main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Great interview.

I wonder how far down the list I am now. I may have to carry out some aggressive negotiations on those ahead of me. [face_laugh]

Dak Oolron likes this.
  2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Great interview!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey guys - thanks for the good wishes - Sadly, part of the 'hit' I'm taking with life is I have to surrender my beloved Beetle - Hard especially because I got it when life was much different, but 400 a month was just too much.

However, I did find a nice little 'replacement' that is costing me less than half as much, and only half the payments -

I think her name is 'Lucy'...

[​IMG]

Redimet, mavjade , T-R- and 6 others like this.
  4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Looks more like a Sally

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

7. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    "sally' is so cliche' -

[​IMG]

She is the ultimate 'Fussbudget' - Every day she shows me something new, like 'Yes, the alarm DOES work...' :D

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    >> PRIORITY ONE TRANSMISSION <<

>> SRT COUNCIL to ISD IMPULSIVE <<

>> ENCRYPTION CODE ESK-227 <<

>> DECODING <<

>> ACCESS GRANTED <<

[​IMG] ATTENTION ALL SSF VESSELS [​IMG]

Star Destroyer Impulsive has just recieved a priority one Cyan-Black official transmission from the Spoiler Rim Territories Council, the governing body maintaining Imperial Order in this wild region of space. The SRT Council has been diligently following the festering spread of the malignant Leeks and doing their best to contain the vile creatures. The reports provided by the Council give us a shocking insight into the deceitful minds of these mysterious invaders, even revealing shocking confessions of their treacherous agents. Seemingly loyal Imperials are pretending to be in league with the repulsive Leeks! Not only that, but they are pretending to posses inside knowledge of their workings, selfishly trying to gain glory for themselves by these lies! Luckily, the SRT Council has heard of our exploits and contacted us in this dire hour. It would seem that the Spoiler Surveillance Fleet's tactful approach has paid off.

[​IMG]
    "TACT - Targeted Asteroid-Controlled Terraforming." - Imperial Fleet Handbook, page 321.

But most important of all, not only has the SRT Council contacted us and offered their full support in restoring Imperial Order to this wild and far too hysterical section of the Galaxy, they have also sent an important dignitary to formally greet the SSF.

[​IMG]
    It was a modest reception.

Without further ado, we will let the honorable leading member of the Spoiler Rim Territories Council address the troops! Please welcome A Chorus of Disapproval !

--------------------------

1. How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums?

Recommended. I was at a rather extreme place in life, at the time, and it was recommended to me as a sort of "therapy". It sounds like an attempt to come across as edgy or whatnot to refer to oneself as not caring or apathetic but I honestly had very little value system or empathy regarding others and, while I maintained relationships, I was always cold or unresponsive to other people. A friend encouraged me to get involved in an online chat and so, in 2000, I began bringing sunshine and joy to the members of the Jedi Council Forums.

2. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

While I have met several actors from the series and owned all manner of collectible trifles from the films, I would say Empire Strikes Back at a drive-in cinema. My mother had this old aircraft carrier of a coup and I viewed the film from the car's roof. The whole situation has rather stuck with me.

3. What is your favorite Star Wars possession? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

While I own props and have a small country's worth of toys... I once was booked in a hotel across the hall from Billie Dee Williams at a convention and he was gracious enough to indulge me with an absurd amount of Colt 45 references on various autographed items. He did it all "backward". For instance, I have a signed pic of him as Lando where it says "Colt 45, It works every time" but signed "Lando" and beneath it, he wrote "May the Force be with you", signed "Billie Dee".

4. Which other actors did you meet? Any particular person/situation that left a special impression on you? Some crazy behind the scenes stories, maybe?

Too many. I used to be at 2 dozen conventions per year due to illustrating. I was in a lift with David Prowse and quietly pretended he was taking me to see the Emperor. The mood was ruined because his wife was with us and he was, apparently, taking her to see the Emperor as well.

5. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

I wasn't shocked, per se. While I didn't expect it in the common sense of the word, I always believed the possibility was reasonable. So, I suppose my answer is that, while I did not necessarily expect it, I was also not stunned by the news.

6. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

I have never had a problem with it. I have always been a Disney fan, holding the "Nine Old Men" in high regard. And, of late, their brand has absorbed quite a few subsidiaries without "Disneyfying" or corrupting the output of these other production companies. It's still LFL producing Star Wars. Just with additional resources at their disposal.

7. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

I was and it was ridiculous. In good and bad ways. It was the early stages of how we now follow the progress of things on the internet. It was like putting Herculean effort into some sort of bankrupt black ops mission just to slowly watch a pixelated image of indiscernible content appear on your computer at roughly the pace of osmosis. Everything was slower and we felt as though we were being offered some invaluable access when we were charged to sign up for Hyperspace and spend countless hours staring at a terrible webcam which was constantly aimed at important things like the fire extinguisher on the back wall of the soundstage or at a tarp where something important was probably transpiring on the other side. The speculations and fanfic plot ideas were legendary.

8. Yes, the notorious Hyperspace cam and crazy theories. Any particular moment from that crazy time you would single out in it's hilarity/insanity?

Shout out to the Sarcasm Knights. As far as "content"... the sheer futility of the "Palpatine is not Darth Sidious" crowd and that lovely Supershadow specimen are up there.

9. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

I get to read every single post in this forum. I am uncertain if "spoiled" is the description I would use to describe such a privilege.

10. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

Bob. Bob is the theory.

11. And the least favorite?

A tie between every single character being a cyborg with a mechanical arm and evil Luke who turned to the Dark Side off camera and randomly was at the bottom of a well for 30 years without his friends and family sending Lassie to look for him. Because all of it reeks of sources clamoring for a scoop based on a possible 2% of truth where the details of who or when or how long were constantly being redacted and reapplied in a different manner until the end result is a comical list of cyborg leads and extras and a randomly evil Luke who has been in prison or in self-imposed exile or on holiday or got lost or was meditating for 6 months to a year to 5 years to a decade... or 20. Or 30. Or maybe not at all. If any of this had arrived in some sort of finished form, it would not sound half as dismissable.

12. We now know (probably) all of the most important cast members. What are your thoughts on these new faces? Who do you think will play who?

No idea. I tend to not speculate in the normal sense. As in: I have never really been one to put together potential "optimal" scenarios in my head about what should be done by filmmakers and it has left me open to films which seem to have ravaged the poor minds of otherwise reasonable people because I never had an ideal for a film to not live up to. I had no say in "A New Hope" or Empire Strikes Back and, yet, those films made me an avid fan. I let Return of the Jedi arrive without pre-planning the only satisfactory plot I would accept. For the most part, I wound up loving the prequels as much as the originals due to this approach. I wasn't shocked by 9 year old Anakin or politics or Jedi being an organized religious order due, in large part, to not carrying forward my absurd childhood Kenner action figure storylines while anticipating the films. I enjoy discussing spoilers and contemplating details but... all of that to say... I tend to not plot out my ideal film while anticipating this stuff.

13. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST?

Out of the known available actors I will simply go with Max von Sydow based solely on continuing the tradition of casting tentpole actors from classic horror films in the role of villain. In an another era, the Empire would have consisted of Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi and Claude Rains as the Emperor.

14. And the Hero?

Daisy. It's about time that a woman was a lightsaber wielding lead.

15. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

I want, have always wanted, and will always want a Jawa Jedi. Because I find the visual preposterous and yet amazing. Utinni.

16. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

A Jawa Jedi. Utinni.

17. Do you think we will ever get to see an unmasked Jawa? Or are some things better left unexplored?

Leave it unexplored. A Jawa's true appearance is infinitely more important to the Star Wars mythos than the Force and its practitioners' dependence upon midichlorians. People need to get some perspective. George did right by us. He never revealed a Jawa face.

18. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

I am optimistic. I am versed in the language of internet snark and, thus, often sound like a gruff old codger about some of the more bizarro rumors but I am open to what the filmmakers are deciding to give me on opening night while remaining thankful that I am 99.9999% certain what they are planning probably looks and sounds nothing like a majority of the rubbish being "scooped" to us at present.

19. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

A Jawa Jedi. Utinni.

20. We also know that Rian Johnson is directing Episode 8. What are your thoughts on that?

I am a fan of the idea. Not because I am particularly fluent in Johnson's work but because I want to see the impact of different filmmaking sensibilities once the trilogy is complete.

21. Who would you like to see direct Episode 9?

Not Peter Jackson because that stalling punter needs to be working on my Tintin sequel.

22. What do you think will be Abrams’ level of involvement with the franchise as a whole?

Uncertain. He could be an adviser or he could potentially move away from the franchise, entirely. It is a solid question but he seems to be a man with far too many variables in his decision making.

23. What do you think Lucas' level of involvement is when the ST is concerned? How closely do you think they'll follow his ideas?

Hopefully, he gave a broad overview of what would work if they wanted to keep his original intent and they abide by that. But, I don't imagine it was a particularly stifling blueprint.

24. The Spin Offs are quite an unknown at this point. What are your thoughts on those? Anything specific you’d like to see? Something you hope NOT to see?

Obi Wan Kenobi. Not merely due to being a fan of the character but also because of the era it would take place and the availability of a reprising actor to maintain the seaming.

25. Kenobi has potential. What kind of story would you like to see, if they were to go that route?

He could very well have traveled off-world for adventures in undermining the Empire. A Kenobi film could go in a dozen directions. He could be shown to team up with a bunch of other Jedi who are being effected by Order 66 and help them leave the galaxy... if we wanted to see more Jedi. But, the idea of a desert-based Samurai film with him against the odds would probably be the ideal.

26. The big EU reboot. It has been a somewhat divisive issue among fans, quite understandably so. What are your thoughts on this? Do you plan to follow the new EU?

No. I have read various highly regarded entries in the EU and found the quality all over the spectrum. Some of the content and characters were brilliant while some aspects were about as enjoyable as getting paper cuts from the pages they were printed on.

27. What are your thoughts on The Clone Wars and the new Rebels series? Do you think these will have any impact on what we see in future movies, both ST and standalones?

TCW, I felt, required a few storylines in order to gain some steam but had some brilliance as it progressed. I suppose it warrants pondering whether the ancient Lucas quotes about the sequels being more "ethereal" have any bearing if we consider that they opted to release Yoda's adventures into the netherworld of the Force as part of the final episodes to be viewed. I have no inkling that this is at all relevant but I understand the conversation. Rebels could be a monumental red herring. Part of me completely buys into them introducing characters or plots which were crafted, explicitly, to be carried forward into the ST but I also suspect that the show could end up so self-contained by the finale that it connects to Episode IV and has no impact on much else. It really could go either way. I lean toward the belief that characters or plots will be brought along into the overall saga.

28. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Sure. Why not. I see the financial probability but I also believe there is potential in filmgoers 2 generations from now entering a cinema to see the further adventures of characters that we have not even been introduced to, yet. The idea of it actually transforming into a legitimate ongoing serial appeals to me as a fan of the artform.

29. Perhaps even exploring some different eras, the far future or the distant past of the GFFA?

Precisely. Although, if they ever chose to make Palpatine's origin story, turning it into a Buster Keaton film would be brilliant.

30. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

Not even kidding: A modern made, yet era-accurate silent film with original FX techniques. As a nod to the roots of where a film such as Star Wars comes from. But, also because it could make for an incredible, almost gothic interpretation of the series. 1902's A Trip To The Moon... with lightsabers.

31. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

Cannot decide. ESB or ROTS or ANH or TPM. I can say, with certainty, that I adore the title of The Phantom Menace above the other titles. It's glorious in the context of the genre it is paying homage to.

32. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

Simply due to being more easily effected at a younger age it would be the trash compactor sequence and/or the first view of the AT-ATs on Hoth.

33. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

The oftentimes sheer banality and argumentative nature of a contingent of its fanbase.

34. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

A friend and I say "Roger, Roger" in reply to each other in public, often, which is quite alienating. But, I once dropped a "Size matters not" in a Yoda voice when a dinner discussion turned to "male enhancement" drugs with people who work in the medical profession.

35. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

At home... rethinking my life.

36. Favorite Force ability?

Basics. Pushing people or hurling things.

37. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

I play a handful of musical instruments, including the theremin. I have drummed and sang screamed in multiple Straight Edge hardcore bands since I was 13. I worked as an illustrator for years, so I am into various art mediums. I collect film props and records. I have an unreasonable amount of classic era Jamaican rocksteady & reggae records and sometimes help select for my friend's radio show here in Philly. And, simply to add some trivia about myself, I randomly beatbox. Like, randomly. As I type this. In the shower. While grocery shopping with my wife. I have no idea how this habit formed. Probably from working out percussion configurations while not behind my drum kit.

38. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

My 2 favorite television shows when I was a child were Doctor Who and the Addams Family and they have maintained that status into my adulthood. In terms of film, Universal's classic monster films entered my life at the same early time as Star Wars and have had a comparable impact on me.

39. Any specific goals you hope to achieve in the near future?

Now that I am older, I am more actively planning my eventual move back to Ireland. Short term: Holiday in 2 weeks. And then the recently restored, hi def blu ray of Cabinet of Dr Caligari and I are going to spend innumerable hours together. But, in the very short term, I foresee banning multiple participants in the John Boyega thread.

40. Speaking of banning... you are our very first mod guest, so I have to ask. What's the secret to maintaining your sanity?

My "attitude" when moderating is tongue-in-cheek 95% of the time. I take the commitment to the TOS and the responsibility that was asked of me very seriously but I do not take myself all that seriously. Doing the Judge Dredd routine might seem militant to newer members but appearing militant is actually the point. Hopefully it shows, in my other interactions, that I don't see a bunch of avatars and usernames when I look at the forums... I genuinely care about the individual people who are part of our community here. But, I changed my username to "A Chorus of Disapproval" and act all "meh" about genuinely exciting things... what other kind of online persona could I possibly have been trying to go for. And, that was a conscious decision in order to maintain my own level of amusement and stay sane. Forums about this sort of stuff are a quasi-fictional experience about a completely fictional experience. Despite memes to the contrary... not "serious business" at all. Until the racists post. And then I get to add to my Captain America quote about how "I've punched out Adolf Hitler over 200 times".

--------------------------

It has been an honor to hear the words of a brave, loyal son of the Empire, fighting on the very edges of sanity to preserve His Imperial Order. Special thanks to A Chorus of Disapproval for joining us and to our loyal listeners for following our broadcast. The SSF is fully aware how hard it is to get a good reception so deep in the spice mines of Kessel and your efforts are noted. The Chief Keeping-Things-Updated Officer EHT has promised to boost our transmission... or at the very least blast a few layers off the planet to get you a clearer signal.

Star Destroyer Impulsive - End transmission.

[​IMG]

9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    A Jedi Jawa. Disgusting little creature.

Great read, Chorus, as always.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I hear ya there. :p

11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    When you talk of moving back to Ireland, do you struggle with the possibility that the idea may still be better than the reality no mater how much like 'home' it seems?

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    :D Updates made. Now, time to read this interview of my esteemed colleague.

Edit: As expected, this was another great interview. Good job, The Hellhammer and A Chorus of Disapproval . I especially enjoyed the telling of the story about riding in an elevator with David Prowse. [face_laugh]

Utinni!

13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A Chorus of Disapproval How about a Jawa who plays PG for the Sixers? :p

Nonetheless, a very niiiiice read... particularly enjoyed the answers concerning your Billy Dee experience, the Jedi Jawa, and how you saw ESB.
    :D

14. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    That was epic.

I'll call that interview:

The Creeping Disapproval. ;)

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Not at all. I lived there as a very young lad but moved back as an adult. I have only been back in the US "full time" since 2003 and been back & forth numerous times since. I adore Philly, and its impact on me is probably beyond description, but I have no reservations, in the least, about breathing my last in Armagh.

Thanks for the invite, The Hellhammer & brilliant layout, there.
    Darth Tunes - Our rookie of the year point guard is more than good enough. And by "more than good enough" I mean "not playing in the first dozen games, securing a fine start to Tank 2.0". In 2017, our starting lineup will all be highly rated former lottery picks. No pain, no gain championship. Besides, we now are the 2nd team in the league to have the epic 4-D floor projection system and I have home opener tickets. I fully expect our starting lineup to be: Hologram Michael Carter-William, Hologram Dr. J, Actual Nerlens Noel, Hologram Wilt Chamberlain and Hologram Joel Embiid. 3 giant men... only one of them actually on the court. But, the images will be enough to alter opponent shots. Their block % is going to be legendary. Until our actual team are healthy enough to play and begin growing in NBA experience.

16. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
  17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    A Chorus of Disapproval on renewable energy: put a Jawa in it.

I like the idea that a Jawa might solve anything.

18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
  19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great interview guys!! =D=

Loved the story about Prowse! Who wouldn't be imagining that!

Bob is the best theory, always.
    :D

20. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I've always like A Chorus of Disapproval's posts, but heck, anybody who can bring the Nine Old Men into discussion on a SW board gets huge props. :)

Ridley Solo, Pensivia, Dra--- and 3 others like this.
  21. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    This interview was amazing. Nice taste in film Chorus ;)
    And you had me at Jawa Jedi.

22. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    A Chorus of Disapproval

"I was in a lift with David Prowse and quietly pretended he was taking me to see the Emperor."

(I am not worthy 2x's)...thats pretty neat.

and yes there should be a silent tv show with jedi jawas. It sells itself...i want to see it right NOW.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Just read this. It is currently 2am and I am going to go die in bed but there are a few in the pics section of my JC Twitter in my link for starters. Basic stuff. Stylized & cartoon-based.

Ganger likes this.
  24. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Mod, reggae collector, multi instrumental musician, illustrator. I wish I had a bat infestation so I could be as productive as you.

Great interview guys

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    A Chorus of Disapproval "Claude Rains as the Emperor" is the single greatest idea ever uttered on this forum. Indeed, you are powerful, as Emperor Rains has foreseen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.