Fanclub The Jag Fel Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Melyanna, Oct 14, 2001.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's shameful I found this on the second page.:_|

Are you guys getting excited about Omen?[face_mischief]
  2. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Very much so. :D

Something I was unclear about in Outcast. What exactly is Jag's job. :p Other than being pretty, I mean. Is his position more of a military position or is he a civilian head-of-state? Does he command the Imperial military like Gilad did? I wasn't quite sure about that.
  3. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    It appears to be a wholly civilian position.
  4. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    So, it's be kinda like being president, but without the Commander-in-Chief role? And who controls the Imperial military, the Moff council?
  5. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    Well, I'm sure he has some authority over the military. But he doesn't seem to be part of the military as Pellaeon was.
  6. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Which is really okay, I can't see him in that white uniform... he's better in black.
  7. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Okay, let me correct that typo: So, it's kinda like being president.... :p
    I changed the structure of the sentence and didn't delete the 'be'. Spelling is one thing -bad grammer, is quite another. [face_blush]

Totally agreed on the black, Connie... totally. [face_love]

The book's first scene is probably my favorite. It is made complete by Fel in his sexy black Moff-wear. =P~ I picture everything about his attire as perfect... style, press, length, fit... ect, ect. And you know he smells freaking fantastic because he's that type. :p

Allston played the scene to a tee. You see Jag and Jaina in their 'professional' roles and you're like...'Okay, what's going on with them?' And then he hits you with the make-out session...BAM! Perfect. [face_love]

Just my two cents. :)

8. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Havac you are responsible for Jag's entry in Wookiepedia, right? Where on earth did you find that Jag is 1.6 meters tall? :confused:
  9. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    Just that he's over 1.6. There's somewhere where it says he's taller than someone, and that person turns out to be 1.6 meters. Heck if I can remember who it is, though.
  10. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    It think it states that he's taller than Luke... [face_thinking] And I want to say it happened sometime in LOTF.

Bah! Didn't we go through this a page or ten back?

11. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    It's sourced to Remnant. So I could check if I really wanted to. But at the moment, I don't.
  12. Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is there going to be an Omen page soon? It's coming in less than a month!
  13. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I remember that in Dark Tide Jaina mentioned that he was taller then her but not as tall as Ganner ( wasn't Ganner a very tall guy? )

As for Remnant I haven't found any line that would say that he is taller then other person.
  14. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    It's actually Mara he's taller than. "Jag looked down into the star-tlingly green eyes of the woman beside him" in Remnant. Mara is 1.6 meters tall according to the NEGtC. The book also describes Jag as "tall" at one point.

However, in Exile, Luke observes that Jag is "only a little over average height." Average height for a human is 1.75 meters according the New Essential Guide to Alien Species, so I guess his wookieepedia entry should say "Over 1.75 meters."
  15. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I always thought that Jag was around 1.8 meters tall. :p
  16. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm 1.78m tall and that works out to about 5' 10". *shrugs* I'm tall for a girl. :p

1.6m for Mara? Really? Is every girl in the GFFA such a shrimp? [face_laugh]

See Wes... *gestures up* This is why everytime I want to know something, I just PM you. O:) You know freakin' everything.

Who needs the Wook?

;)
  17. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey guys, come vote in the EUC awards and the stop by the Senate. Sinre's proposed a writing contest and I think you all should give us some feedback. :)
  18. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Cyn, Wes is the Wook. :p

*salutes Connie* I'll definately stop by.
  19. Master_Keralys Sometime Technical Aide and Erstwhile Lit Mod

Manager
    star 5
    5'3" isn't actually all that short for a girl. Most girls I know range between 5'3" and 5'6" - everyone else is an outlier. Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of girls who are 5'10", but I know plenty who are 5' even, too.

Besides, Mara needed to be shorter than Luke. Think that one through. ;)

In any case, Jaina is 4'10.5". If Jag is 1.75 m tall, that makes him 5'9" on the dot. And for sheer perfect looking good togetherness, that's basically perfect.

Since, you know, I'm 5'9" and my fiancée is 4'10.5"... let's just say I think it's a good difference.

Seriously, time for the girls to get all mushy: if we both have the same level of shoes on or are barefoot, her head nestles up in the hollow at the top of my chest beside my shoulder; her head tucks quite neatly under my chin - even when she has two-inch heels on and I'm in my regular dress shoes. It's perfect.

Besides, how rocking would it be if we could just substitute a picture of me and my lovely bride-to-be as our mental picture of Jag and Jaina? Say, about the time Jag gets back after Tenupe? [face_thinking]

:p
  20. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Fine by me Ker. You and Your's can be the official Jag/Jaina look-alikes for this fanclub and tf.net.
  21. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Since Jaina's height was mentioned I have a question: Isn't it weird that authors use Jaina's height based on books where she was 13-14 years old?
  22. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
  23. Jainasolo101 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Hey guys. I haven't posted on here in forever. I totally agree with you Chimpo. Because I get the books the day they come out, I might be reading Omen in line, at midnight to go see Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen with my brother. Should be fun!
  24. Master_Keralys Sometime Technical Aide and Erstwhile Lit Mod

Manager
    star 5
    Sure... but theoretically it covers up through when she was 15, and I can tell you for certain that my fiancée was as tall as she was going to get at 15. A lot of girls are, actually. So it's not that weird. Give her an inch or two. In any case, it's not like you have Denning going, "Jaina's 1.49 m frame was dwarfed by Lowie's 2.2 m bulk under the glowpanels..." So if we want to give her another inch or two in our own heads - or three or four, for that matter - we can get away with it pretty easily. All we really know is that she's short, at least as compared to Jag and Zekk. But Jag is decently tall, we know, and Zekk is really tall. We're not really stuck with the 1.49 m figure, it's just the last one we have (which is why it's on the wiki).
  25. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Girls typically do not grow too much after they hit puberty, that's just how it is. Boys often do but girls do not. I only grew another inch after 7th grade, in which, I was 12 until March when I turned 13. :) I was a little over 5'1" when I started school that year and my final height was 5'2 1/2". :p

So if Jaina was 4'10" at 14 then the most she probably made would be about 4'11". :)
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth