main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jabba Barge Set Build for Celebration in Orlando

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JawaJaka, May 17, 2016.

1. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Calling all prop/set builders!!

After some talk on astromech.net I think I have permission to at least make plans and building material lists for a set in the R2 BC area at Celebration in Orlando. If all goes well we'll be building a small Jabba's Barge that fits in a 12' x 12' area (can go a little longer to 15' x 12'). I am pulling some screen shots, drawing up rough drafts and deciding how to build it. I would like a crew that is committed to come to my backyard in Aurora for a few weekends starting in August. This will kind of be like the float build, and anyone in any of the groups are more than welcome to help out. Again, this is for the R2 BC area at C8 in Orlando. We have to build this in such a way that we can transport it easily without renting a huge moving truck (smaller trailers we own, parts in my RV, etc, any way to break it down for easy transport that won't cost us an arm and a leg or two).

I also need someone to take my rough plans and make a final plan that looks somewhat professional that I can take to Droid Con next month. I have a good idea of some of the building materials (wood, fabric, and PVC pipes, maybe), and am willing to look for materials on a budget or use whatever is donated to the project. I will need handy men/women to build it all by next April.

If you want to be a part of this project let me know. It has a really good chance of getting LFL approval if we do this right (getting the plans made before next month is the first step). If this is a go I'll be on the set committee as a leader of this set build. The other set that is being built is a Tattoine Droid Repair Station, being built by the Florida Builders. Once plans and materials list is approved I'll start a C8 Barge Set donation button, hopefully on all the group forums. This is a great chance for all the SW fan groups in the Colorado/Wyoming area to make something great for C8.

Please feel free to ask questions.

p.s. I'm posting this on all the group boards.