main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Oh boy! I won't have time to read this until later tonight, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I forgot to congratulate The Hellhammer and Darth Chiznuk for a great interview last time around!

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Updated the thread title with the new victim's name and added him to the list in the first post.

Another great interview. :cool:

3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Anothe great job Hellhammer! Keep it up!

Thanks for the great read Dra!

Immortiss, Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Brilliant back & forth, there. Lovely interrogation.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Thank you The Hellhammer for putting that talky fellow out of our misery. ;)

Although a laser blast was much too kind.

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I remember the cinema collectively getting fired up about Jabba's palace too.

Nice interview Dra---, and once again, good work The Hellhammer

8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Great Dra--- and The Hellhammer

It's refreshing read these and get a persons perspective in a larger dose.

:cool:

StoneRiver, Immortiss, T-R- and 2 others like this.
  9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Nicely done. :) Also I can't believe it's been a week since the last one.

10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Congrats to both Dra--- and The Hellhammer

Great stuff once again.

And waddaya know, 2 members of the order interviewed already ;)

11. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Finally just got to read the interview. Great stuff as usual guys!

Immortiss, Dra---, T-R- and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Who's next? So many people I want to see blasted to learn more about.

The Hellhammer and Immortiss like this.
  13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Awesome interview, as usual. The secondary questions are quite enjoyable as well.

As long as they are Force Ghosts like us, they'll survive. ;) But I'm sure we'll get the next interview in about a week. Patience you must have, my young padawan fellow member of the Order of the Canted Circle!

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    As soon as our interviewee disposal chutes get unclogged, the production will resume as usual!

In the meantime, our sponsor, the Imperial Education Channel, would like to thank you all for the tremendous support! :)

Immortiss, T-R-, EHT and 3 others like this.
  15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    you're like a hairy ryan seacrest

16. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Awesome work, interviewers & interviewees!

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Another great interrogation! =D=
    Dra-- I think it's awesome you gave your SW books to a boys home, what a great place for them to be! I had a teenage patient for quite some time that the only way I could really get through to him was talking Star Wars (even though I had to prove to him I was a fan because... I'm a girl ;) ) so I somewhat understand that. :)

18. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Time flies when you consume copious amounts of illicit interrogation truth serums mixed with Trandoshan ale and Gamorrean brandy - and we here at the Imperial Spoiler Surveillance station have come into possesion of an abundant supply of all three (thank you, Customs Patrol 73).

[​IMG]
    Customs Patrol 73 Squad Leader, inspecting the confiscated goods.

Another week has gone by, the interviewee disposal chutes have been unclogged and we are ready to broadcast another episode of our family friendly interrogations.

Our guest is a veteran of these boards - HL&S ! Thanks for taking the time to answer these and I hope you folks enjoy the read. ;)

------------

1. How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums?

Short Answer:
    The will of the force.

Long Answer:
    I didn't own a computer until the year 2000. So throughout the mid to late 90s, any exploring on the world wide web was done at my friends homes. I can't remember what we were specifically searching for regarding Star Wars, but it brought us to theforce.net. Eventually after a couple of visits during the year, we stumbled on the link to the forums in some news report. I think we tried registering a name but it didn't end up working or we never got the confirmation email. It didn't matter initially so much that I couldn't post as reading was fine with me. I just wanted the information and enjoyed reading everyone's opinions. Plus like I said, I didn't own a personal computer so my online adventures were limited anyways. But eventually it got to the point where it felt like I knew everyone here though they didn't know me.

Once I got a computer and then AOL, I registered. HookLineAndSinker wasn't my first or even my second account here though. This particular account was registered while I was serving a short day or two ban for cursing (not at someone). Fight the power! The only reason I kept it was because in that short period of time, E News Online quoted me for my reaction to the first AOTC teaser trailer. I naturally couldn't give up my famous name then.

On a side note, I think at some point in 2001 I registered at the new starwars.com forums. That place was a dump. Though it served a purpose during the Hyperspace chats.

2. Well, now I just have to ask - what was the reaction they quoted?

I can't remember it specifically. I know I commented on the colors of the teaser trailer. Something about orange. I also remember saying how "eerie" the shot of Obi-Wan being held prisoner looked. It was actually AL (Ali Arikan) that sent me a pm that morning pointing out my fame. hehe

3. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

Getting to watch Peter Mayhew eat cookies at theforce.nets Celebration 2 party in 2002.
    But really its probably discussing spoilers over the course of several years here. If we weren't speculating on the George Lucas Select Images then we were analyzing domain names like DARTHTYRANUS.org, SHMISKYWALKERLARS.com and UVGIZEN.net. Plus you had Sith Interceptor and Perfect Dark running around with the leaked script. Also I enjoyed Hoedaacks character name game where he'd give us a set of names and we'd have to guess which was the actual name of a background character. He must have worked for some publishing company. Then came Hyperspace, the webcam, chats, "handle with despair" etc.

4. Hard to forget the Hyperspace chats. Just out of curiousity, did you ever actually manage to get a question through?

I actually got loads of questions answered. I was mainly focused on Episode 3 spoilers. The trick was asking something unassuming and small because a lot of questions were either too big, too general, or had already been answered in various ways before. Off the top of my head I know Pablo Hidalgo, Rick McCallum, and Amy Allen all gave me something. Whether it was about Palpatines aides seeing action, the first letter of the planet Aayla Secura was on, or whether Oliver Ford Davies would be returning. It was little details that would help support larger spoilers.

5. What is your favorite Star Wars possession? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

The film scores by John Williams. I remember begging my father for all three Special Edition soundtracks in 1997. I mean you can't just have one. Getting all three wasn't cheap though and we probably could have used the money for more important things. But he cracked and got all three at once for me because he's the best dad ever. I still listen to them several times a year and hope that eventually they find some recording of the Max Rebo sail barge music that is missing. I also hope for a complete prequel trilogy score release that isn't like that edited ultimate edition garbage.

6. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

Nope. By the fall of 2012 I had come to the conclusion that Star Wars would basically be left to the EU. It had been 7 or 8 years since we first got word of a possible live action series but that was stuck in development hell. The cartoons never interested me, my video game playing days were for the most part behind me, and I rarely picked up a Star Wars related book. As far as I was concerned, the age of Star Wars was ending. But just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in. This could get expensive.

7. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

Excited at first. Star Wars was fading away and needed something to rejuvenate it. There was now going to be a whole new trilogy to speculate about. As I said earlier, my fondest star wars memories were spent here just chatting about new information. Plus this gives me the opportunity to bust out my old toys and play with my youngest nephew. My only major concern right now is the amount of time it will take to make these films. Its already been delayed and some of the people involved aren't getting any younger. It will be a miracle if John Williams makes it to the end.

8. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

Yes I was around. I was a moderator here before hanging it up after ROTS came out. I already cited a bunch of my favorite memories from hanging around here. Clearly my favorite moment was when we learned 3 members of N'Sync would be playing Jedi in the Geonosis arena. It was a wonderful day.

But seriously, narrowing it down to a moment though is tricky. I do remember correctly predicting that Palpatine would be captured at the start of Episode 3 by Dooku in order to set up Anakin. I had this thread called "one ship, two ship, red ship, blue ship" where I based my theory with how the other two movies started. First it was an attempt to kill the ambassadors. Then it was an attempt to kill a Senator. So I figured the next step was an attempt to kill the Supreme Chancellor. Getting that bit right was nice. Debating people about why Anakin would kill Dooku and not Mace was fun. Insisting that Padme had to die in ROTS and not off screen a few years later was also a hoot.

9. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

Spoiled fine till Episode 9! I'll take two or three years of chatting about a new Star Wars film over waiting for a 2 hour experience that I may or may not enjoy. Though I reserve the right to change my mind. I wasn't all that spoiled for TPM. When I finally got a compute though, the temptation for AOTC was a bit much. I also didn't want to be blindsided with any more Jar Jar Binks characters or 9 year old Anakins.

I don't spoil myself rotten with any other franchise though. But really who knows. I anticipate the speculation, yet I have less time to speculate these days. Maybe at some point this year I'll have one of those gif moments where I shut off the computer and just walk away.

10. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

The theory that the Emperor didn't die. It allows for the conflict to the continue and justifies the need for 3 more films. How slimy would it be for Sidious to have dangled the carrot in front of Anakin and then lie about not knowing how to achieve it when he really did know.

And how prophetic would it be for Yoda's line to come true. "Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your fathers fate you will." What once was a warning about the Emperors ability to turn people, could now be transformed into Luke sacrificing himself to save his child in a scenario set up by the Emperor.

11. And the least favorite?

Darth Plagueis funding the Rebellion or whatever that was about. Either he was funding it too little to the point where there was absolutely no purpose in donating at all or he was funding the majority of it to the point where it still really couldn't defeat the Empire without Ewoks, Luke, Leia and Han. Either way it didn't make sense as some sort of master plan. Which really just spoke to Plagueis having any sort of master plan from the point of his death to EP7. Way too many variables. Which begs the question why even consider bringing him in as a villain when everything about cheating death can be applied to the already established great devil.

12. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST and who would you cast to play him?

While I'd ultimately have Sidious remain the architect of misfortune, he doesn't necessarily have to be in EP7. He can have a role more like he had in the OT. Let his servants run the show for him.

A strong Imperial commander wouldn't be bad, but NOT THRAWN. Just some new character that isn't played by Oldman or Weaving. I think they've been in enough franchises. I'd take Daniel Day Lewis.

But we'd also need someone to wield a lightsaber and I think that falls to one of the Skywalker kids turning. Played by Dane DeHaan or Harry Lloyd. I suppose its easier if its a guy in this role. Then again, if there are several skywalker kids, won't the fun be guessing which one will turn? Having little to no obvious hints during the film would be best. Have it just seem out of nowhere (yet makes sense) while being further explored in EP8 and EP9. Though I wouldn't want the character to be redeemed.

13. How do you think this potential Skywalker offspring fall to the dark side should play out, to avoid being too similar to Anakin's fall or Luke's temptation in OT?

The first thing would be not to show the person turning them. We've seen how a person can be turned and this time it should blindside the audience. There's a scene in the movie The Ghost and Mrs Muir where Mrs Muir is talking with her daughter and her daughter essentially reveals at the end that she knew about the ghost visiting her mother the entire time and had met him at various points. It's quite dramatic. Only in EP7, it could be frightening instead innocent.

As for the actual moment, just have the person outright do something evil without pondering over it like Anakin and Luke did.

14. And the ideal Hero?

The next generation of Skywalkers and their friends and lovers. The love interest might have a hint of alien in them just to increase their abilities. It wouldn't shock me at all if the good kid is female. Not sure who would play the part either way though. An unknown? Hopefully not that Deliverance looking Plemmons. I say this knowing that by the time this interrogation is posted, he may have been cast.

I'd also of course have larger roles for Luke and Leia than just quick cameos. I'm not sure about Han. Harrison Ford has been phoning it in for 10 years now and it also showed in ROTJ. Maybe they should just kill him off.

15. Any particular way you think Han should die?

A scene where his blaster fails him. "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a blaster at your side, kid."

16. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

Probably a good time to insert another alien or a droid on the hero side. Giving them abilities that Threepio, Artoo, and Chewie can't replicate. There would possibly be some Jedi Apprentices of Luke hanging about. It also wouldn't hurt to have some regular Rebels without any special powers be involved shooting blasters or flying x-wings. It probably works better for the overall story when not everyone has superhero powers.

But there is a danger in getting attached to supporting characters. They can be cut. The PT had a slew of interesting supporting characters that were reduced to almost nothing or hollowed out. I suppose that's the dark side to being spoiled.

17. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

Whatever helps tie the PT, OT, and ST together. How about Ryoo and Pooja? It would be nice to know Luke and Leia found their cousins. Although I hate the name Pooja. They'd be in their 60s or so now. Where are their kids?

I personally would like to see Sly Moore return. She could be a species that doesn't age much. She'd be a haunting foreshadow.

18. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

While I'm thrilled that we're getting new Star Wars films, it wouldn't surprise me if it just turned out average. Something that ends up not being offensive but also not necessary for the story. It's just there. Actually I took it as a good sign when the news sites reported that the big three would get larger roles than originally expected. I think the characters of Luke and Leia still have something left to offer. Of course that all could be utter garbage reporting and my optimism there is just for nothing.

19. What do you think is Lucas' ideal level of involvement with the ST?

Advisor during the story meetings.

20. Would you like to see Abrams direct all the movies or have a new director for every episode?

New director for each episode. Star Wars has a certain style that most directors would likely respect while inserting their own touches.

21. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

Not a scene but a moment where Luke is stabbed in the chest by his son with a lightsaber. Something that seemingly cannot be redeemed. As for the setting, I always imagine a fire surrounding them. Not on Mustafar but just a place that is burning. We've gotten a lot of scenes where a brother or son nearly kills their opponent, but doesn't quite do it. So I just see this moment where Luke just gets murdered. No disappearing. Just a straight up stab like Maul to Qui-Gon, only its someone close to Luke.

22. That answers my question about Luke's fate, hah. What about Leia? Or even Lando and Chewie, for that matter?

Billy Dee Williams is so old now. His screen time should be limited to one or two scenes. Maybe he can blow up on a ship or something. Chewie isn't that old for his species if I remember correctly. So he might survive. Leia... you can't kill off everyone. Maybe bring her in for Episode 7, keep her out of 8, and bring her back for 9. Give the new characters some room to stretch.

23. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

It would have to take place during the gap between ROTJ and EP7. It would explain how the Empire did not fall after Endor but Order 72 or something was put in place in the event of a defeat. Killing all rebels who exposed themselves during the celebrations. Sending Luke and company back into hiding. Somewhere along the way Luke finds his future wife. From a marketing perspective, it's probably important to keep the last name of Skywalker rather than following the Solo kids. The show would have to be animated. Not sure if killing off the wife after she gives birth is the way to go or not. I mean we've done that in Star Wars and other sci-fi/fantasy adventures. Yet introducing us to Luke's wife in Episode 7 plus whoever the kids are might be a bit much.

24. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

Nay. There's only so many times the galaxy can be threatened. I'd rather the story of Star Wars be more like LOTR than James Bond. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to smaller stories like the spinoffs.

25. How about a potential new Saga with new heroes and villains, set in a different time period?

I don't want a new "saga" but I'm up for smaller movies.

26. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

The Empire Strikes Back. It wasn't always my favorite though. When I was a kid I liked ROTJ the best. Probably because of the Ewoks, Jabba, the giant space battle, and the Emperors lightning. But obviously as I matured my tastes changed and I found myself appreciating the world building of TESB.

27. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

Just like TESB wasn't my favorite growing up, this scene didn't always have the strongest emotional impact. In fact, when I was a kid I'm sure I felt more watching the Ewok die and his friend cry over his body. But when I got older, this scene just became more and more magical. Not just because Yoda was demonstrating the power of the force, but the way he describes it along with the music and the lighting almost brings a tear to my eye.

28. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

Just one thing? How about the age of Anakin in TPM? That might solve a few problems there. Make him 18. From there a bunch of things would need to be changed. It would be a great domino effect. Kills 7 birds with 1 stone. Making Anakin 9 years old achieved little to nothing positive.

29. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

While it works in the movie, replying with "I know" when someone tells you they love you doesn't really work. It just opens the door for questions, mood killing, and regret.

30. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

I would be the guy who invented that board game R2 and Chewie play on the Falcon. Or at least his strongest competitor. I thought about locating my business on Naboo, but not only are they weak, but they have Godzilla living in their waters.

31. I've always enjoyed all the background details showing us the "everday" side of the GFFA, including entertainment, sports, music etc. Got any ideas for something along those lines you think would be interesting to see in the ST?

I was going to say the HoloNet but I don't think that's terribly interesting. The Oscars were on last night, maybe they make movies in the GFFA? Or how about the Galactic Olympics?

32. Favorite Force ability?

It was the lightning until the PT mucked that up. It went from the coolest power ever to the weakest. I suppose now it would be the ability to see things before they happen.

33. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

Like do I climb mountains, paint portraits, or collect dinosaur bones? No. I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.

34. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

I liked the LOTR movies. Not so much the Hobbit flicks. I'm a big X-Men fan so the next two films interest me greatly. Most franchises I pretty much just like one or two movies and ignore the rest. For the most part I like portions of other franchises, but not the entire stock of movies. I like Alien and Aliens, but not so much the rest. I like Terminator 1 and Terminator 2, but the others I can ignore. Same with Robocop, Batman, Jurassic Park and so on.

35. We’ve barely stepped into the year 2014. Any specific goals you hope to achieve by the end of the year?

I hope to move back up north to be closer to my family and friends. I'm missing a lot in their lives and hearing about it all on facebook just doesn't cut it.

------------

That's all for this week, people. Thanks for reading, thanks for your support and, of course, thanks to HL&S for taking the time to answer the questions. :)
    See you all next Thursday ;)

19. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Great interview!

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Lovely back & forth.

And I added Hook, Line, and Sinker into the thread title.

Immortiss, Dra---, EHT and 4 others like this.
  21. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Great job to you both, and once again, thanks for sharing!

22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Well done, both of you.

It all reminds me how boring of an interview that I would be. Short answers and images instead of answers when I could use them.

You guys are not as lame as i am. Thankfully.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This part gave me chills. I just loved the way you made the case for the Emperor!

All together another great interview. Keep 'em coming I'm really enjoying reading everyone's ideas and history with this great franchise. :)

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This thread is awesome! Great to get some insight into the people behind the avatars =D=

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Behind the Avatars. Now that would have been a great title for the thread. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.