main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The Jaina Organa-Solo Appreciation Thread.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Start with Vector Prime. My copy is a bit worn, but I'll lend it to you if no one else will. You HAVE to start with VP... one of the best written parts is in it... Chewie on Sernpidal!

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    No, no, no, dont star with the NJO, theres too much backdrop that you wont appreciate without reading the other books first. Read the Thrawn trilogy, first book Hier to the Empire

3. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Oh, I didn't know Moka wanted to know where to start in the EU, I figured he wanted to start in the NJO.

Then the first book you should read is Tales of Jabba's Palace. It's a good start off because:

a. You don't have to read the whole book if you discover you don't like it.

2. You get to read a bunch of different authors and different styles of writing.

Thirdly, You start reading about things that have a strong basis in the films so you can adjust to the format easier.

D. With ToJP, you will read at least one story where it differs from what is shown in the movies, allowing you to experiance first hand how it feels to be caught in between the SW Canon vs EU battle. You can make a decision then if you even want to expand on Lucas' stories.

I think Tales of Jabba's Palace is an excellent transitional book from Movie Watcher to Book Reader in the Star Wars universe.

4. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    For real MD?

What is the thrawn trilogy? Is that where I should begin?

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm not joking about Tales of Jabba's Palace. I'll bring it on Saturday. It's a pretty quick read.

6. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    OK, but if it sucks I am holding you responsible and may never pick up another Star Wars book again.

7. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    It's one of my favorites... but RotJ is my favorite SW movie... and the Jabba's Palace sequence is my favorite part of RotJ.

8. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Tales from the mos esiely cantina or Tales of the Bounty hunters would be better, I found tales of Jabba's palace like reading the smae story over and over again from different peoples perspective.

But the Thrawn trilogy is where you should start and the first book is Heir to the Empire.

9. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Yes, that is the first Star Wars book I have ever read... and now look at me, I'm a Star Wars book Junkie

10. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Perhaps I should be cautious. I do not, after all, want to end up like darthdarkstar.

11. Lover_of_Jaina

Lover_of_Jaina Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2004
    Getting back to the true nature of this thread....I love Jaina Solo [face_love]....hence my name

12. MrsJaggedFel

MrsJaggedFel Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2004
    yeah, Heir to the Empire is super good.. I read it in 4 hours..... my mommy is sending me Dark Force Rising....which is the next one...and I want to read The Courtship of Princess Leia...... oh and Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future....oh and Children of the Jedi.... and, um, every other book written....

13. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I personally think you should start with Splinter of the Mind's Eye.....Ok so maybe not really. You could start off with Shadows of the Empire...and then play the game on the N64.

But I concur with MrsJaggedFel about wanting to read every other SW book written.

14. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I think that splinter of the mind's eye is for people who like incest. j/k

15. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i like the comic book!! its fun!

16. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    Jaina's cool. she is eeeeevil sometimes. that is all.

17. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Perhaps soon I will actually be able to post on this thread with the appreciation of so many others.

18. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    perhaps, padawan.

19. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I love Jaina. She's my most favoritist jedi in all the world.

20. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    what about callista...oh yeah, sorry, forgot that you don't know about callista....pobre jan!

21. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    No. I know about Callista...kinda. She was in one of the books I read, Darksaber. She's kinda cool but I like Jaina better...although there was this one Jedi Student that was of like a tree type species. He...or She was pretty cool.

22. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    sexy trees...

do think treebeard is hot, too?

23. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I never in any way said that the tree was sexy

24. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    suuuuuuuuuuure you didn´t......... JAN´S A DENDROPHILIAC!!!!!!! EWWWWW!!!!! *points and whispers*

25. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    you were talking about jaina and then skipped over to talking about a tree type. i just put 2 and 2 together for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.