main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Jag Fel Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Melyanna, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I think the timing was okay, it's sort of interesting how the mention was so casual. In a way it was very "Fel-like" not to make a huge deal out of it.

2. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    o_O Fel II?

[face_batting]

:p

Yes, understatement thy name is Fel. :rolleyes: But really, IU there wasn't really a reason to say it. But it was nice of John to throw us that bone... [face_laugh]

*taps foot* Now I'm waiting for the epic Cade/Antares smackdown. =P~ Cause then Marasiah can stand in front of Cade and tell Antares "By shedding his blood, you shed mine."

Yeah, yeah... I know it's fanficcy but hey, it'd work.

:p

3. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Havac: I demand that Roan's father be named Soan. Darn it! :p

Connie: Very good about Jag's character. He's got it going on and there is no need to brag or be showy. I've never gotten that feel from him or the Fel family including Ro and Sia.

Cyn: I like your 'fic skit. Sia would sorta be in the Padme role there, except she has considerably more back bone.

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I actually vaguely like the idea of naming him Soontir, as it's a tradition in Jag's family to name children for ancestors, and dammit, I want an Emperor Soontir Fel. But against that is my dislike of the overreliance on naming new-generation characters for ancestors and a desire to see some creativity actually exercised in forming new names, and my Wookieepedian dislike of the need to go to disambigs that that would require for the two Soontirs Fel.

5. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Well it seems to be a tradition in that family.

Han = Roan, Mohrgan

Leia, Syal and Mara = Marasiah.

See :)

I see your point about the Wook and two Soontir Fels.

Nightmare. [face_worried]

6. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    I really want to see more of Jag's family. They're so cool, but so underused :-(

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I wouldn't be suprised if at some point DR would forgot that Jag has to have a son. :p

But I wish they would finally get Jag and Jaina together so we could have Roan and Sia walk down the hall talking about some important stuff and they would stand in front of J/J painting. ( Yeah wishful thinking on my part :( We have serious lack of Jag and Jaina pics )

BTW it's sad that a random sith chick got on cover of FOTJ book and Jag is still gone :(

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I wondered who that was supposed to be on the cover. What the heck?:rolleyes:

Maybe it's a faux cover and they'll unveil something awesome as a surpise closer to release. I know, dream on...

9. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    So, I'm rereading Force Heretic for WHTTATWJS, and I realized that I do enjoy Jag in these books. I don't enjoy the books that much, and the plotlines Jag is in are terrible, but Jag himself really does come off well. He moves beyond being just an excellent pilot (though he still is) and we see him as competent in unarmed combat, a guy who'll use his blaster on the ground -- an all-around soldier. We also see him display skill with technology, a familiarity with intelligence work, and detective skills. He's totally got the Batman thing going on already.

Even better is the way Dix and Williams give Jag this sort of instinctive rapport with Han. It lurks in the background, and I'd like to see more of the two actually being together, but they work together a lot, they have this mutual respect as pilots who know what the hell they're doing at all times, and they just have these great parallels as Forceless badasses. It's funny, since Jag was very clearly introduced as the next Wedge, but due to his role, he falls much more into being the next Han. He reminds me a ton of what Han would be like if he'd stayed in the Imperial fleet. Or . . . actually, I think Tycho in the fleet would be a closer parallel. But he really does carry a distinct, unique vibe that plays off Han very well nonetheless. I really wish we'd seen more of Han and Jag working together in the NJO and in LOTF.

10. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Those are interesting thougths Havac. I love Han Solo. [face_love] And as much as I relish the job Harrison did with him in the movies, I have to admit it has been the EU and watching him age that cemented my love of the character on a whole other level. A married man for going on four decades, a father and a prominent (if reluctant) figure in the NR and GA.

And here you have Jag Fel who stands ready to replace him in the next generation. Jag will marry the female Skywalker heir and is (as you say) a forceless badass who operates on his intelligence and merrit. However, we now have confirmed that Jag will be Emperor which is something Han never accomplished. :p

I really hope that we see a lot of the two of them together in the upcoming novels. Jag will be Han's son-in-law and being as though Solo has lost both of his sons that relationship could hold a lot of potential for future storylines.

However, all of this is contingent on Han Solo not dying in FotJ. [face_tired] [face_worried] :(

11. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I'd love to see Han interact more with Jag. I think it would really give him something to do, as Han has really been aimless lately with all the Jedi-centric storylines. I'd love to see him spend more time with Jaina and Jag. Jag especially he just bounces off very well.

To be honest, I don't expect Han to die in FOTJ. He's definitely the Big Three member I think is most likely to go first (there are really only two ways to do the first Big Three death: ease into it with Han, who's old and doesn't have the Jedi excuse and really hasn't had much to do narratively for a long time; or go for broke with a big, shocking, splashy Luke death. It's possible they could try to ease in with Leia, thinking she's got the least overwhelming popularity and the least vocal fanbase, but I just don't see it happening, especially not with Mara gone), but I just think we'd get more hype, more signals, in advance. If Omen seems to give off signals, though, I might change my mind, since it's a bit too early into this contract to really tell what the mindset is. But I'm just not convinced the powers that be are ready for a Big Three death yet. If I'm right and it's not this contract, though . . . I'd expect Han to go in the next one.

12. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't like to think about big three deaths. [face_plain] I hope their deaths are a long way off, but I agree with what you say about Han most likely being the first for the reasons you listed.

I just feel that they've all been through so much and lost so much and in a galaxy where humans can live to be around 120 they should be allowed to have time with all their grandchildren.

Seriously... seriously. [face_plain]

But I also know the type of stories that DR seems to pull towards and I'm not overly hopeful that all three of them will live to the 90 - 100 age. Hopefully at least one of them will.

What I really hope for is for Jag to live long enough to play a big role in Roan's early life and influence. :)

13. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    What I'd really like is for the Big Three to have a graceful retirement, as you describe, and get to enjoy old age in a relatively peaceful period while Ben, Jaina, Jag, Allana, Tenel Ka, Zekk, Lowie, Syal, Myri, Valin, Jysella, Tesar, and some new supporting characters handle the crises. Yet there's the fact that some of them, at least, ought to go out in a blaze of glory with a big punchy death scene worthy of Luke Freaking Skywalker or Han "Shoots First" Solo, and we really don't need them all dying in nursing homes. And while I'd like as many generations as possible to know Luke and Han and Leia, I'd also like to see Ben as the wise old Skywalker family patriarch, and not have Luke hanging over him his entire life, and the same with Jaina and Jag.

So there's ultimately a contradiction. I would like, as a person who likes the characters, to see them get what they deserve out of life. On the other hand, as a reader and a fan of the wider universe, I'd like to get some dramatic heft out of their deaths and I do look forward to the freeing effect on the universe and the fiction of not having them looming over the next generation. I suppose what I really want is a nice, long, graceful, and happy retirement sipping whiskey on the beach with Lando, punctuated by a spectacular Grand Master death for Luke and . . . well, I'm not sure about Han. I could go either way. Leia, for whatever reason, I just can't see anywhere else but in her bed surrounded by family, having outlived all the rest of the OT heroes. There's just something about her dignified inner strength, and the fact that she's never really had that action-hero persona, that makes me see her living to a ripe old age and dying quietly and happily.

You know, I've decided. Han can't end things quietly. It's not the way he'd want to go out. He's got to go out with a little zest, even if it just means climbing into the Falcon, jumping into hyperspace, and going until he sees Chewie.

14. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    I think that Leia will die old in her bed just like Rose from Titanic... :p

I mean someone has got to teach the ins and outs of politics to the little Fel-lings don't they? [face_whistling] Who better than a diplomat and a Jedi?

Seriously though, if Han goes out in this series, following Jaina and tending to her grandchildren would be a very Leia like thing to do. There even room within that storyline for Allana to go too. Also would provide her with an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with the Victory without War and Imperial Mission. The GA is most definitely not the place it used to be...

Besides having the last Princess of Alderaan stand behind the new Emperor would give Jag all kinds of crazy street cred with the "Average Joe" in the GFFA. Might even sway some under the Imperial banner.

15. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    *nods* Someone posted it over in Lit., the summer that I joined. The only way for Han to go out would be to ram the Falcon into a stardestroyer or something. His last words: "Punch it Chewie."

Han and Chewie must be together. @};-

Cyn:I think that Leia will die old in her bed just like Rose from Titanic...

Beautiful image and I agree that she should. [face_peace] And while I think Havac is right about her fanbase being the most 'subdued' of the three; we are a strong fanbase. If she gets a death that is not becoming to the strongest woman who ever lived... I WILL NOT BE HAPPY. :)

Leia along with Kenobi still remain as my fav SW characters. Sia, the Anakins, and Jag are not too far behind.

There even room within that storyline for Allana to go too. Also would provide her with an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with the Victory without War and Imperial Mission.

Especially since the mission was founded in honor of her death. :p

16. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    I agree that Han would want to go out with a bang, but I hope Jag gets the Falcon :-D

17. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Nah, Jag doesn't need it. He needs a kickass fighter, a luxury yacht, and an SSD. Perks of being Emperor.

No, I stick by my insistence that the Falcon go to Waroo or no one at all.

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Fixed your obvious spelling error.

19. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/64/Warucloseup.JPG]
    WARU: IN SPACE.

20. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't know. I think that if the Falcon survives Han it should rightfully go to Jaina if Leia is no longer living. Although I could see either one of them giving it to Waroo. :p

21. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Eh, the thing is that Jaina is a fighter pilot. She doesn't really a need a freighter . . . and it isn't appropriate transport for an empress!

I really want it to go to Waroo, because Chewie's family has really gotten a tough deal out of his life debt, and I think it's about time they got some respect from the Solos -- plus it would help bring Waroo in as a major character, which would be a significant improvement.

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    [face_laugh]

23. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I realize all that Havac. :) But Jaina is Han's only child and it is his ship and is the only material thing he gives a crap about, if you consider it a material possession. I think Chewie would feel the same way, because he never wanted anything in return. However, if she chose to give it to Waroo that would be fine by me as well. [face_peace]

24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Jag could have a shrine built to house the Falcon, it could also serve as a family moseleum. I'm sure you've heard of eccentic people that get buried in their cars, well this isn't really any different.:p

25. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    Put it in the GFFA's version of the Smithsonian. :p

[face_thinking] Although, I do like Connie's idea. Han petrified in the pilots chair...

[face_laugh]

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.