main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jaina Solo Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rebecca191, Apr 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Good news! I just did a search of Amazon. Rebirth is only 304 pages but Star by Star is approximatley 500! :)

Information on Dark Journey isn't avaiable yet on Amazon.

2. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Great! I'd love to see her write some lightsaber fights; there have been too few in the NJO so far especially considering this is the New JEDI Order.

I'm sure Elaine won't mind answering your question at all. Please tell me when you get the response.

I love Harry Potter too. The books are excitng and incredibly well-written but also have great characters. One of the reasons I love Star Wars so much is because of the characters I love so much like Han, Leia, Chewie, Jaina etc. Ms. Rowling has also created characters I care about in her books, much like George Lucas did with his movies.

3. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Ok, I got my answer and was given permission to pass it along. First she said it would be approx. 100,000 words which she says is the upper level they are allowed to write for a paperback. Although she said with font and white space that would probably be about 320-340 pgs, when I used a quick count formula using Conquest as my comparison I came up with about 396. But I did do it pretty quickly. Anyhow, there ya go.

4. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    I hope they don't kill off Jacen that might put more strain on Han and Leia and I don't think I could take that. **Sniff Sniff** Poor Chewie. Anway I can't wait for the next book to come out!

5. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Thanks Freyja. Nearly 400 pages is enough for me.

I don't think they'll kill a Solo kid yet. The rumor is Corran is going to get it but I've heard Jacen or Anakin might turn to the Dark Side. On the inside cover it says something like is their mission "worth the temptation of the Dark Side?" That'd be sad though if one of them turned. Poor Jaina!

And I agree about H/L, Crystal. They've been through enough already.

6. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Up! Where is everyone?

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    500 for SbS? Finally. TTT was nice and long.

8. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I agree, Grand Admiral. After a sucsession of such short books it'll be nice to read a long, (hopefully) well-developed story with complex characters.

9. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    It is pretty good. VP was just under 400 pgs , even 320-340 pgs is good because seeing as this does not center around a cast of characters, but just one, a little goes a long way.

10. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I agree Freyja. With so much supposedly happening in this book, I'm glad it's going to be that long so the plot can be fully realized.

I'm intrigued by this mission Jaina and her brothers are going on to try to defeat the Vong at the risk of temptation to the dark side. Anyone know exactly- or have ideas- what the mission is about?

11. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    I think the only thing we know is that they and some others try to get caught on purpose and work from inside. Yep...ALL KINDS of things could go wrong there! I was referring to Elaines' book before, which is a good length for something revolving around one person. But I am actually looking forward to SbS just as much because the lenght gives hope to lots of action and a thicker plot. It's supposed to come out in the beginning of October isn't it?

12. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Oops, sorry about that Freyja. I'm happy about the length of DJ too. :)

SbS is due at the end of Octber I thought, but I'll have to check that. I could be wrong. I can just imagine all the risks they'll encounter. Knowing someone will die, I would assume it's someone on that mission. Corran? Maybe. Hopefully it'll provide some good action sequences for Jaina though as a Jedi rather than just a pilot.

13. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    I just went back and checked TOS press release on SbS and it just says October. I don't know where I got that idea about it coming out in the beginning of the month from. I definitely agree about seeing Jaina more as a Jedi than a pilot. I like seeing her as both but she hasn't been given her due as a Jedi or shown written with the skill of her brothers. Being a pilot is really great, but a Jedi is the top of the totem pole IMO.

14. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I concur. Being a Jedi is the best thing there is. However I'm not as big fan of the new order as I am of the old yet. (hence my name) But as the NJO goes on and the order takes more action, I feel it will improve. More lightsaber fights are necessary though, especially a good one for Jaina.

Ironically considering all this, Han, a completely Force-devoid character, has always been my favorite from the OT.

15. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Just a little plug here, guys:

I'm very close to wrapping up my NJO AU story, Refuge (click the link in my sig). If you haven't read it yet, now's the time to start. It's mostly Jaina/Jag stuff, but there's also various other characters, and I'll soon be posting a prequel to the story. I'd appreciate any comments/suggestions you may have for the story. Thanks!

{End of Plug}

16. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I wasn't aware you were writing a story, but that's great. I'll go check it out now. I like the subject matter. :)

17. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    NO! I would really hate to see one of the Solo kids turn to the darkside. These NJO books are like a bloodshed. I like 'em though. Anyway I was reading this Jania fic and it turned out to be a Jania/Zekk fic, UH! I can't stand Zekk. Anyway just dropping in.

18. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Hey Crystal. I agree with you about Zekk; he was a loser. Anyone remember that scene in the lost ones where he ate a bouquet? Come on! Jagged is much better :)

And I'm liking you're fic, Sticks.

19. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Lets feed Zekk to the Vong. [face_devil]

20. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    That's too good a death for such an annoying character. We can think of something worse. And while we're at it, can Jacen go too? I don't mind him as much in the NJO, but in the YJK...

"How long does Uncle Luke have to sleep?"

"One Jedi Knight!" -Jacen Solo

Real funny there kid.

21. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Yeah, Jacen and Zekk have both got to go. Like, out an airlock. Now. *g*

Ooh! *plug plug* Zekk's in my NEXT NJO AU fanfic, the prequel to Refuge, and I can't divulge much about the plot, but suffice it to say that you'll like it. A lot. *g* But Jag's in there too, so it balances things out. :D

{end of plug} (I've been doing a lot of those lately...)

22. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I hope you dispose of him appropriately Sticks. And I really like your fic. Keep up the good work! :)

Hey everyone, if you haven't read Sticks' fic yet, I recommend it highly. It's a strong Jaina story with many good Jag bits.

23. Sticks

Jan 27, 2001
    Wow, I got a plug from someone else! *Does a jig* Woohoo!

24. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    No problem Sticks. I will plug stories I think are worthy and I really liked the way you wrote Jaina. I can imagine her living that life after the NJO is over and done with. If you do read it though, take a box of tissues with you. Some sad and depressing stuff in it.

25. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Adi Gallia -along with Sticks excellent fic I would recommend womprats Jaina/Jagged fighter fic and another one called I Jagged, I think it's by Marie Skywalker but I might have the name wrong. I don't have the links right now but they are good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.