main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Jaina Solo Fan Club, version 2.0

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rebecca191, Mar 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    You really don't want me to answer this question, now do you? [face_mischief]

Specterace

2. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    :) Of course not. Your mind is warped.

The J/Z twist was horrible. I don't say "horrible" because I don't ship them, I say it because it completely changed Zekk's personality--again. :rolleyes: It was so sudden, so odd--if they're going to get J/Z together, that was not the way to do it. It was painfully weird.

3. Specterace

Specterace Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    My mind is in no way warped, I'll have you know. It just prefers things that appear to be a better fit all in all, if ya know what I mean :p

And QFT on the Zekk/Jaina part. I'll even bet the Z/J shippers themselves were complaining about the way that ship came back into play. If there was one imaginable circumstance in which reviving that ship would actually seem WORSE than keeping it dead (at least from a Z/J er's POV), I'd imagine that was either it right there or close to it...

Specterace

4. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Actually, as a J/Zer, I have to say that I didn't mind the Killiks and DN as a whole -- but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority there. ;) I'm also not sure what you mean when you say that DN totally changed Zekk's personality, but that may just be because we're coming from two different 'ships here. ;)

I've been lurking in this thread a little bit, and I guess now is as good a time as any to join. Jaina's an awesome character. :)

5. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Hey, I just can't see YJK Zekk falling for the whole bug thing. He's smarter than that!

I minded the Killiks not because of the J/Z action but because of the Killiks. :p Waaayyyy too creepy for me, thank you very much.

Anyway, glad to have fresh blood here. I'm a former J/Z shipper, so I understand why you like that pairing. ;)

6. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    I don't think falling for the whole "bug" thing necessarily denotes stupidity on the characters' part, but I've debated this before in the YJK FC and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to change any minds. :p I also tend to think that Jaina wasn't overly OOC in DN, so maybe I'm just weird like that. :p

Thanks for the welcome. :)

7. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    OK, you're just weird like that. :p

You icon is distracting me. It's reminding me of my Zekk fangirl days. I must say, I do like that picture of him.

I'm trying to think of a Jaina-oriented topic, but nothing besides debating her potential signifigant other comes to mind. [face_hypnotized] Has her character sunk so low?

8. Solo_Jaina

Solo_Jaina Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    I'm not new to the board but I dont really post on it.

To try and stay OFF the J/Z topic =P

I think it is going to be interesting to watch the drama between Jaina and Jacen play out seeing as how there is now alot of animosity there. And if we all are assuming the implications of Legacy of the Force are true...then how does Jag come back into play seeing as how he's being all emo now? I guess we'll find out soon! *squee*

And how do you join the group, just say you want to join?

9. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    There's no official joining procedure, as the board doesn't exactly have a leader. ;) Still, welcome anyway! :D

Jag--emo?!? He's not emo, he's grim! :p

Yes, the twin tension is an interesting plotline. The tension's been there since Dark Nest, I think. Perhaps even from the start of the NJO--they really went their different ways.

10. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    *sigh* I'm as tired of 'shipper debates as I am willing to watch them unfold and sometimes participate. What a cruel, cruel paradox. :p

I can't wait to see just what said animosity is going to build up to. Can the twins ever reconcile? Will Jaina be forced to kill Jacen, or vice versa? Will I go insane while waiting to find out? :p

I thought all we had to do to join was spend a few weeks in the Colony click-clicking and rubbing arms with Joiners. [face_thinking] :p

11. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    :eek: [face_sick][face_worried]

I'm Chiss. I don't have that much devotion to the Solo girl. :p

12. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    I'm a J/Zer. I liked DN in the sense that it brought Zekk back from his NJO oblivion and put him with Jaina a lot, but the bughugging part was a little creepy. I'm all for Force bonds, but I like them better when they don't involve Jedi brainwashing and gigantic beetles. I like the J/Z interplay in LotF much better.:D

I too would like to see the Jacen/Jaina twin tension finally do something interesting. I'm holding out for a sweet twin duel before the end of the series. I mean, what better way to be the Sword of the Jedi than to take out the new Sith Lord, who also happened to be your own brother? Jaina doesn't get nearly enough action anyway.

13. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Oh, certainly I was glad to have Zekk back in the picture.
    I just wasn't happy to seem him clicking and looking almost completely dependant on Jaina. :( He's his own person with his own character! He doesn't have to follow her around everywhere. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have LotF spoilers regarding Jaina yet? I've been to busy to read the Lit thread.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  15. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Thanks, Jello.

16. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Jaina Solo... such an awesome character but I wish they'd show her personality more, not just have her deciding who she wants to be with.

At this point, I think she should stay single her whole life. Then everyone can imagine her with the person they want her to be and we don't have outraged fans left and right.

17. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    But then we'll all be killing each other and getting into shipper wars for the rest of our lives.
    At least if they pair her off with someone, then everybody can screaming at Del Ray. :p

18. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    lol, very good point.

19. Jaina_swordofJedi

Jaina_swordofJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2007
    It is unlocked! Great. :) Can I join now?

20. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Of course! Welcome to the club.

21. Jaina_swordofJedi

Jaina_swordofJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2007
    Thanks. Great! :)

22. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Sooo.
    How 'bout Sacrifice as a discussion topic? I'd offer my opinion--but I haven't read it yet. :p

23. MarasFire

Jun 14, 2007
    I haven't read it yet either, but I like the idea of Jaina focusing on being the Sword of the Jedi instead of her Zekk/Jag problem.

24. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Hey there! I'm not really a diehard fan of Jaina, like many of you here. In fact, most of the time she, well... annoys me. Don't hurt me! :p Though, from time to time, she really does capture my interest.

I have read Sacrifice, and though her character was not in the book until much later on, I really like what happened. Basically, Mara sorta smacks some sense into her about her childish behavior with Zekk and Jag. I wanted to stand up and cheer! Finally! [face_laugh]

I really hope the authors will stay true to that, and snap Jaina back to her senses. Though I doubt they actually will, Jaina could become a very powerful character and more of the Sword of the Jedi she should be! [face_dancing]

25. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Hello everyone wanted to see if any of you read the latest STW book?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.