main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JA Obi Fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Siri_Kuimini, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    I don't know if there already is one (if there is mr.mod, please don't hesitate to tell me and delete this).

However if there isn't a fan club for the Obi wan of the Jedi Apprentice series, would anyone be interested in being part of one?

2. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    I...er... guess not??

3. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ooh... Provided this doesn't get locked and we don't get told to put it in the regular Obi fan club, I'd love to join ! :D

4. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Obi...JA...Obi+JA= I am in!

Everyone knows that I love Obi, so I am definatly joining. [face_love] Obi... [face_love] *swoon* I'm a little obsessed.

5. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Uh oh. How 'bout: me+Jess= I have a bad feeling about this? ;) [face_devil]

6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Uh oh. Me and Huntress on an Obi thread? You guys better run! :D*Jess and Huntress give consecutive mischevious looks*

7. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Aw come on, this thread can't be dead already! I really love JA Obi-Wan! [face_love] The model for him on the cover wasn't bad either. ;) Don't you just love it when Obi risked his life for Qui in TDR?

I [face_love] Obi

8. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Yeah that's my favorite part ever. Period. [face_love] So sweet. ANd the first time Qui calls him Padawan. [face_love] [face_love] Gotta get my own copy of that book, I borrowed it from a friend ( ;))a while ago.

9. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Jess, I thought it much better when he saved Bant. BTW where has Bant been in JQ? :confused: I would love to see adult Obi Wan go to her for advice on Anakin.

10. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Yeah, saving Bant was good, but I'd still say the part in TDR was better ;) You see the determined, self-sacrificing Obi we have all grown to love in that scene :D

You know, you are right. Where exactly is Bant? Hm, maybe she will come along later. I don't read the JQ books much, though. I loved JA more than I will any other series. :(

Why did they hafta end it!!?? :_|

...okay, I'm better now. :D

11. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Bant is mentioned in Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter so we know that she is still a Jedi, at least up until the end of that book anyway.

And doesn't it mention in the JA Special Editions that she got a new master after Tahl died? But we never heard how they are getting along. I also liked that other friend of Obi Wan, the piolet guy, showing up in one of the Special Editions. :confused: What was his name? Not Reeft, the other one. That was cool when Obi Wan introduces him to Anakin as his padawan.

12. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Actually, Bant rather annoyed me. She was just too perfect, I think. But Obi.... [face_love] :)

13. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    No, I love Bant. She was far from perfect. It is Siri who thinks she is the perfect one. I can't stand her. :mad: LOL! And from JQ # 5, I don't think Obi Wan does either. [face_laugh] I would have loved to see Obi Wan and ole fish face Bant get together. You'd think the Scholastic people were Imperials the way they avoid getting Bant and Obi Wan together. [face_laugh] Well, I have my revenge [face_devil], their stock is down, but don't blame me. I did my part. I just bought JQ # 5.

14. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    I actually like Siri because she has her faults, she irritates Obi from time to time and is all around fun. ;) Bant bugs me- go figure. Unfortunately, I haven't read any JQ books. :(

15. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Actually Siri irritates me. Yup, she has her faults alright. Everybody can see them except her. [face_laugh]

16. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Siri kinda annoys me once in a while, but she's not that bad. I like Bant, because she is a perfect friend to Obi-Wan. And anyone that is good to Obi-Wan, I like. :D

I want Obi-Wan to be my Valentine :(

17. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Jess: Whatever happened to that cute guy who was a total Obi clone in your school? ;) Lol.

I like Siri because her relationship and character are more realistic- friends fight, bug each other, etc. Bant's a bit too perfect in that she's always so wonderfully modest, shy, quiet, wise, kind etc. Not that she's bad or anything. I actually liked her best in JA 15 or 16. [face_devil]

Happy Valentine's Day fellow Obi lovers! :D

18. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Huntress: he moved :( But I am happy to say that I have found another clone, except he looks a bit more like Ewan McGregor [face_love] But the eyes are almost exactly the same. Come to think of, he looks almost exactly like Obi, except shorter. :D But he doesn't know I like him :(

I'd hafta say, Huntress, you have good points there. Bant is a bit too perfect, but once in a while, I think Obi needed that perfect person to be his friend. :D

Happy (Day before) Valentines Day, guys! [face_love]

19. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Hey

Does anybody know the name of the model who modeled for Obi in JA? Just wondering, because he looked kinda like a younger Ewan McGregor [face_love] Hope everyone had a good Valentines Day :D

20. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    He looks *very* like young, little, ickle Ewan. [face_love] Oh duh that was the point- lol. ;) But alas I don't know his name. :( So.... Uh, yeah, I think they probably don't want to release his name for fear all the Obi fan girls would abduct him or something. [face_devil]

21. YoungPadawanLearner

YoungPadawanLearner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2002
    Is this a thing that you join or do you just randomly post?

Either way, I'd like to join.

22. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    YPL: I think we just randomaly post and that's your initiation. :)

23. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Oh. Its not like I was trying to find out his name so I could kidnap him and force him to dress up like Obi and act like him all the time *nervous laugh* *fidgets* Um... [face_devil]

Welcome Young Padawan Learner to the craziness that is us JA Obi fans. ;) My name is Jess, and I am obsessed (hey that rhymed) with Obi-Wan. [face_love]

If you have any information about the JA Obi-Wan that you would like to share, please go ahead. I'll be only to glad to listen. Pictures are even better... :D

Anyway, welcome, and just start randomely posting, and don't mind my craziness... most people on this thread have almost already gotten used to it ;)

24. YoungPadawanLearner

YoungPadawanLearner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2002
    Well, Obi has always been a fav. character of mine, and the JA series add alot to his character IMO.

25. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    You are right YPL, JA series kinda give you a thorough background on his character, showing you why Obi may act the way he does, or do things a certain way. I also shows you what a tragic life the poor boy has had :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.