main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Jade Lance

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SephyCloneNo15, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings

As he listened to 'Bones' Chandler started to get more and more anxious, they rarely got a chance to get anything this good. However he didn't exactly fit the whole sneak in and steal role. He could make the perfect distraction though. He was just about to say something when he felt Morgana slither over his lap. "I think it's time we offer our services." he said mischievously to the serpentine dæmon at his feet.

"Bones, I'll work the diversion angle, feel free to steal the goods." he said smiling. "Just give me the time and place." he added as Morgana began coiling around his shoulder.

TAG: Bones

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Lord Robert Lindman of Blackmere
    The Council of Venice

Revulsion filled the lord as his heart leapt to his throat. He swallowed sharply, tasting bile. What sort of blasphemy was this? Lindman had, incorrectly, assumed that physical proof of God's other worlds would put an end to the Magisterium's militant action.

But this...thing that stood before him brought feelings of dread. Beratul clung to his high-backed chair, her zeal for the unknown diminished. Robert stood slowly, addressing Silas Moore.

"Silas. The Barnard-Stokes heresy has been proven true. There is no element of the heretic evident in it - we have all seen the proof. Instead of Christian acceptance, Silas, you bring before me this beast born of machinations and experimentation. The Magisterium has no hand in choosing man's path: it is God's task."

He stepped from his chair, surveying his fellows. Beratul flitted to the ceiling and there perched.

"It is not at the Magisterium's pleasure that anything is done. We have a higher calling - to purge evil and to enlighten our fellows. Tell me, Silas, why you have done this."

Tag: Sephy

3. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    Name: Kyra Isabella Pendroy
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Slightly on the short side of the line, Kyra has a curvy, athletic figure. Long, wavy mahogany hair, bottle green eyes, and smooth, peach skin. Quite the pretty little thing.
    Personality: Cheerful and active, Kyra is quite the bright young woman. She?s intelligent and outgoing, but tends to slack and neglect activities she doesn?t like, giving off the impression of being irresponsible, which is true to a certain degree. Isabella is quite open minded and caring, and usually keeps negative emotions in, which in the long run, affects her some days. Suffers from terrible mood swings from time to time. Talks and acts thoughtlessly when angered. Childish at times.
    Job: Student.
    Bio: Born and raised in a wealthy family, Isabella led a fun childhood as an only child. When she was eleven, her younger sister was born, after which her mother fell gravely ill. Little Kyra suddenly found herself with the responsibility of helping her father raise the baby. From then on, she kept living her life between Hospital visits, school and the baby, leaving little time for friends and socializing.

Somehow, the little girl managed, and grew into the fun-loving young woman she is today.

Dæmon (if applicable)
    Name: Thalius
    Form: Tiger
    Personality: Calm and quiet, Thalius is extremely loyal to Isabella. He genuinely loves the girl, but doesn?t spoil her, nor does he let her laze too much. Isabella often claims he stole most of the traits her parents wanted her to have.

------------------------------

Name: Rebecca Pendroy
    Appearance: Just like her sister, Rebecca is on the short side of the line, she has straight black hair cut a little under her collarbone and, big bottle green eyes, just like her sister?s. She?s paler than Isabella and has a birthmark on her right shoulder.
    Personality: Rebecca is a shy, quiet girl. She?s sweet and caring, Isabella?s gentler counter part. enjoys sitting with Isabella while she tells stories or talks to her about her mother.
    Although Isabella often encouraged Rebecca to go on and make friends, the little girl never entirely succeeded at it.

Job: n/a
    Bio: Raised mostly by her sister and a nanny, Rebecca soon decided she liked being her sister?s favourite doll. She rarely sees her mother nowadays, and this does bother her a little, but she?s hardly ever complained.

Dæmon (if applicable)
    Name: Sethelah
    Form: Unsettled.
    Personality: Playful, fun loving and quite the cowardly little thing.

4. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Nina Marnell
    South of Trollesund

Hovering over the clearing on her spray of cloud-pine, Nina listened to the discussion around her in silence, and though she remained still, her crow dæmon was constantly moving about restlessly on her shoulder, betraying her own agitation.

"There has been talk, at the markets, of the creation of further evil, from our governing body," came an angry voice from the ground. A man was speaking, his lynx dæmon prowling around the fire. "We cannot allow the Magisterium to threaten humanity, again."

Arion beat his wings in the air, growing further troubled. "You don't think they'll be doing that...that cutting again, do you?" he asked, looking from the man to Nina.

"I don't know, Arion," she told him quietly. "I hope not."

She, like everyone else there, knew the stories of the Gobblers and Bolvangar, and while the thought of not having a dæmon was frightening enough, the fact that there were people who would knowingly cut away another person's dæmon was absolutely terrifying.

"I suppose we can take some comfort in that they can't possibly do anything worse," Arion said. Then, almost doubtfully: "Can they?"

Nina's gaze shifted to her dæmon. "Arion, if the Magisterium can think of something that is worse than intercision...then I do not want to know what it is."

Tag: SephyClone, Nick, DarthXan, Darth_Vaders_cousin

5. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Sam Black
    South of Trollesund

Promise of work had brought him to the gathering. Work the Magesterium had been taking away most recently.

He stood close to the fire, a prominent figure among the humans gathered. Saying he stood out would be an understatement. He was dressed in his drab brown jacket, wrapped tightly around his thin frame. The collar was popped up around his neck, and a red silk neckerchief was barely visible behind it. His worn denim pants were a faded shade of burnt orange, and the brass buttons running all the was up the sides were dripping as ice melted off of them. He was, by the standards of this group, heavily armed. He tooled leather belt sagged under the weight of the Schofield quick shooter strapped tightly down to his thigh. His brass-knuckled dagger sat sideways on the opposite hip (left) and it too dripped with water as the fire melted off accumulated ice. His brown leather boots were darkened by the water accumulated on them, but thankfully had not yet begun to get his feet wet.

Sitting at his left, Jessi, his cougar daemon, did no better to blend in. Her brown coat was designed for desert camouflage, but was light enough to allow her to at least slightly blend into the snow. The leather rifle sheath attached to her right side did stand out a bit however. It rested between her hip and shoulders and the customised rifle fit snuggly in place with out hampering her ability to move. Neither was eager to speak.

They had come here on a whim. They had heard about this secret gathering, a plan to over throw the Magesterium, and to Sam that meant work. He hadn't seen much recently. The Magesterium had it's own army, it's own assasins, it's own bounty hunters, and they were working over time. They were even rounding up prisoners from towns, which decreased the crime rates meaning he couldn't even get a job helping small town law enforcement. No one knew what they were doing, but most assumed they were taking out anyone who might get in their way. Others thought it was some twisted new experimentation. Either way, they were using their resources for every minor argument, and they weren't outsourcing work anymore. He'd heard reports that they had taken over quite a few police agencies and some how their armies kept growing larger. Rumors of unified military control of every settlement had even passed by Jessi's well trained ears from time to time.

What ever they were planning or doing, they were putting people like him out of buisness. Not only that, he'd heard some people he knew, some so-called "friends", fellows in the trade, had disappeared. A few wound up dead. Mejico was considered the last real place for freelancers. Unfortunatly, with out work, he didn't have the money for passage, and in this snow encrusted land even crime didn't pay. No one had enough money to be worth stealing from, and, as previously mentioned, the Magesterium was cracking down on crime.

So he came here looking for work. If not work than maybe he could help take the Magesterium down a notch, just enough that he could eek out a living on the ensuing chaos. Maybe make them go away forever, and secure work for himself for a long time.

He cleared his throat and spoke over the whispers.

"Name's Sam Black. I'm a bounty hunter, and them Magesterium folk are puttin' my kind outta work. They been revokin' bounties and sickin' their own on 'em instead. 'N' they killin' any'ne who gets in their way. Makin' hard for a man to live out 'ere. 'N' there's rumurs o' people goin' missin'. Lots'o'people. Any'ne got 'n idea why?"

Tag: All

6. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    GM's OOC: Sorry about the delays. Try and update this weekend depending on my karked up Spring Break situation...

7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Character Sheet

Name: Thaddius Mullendor

Appearance: Thaddius has dark hair worn in a pony tail, some of his bangs loose around his face, a van dyke, has piercing blue eyes, a long, drawn out face and pallid skin. His clothes resemble those of a reasonably well to do merchant, solid material but nothing terribly flashy. Brown leather oxfords, dark brown coat, no tie, white black shirt, dark brown slacks. He also tends to carry a sword cane.

Personality: He is what you might call bookish, loving to find out new things. Not precisely the most adventurous, but always willing to give something new a go just so he can boast he did it. His loan constant risk is that he loves swords... as well as fighting with them. If he can be said to have a passion, that would be it.

Job: Former research assistant, considering becoming a bounty hunter

Bio: Thaddius grew up in a well to do house, but his father was less than supportive of his son's interest in books. Silar respected those who could read, but disagreed with it taking up most of a man's time. Silar claimed it gave one weak eyes, a weak constitution and a weaker mind. Only one of the three came true with Thaddius, and the one was only slight. Reading glasses became a requirement for any late night scallywagging of books, which was a constant.

Later in life his father showed him a sword. It was love at first cut, as his finger was sliced open. Thaddius couldn't handle the durned thing any better than a club, but he loved it. That love changed into something resembling competence when he neared seventeen, and since has become a mark of pride as he duels on a regular basis. His lack of new scars in recent years is a testament to his learning.

Two years prior to his turning twenty-six Silar introduced the young man to firearms. The old passion returned with a vengeance in this new form, and he has since considered becoming a hunter of some sort to make a living instead. Nothing has come of this considering, but one never knows precisely what the future holds.

His family has been against the Magisterium, but down nothing to draw any kind of attention to itself. Thaddius is rapidly running out of patience with his father when it comes to this.

Dæmon

Name: Valthera

Form: Panther

Personality: Silent is the word that best describes Valthera, she is seldom seen by others and even less seldom heard. When she speaks Thaddius listens, as do those that know her. A fierce fighter, it drives her quite thoroughly crazy to watch Thaddius fight in his duels knowing there is nothing she can do to help.

:snoopy

8. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    GM's OOC: May be a bit late on the update. Flying home tomorrow right around when I was planning to update. I'll still try to update tomorrow evening, but who knows with the 'rents and all.

Also, welcome to two new players. Trimaj, as you can see, and Darth_Elu has promised to send me a sheet (or two!)

9. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I just finished this trilogy (I knew of this thread before it, but I didn't want to join in case the opening post had spoilers, which it did, so that was lucky.) and if this games still going, like to join? It's been pretty quiet here, but it might pick back up?

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: sephy's just having troubles due to his spring break situation, i don't think it's dead yet.

:snoopy

11. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    GM's OOC: Jess, we'd love to have you. Feel free to submit a sheet.

Everyone else, I've given up on the prospect of posting during break. I simply have to move my laptop around too much and can't get nearly as comfortable with it at my house as I can in my dorm, making long posts -like the update would be- extremely uncomfortable propositions. I'll try (in fact, I'll try really really hard) to post Sunday night after I land back in Sunny Florida.

12. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    GM APPROVED! :D [face_dancing]

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Jaymee Slade
    Appearance: Small for her age, Jaymee has petite features and a pretty face, speckled with freckles. Her hair is brown and goes just past her shoulder, it's usally in plaits. Her eyes are a brilliant green, the same as her daemons
    Personality: Jaymee is quite shy around people older than her, feeling intimidated by those she knows are superior to her. That being said, like any child she loves adventure and is always out for some good fun.
    Job: N/A
    Bio: Jaymee was brought up in the house of Lyra Silvertongue and her husband. Her mother was a live-in servant of the house, so Jaymee, while being exposed to the "good life" (as her mother calls it) was never really a spoilt child. However, Lyra insisted she be taight to read and write, so attended lessons. She has always been in awe of Lyra and therefore a little afraid of her, particularly since Master Will went away, Lyra has been ever so strange. She one day hopes to be a Scholar of Experimental Theology just like her mother's mistress. She has always been enamoured by Lyra's son, Will, whom, while older than her by a few years, always treated her kindly.

Dæmon
    Name:
    Axis
    Form: Unsettled, but bright green eyes/features always present in his forms
    Personality: Axis brings out Jaymee's adventurous side and has an insatiable curiousity.

I was gonna post an introductory post, but I'll wait for you to update and then begin :)

13. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    GM's OOC: Ladies and gentlemen. I stand before you, rewarding your patience and asking your forgiveness. Hopefully future updates won't take quite as much mustering...

IC: Silas Moore
    Venice

"Silas. The Barnard-Stokes heresy has been proven true. There is no element of the heretic evident in it - we have all seen the proof. Instead of Christian acceptance, Silas, you bring before me this beast born of machinations and experimentation. The Magisterium has no hand in choosing man's path: it is God's task.

"It is not at the Magisterium's pleasure that anything is done. We have a higher calling - to purge evil and to enlighten our fellows. Tell me, Silas, why you have done this."

Silas fought a grin. It did not go unnoticed to one as watchful as Silas that Lindman was one of the rabble-rousers in the high ranks of the Magisterium. The Lord of Blackmere was one of the men whom he had expected to argue with him, but he had frankly been preparing himself for a much more difficult debate with Lord Robert Lindman.

"Brother Lindman," Silas began, not implying that the Lord of Blackmere was a monastic, but rather that all in the Magisterium were brother and sister, "You say that it is not our place to choose man's fate, but our fate lies solely in the hands of the Authority? Well, who was it who placed us where we are in this great Creation? Are we not the Magisterium because the Authority so wills it? Has He not placed us in positions of power for a great purpose? And what greater purpose than to lead every intelligent being in every Creation away from Sin?

"That is my purpose. I seek to purge evil, just as you do. But, unlike you, I accept that there are those who would happily spend their lives in Sin, ignorant or apathetic towards the fires of Hell. What is to become of those poor souls? Do we let them fester in their own hateful Sin, claiming that we tried to reason with them, or do we find alternative methods to protect our flock from the terrors of Sin? I happen to know from my studies that fear can be a powerful motivator."

Rather than allow Robert to gather a following and attempt to ruin Silas' work right here in Venice, he chose to focus on Lindman, preventing others from joining the debate. If others joined the Lord of Blackmere's cause after the dispersal of the Council and Silas' permission to proceed as he saw fit, that would be easy enough to quell. But if Lindman was allowed to rally supporters before the Council convened, it could be disastrous. "Rebuttle, Lord of Blackmere?"

Tag: Peng

IC: Rupert "Bones" Jones[/b]
    [i]Lyra Silvertongue's house, around midnight[/i]

'Bones' and his small entourage creeped towards the dark home of Old Lady Belacqua. The building was somewhere between a mansion and a normal house in size, and the ground-level windows were easy enough to access.

Rupert's hands were shaking as he tried to jimmy the window open. He eventually got it, but not quite as quietly as he might have liked. A loud click sounded, and he turned to his merry band of thieves and gave them a hand signal to hide.

Several seconds later, when he was certain no one from the household was awakened and investigating, he gestured his comrades out of hiding, and slid the window open. One by one, they climbed in and fanned out, searching for the Truth Measurer.

In a small bedroom on the second floor, Jaymee Slade heard the noise and woke, wondering who was trying to break into the house she had grown up in.

On the other side of Oxford, Chandler Billings, along with dozens of Outsiders, emerged from hiding, globs of mud in their hands, ambushing a troupe of College Kids. The Outsiders had hidden just outside the gates of Jordan College, claiming every rogue barrel, bush, tree, dustbin, or gutter as a hiding spot. Once the College Kids were out, the gate behind them was blocked by Outsiders while they were bombarded from every angle.

Despite the odds, the College kids were not to be written off right away. Right next to Chandler, an

14. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    OOC :D The fun begins!

[b]IC Jaymee Slade and Axis[/b]
    [i]Lyra's House[/i]

As soon as Jaymee awoke at the noise, her daemon, Axis, became a large brown hare and tilted his long ears towards the door, listening for the sound. "Let's go check it out!" He whispered excitedly and becoming a bright green moth, flew to Jaymee's shoulder.

Shivering in the cold, Jaymee silently crept to the door and opened it, praying it wouldn't creak. Peering into the dark hall she crept out and moved down the hall. She could definitely hear movement downstairs, and possibly whispers. [i]What time is it?[/i] She wondered, still a little disorientated after being so deeply asleep, [i] Could the servants be getting an early start on breakfast?[/i] But she knew she hadn't been asleep that long, so she crept to the top of the stairs.

"Go on!" Axis urged.

Jaymee took one step down and turned to her daemon, "What if they have weapons?" she whispered, "Maybe I should just go and wake Mr. Walker," Mr. Walker was the head servant, and scared Jaymee terribly.

"Nah, ole' Walker will just give us a clip round the head and tell us to get back to bed," Axis replied, "let's just go downstairs. Remember, it's our turf, we know all the good hiding places in here!" It was true, Jaymee knew this house like the back of her hand and was confident of being able to hide well if she needed to. So she quickly crept down the remainder of the stairs and peered around into the sitting room. Axis became an owl on her shoulder, and examined the darkened room. "That window shouldn't be opened," he hooted softly.

Then a soft thump came from the next room, making Jaymee jump in fright. They was defintely someone in the house that shouldn't be. Resisting her insict to run back upstairs and hide under her bed covers, she crept towards the door to Lyra's study. She had only been in that room twice, the first time they had been caught almost immediately and been punished. It was Axis' fault, his curiousity always got them in trouble. But the second time, they had had the chance to have a good look around and found the most curious item in Lyra's cabinet. Axis had wanted to get it out and examine it, but Jaymee refused and then they heard Mr. Walker coming and had to hide. But the item had looked like a compass of some sort. Jaymee had to admit, she was the smallest bit intrigued by it.

There were shuffling sounds coming from inside the room and the door was open just a crack. Knowing what Jaymee was thinknig without her saying it, Axis became a mouse and ran down her side, to nudge the door open and creep just inside, so that he wasn't pulling on his connection to Jaymee. He returned almost immediately and whispered to her, "There are kids in there! Street kids, and they are searching through Miss Lyra's things! One of them has already thrown all the papers from her desk and one of the theology books has had a page torn out of it!" Jaymee was an indignant as her daemon and in a rare moment of anger and courage, threw open the door to confront them. Axis became his favourite wildcat form at her side, green eyes glaring ferosciously.

[b]TAG: Seph, any[/b]

15. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings/Morgana

"Morgana, let's see if we can't spook that rock thrower." Chandler said to the slowly shifting serpent before him, her nech widened, and fangs grew as she shrunk down slighty.

"Is thisss sssuitable?" she hissed.

"Absolutely. Now, let's move." he said. He followed closely behind the cobra and snuck up behind a small wall wit ha small crack at it's base. "Okay, now work your magic Morgana." he whispered. The high skriek and sounds of running made Chandler burst out laughing, the trick had worked. Then the cobra slithered back to his side, smiling.

"Job complete." she said.

He then ran back to 'Bones'. "Ok, start a counter strike, I've scared 'em off for now, time for phase 2?" he added curiousity in his voice.

TAG: 'Bones'

16. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC - Marshall Connelly with Kyana
    South of Trollesund

Marshall listened intently to the older gentleman. His words were wise and Marshall thought for a moment. Kyana leaned up to his side and whispered his mind's wanderings into his ear.

"Can we assume that there is only one entrance to the other worlds? The Aurora is now widely known to allow visitors from our realm to the next. They found a way to get there before, they can do it again."

Kyana padded around the fire again. Her footsteps hit the earth lightly and she moved like she was stalking prey. Her mind, like Marshall's was on obtaining retribution for the crimes long past, of the Magisterium. Working as one, they continued speaking.

"I said it before, we cannot allow the Magisterium to wound this world, further. But, first, we need to find out their plans. Has anyone contact on the inside?"

Tag: Forest Gathering

17. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Lord Robert
    The Council

Robert fought back the urge to teach Silas the meaning of the word purge. He could feel the eyes of the Council looking on him, and for a moment he felt as though his world would come crashing down about him. And then he felt Beratul above him, lovely Bera, and it didn't matter any more.

Silas wanted this. He wanted the anger that would be so like Robert Blackmere.

"Rebuttal, Brother Silas:" said Robert smoothly, adding the slightest edge to the word 'brother'. Silas would hear it as insult, the others as a simple title. Or would they? Doubt was a wonderful tool; Silas had shown him that much already.

"Sin and temptation go hand in hand. Do not forget the Original Sin, and Lucifer's temptations of not only Eve, but of Christ as well. With this power comes great temptation, Silas, the temptation to use it. This is the ultimate test - one you have failed."

Tag: Sephy

18. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Bria Filtayn

Several miles south of Trollesund

Bria was rapidly losing interest in the meeting. People were talking, but she didn't know who or where they were, or even what they were saying, really ... if not for Derrin's firm grip on her hand, she'dve squirmed away and stole off into the trees to play by now.

"...ze key to leaving our vurld is ze Aurora." Hard as his accent was to decipher, that caught Bria's attention. Leaving the world? Everyone knew that all the gates to the other worlds were closed, thanks to Lyra Silvertongue ... what was this about the Aurora?

"Who's that, Tarq?" Bria asked her daemon, who promptly shifted to a sparrow and took off. "Some old guy by the fire," Tarquin reported back after flying around for a bit. "Like really old, hunchbacked and covered in a pile of furs and everything."

Huh. Bria digested that in silence as her daemon landed on her shoulder. Where was that guy from? She'd definitely never seen anyone like that around, or heard that accent before for that matter.

"What's the Aurora?" Bria asked her brother, not bothering to keep her voice down.

TAG: Forest peeps (anyone who might have overheard Bria)

19. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    GM Approved!

These are my first two characters: others coming later.

Character Sheet

Name: Atticus Dahmun [At-Tick-Us/Day-Mun]
    Appearance: Average build, about 5?8? tall, Hunter Green eyes, Blond hair that is either usually parted in the front or slicked back
    Personality: Nice and Caring, Determined to see things through to the end, Loyal, But a bit of a coward (unless fighting for someone he cares deeply for), can be a bit of a rebel rouser at times however (especially in his articles)
    Job: Independent Writer

Bio: Atticus Dahmun has always been known as a stubborn and nosy person. Though the proper and better terms are determined and curious for those not so ill-inclined towards him. He has many who look up to him and many who?revile him. It?s in his job description. As an independent writer, Atticus and Artemidoris go looking for an interesting article to write. Usually about someone or another high up in the Magisterium. People love ?dirt? and so Artemidoris and he found it and supplied it to the masses.

Of course, he found himself in trouble now and again and there were a couple articles he was stopped from publishing, told to burn forever (which he regrettably did), and was told never to tell anyone. Atticus and Artemidoris both get the feeling they?re watched occasionally to make sure he doesn?t and so far?they haven?t. Yet.

As a writer too, Atticus has always possessed an interest and fascination with Dust. Though he has never told anyone other than his daemon. To talk of that would be dangerous indeed.

Dæmon
    Name: Artemidoris
    Form: Raccoon
    Personality: Fiery, Competitive, ?What will be will be? attitude, Bit of a spy?

Character Sheet

Name: Kiara-Sophine Andrepuls [Key-Are-Ah/So-Feen/An-Drep-Ulls]
    Appearance: Red-Gold hair that just reaches her shoulders, Shimmering Gray eyes, and of course?small, but growing!
    Personality: Chipper but serious, a little snobbish at times (used to her parents), a bit of a know-it-all, and often expects too much of herself or others, brave for her age, Quite social when she gets going and loves being the center of attention (this came from her own daemon)
    Job: N/A

Bio: Little Lady Kiara-Sophine Andrepuls. So she was commonly called by her parents and their servants. A wealthy family, like so many others, she was born into. And from it, she got her still evolving personality. A little snobbish, a little elitist, a little ?I know everything, peon? and a lot of bravery.

Kiara-Sophine Andrepuls never meant for the way she acts sometimes, but because she is surrounded with it almost all the time, she has started to become it. Her touch of elegance (or so she?s just beginning to grasp hold of) comes from her mother and her bravery comes in from her father?s side. He was once a proud officer of some sort or another (Lord Andrepuls never did speak of it much to her, only others at parties) and taught his daughter to never fear anyone or anything. If an obstacle faces you. Overcome it. At any cost.

Dæmon
    Name: Pyyrheus
    Form: Unsettled (Five favorite forms are: Squirrel, Scorpion, Tiger, Osprey, & Komodo Dragon)
    Personality: Intelligent, Analyzing, Patient, Proud, Adventurous, Bit of a Show-Off

20. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Nina Marnell
    Forest Clearing

"...ze key to leaving our vurld is ze Aurora," an elderly Muscovite pointed out.

Still at Nina's shoulder, Arion cocked his head in curiosity. "He thinks they'll try to break out into the other worlds?"

"I wouldn't put it past the Magisterium," the young witch replied, reaching up to scratch her dæmon's neck. "As he said, they can no longer deny that the other worlds are there, so I suppose the next step would be attempting to control them." At this, her usually quiet tone had a edge to it, though just slight enough that even if anyone else heard, only Arion would have noticed.

The first man, with the lynx dæmon, said somthing about discovering the Magisterium's plans, and asking if anyone had contacts on the inside. Nina didn't believe this to be the case, useful though it would have been. If there were any such contacts, she didn't know anything about it.

In any case, she felt that the Muscovite's statement merited more discussion. Nina knew how Lord Asriel had built the first bridge out of their world, using the energy released when a person was severed from their dæmon, but would the Magisterium employ the same process? Moving to hover closer to the fire, she voiced her own question. "How might they propose to rebuild that bridge, though? Would they use the same methods as Lord Asriel, perhaps, to tear open the skies again? Or do they know of another way that we may not see?"

Tag: NickLitYouAFlame, DarthXan, Darth_Vaders_cousin, SephyCloneNo15, Forest Clearing

21. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    IC - Marshall Connelly with Kyanah
    South of Trollesund

Marshall sighed. He had been trying to get at exactly what the witch was asking. Kyana whispered to him. He replied icily to the Gathering.

?Without any hard evidence, it is easy to assume they are looking for a way to open the portals. Before, a knife was found, that was able to cut up the link between worlds. The Magisterium knew of it. Maybe, they are onto another such knife.?

?Maybe, the Magisterium is searching. If they are, we should be following suit. If that kind of weapon was in their hands, their rule would be hard to suppress.?

Tag: Gathering

22. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Sam Black
    Gathering

"I ain't nev'r hear o' such a thang. 'Sides, what sorta damage keen a knife do." He grinned a bit, patting the pistol on his side. "Ol' sayin' where I comes from...don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Tag: Gathering

23. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Marshall Connelly with Kyana in a clearing South of Trollesund

Marshall stared with contempt in his eyes, across the flames. Kyana let a low rumble emerge from her throat.

?We are not exactly in a gun fight, thought, are we? And, it is little surprise that you haven?t heard of such a thing, hillbilly, but that doesn?t mean it doesn?t exist.?

Marshall leaned forward and directed the next words to the whole of the gathering, just to keep everyone on an even scope.

?As for the damage, the edge of the knife that isn?t tearing holes in reality, can cut through any substance with ease. So, after they cut your gun in half, they can run you through.?

He made sure to look at the first man, when he finished. His eyes blazed. Throughout his speech, Kyana had padded the dirt and she now came to a rest by his feet, but made no attempts to hide her restlessness. The erratic movements, reflected the feeling of her body, barely in control of his raging temper.

Tag - Forest Gathering

24. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Sam Black and Jessi
    Gathering

Jessi snarled back as the Lynx let out a low growl, and Sam rested his hand on the butt of his pistol as the man spoke. He could feel the tension between them growing in the man's voice.

"Ain't really tha place fer name callin' now is it?" He said, meeting the man's blazing gaze and matching it's ferrocity. The hairs on Jessi's back bristled a bit, and she moved closer to his side and hunched a bit, as restless as the other man's Daemon.

"I ain't gonna hide tha fac' I did so' work fer tha Magesterium. 'N' I've travel'd all 'round 'n' I ain't heard no tell of a weap'n like your describin'. 'N', jus' 'bout any blade 'll run ya through mate." He stressed the mate with nearly clenched teeth. "Why don't ya come 'n' try ta run 'ne through me, see how close ya keen get."

Tag: Nick, Gathering

25. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Of Marshall Connelly with Kyana in a clearing South of Trollesund

Marshall pulled his hunting blade from the log on which he sat. Kyana turned back on him, willing him to calm himself. Violence between allies was unwanted. But, Marshall couldn?t hide that fact that he had no respect Sam Black. He had nearly sent his blade through the man?s teeth, and that was in a large group. He couldn?t say what would happen if they met alone.

?The knife was destroyed. But, regardless, of your belief in it, the blade still existed. So, maybe the Magisterium is looking for a replacement tool. We cannot rule out the idea.?

Marshall kept his hand tight on his own knife. He kept it held slightly aloft, ready to let it fly, should Sam mock him again.

Tag - DVC, Gathering

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.