prominently outside of the GIL thread. :)

6. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    The OotCS strikes again! Before long I'll be the only one who hasn't done one of these. I might have to get in on the next round. Great job guys!

7. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Too late to edit but I just realized I totally messed up that acronym. Oops.

Darth Punk , Immortiss and StoneRiver like this.
  8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Thank you :)
    It hasn't been a good week for me. I've been a Taker fan since his debut and I thought the streak was gonna be his lasting legacy. I just hope they use it right to build Brock back up to an unstoppable monster; don't waste "breaking the streak"...
    And then the following day my childhood favourite passes, so soon after building his bridges. RIP Warrior.

Darth Punk - your insight serves you well ;) If we're ever in the same neck of the woods, the first round's on me

Immortiss - You're too kind sir ^:)^

Mystery Roach - Circle does sound like should start with an S ;)

Thanks everyone, it was a most enjoyable interrogation. (Hmmm, that doesn't sound right [face_tee_hee])

9. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Hey, we knew what you meant...at least I did. OotCC

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I didn't, I just assumed he'd been punched in the gut

11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    StoneRiver: Great interview, but your singing stole the show. Seriously impressed with that. Shared it with my drummer friend who plays rock. I've always been a kind of Deftones-Ministry-NIN person, but I really dug the sort of neo psych rock sound you guys were making. And you can sing! So rare in rock bands these days, singers.

Looking forward to that synopsis of yours. I have some advice for getting in the writing mood. Robert Olen Butler suggests creating a dream space for yourself and then sticking to it. So find a comfortable place for writing and return to that same space everyday at the same time; your mind will become accustomed to the process and the imagination will open. Doing this right after waking up is also key, as it's our unconscious that's the real storyteller. ;)

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    And drink lots and lots of coffee too to get the creative juices flowing.

StoneRiver, The Hellhammer and Dra--- like this.
  13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Doing this right after waking up is also key.

StoneRiver and Dra--- like this.
  14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

That would be nice, but, even as a fan of Taker (he's my #3 favorite wrestler of all time), I'm still in favor & very much like how the streak ended.

StoneRiver likes this.
  15. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    They ended the streak at the right time with the cover of Daniel Bryan winning everything. My only gripe is using a part timer to do it. Someone could have made a career off of that Taker win. Not saying some rookie should have gotten the win, but someone who has been around but hasn't quite gotten to the next level maybe.

StoneRiver likes this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Another great interview. :cool:

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Getting caught up....

Great interviews Hellhammer and StoneRiver! =D=

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Let the next one commence!

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Mitch Hedberg Lives and now also Rocks! Rock on, my good man! :p

StoneRiver likes this.
  20. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Thanks for the writing advice guys. Coffee - check. A working space - check. Finding space in my life to create a routinely available time - the jury's out. ;)
    Seriously though, thank you - I've taken your counsel on board :D

and Dra--- - Stop it, you'll make me blush [face_blush] ;)

Dra--- likes this.
  21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    With the very public confession of one of the instigators of the recent takeover of the SSS (or the Truth Bastion, as we like to call it) the rebellious elements among our ranks are being put back in line. Unfortunately we cannot afford to line them up and shoot the lot, since all our requests for reinforcements have gone unanswered. Come to think of it... we haven't really heard much from the Imperial Command in quite a while. Well, they'll come in sooner or later. Gotta ask them about that Endor thing as well, I wonder how that went.

Anyway. Our duty is to broadcast this public service educational program, and we will not neglect our duty.

[​IMG]
    "You. Interview. Now."

Today, our guest is LunarMoth ! Take a seat, shoot a traitor, grab a Gamorrean brandy and enjoy the show.

-----------------

1. How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums?

I’m not exactly sure when I came across the forum itself, but I became aware of TheForce.net a few months before Episode I. I wasn’t a big internet guy at that time, but I did visit TheForce.net often to check up on Ep.I stuff and continued all the way through Ep. III.

I signed up for the forum soon after the Disney/ST announcement for a few reasons, not the least of which was that I felt like I had a lot to say about it and wanted to take part in the festivities this time around.

2. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

There are so many it’s hard to choose…..

I had won a set of Star Wars posters at a fair of some sort when I was kid. The same day I had gotten in some trouble and the posters were taken away by my mother until I "learned my lesson". Well, she hid them somewhere never to be seen again. For years, every time I had a chance, I would look for them in her closet, the attic, everywhere. Eventually it became a joke where every time something was said about looking for something, I would ask if she found my Star Wars posters. This went on well into my 20s.
    Never did see those posters again, but the joke over the years was entertaining enough to be worth it.

3. What is your favorite Star Wars possession? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

I honestly don’t have lot of stuff. I don’t collect, but lots of people give me Star Wars things as gifts during the holidays and birthdays.

I do have original Yoda and Boba Fett figures that I have on display in my studio.

4. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

I did not see a Sequel Trilogy coming at all. However, I always fully expected more TV series like Clones Wars and now, Rebels, as well as spin-offs and origins films. I also thought it would be possible that we would get films set in the distant past that lead up the main Saga.

I also thought that the time would come when the post ROTJ time period would be covered in animated form.

5. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

I actually got the news late. I live in New Jersey, and we had just been clobbered by that big storm. I had no power for a while, and had taken my family to a family member’s house. When the news broke, I got a text from a friend saying “Did you know about this?”. I work with and around a lot of industry people, so all my friends think I get a heads up about anything and everything (sometimes I do!). I had no clue what he was talking about, so I didn’t respond right away. A little bit later I saw the news scroll along the bottom of the TV screen. My first thoughts were of where the story would/could go. Almost immediately certain things stood out in my mind.

6. What would be those things that stood out when you heard the news?

First I thought about the history of Star Wars in terms of the "original" plan for 9, or 12, episodes.

Then I immediately thought that the opera scene in Ep III could certainly wind up having deeper meaning.

I also thought that there could be a possibility that the Anakin ghost change in ROTJ was a way more calculated decision. Hayden C., for better or worse, had become the face of Anakin Skywalker. If he is to appear in the ST, what better way to transition that familiar face into the ST instead of giving us a fourth actor in the role. I agree that it kinda doesn't make sense that Anakin is suddenly young Anakin in the ghost scene, but I would rather make that change when they did and use him later than recast and lose the familiar visual representation of the character that was established by the PT.

7. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

I didn’t participate in the PT speculation, but I did read a lot of it. One of my favorites was the idea that Mon Mothma would turn out to be Padme somehow…… I think that speculation went as far as to say that the japore snippet necklace that Anakin gave Padme in Ep I was on Mon Mothma in ROTJ. There was even talk about secret footage having been shot that documented Luke and Leia reuniting with their mother.

8. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

I don’t plan on being spoiled at all, but sure I’ll wind up spoiled rotten by the time the film is released. That said, I would prefer to know absolutely nothing before taking my seat in the theater, but we all know that’s not possible!!

9. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

I forget who posted it, but I was intrigued by the idea of Palpatine being sought out by Anakin in the Netherworld of the Force in order to discover a weakness in the new villain, which was Plagueis in this theory, inadvertently opening the door for Palpatine to essentially follow Anakin out to a place where he can once again wreak havoc. If I remember correctly, the idea was that the VII-IX villain would be defeated by information obtained from Palpatine, and Palpatine would then be the villain in X-XII (which is the part I didn’t like…)

10. And the least favorite?

I don’t know that I have a least favorite other than ideas that are clearly presented as things people want as opposed to things that have reasonable support in the existing story. There are lots of great ideas out there, but most of them are only great ideas in a vacuum. What I mean by that is that they are good ideas in and of themselves, but they are detached from the main story and thus not at all likely scenarios as a continuation of the Saga.
    I think many are taking “continuation” to mean anything that could have happened the next day, and disregarding the established themes.

11. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST and who would you cast to play him?

The villain is really the crux of the ST. This is the single most important thing to get right. If the villain doesn’t work, the ST fails. With that said, the villain has to be connected to the story. The whole story. They must be relevant to the established themes of good versus evil established in the previous episodes.

I’m not big on guessing when it comes to stuff like this, but rather looking at the material and see what shines.

In this case, the only thing that shines is Darth Plagueis. He does everything from connecting the entire Saga to making not only Anakin, but the entire Skywalker existence even more important and necessary.

I would cast an unknown actor.

12. And the Hero?

The Skywalker bloodline, be it Luke's offspring or Leia's. If there is a no-brainer in the ST, this is it.

13. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

I'd like to see a streetwise female supporting character with a Jawa sidekick.

14. Any special cameos or Easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

I liked the idea of showing E.T.'s in the PT. I would like a little continuation of that sort of thing and have some characters from other franchises/films/tv showing up in the background.

Sleestak from Land of the Lost would be my first choice.

15. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

I want so badly for it to be great. I really feel like this ST has way more realistic potential to be great, and taken as such, than the PT. This is basically due to the element of surprise. We don't know what happens next. At all. With the PT, there really weren't any surprises. We knew where everyone would end up from the start. Some details were played out for us, which I enjoyed seeing, but going into anything knowing how it ends rarely if ever ends in true excitement.

I believe that if they are true to the story it will be great.

16. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

There are a couple things that I would like to see, but I don't think they are things that are as specific as the question asks, nor would I go as far as to say that "I came up with " them because they are merely logical extensions of what we have seen. They are more like little bits I would like to see in the tradition of Star Wars. Here are a few:

I'd love to see Anakin come to Luke and mirror the "I have felt a great disturbance in the Force" scene between Vader and Palps in ESB.

I would love to heard someone say "Where did you dig up that old fossil" referring to Han.

And Han absolutely needs to make reference to shooting first!

17. How do you think that the "passing of the torch" to the new generation of heroes should be handled in the ST?

I would like to see the torch passed in much in the same way we saw it passed in the OT. Some time has passed since the events of the previous trilogy. A new set of circumstances arise that require action. The time is right, but this time for the bad guys. The Skywalker clan has become "too old for this sort of thing", and rely on the next generation to step up to the plate.

18. What do you think should be the fates of Luke, Leia and Han?

Brutal question. If it were my call, Luke would be the only one to die, yet he would return as did Obi-Wan in the OT.

However, there is a HUGE dramatic opportunity for Han to die.

Leia is tough because its hard to imagine a character like that taking a back seat, but, I could see her in a more subtle Mon Mothma type position after the initial adventure gets underway.

I don't think you can kill them all and get away with it.

19. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

Star Wars: Ultimate Bounty is a bounty hunter tournament that brings the best of the best from around the galaxy to compete for the ultimate bounty.

The first nine episodes will serve as qualifying rounds. The hunted are chosen by the highest crime lords who have agreed to forgive their debt if they can survive the hunt. Each of these qualifying episodes will take place on a planet of the hunted's choosing. The winner will capture the hunted and deliver them to a designated location without being intercepted. A bonus will be awarded for a live delivery.

The tenth and final episode will feature the nine qualifying bounty hunters in a galaxy wide hunt with the winner claiming a large bounty and the title of Ultimate Bounty Hunter.

It's Star Wars meets The Running Man meets The Hunger Games. Live action presented as a sporting event.

20. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Nay.

I believe it is safe to say that we are getting an ST that is at very least somewhat compromised due to elements that George Lucas chose to consolidate into Return of the Jedi in order to end the story at that time. Episodes I-VI are a nice neat package that tell a cohesive story, so whatever changes/additions were made to allow for episodes VII-IX, I would hope, will give final closure to the Saga and allow the Star Wars universe to grow outside the story of this “main” Saga.

21. Any ideas in what way should it grow outside the Main Saga? Any specific spin offs you'd like to see? Or maybe a new Saga, unrelated to the main one?

Outside the main Saga, I could see single films or trilogies that take the new heroes on adventures that deal with things like crime organizations. Hutts, Black Sun, Pirates, and so on.......

As far as specific spin offs, I am a big Boba Fett nerd. I would love to see a Batman Begins style Boba Fett film that starts with him blasting his way out of the Sarlacc on a moonlight Tatooine night.... For newer characters, I would like a Cad Bane film as well.

A prequel Saga might be nice. Show us the rise and fall of the Sith and end 1000 years before Ep I when they revealed themselves to the Jedi.

22. Would you prefer to have Abrams direct all the ST Episodes or have a different director for each one? Who would you recruit for 8 and 9?

I think I'm kinda indifferent here. First of all, I don't believe that Abrams has as much power here as others seem to think. The ST story was outlined by George Lucas, and I believe that they will honor his treatments. The basic story is in place, so I'm not sure that it is needed to have the same director for all three.

With that said, if I were recruiting directors for 8 and 9, I would love to see Spielberg do one, and perhaps James Cameron.

23. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

The Empire Strikes Back. We learn the most there. It tells us there is a bigger story.

24. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

The ghost scene at the end of Return of the Jedi.

I was 10 years old when ROTJ came out. The ghost scene, and most importantly, seeing Anakin Skywalker sans the Vader suit, reminded me of my grandfather I had never met. He was from my mother’s side, and along with one of her sisters, had passed away before I was born. Years later, my mother passed away and that night I had a dream of that scene with me as Luke, and my mother, her father, and her sister in the place of the three Jedi spirits. I’m not a religious guy at all, but it was very comforting.

25. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

I really believe that there is only one thing that I would have changed about the Saga that would have made a difference in how the story was understood and believed by the viewer. This change would not have changed the story at all, but rather how invested the audience was in it.
    I would have changed Anakin’s age in Ep.I to mirror Luke’s age in Ep IV. The reason would not be simply for the sake of mirroring Luke in the OT, but more importantly to make the love story between Anakin and Padme more believable, acceptable, and compelling to the audience.

26. What examples of "mirroring" the previous movies would you like (or not like) to see in the ST?

I would like to see Luke's position in the story mirror Obi-Wans in the OT.

I would like to see the "New Threat" mirror the "New Hope" in the first film of the ST.

I would like Anakin to come to Luke and mirror the "great disturbance in the Force" scene from Empire.

27. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

Girls don’t like to hear “I thought they smelled bad on the outside.”

We’ll just leave it at that.

28. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

If my life in the GFFA mirrored my real life existence, I'd be a guy that could have been a Jedi, some people would think I was a Jedi, and would have dabbled in everything from Bounty Hunting to Pod Racing to Smuggling Spice.

If not I would probably be the guy with the ice cream machine in Cloud City.

29. Favorite Force ability?

I’m a sucker for the standard telekinesis. Scenes like Luke pulling his lightsaber out of the snow just in time to escape the Wampa far outshine some of the more elaborate things we have seen the Force used for.

And of course, you can’t argue with the Jedi Mind Trick…….

30. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

I'm one of the lucky ones whos interests and pastimes have become my livelihood. I come primarily from the music industry. I've worked for and with many of my musical heroes and well as having produced a few albums that have done pretty well. I am moving into publishing and film this year with a couple releases coming up. Some are Star Wars related to a degree, while others are not (although there is some shared cast).

31. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

Not really to the degree of Star Wars. I find myself comparing everything to Star Wars a lot.

I have enjoyed the Nolan Batman series. I have enjoyed Harry Potter (both the books and films).

32. Any specific goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year?

I have a film coming out this year that I hope will open some doors to bigger things. One thing that I love about the idea of continuing Star Wars is that I, and all of us who aspire, still have a chance to be involved.

-----------------

That's all the electricity we had for today's shock-chair and therefore we must bring this enjoyable experience to a halt. Thanks to LunarMoth for signing up and see you next thursday to celebrate the inevitable victory at Endor!

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Great interview.

Yes.

Also, title has been updated.

23. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    @LunarMoth "In this case, the only thing that shines is Darth Plagueis. He does everything from connecting the entire Saga to making not only Anakin, but the entire Skywalker existence even more important and necessary".

I've never had a set in stone opinion on Plagueis, but I like it when someone makes such an eloquent argument that i sit up and take notice.​

well done chaps​

24. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
  25. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Why did I only discover this thread now?

Well done, everyone :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.