main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The IT Crowd

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi-Anakin-Solo, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    [​IMG]

Tonight was the final episode of The IT Crowd, did anyone else catch it? I thought it was a great episode that didn't feel like it had been three years since we'd seen them last. It ended with a lot of feels too.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You should change the title to "The In Crowd" and then accuse someone of being a mod favorite.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I didn't watch it last night, no, but I definitely will. I loved it during it's four series run (2006 - 2010). It brought to the fore and celebrated geek culture before The Big Bang Theory pulled the same trick for a bigger audience (Channel 4 here versus CBS - no contest). So I like to look at it as a trailblazer. It made stars out of Chris O'Dowd, Richard Ayoade and Katherine Parkinson. Noel Fielding and Matt Berry have also done well out of it. Plus, when it started Chris Morris was a regular. Quite a coup. It's sad that the show has come to an end, but by all accounts it's coming to an end at a time of its choosing. An end because the three leads simply didn't have the time for a full fifth series, not because the show was getting worse or Channel 4 / the viewers didn't want a fifth series.

Jedi-Anakin-Solo and Mar17swgirl like this.
  4. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    RICHARD AYOADE

Jedi-Anakin-Solo likes this.
  5. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    What was great was the last episode didn't feel like a gimmick or that it was forced in any way like some kind of reunion show. The pace and interaction between them all picked up like it had never stopped.

It felt like they really just wanted to give the series a proper ending.

6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I liked that this was a show the featured geeks and geek culture that didn't use it as a crutch for laughs like The Big Bang Theory. The IT Crowd had great episodes that didn't rely on "geeks are weird" for plot points; it was really well-written, and it shows.

7. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Yes. Nothing 'ordinary' ever happens to Roy, Moss or Jen. The Big Bang Theory (whilst excellent) puts its characters into 'real situations'. The IT crowd deliberately avoids that.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I watched some of the first series and liked it a lot. I was one of the few people I knew in the States who actually recognized Chris O'Dowd when he started appearing in relatively big movies like Pirate Radio and really big movies like Bridesmaids.

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I always forget that 'The Boat That Rocked' was retitled for its North American release.

10. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I think they are throwing out the IT Crowd like yesterday's jam.

No that doesn't make sense since jam last for ages.