main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "I've Arrived" thread (or "We'd be honored if you would join us...)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth-Dogfish-Head, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    With only a few short days left before CV many people are already arriving for the big event. Help those of us who don't fly (or drive) out to Florida until later in the week, help us live vicariously through you and let us know that you've arrived. This is getting exciting folks and, for me at least, the excitement will grow each time I see that someone else has arrived in Florida.

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Yes, please tell us where the best places to eat are close to the CC and how long it takes to get from your hotel to other places.:)

3. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Just got here today and there are a TON of places to eat up and down international blvd. A lot of stupid people driving too though, probably out of towners like the rest of us. Lot of people walking around and going to different places, so watch pedestrians. I'm going to walk around the convention center tomorrow to see what it is like, drove by tonight and it's pretty big (but so were the other C's too ;) . Most of the hotels look somewhat or partially empty, but I'm sure that will change soon!! :p

4. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    Can I claim to be there/here since I'm within an hour's driving distance? ;D

5. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Haha! Not until you're close enough to see the OCCC :)

6. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Yo, I'm here.

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    PPOR!

8. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Should I know what PPOR stands for?

9. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    When I arrive, I unfortunately won't have any way to access the internet (unless my friend's bring a laptop or something), so sorry!:(

10. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Wish I was there already, but here I am at 2 am trying to work on this bikini contest video I shot today and have it done by tomorrow so that I don't have to worry about working on it down there. In other words, I'm editing videos of hot, half-naked women and all I can think of is Star Wars.

11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Oh Look at this _princess-leia_, HealerLeona, and me

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs126.ash2/39623_418986871244_615686244_5310579_8032035_n.jpg]

Oh and look it's Dani and Amos.

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs253.snc4/39984_418986896244_615686244_5310580_6445117_n.jpg]

12. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
  13. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Looks like fun, wish I was there! Say hi to everybody for me.

Johnny, that is so wrong and so funny at the same time! [face_laugh]

DDH - It stands for Post Proof Or Retract.

14. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    My hotel has complimentary internet service.
    Try to keep everyone abreast as to what is going on.

15. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    well i leave nashville here in about 10 hours then begin the 12 or so hour trek downthere lol.........still need to pack but WWWWWWOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im to excited to sleep lol

16. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Ok, got here Saturday at about 3PM. It's nice and muggy. Supposed to be in the lower 90's all week. Scattered showers everyday (yeah, I know that is the norm). We went to Disney's Epcot yesterday and had a light rain most of the first half of the day, then a downpour for about 30 minutes right as we were heading to dinner. The rest of the evening was awesome. We found out about a special concert by the cast and crew of Disney for only $20/person. The money went to the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Awesome concert that lasted from 8-11! It was cool being the only people in the park at 11:30. So, we're going to Hollywood Studios (previously known as MGM) since there isn't supposed to be as much rain today. Going to a REALLY expensive restaraunt tonight that is supposed to be REALLY REALLY good in the Polynesian area of Disney. So far...awesome week!

17. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I was supposed to arrive in a couple of hours but I'm stuck in Dublin for today because they cancelled my flight and the flight tomorrow isn't a sure thing either.:_| :_|
    Hopefully, though, it will be.

18. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I drive by the OCCC every day on my way to work, does THAT count? :)

19. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, that probably counts :p

I leave in about 10 minutes or so :)

20. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    Technically I already have proof in the TFN party thread, I took pictures of the locale on Saturday. :D

21. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I really have to admit defeat and buy a laptop to go with my desktop...or at least get an iphone or something.

I still refuse to get a kindle/nook/what have you though. EVIL!

22. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Hope you make it soon, roomie!

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, that really sucks dude. Here's hoping you make it ASAP.

Dude, buy a netbook. For about the same price of an iPod touch or less, you can get a full computer that runs Windows 7 and just about anything you could want/need in a portable internet device.

24. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Perhaps there is a flight from Dublin coming to a different city in the USA. And have them re-route you to Orlando?

Is there another airport close that you can drive to, to catch a different flight from the same carrier?

Just trying to help...I would hate for you to miss the Convention. Lemme know if there is something I can do to help you!

Huggles

25. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Does it count if you can leave work and be the OCCC in less than minutes?

Or does it count that I hope some CV people check into my hotel?

If any of you out of towners want any pointers on cheap but good places to eat, PM me. or anything really you wanna ask about Orlando, I probably have the answer to. I work in a hotel after all.

Master_Jaina1011

PS or if any of you wanna meet up for drinks or something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.