main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Island - Wow!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    =D= Ok, got to go out into the real world today, cause managed to get invited to the Special Screening of The Island at one of our local theaters.

Wow! Edge of your seat, twists and turns like you can't believe. AND, even though I knew the basic premise of the plot, it still had me guessing right and left. Our little Scot proves once again what an incredible actor he is! In fact the entire cast is unbelievable.

Be warned if you have little ones.. this is a PG-13 that could almost go R in a few places for the graphic violence and just... well..graphic scenes. But definitely worth seeing!

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I can't wait to see it!!!

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I got to go to a special screening in Sacramento and I went in not expecting much (except that Ewan would be awesome).
    I actually liked it. There were a lot of moments that reminded me of GATTACA. Go see it Miana, I think you'll enjoy it..and not just cuz Ewan's hot. ;) :D

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Oooh, Gattaca. I think I was the only science geek who enjoyed that movie. :p

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I loved Gattaca. I'm expecting to see it in the WalMart $5 DVD bin soon, so I'll probably get it. :D

6. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    The only thing I was dissapointed about is that they cut out the "Rubber Wobbly" scene that Ewan talked about on Leno. His whole description of that was absolutely on-the-floor hysterical. But, maybe in the DVD...[face_whistling] :D

7. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I thought the first half when they were still in the "protected area" was great, cool art direction and the self contained world was done well, but then when they got out it seemed like a goofy comedy. "Clones On The Loose In LA"!

Also the real life age difference between Ewan and Scarlet left a little bit of a bad smell in the air.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.