main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Jag Fel Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Melyanna, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Kyp is not metnioned in Jaina's nor she in Kyps! I looked...am I blind or something?

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    erm, read carefully, between the lines. Yeah :)

Okay, this one Im wrong, but you were wrong in the JSFC, so we both look stupid ;)

3. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    At least Jaina isnt drooling over Zekk anymore...I jsut finished SbS...and that one place were Jag is mentioned...doesnt really leave that much room for doubt...i think it might actually happen, people...this is getting me really excited for dark journey...and it will only be six dollars! SbS nearly broke the bank!

4. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Yeah, $28.08. The Sacrifices i make for Star Wars....

5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    That is a little much. The fourth Harry Potter book was over a hundred pages longer and when it came out one could get it for $13. But still I bought SbS. My addicton is depressing at times.

6. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    $28 bucks? Hey...you guys live in the country of release! I'm paying $17, no shipping costs and I live in Holland. Weird..

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    last post :)

Eld, 28 USD is about £18, bit more. In Britian it was £17.99. Dont know how the Dutch rate is

8. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Eld, 28 USD is about £18, bit more. In Britian it was £17.99. Dont know how the Dutch rate is

Well, normally it would cost Fl. 75,- here, which is about $35. I ordered it online where they asked Fl. 36,- (Why I don't know) and they confirmed the price. We always pay a little more because they import the books. For a paperback (Ruin, for instance) which costs $6.99 (Fl. 15,-) we pay Fl. 26,95
    They make a lot of money on imported books here. :(

What did you mean with "Last post"?

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, cost is the half the reason I'm waiting (for a LONG time) for the paperback version to come out.

10. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Poor R...J. Cheer up! Gamer #7 is out in two days, and it only costs, what, $7? (Gosh. That's a lot for me.)

Dang, you still can't read an excerpt on the Wizards page. *sigh*

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Hey, don't forget, I am practically begging for spoilers on SbS right now. So I know the main events. :)

12. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    I found Gamer a day early! I never find anything early, even dumb magazines. :)Good story. I think it was a little longer than the last one.

13. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmm... I should be selling a whole wad of Young Jedi cards today, so that's $25 there. Hopefully I'll be able to get to Barnes & Noble/Hastings soon and find it... I wanna read about Jag, dangit! :D

14. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    only i more day till i get it. :D

15. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    So have you all found Gamer yet? Funny that the thread slows down when we finally have something to talk about. :)

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Do I have it? no

Do I want to hear about it? yes :D

17. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    There were a lot if interesting things.

-It seems as though Jag is the only remaining son, or so it says. It says in Ruin that his mother had five children and that an older brother died fighting and a younger sister. I assume he has two sisters left.

-He seems a bit livelier and amusing than in Ruin

- It is made clear that he has knowledge about the world outside the UR by a comment he makes about Han and Leia.

-The reason for him being at HoT is explained.

-Chiss not only mentally mature fast but it seems they are physically like adults as early as twelve.

-The issue of what it means to be heroic and whether being so is a good thing or not is played up so much I wonder if it will have some kind of part in the happenings of DJ.

18. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmmm, that fills some major gaps. :)

19. InasneChiss

InasneChiss Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2000
    So sad....I remember when I started reading and books were only $5...ah well.

Does anyone know if and where exists fan fics with Jag in it?

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    There are a bunch over on the fanfic board... Mel's Into the Unknown, and Eld's Lifeline, just to name a couple.

21. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    There are also some older ones like Sticks NJO Refuge AU and there is Marie Jadewalkers I,Jagged which is still being updated occasionally.

EDIT:Thought I'd add Melyannas Into the Unknown is a sequel to her Jag/Jaina fic Of Pilots and Jedi.

22. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    cananyone drop me some stuff about the storie i have not gotten it yet.

23. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Grr! Flaky dude didn't have the money for my YJ cards, dangit! *takes deep breaths and counts to ten*

I WANT GAMER #7!!!

24. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Awww, you poor dear.

I saw Gamer #7 at B&N yesterday. But thanks to my suscription I had it weeks ago. :)

25. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    *sigh* Yeah. But on a happier note, I got Insider #57 today, and there's a lovely mention of Jag in Jaina Solo's NJO bio... I quote: "Jag Fel, son of legendary TIE fighter ace Baron Soontir Fel, has exhibited a budding romantic interest in Jaina Solo."

Ahh, Del Rey. Always masters of the obvious. :D At least they've confirmed it now!

P.S.: Dark Journey comes out one day after my birthday! Maybe I could convince my friends over at Barnes & Noble to get me a copy early, due to my sweet 18 (ha-hah). Well, I can dream, can't I?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.