main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Jade Prophecy - L/M, H/L Thank you to the readers!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    HAHAHA yes, 432 dollars from Costa Rica to New Jersy!
    I used Expedia not Travelocity, don't know why I said Travelocity.... ;)
    And hey! CR is FUN! :d

I forgot to say it last time:
    FIX FIX FIX!
    :d

DM

2. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    *giggles* M'Lady, I'll always support your dramatic choices... This story wouldn't be as awesome if you didn't torture us all the time... I'd never threaten bodily harm... All those BB jokes... I just said I'd let him loose on you... He'd probably just lick you to death.

August it is then! ;) I just love the Jersey Shore in August... The Ocean City boardwalk is where I have my earliest memories... Johnson's popcorn, grape snow cones, and riding "The Whip" with my cousin and baby sis until we barf all over each other... A yearly tradition...

Dang! Now I miss my OC,NJ!!!

A. Windsor

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Ah, I haven't seen Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring in almost two years now. I don't quite remember everything.

You have to admit though, the idea of Han going into a gay bar, and heading off with someone he meets there -without knowing the truth- IS somewhat amusing. :D

I can't recall this many angry or sad faces on posts her...EVER. And some of the responses are really cool. :D

Wonder what Han's reaction is going to be when he wakes up in the morning? I hope he remembered some protection, or he might end up with even MORE problems.

Chewbacca sleeps on the Falcon? Is this every night? I would've thought he had his own apartment close to Han's. I thought he maybe had his own set of rooms in Han and Leia's place. I think Chewie would beat Han about the head until he became unconcious. THEN, he would tie Han to a chair and lock him in a room...alone with Threepio (who's been set to NOT stop talking) for twelve straight hours. :D

4. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    With your blaster trained on both of them while this is going on?
    Eh, blaster, automatic laser turrets, a couple Wookiee friends of mine, Saber, a vibroblade. Lets see did I forget anything. :p

5. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    OMG, I missed so many posts. I really wonder if DRL will let me finish reading this story a day! *sighs*

*reads the posts*
    mmh, Mara's apologizing? Well, that's a new one. Maybe she's more a human than I thought!! :p

Great posts.
    Glad Leia was able to win over this :mad: Bothan.

Read the title of the last post:
    Descending into the Depths of Hell Well, after the H/L argument I have a very bad feeling about this. Especially after having skimmed through the readers' replies before reading your lastest post, LP.
    I understood that Han did something that I'd not love either, but I certainly didn't expected THAT!!!!
    Han, you...

LP, you're lucky that I don't have enough money to buy to ticket for New Jersey, and that there are exams I have to sit, next week and the week after, otherwise I swear I'd have been more than happy to go and unleash my wrath on you!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pff, suddenly I feel better. :p
    That doesn't mean I've forgiven you, LP!! ;) So you better fix it up soon, and prevent Han from doing such a ***** :mad:

I don't know when I'll be able to reply again, (certainly not before at least two or three weeks) but I'll try to keep reading.
    Back to your last post, try to fix before I can catch up: in three weeks, I'll be on holiday and I may decide to go to New Jersey... [face_devil]

6. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

DarthMasan: Fix it? Heh. I'm just getting going with this! [face_devil]

A-Windsor: That summer by the Jersey shore sounds like fun. And thanks for your support! :)

TorontoJediMaster: No, Han going off into a gay bar with someone who's not quite female is not funny. And in any case, it would never be acceptable here.

J_M_Bulldog: :eek: Should I just tell Han and Leia to run?

jedi-lelila: Thank you so much for coming back...although the death threats... :eek:

More tomorrow!

7. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *waits for Sunday with the Sun Crusher* [face_devil]

*laughs evilly* [face_devil]

8. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *eyes scary H/L fans fascinatedly*

9. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Gee, where did everyone go?

Come on all you H/Lers! Han just went off with a low-class hooker. Where'd all the lynch mobs go?

Oops! I know where they are.

They're all either on the road, or at the airports, hurrying to New Jersey...with pitchforks and torches. :D

Moving this up. :)

10. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    What would I do? I dunno. As long as there were some sort of hope for the two at the end of the story, I guess I could forgive you. I like angst in a story, as long as it leads to a happy ending. I could understand Luke doing something like that if it were in character. Just not out-of-character.

11. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    No, no, Emmi, Luke has more sense. What'd'ya mean, they haven't hit rock bottom yet, LP? *waves lightsaber threateningly* :mad:

12. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Should I just tell Han and Leia to run? Where would the fun be in that? I'd have to catch them. :p

13. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

JSM: SUN-CRUSHER :eek:

Gabri_Jade: You're fascinated? I'm a little bewildered, and I am an H/Ler!

TSM: I keep telling you, people are going to pass out from the fumes in New Jersey. It takes CONDITIONING to get used to this.

Sock_of_Darth_Vader: * grins * You'll see...

J_M_Bulldog: You'll catch them in this next post.

Next post coming right away!

14. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Chapter Sixty-Seven

Kalyiri took Han to a cheap room not far from the Prancing Bantha. The room she brought him to was small and sordid, and there was a closeness and fetidness that bespoke of too many bodies and too little fresh air. The furniture was cheap and somewhat worn, and the room was lit by a single light that hung from the ceiling. It was brighter here than in the bar, but somehow, the light still managed to cast a gloom, or perhaps it was just the squalidness of the room that seemed to cast a damper over everything.

Once inside the room, she started to pull the pins out of her hair, which came down in a heavy mass that fell to her waist. Again, Han was startled by her resemblance to Leia, whose thick, dark tresses had always fascinated him.

Kalyiri turned toward Han, who had sat down on the rather lumpy bed. He watched her as she started to slowly undo the buttons on the bodice of her outfit. If he?d kept his gaze only on her enticing body, things would have turned out differently, but for a brief moment, Han?s eyes flickered up toward her face. And then he stilled.

Perhaps it was the harsher lights of this room; perhaps Han was slowly starting to come out of his alcoholic haze. Suddenly, though, he saw that although Kalyiri was a very attractive woman, the striking resemblance to Leia that had so startled and enticed him earlier in the bar had faded on closer inspection. There was a hard cynicism in this woman?s eyes that Han had never seen in Leia?s eyes, not even in her darkest times, and the ripe figure now seemed more blowsy than enticing as she continued to undress.

Moreover, now that the alcohol was starting to wear off, Han realized with a wry sort of despair that he did not want a pale, cheap imitation of Leia. He still loved his wife with a soul-deep passion that he dimly recognized he might never be able to eradicate. He wanted Leia, and only Leia. Unwillingly, he smiled, laughing a little at himself.

?What?s the matter?? Kalyiri asked.

?Nothing,? Han said, his smile turning bitter. He turned away from her, suddenly somewhat morose.

Kalyiri sat down on the bed next to him and put her hand on his arm; almost instinctively Han moved away from her, suddenly feeling her touch to be a bit repugnant. ?Look, sweetheart, I don?t think this is going to happen.? He saw the narrowing of her eyes and knew what worried her. He pulled out his credit chip, and saw the sudden relief in her eyes. She quickly made the transfer of the five hundred credits.

After she was done, Kalyiri remarked, ?She?s a lucky woman.?

?What?? Han was caught off guard.

?The one you can?t stop thinking about,? Kalyiri said with a knowing smile.

Han shrugged noncommittally, and then rose. Kalyiri rose with him, and then leaned forward and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek. ?Good luck with her,? she said.

Moments later, Han found himself alone on the bottom level streets of Coruscant again. The effects of his drinks had almost completely worn off, but he was feeling lightheaded. And worse, he was now feeling a sense of overwhelming guilt. True, he hadn?t actually done anything, but he had been faithless in his mind.

I cheated on her.

Most who knew Han Solo would not have placed scruples and integrity high on their list of his attributes. But despite his braggadocio and his bluster, Han was innately very principled. When he married Leia, he had pledged himself?all of himself?to her for life. And even if Leia had turned indifferent to him and no longer needed him, Han still could find no justification for his own attempted infidelity, because he had made his pledges to Leia freely and with love.

Han?s cheerless and self-castigating ruminations took him through numerous streets and alley-ways of lower Coruscant; for once he was almost completely unaware of his surroundings, and it was only sheer luck that kept him from being attacked by thieves or underworld ruffians.

By the time Han started to notice his situation, the first streaks of light were starting to app

15. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Well, that was a relief! Just when I read the title of the chapter, I was thinking UH OH! And I guess it is... but not as bad as LEIA giving him "marching orders"! I luff my Hanny! I knew he'd come around! (OK... with you as the author I DIDN'T know it, but I sure was HOPING!) :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you, LP!! (gathers all the crumbs she can find)

16. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Geez Louise...

NO HAN! seperation is not what you need...
    you need communication!!

Not talking isn't going to help anyone...BAH!

but i'm glad he came to his senses

17. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Good boy, Han. Let that alcohol wear off......go back to Leia and work this out......

oh man, this war stuff is really bad if LUKE gets recalled.......cause he resigned his commission in the EU. :p

Hmm, I wonder if there will be more than one send off. ;)

18. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Boy, if this isn't the lowest point you can get Han and Leia to, I shudder to think what that could possibly be. :( :( Course, I still can't wait to see it! :D

Poor Han and Luke both, separated from the women they love! At least Han remembered that he loved her in time to stop from doing something incredibly stupid! But, oh, what will happen if Leia sees that credit transfer?! :eek: :eek: Not anything good, I imagine.

Can't wait for the next bit...when is Mara going to get to Han and Leia's apartment? And does him shipping out mean that we're not gonna get to see any great Han/Mara knock-down drag-out fights? Darn! :p

Need more and sooon!! :) :)

19. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    His old X-wing was destroyed by Tauro?s team on Nuoroni, and he?s gone with Artoo to prepare the new ship that was issued to him.?

WHAT???!?!?!?!?!?!

*aims Sun Crusher to New Jersey*

NO ONE DESTROYS LUKE'S X-WING AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!

20. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Hmm... good post.. :) You know ,as always.. but Han and Leia.. hmmm they need more communication!!

21. JainaPadmeJade

JainaPadmeJade Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 20, 2002
    well i'm glad they're sorta coming ot their senses! maybe time alone will make them see how much they need each other!! and no one can die!! if some one dies U die!! lol j/k

22. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Strangers again. That made me cry. You made me cry, LP.

23. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    I've just a few minutes before I leave.

He still loved his wife with a soul-deep passion that he dimly recognized he might never be able to eradicate. Okay, LP you're forgiven... for now. But if you dare writting a post like that...

Strangers again. Please, fix it up soon. Your story is killing me. It's unbearable!!!!

Otherwise, it was a nice post.
    Keep it up!

Lelila

24. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Well, I am proud of him for halting in his tracks. But, ya goof, you don't need to be away from her. You and her need to talk. Preferably before something worse happens. Problems are never resolved unless faced head on and talked through.

Luke's recalled! Yikes! :eek:

EDIT: I cannot spell words right to save my life :p

25. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Good Han -- he came to his senses in time.

Bad Han -- thinking that being separated from Leia will be for the best. Perhaps he's hoping that absence will make the heart grow fonder.

Hope Leia doesn't find out about the credit transfer. (Do they have a joint credit account?)

And now you're shipping Luke off just when Mara moves across the hall?! Now THAT is evil!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.