main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "I've Arrived" thread (or "We'd be honored if you would join us...)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth-Dogfish-Head, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    What hotel do u work out?

2. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Any fabulous/cheap restaurant suggestions?

We're in Jacksonville until Weds....but I'm not very familiar with Orlando, despite being so close.

3. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Since no one has said it yet....

"The first transport is away."

4. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    love it!!!!!

5. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    echo- its Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand. vacation ownership.

alright my fav are Ale House which is right by the convention center. Huge portions pretty good drink and good prices. also love Cici's Pizza, all you can eat buffett of pizza pasta and salads. Awesome for the price.

and if you have a car, then there is this amazing place called Tijuana Flats that is my favorite place ever. as is Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney. (do you know how difficult it is for me not shorten everything? Thats what I get for being a local!)

M_J1011

6. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Very cool to come home from my hockey game and see that so many people are already there!! I have to work tomorrow, then do a ton of running around before my flight 6:30 AM on Wednesday. I'll definitely be up for drinks at some point Wednesday, would love to meet up with people.

7. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Beth is here.

8. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001

I'll 2nd this. We ate there Saturday night and is the best sandwich we ever had. Wife has been bugging to go back since. Also good soup.

9. Grog_StarKiller2

Grog_StarKiller2 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2007

An SSTRK24 MONTE CARLO class transport has been dispatched from Bellefontaine ,Ohio...currently spending night just north of Macon,Ga....will take flight for Orlando in the morning...

Almost there!!

10. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    They hung 3 large banners for the Celebration up front today in the large windows in the lobby, and as I was walking around the outside of the center this morning (that place is huge!) they were setting up some of the kiosks in the front lobby. They have video monitors mounted around the place and as they were cycling through they showed the C5 logo. Didn't see any program info on them yet.

One awesome thing about this center is there are quite a few awnings outside around the main doors, so hopefully a good portion of the lines in the morning will be covered.

One of the hotels a few blocks up from the center is displaying on their outside greeting "Welcome star wars", but I can't remember which hotel it is. I keep waiting for it to play at the convention center, but not yet.

There is a jobs fair at one of the hotels across the street from the OCC today, my guess is the Peabody so there were a lot of people walking around in ties today....pretty different from what will be there at the end of the week [face_laugh]

11. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    So cool!

Clever but no.

12. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    My Imperial shuttle should be leaving around 9pm tomorrow. Work in the morning, then pick up my friend, on to Columbus and all points south.

I'll be driving from almost the north shore to almost the south shore of the country! :eek:

13. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I arrived a little later than expected. Hour delay in my hometown because of thunderstorms in Chicago. Ended up leaving 1hr., 10min. later and caught a later flight to Orlando. Arrived 5 hours later than planned but I'm here in this beautiful, hot and humid city.
    Rode the I*Ride Trolley and like MEARS, it was a breeze.
    The hotel is very comfortable and the staff really went out of their way to make me comfortable.
    Will be out and about at Universal tomorrow.
    Thank goodness this hotel has FREE access to he internet!

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hothie, signing in as Jedi_Dajuan

Also the guy who said that line will be here...amazingly enough, it was Mark Hamill!!!

Jedi_Dajuan and I arrived Sunday night/Monday morning at 2. Needless to say, it was a Murphy's Law trip, although we did get our luggage and the plane landed safely. Aside from that, though...nothing was going right.

But, on the positive side, the convention hall is just huge! You have to spend time oooh-ing and aaah-ing the Belgian props, as they're a sight to behold. Google them to see what I mean.

Bring comfy shoes, and hope to see you all soon!

15. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    For those of you staying close to the convention center, I recommend Pizzeria Valdiano's at Pointe Orlando. It's cheap and delicious. Plus it's right next to the movie theatre in case you want some entertainment tonight or tomorrow.

For those of you who like piano bars, there's a Howl at the Moon on International Drive.

16. LordStarwalker

LordStarwalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2010
  17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Just remember to drive casual

18. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    So, a quick question for those of you who are there...is the main entrance we'll be using on the side of the OCCC that faces the Peabody Hotel, or the other side?

19. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    well we made it! got into town about 8 and our stupid check in isnt till 4 so were sitting around.......YAY.....uhg lol

20. Grog_StarKiller2

May 19, 2007
    My SSTRK24 Monte Carlo class transport has landed safely at the Quality Inn Plaza Hotel...I'm HERE!!!room Bldg. D room 2226

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    It looks like the main doors are on the north side of the OCCC.

22. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm here at the Embassy Suites.

23. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    For anyone who has picked up their lanyards; where are the registration desks exactly? Is the VIP one in the same area?

24. Grog_StarKiller2

May 19, 2007
    North/East side Level 1

25. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Go inside where you see the three big CV banners outside. Turn left and go down the ramp. Registration desks are down there: VIP, Hyperspace, Will Call, On Site Purchases... everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.