main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jaina Solo Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rebecca191, Apr 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    You might have to wait until February,I am sure there will be one then though. I hope they don't make her look strange. These covers have been sort of hit-or-miss with me.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah yes... the slew of NJO covers... either they have no meaning... or look really odd. Like Luke on Rebirth's cover... he looks like Yoda! Even he shoudln't look like that... he's human!!

:eek:

3. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Okay I know this is a bit off topic so if anyone knows the answer could they please PM me with it???

Does anyone know the outline for the NJO books?? By outline I mean like the total books planned and their titles??

~Thanks.

4. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    That cover better be good! The only real covers of Jaina have been the YJK series and those covers were pretty bad. Jaina and JAcen looked hideous. I'm sorry but if they have parents who look that good (I love Han :)) then they really wouldn't look that awful.

5. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Exactly, the awful look of the YJK covers was partly where my concern was coming from.

6. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Minus the NJO covers in which the kids look alright (I'm not a fan of Anakin on conquest) every other illusrtation of them has looked ridiculous. The YJK and the essential series all have horrible pictures of them. They should cast someone for Jaina as they did for Mara and use her as a model.

7. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Yes, the YJK books were a disgrace... Partly because they were all drawn by Dave Dorman. *Sideshow Bob Shudder* Ngyehhh... But at least now they have a decent artist doing the hardcover NJO books. Let's hope they get someone just as good for Dark Journey... but I'm not holding my breath.

On another note, I'm soon going to start work on a Jaina fan website... if any of y'all have some fanfiction or fanart, please let me know... either PM me or send it to artemis@fairytales.com. Thanks!

8. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    That's great Sticks! Let me know how it's progressing. Good luck!

Yeah, they better do a good job with the Dark Journey cover. That's our chance to finally get a good picture of Jaina.

9. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    A Jania site!? Sweet! :D

10. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Let's get a discussion started here. Why do you think Dark Journey is called Dark Journey?

Some people think it has to do with Jaina's journey to the Dark Side because of Jacen's death in SbS. Personally I don't see him dying in SbS and if anyone turns it'll probably be Anakin.

I've also seen people referring to it as a journey beyond the galactic rim. Perhaps a journey to the Vong's galaxy. Who knows? Maybe if Coruscant falls, Jaina will go on a mission to the Vong's home. That seems unlikely though. And where does Jag fit in?

11. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Cool topic for discussion. If anyone's seen the plot summary for Star By Star, it's clear that one of the Solo brothers will either die or be turned to the Dark Side. Or... what if one's captured? (Let's say, for the sake of argument, it's Jacen.) Maybe, as hypothesized, Jaina -does- go into the Vong's galaxy, searching for her twin. Ooh! Chills and goosebumps!

As for Jag... Gosh. It's hard to say; he's such a background character, but we all hope he'll have a larger part in coming books. I for one would like to see him go with her, or at least express the desire to go with her, only to have her turn him down. It would be a nice hint that he has feelings about her and all.

Anyhoo, that's just my view. Ciao!

12. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    My thoughts at hearing the title was that due to some events in SbS Jaina has a little inner turmoil, which I bet will get resolved by the end of DJ. Since Jag is going to be coming back in the following duology, I figure he will be her sidekick during whatever mission she has set herself upon. Since GentZ said DJ would take place somewhere unexpected in the galaxy my guess was the UR but could very well be somewhere else. Elaine Cunningham said her book would be very character driven so I figure Jaina and her relationships with others will deepen and be given more insight. Still, since this is just stuff I would like to see and little has been said about the book so far, who knows.

13. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    They wouldn't dare kill off one of the Solo kids. Vector Prime got a lot of negative feedback cuz of Chewie's death and they wouldn't kill one of those kids off. It would be an intreasting Jania story though.

14. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Off-topic: Look look! *Points at icon* They finally have a Jaina Solo icon! Not the best Jaina Solo icon they could have had, but hey, beggars can't really be choosers, can they?

On-topic: Oh, they'd dare. I have no doubt of it. The Vong have already given an ultimatum; they want to kill Jacen Solo. Plain and simple. If it doesn't happen, I'd be rather disappointed; I'm not that big a Jacen fan. Plus, Chewie was an Original Trilogy character that fans had known and loved for a long time before the Solo kids came along. I know of plenty of folks (on these boards, no less!) Who wouldn't complain if Jacen died. I tend to think I'm one of them. *s*

15. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Nice icon Sticks! Hopefully DJ will provide a better picture though. :)

I wouldn't mind if they killed Jacen but I'm not sure they will. They have said in the future the kids will be taking center stage. Granted we only need Anakin and Jaina for it to be "kids" but I'm not sure if they'd kill Jacen yet.

The UR though is a likely choice. Maybe we'll see the Chiss again. That'd be great, especially if Jag is in it.

16. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Sweet sassy molasses-- I found that famed Greg Keyes interview! Here's the blurb we were so eager to find...

[19:30] <JediJaina> <Dash_Rendar>Do you know if jaina ever get married?
    [19:31] <Greg> I have no idea.
    [19:31] <Greg> Engaged, on the other hand . . .
    [19:31] <Greg> GA

There you have it. Wow.

And on another note, is anyone else getting really annoyed with those stupid Moulin Rouge banners? I love Ewan McGregor, and I'm sure he has a wonderful singing voice, but I'm sick of having to roll over those banners every time I go to click on Favorites and hearing "Come and get me, boys," or Lil' Kim and Christina Aguilara. *Shudder* Anyway. That's my rant for the day.

17. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    They were annoying me too.

What does the GA in Keyes response mean?

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Grand Admiral? Great Adventure.

GA as in a noise? Who knows?

I can see it now...

Mr. Keyes... what is the meaning of GA.

19. crystal417

Sep 20, 2000
    They got a Jania Icon! WAY COOL! :D

20. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Thanks for digging that up Sticks!

And GA means Go Ahead. In interviews, authors answer a question for as long as they want, and when they are done answering, they say Go Ahead to signal they are ready for the next question.

I think Jaina'll get engaged near the end of the NJO though. She's only 18 in Dark Journey.

21. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Thanks Adia Gallia.

I wonder approximatly how long Dark Journey will end up being? Elaine always answers her emails and I thought it might be the one question about the book she wouldn't be forbidden by LFL to answer. However, she is in the middle writing it and still might not be sure. On top of that I was to embarrassed to hassel her with such a silly question! It's just that almost all of the NJO books have been really short IMO.

22. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Definatley Freyja. BP was the main book of the year and it was tiny! Conquest was pretty short as well. Is that because of the authors or Del Rey?

I would imagine DJ would be about the same length as the others- aorund 300 pages or so. And I'm sure Elaine Cunningham wouldn't mind answering that question if you asked her. Everything that I've seen of her points to the fact that she is a kind, sensible woman.

23. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Ok, you've made me bold. Perhaps I will. Some of her Forgotten Realms novels (which I enjoyed a lot) have been a nice length so I thought maybe this one would be too. Kathy Tyers admitted to be a slow writer and Conquest was kind of a rushed thing. Still, the DT novels were short and it seem Rebirth won't be much longer. GhentZ said in a report a long time ago that supposedly SbS is really thick. I hope so. Otherwise I finish too quickly.

24. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Me too Freyja. I'm a fast reader and books like Conquest and BP take me a few days at most to read. The fourth Harry Potter book only took me three days and it over seven hundred pages long.

I've read some of Elaine's responses to fans who have e-mailed her. Her responses were always kind and respectful and also well-though out. I'm sure she'd be more than willing to answer you. Please tell me if you do get a response.

You have read some of her other books too? What are they like? Do you think she'll write Jaina well?

25. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    I love Harry Potter! Everyone in my family does- even my sister and her husband who are nearly in their forties. They've read them all. However I suspect the fact that they are finally expecting their first child is fueling their interest in all sorts of things they once thought they were too sophisticated for. I read the Goblet of Fire in only a couple of days as well.

I wrote a letter to Elaine and said even though it was a stupid question that we fans get kind of hungry for info.

And yes, I read her some of her other stuff because I wanted to get a feel for her style and what she does with charcacters. Her Songs and Swords books ( Elf Shadow, Elf Song,and Silver Shadows) mainly revolve around a half elf called Arilyn and after reading her I thought she could do a good job with Jaina. Arilyn has a lot of skill and smarts. She is also kind of a loner. Elf Song deals with her partner Danilo. She also has written a lot a sword fights so she shouldn't have any problem transferring that to lightsabers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.