The "I've Arrived" thread (or "We'd be honored if you would join us...)

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by Darth-Dogfish-Head, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    OMG, we had an epic drive down here. I left my house just before 4pm, got to my friend's house around 5:15, packed the car full of all the stuff that the three of us were going to bring, got to Columbus around 8 to put everything in the truck that we drove down here, got to my last friend's house around 9:30. Then my last friend realized that he forgot his 4-day pass at home right before we got on the freeway, so we had to drive back to pick it up (a 20 minute set back). I didn't try to begin to sleep until 4:15, and then I barely slept. I couldn't sleep in the seats that I was sitting in.

When we were on the turnpike, we lost two bolts and nuts off of our back wheel. They just sheered right off! We had to drive really slow the last 25 miles so our wheel wouldn't come off, even though we tightened the other three. It made a horrible sound. [face_plain] We got to our hotel around 6:30, a lot later than we had planned.

But we did pass some 501st members from the Rocky Mountain Garrison. They were in a van pulling a trailer and they had Star Wars decals all over them. We made a sign that said "Honk if you love Wookiees!" :D

We had a lot of stuff to unpack once we got here. We had a pickup truck with a blue tarp over everything and a cargo net holding everything in. Must have looked pretty funny driving down the interstate. ;)

We went into the convention center... I can't wait, it's huge!

Well, we are here at the Extended Stay, and in a really good room on the 1st floor. Time for bed.
  2. shakes116 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I could barely sleep last night! I kept waking up,
    And having dreams that I woke up
    Late and missed the shuttle!

We're going to breakfast now :)
    See you all tonight!
  3. Xoxaan11594 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sitting in my hotel on Universal Boulevard!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.