main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jaina Solo Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rebecca191, Apr 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Hello. Does anyone know what Dark Journey is about? Obviously it features Jania, but are her parents, brothers, Jagged etc, going tobe in it? Does anyone know why it's called Dark Journey?

2. Rogue_Solo

Rogue_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2001
    I really really really really hope that Jagged Fel shows up in Dark Journey. And I figure that in this book she falls to the dark side.

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I thought there was something on JediNet Lit about it taking place in the Unknown Regins, but I'm not sure.

4. Rogue_Solo

Feb 21, 2001
    That would be awesome if it took place in the unknown regions!

5. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Could that be the Dark Journey, a visit to the Unknown Regions? I thought it had to do with the Dark Side too, but who knows. In SbS we know another main character will die and I was thinking the Dark Journey might involve the loss of someone close Jania (Jacen perhaps?)

6. Rogue_Solo

Feb 21, 2001
    I figure that Jacen dies in Star by Star, and Jaina falls to the darkside then. Then she redeems herself somehow in Dark Journey. Did I hear somewhere that Jaina might get engaged in Rebirth, or am I just really tired right now?

7. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I heard that too, but I hope it's not true. She's 17.5 in Rebirth, a little young to be getting married. Plus who would she get engaged to? Zekk? Jagged? It would be premature for her to get engaged so soon.

8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah, I heard that too. I dunno, it's a war where people are dying every day, maybe she wants to marry (or at least get engaged to) the guy she discovers she loves while they are both alive and have the chance.

9. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Who's that guy though? She's only spent a tiny amount of time with Jagged.

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I guess it's possible they may spend more time together in a future novel. Is it neccesarilly going to happen in EOVR? Maybe we were actually being given a cryptic clue for a novel farther down the line.

11. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Good point. I figured they would get together but not until Dark Journey. It was just that the rumors all said she was getting engaged in Rebirth.

12. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    When Greg Keyes made that comment, he never said it neccesarily applied to Rebirth... ;)

13. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I never knew that. Interesting...

14. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Ahh, at last a Jaina Solo Fan Club. Count me in.

And yes, Jag and Jaina definitely belong together. Anyone got a link to where that engagement rumor originated? I'd love to read it.

Womprat, where did you post your previous fanfiction? I'd love to read that too. *g*

15. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Yeah, Jacen will die. I don't like him. I think he should go to the dark side just before he dies. You know, one of those last blast things.

Man, I should advertise my fics more often. ;) The link to my first fic is:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=599806&replies=71

It's focused on Luke and Mara. I'm in the process of re-editing it. Nothing new, it's just the first time I posted it I hadn't even run it through a spell check. But that won't be ready for a long, long time. ;)

My second fic, which has more Jaina/Jag in it, can be found here:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=738129&page=1

As I said, it has a lot more Jaina/Jagged. But it has almost not Luke/Mara for those fans. It takes place a little after my first fic. Lots of action. :D

The new fic I'm working on will sort of link in with those fics. But it takes place quite a while after them. I think I finally came up with 11 years later. I might get this thing ready to go early since I've already got a large fan base. ;)

16. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    I just reread the part in Ruin with Jaina and Jagged. Jaina is falling for him. But, just like Danni Que (who I never really liked), and to a lesser extent Droma, Jagged has dissapeared. That's the thing that bugs me the most about the NJO. Secondary characters that should be important in the story line get dropped too quickly.

17. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    While Jagged hasn't been seen in a while, Dark Journey will probably feature him prominently. Del Rey is obviously trying to set up him and Jania, which is fine with me :)

18. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Danni can stay gone. ;)

19. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I think they plan on keeping her gone. Knightfall was going to concentrate on her, but we know what happened to that series. I only wish Jacen could have gone with her. :)

20. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Yeah, Jacen and Danni deserve each other.... in another galaxy.... maybe they should send them to the Vong and drive them out of their minds? ;)

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Greetings, I am Grand Admira------ ok... forget that...

Anyways.... yes I am a Jaina Solo fan, not only for the reason that she seems to be the only Solo kid with her head screwed on tight...

Just wondering though... where do you people hear all this info??
    I don't find any.... Oh well...

BTW, I don't think Jag and Jaina should get together. She's mine!!

j/k.... i think.....

-Grand Admiral Jello

22. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    If you figure out a way to bring a fictional character to life, I'll fight you for her. ;)

Ok, I got my next story up. Click here to get to it.

23. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    -holoprojection image of Jedi Master appears before audience-

Greetings all, please send this women to the Jedi Temple asap.

[image=http://www.Aldera.net/images/JainaSolo.jpg]

-end of transmission

24. Dark_Luke

Dark_Luke Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2001
    What can i say? I'm the #1 Jania fan. If you ever DO find a way to bring fictional characters to life, she's MINE!

Oh yeah, Jacen wasn't too bad in the YJK books, but in the NJO he's going screwy. Same deal with Anakin, excpet I've ALWAYS hated him.

25. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Greg Keyes made that comment about Jaina getting married sometime in the NJO time frame. That leaves time for a build up, I don't think it will pop out of nowhere. Hopefully we will get a suprise and see Jag before Allstons novels...maybe before Dark Journey. Maybe in SBS! -sorry slipping into wishful thinking. I'll be happy to finally get the back cover summery of DJ. They usually show them before the next book, so maybe in September before SBS. What do you guys think the front cover should look like? It would be great to have Jaina on a cover, but I will cringe if I don't like how they make her look. Ooh... maybe they will put Jag on the cover too. Hey, it could happen. Might not be too likely though. Oh well, I will be happy as long as he is in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.