main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Jaina Solo Fan Club, version 2.0

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rebecca191, Mar 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    ...But then he immediately says something to the effect that he was kidding. o_O

Let's face it--DR is just gonna keep playing with our brains by partnering Jaina off with a different black-haired male every book.

2. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Ah, but then Han repeats himself in BLOODLINES when Leia brings up Jaina and Zekk's pseudo-relationship, by saying:

"I liked Kyp better. Whatever happened there?"

[face_devil] [face_peace]:D

But you're right: Ultimately, DR's going to send Jaina around the block a few times before they pair her up with the guy she'll be with for good. And when that happens, my money's on a certain Jedi Master being the only one sitting on a chair when the music stops...

Specterace

3. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    ...Then again, Han's not the one picking a guy to marry. Jaina is. And Jaina clearly stated to her Rogue Jedi Master that she wasn't interested in him romantically. Said the same thing to Zekk.

...Then again, Jag's not exactly returning her affection at this point. :p So it appears to be, at the current time, just as one-sided as a J/K or J/Z ship.

4. darksidesticks

darksidesticks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Until something good happens between Jaina and Jag in LotF, I'm pretending anything past TUF doesn't exist, to make my inner J/J-shipping fangirl feel better.

Fel, love the Jansom quote in you sig!

5. Specterace

Jun 4, 2005
    Post Proof Or Retract, please. Because I don't recall Jaina actually saying anything along the lines of a straight out "refusal". Rather, she was kind of unsure about the whole deal due to it's confusing nature, and didn't decide to do anything about it one way or the other. Evidence for this can be found in her conversation w/ Jacen in Ylesia (the whole "Kyp's been feeling a little sentimental towards me lately" convo).

Specterace

6. Chiss-Imperialist

Chiss-Imperialist Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2006
    Sticks: Thanks. Best line ever, I think. :p

Specterace: You're going to make me go quote-diving? Awwww...Alright, I'll go find the spot I'm refering to as soon as I get the time. :)

7. Chiss-Imperialist

Oct 31, 2006
    Because I don't recall Jaina actually saying anything along the lines of a straight out "refusal". Rather, she was kind of unsure about the whole deal due to it's confusing nature, and didn't decide to do anything about it one way or the other. Evidence for this can be found in her conversation w/ Jacen in Ylesia (the whole "Kyp's been feeling a little sentimental towards me lately" convo).

1: Not "refusal", only that she didn't feel "that way" about him. Check Rebel Stand again.

2: Since I realize her feelings could have changed in the period from RS to Ylesia, I went ahead and re-read the latter. Right after the quote you noted, she continues, "With me, it's gratitude. With Kyp, it's something more." [NOTE: While I am certain the 'gratitude' part is correct, I cannot be certain that the 'with Kyp' part has been quoted word-for-word, as I do not have the book with me.]

To me, that implies that she is merely grateful towards Kyp and likes him as a friend...It also helps that she immediately goes and makes out with Jag. [face_mischief] (If it DOES turn out she ends up with K--which I still find highly unlikely--I am gonna hate her forever for that moment of leading Jag on. :mad:)

Don't get me wrong, I love teh Kypster. I just don't think he and Jaina should end up together (it would be nice if he got a girl, though :().

8. darksidesticks

darksidesticks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Kyp needs a girl, just not Jaina. She's too young for him.

9. Specterace

Jun 4, 2005
    Seeing how I don't have my copy of TJK with me right now, I'm going to wait until I do before giving my specific interpretation of things. But my basic point is this: Jaina may have accepted Jag at the time of the EL duology, but she never refused Kyp (and yes, there IS a difference between the two). Basically, she never really dealt with her feelings for Kyp one way or the other, choosing instead to evade the issue as best she could. Otherwise, she would have straight told Jacen that she had no feelings for the guy (kind of like she tells herself how much she doesn't like Zekk romantically in SwW, something she NEVER says about Kyp). I'm not saying that she's pining for her former master; all I'm saying is that a linkup between the two wouldn't really be a stretch, especially given how well they understood each other post-DJ.

So what I'm basically saying is that I agree: Kyp needs a girl. The thing is, I think the name of the girl he needs is spelled J-A-I-N-A:D

Specterace

10. Chiss-Imperialist

Oct 31, 2006
    Why Jaina, though? Why not some other character? I suppose I can see how they compliment each other, but...I guess I simply do not understand why folks think they need to marry each other. ^_^

11. JainaandJag4ever

JainaandJag4ever Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2006
    I think Jaina should be with Jag and no one else.

12. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    I'm going to like you, aren't I?

And you're, like, the opposite of a thread killer. :p

13. JainaandJag4ever

Nov 23, 2006
    Hey!!!!!! I didn't know the thread was there!

14. EleyaDurron

EleyaDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2006
    Hey, I just found that thread and I think I have to support Specterace.
    I did not read any LotF book yet, for they are not published in Germany :( but I think Kyp and Jaina would make up a great couple. And Kyp is not too old for Jaina, I know a girl who is in love with man 14 years older than her (just the age difference between Kyp and Jaina ;) ) and they are very happy together, so it can work!
    Kyp needs a woman, Jaina needs a man, and that's it :D

15. JainaandJag4ever

Nov 23, 2006
    SPOILER In the 4th book, Kyp says that he met a woman who likes his hair long SPOILER

16. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Eeesh! Highlight!

17. sith_lord_jaina

sith_lord_jaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2004
    I'm new here....she's one of my all time favorites. :D

18. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
  19. sith_lord_jaina

Oct 9, 2004
    about that....well, my parents case is my mom is 45 and my dad is 73. so age is not an obstacle.

Kyp and Jaina, they aren't that bad togeter...i like them but Jaina should end up with Jag....my all time fav hunk :D

20. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Kyp needs a girl, but I don't think those two suit each other. Jaina never seemed to love him, and he seemed to, ah, perhaps 'outgrow' her. (I can't think of a better word to describe my impression).

Jag and Jaina, on the other hand, both loved each other at some point. While the current situation is not promising, Marasiah Fel certainly is. :p

21. sith_lord_jaina

Oct 9, 2004
    I almost forgot about Marasiah....yes, very promising. Kyp was just infatuated with her and maybe Jaina had a crush with him but nothing much. I just can't wait to know how we get to Marasiah (and I this we all know how it is...Jaina/Jag hookup....yeeeeeeeeeees)

jajajajajajjajajajaja

22. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    I don't think Jaina had even a crush on him--she liked him, but not in THAT way.

23. JainaandJag4ever

Nov 23, 2006
    I hope that happens

24. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
  25. Azure_Angel

Azure_Angel Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2006
    I don't know, the events in Temptest kind of make me look at Jaina and Zekk in a new light. I think it could really work out between the two of them. Best part is Han probably wouldn't ride Zekk that much, compairing him to his surviving Son, Han may be willing to accept Zekk as a son-in-law. Who knows?

~Azure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.