main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the invisible man tv show

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Darth_Berserker, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    ok im not certain if it was called that but this show was on tv i think about 5 or 6 years ago, and it had this guy who gets recruited by a goverment agency and they put this substance called quicksilver into him giving him the power to become invisible and he would go on various missions. anyone know what the show was called and why or if it was cancelled as i have never seen it again, no repeats , nothing

2. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I remember that show. I thought it was quite good, had a quirky style to it. I Liked how he couldn't use the quicksilver to much, because prolonged use would cause madness.

3. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    OMG! I LOVED I-MAN!

Vincent Ventresca was the smoothest secret agent that you never did see. And he had cool hair and an even cooler wardrobe. Everything this man wore looks SPOTLESS on him, wether it was an armani suit or a simple t-shirt with jeans. I don't know WHO handled the wardrobe departement but they did an oustanding job.

The heart of the show for me was the relationship between Darien and Hobbes. Finally, a buddy show that worked! And they writing was actually clever, and I know that people would think:
    "heh, what can an invisible man do" but the situations they came up with would surprise anybody. I sure was surprised. I think my favourite episode was Flowers for Hobbes (the one where Hobbes gets super-smart) followed by The other invisible man (the one where the gland somehow takes control of Darien during his sleept). The first season was better then the second, but the show was great all around.
    I cannot believe it got canceled after only two seasons when crappy reality shows go on for 4 or 5! It's really depressing me. And I can't get the dvd's either since I don't live in the US or the UK ...

From what I know, it was a sci-fi original until they pulled the plug because it was getting too expensive. A darn shame too.

4. CyberFaust

CyberFaust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    the frackers canceled it :(
    i really really liked that show, it was fun

5. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    but was the show actaully called invisible man? i think the guy who played the main character looked like robert patrick and even more like robert patricks brother, the lead singer of filter.. perhaps they are cuzins or something? i cant find this on dvd anywhere, was it ever release it the us or uk, because dvds in australia usually don't come out till like 6 months later or somthing or sometimes not at all. what ever everyones heard about australia they are wrong, its not as great as it sounds, hahaha

6. CyberFaust

CyberFaust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    it was called ivisible man and yes, it did apear on dvd, in the UK, i don't know. but here's a amazon link
    http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Man-Brandy-Ledford/dp/B00008AWQX/sr=1-21/qid=1171992172/ref=sr_1_21/105-6525736-6338015?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.