main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jawa Hunters Official Gab Thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by JediKnight_Jerri, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    OK Jawa Hunters & anyone else that just wants to get something off of your chest or wants to share something with us; be it good or bad, this is the place to be......

I started a new job today. I had been job searching since November & finally locked onto one last Wednesday. It's full time, Mon.-Fri. no later than 6:30pm. Perfect! It is really hard to find a job in Jacksonville, especially right now with the war & all. No one wants to hire b/c no one is buying much of anything w/most of the military gone. When they leave, a lot of them send their families back home to wherever, while they are gone. I was very lucky to land something & full time on top of it all. I'm working at a local church day care center. My first day went rather well. :)

2. JediSpike05

JediSpike05 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2002
    Hi everybody! Hope all is well is your lives. I just thought i would let everyone know that I officially have a girlfriend, yay! She is a very beautiful young woman named Savannah. We have been going out now for a week and 3 days! Well, that's all I have for now. Later.

3. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Congrats! Well nothing's going on here. Just trying to keep the Spice Miners together. I am praying for our two members on their way to Iraq and trying to see what happened to the others.

Oh well Cheers!

-UD

4. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Hello all......Work is going well. However, things are a little rough on the home front......I have a 17 year old that is causing problems. He's lying to us & getting mad b/c he can't do as he pleases. I guess this is typical for his age. Because of his lying, he got into a wreck yesterday. He lied about what time he was suppose to back into town from where we let him go somewhere. He got back early & decided to do what he wanted to do. Had he come home, he would of never wrecked his car. He is OK, but, in trouble. :(

5. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
  6. JediSpike05

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey all, this Jedi is ready for Saturday, I dunno about the rest of ya'll. Can't wait till then! Hope alls well in whosville haha. Well, later everyone!

7. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello gang, sorry to hear about your son Jerri. How is everyone doing out here...

8. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    Hey Jerri, 17 year olds are supposed to cause problems. Thats why they are called teenagers. :p 17 was one of the hardest years for me, cuz I had already graduated, but I wasn't yet an adult. I just wanted to move out so badly. But its weird, cuz I've been 18 for a while, but I'm still here. But thats only cuz one thing - free room and board!! :D I got in a wreck a couple weeks ago...but I'm okay, so its all good. Except my insurance is going up, and I have a citation to pay. Oh well. Hey Spike, I saw your girlfriend...she's cute, for her age and all. Good job. ;) Just remember - girls are the debil!

See ya'll Saturday.

[face_plain]

9. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey all. On my lunch break right now. Sorry to hear about your wreck beafet! I am glad you are OK.!

Beafet, I understand that is what 17 year olds (teenagers) are suppose to do. What they are NOT suppose to do is "runaway from home". That is what my 17 year old did sometime last night. I thought he went to his sisters' house. However, I found out when I got off for lunch today that he did not. The only thing I can think of is that he went to his girlfriends' house or ya'lls boss's house. Before you talk to him at work Beafet, remember, there is 2 sides to every story! He does not like rules. He got caught in some more lies & was grounded from the phone yesterday. I guess he thinks he is too big to have to pay the consequences for his actions. I hope some day that he will realize that his dad & me love him very much & only have his best interest at heart. He has a lot to learn about being out in the real world on his own. I also hope he is OK & safe. :( :_|

10. JediSpike05

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey all, I won't go into much detail at the moment, but I ask all of your prayers for my brother, Jonathan. He really needs people's thoughts and prayers at the moment. Much appreciated, Jedi's and other SW fans!

11. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    May the force bring him back safe and sound. I have him and your family in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything please please let me know.

-UD

12. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes Jerri, I hope everything goes well you and your family...

13. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hang in there, Jerri. I hope everything works out. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

14. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    I just want to say "Thanks" to everyone! I really appreciate everyone's concern for me & my family. I am so thankful for my fanforce family. :)

I did find out a name of who my son, Jonathan, is staying with. It's someone I do not know. That makes me unconfortable. However, on a brighter note.......he is going to be moving in with his sister over the weekend. I will feel a lot better knowing that he is with family.

Finally, this week of the new job is at an end. I do however, have orientation I have to attend tomorrow (Saturday) from 8-12. After that, I will be meeting with The Jawa Hunters to work on our lightsabers. The younglings that are in my class at work are between the ages of 2-3 years old. It has been a very trying week. Most of these younglings have to be involved in the "dark forces" b/c of the way they act. Gah, I finally lost my voice today!

15. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    O My Gosh!!! These younglings in my class at work are totally out of control!!! Nothing seems to get through to them....Whoever thought of "Time Out" needs some old fashioned disapline themselves!!!

16. beafet

Mar 12, 2001
    Forget "Time Out" Try a "knock out"

:D

[face_plain]

17. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I realize that I probably should not have laughed at that statement. ;)

Jerri, young children nowadays seem different that when I kept children in the church nursery 11 years ago. I honestly think it is because parents do not discipline their children the way parents disciplined kids years ago. Of course, I'm sure adults have been saying things like that for hundreds of years. ;)

18. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

OMG, I was totally ROFL!!! Trust me Beafet, that is exactly what I would LOVE to do. It is what they need. I love your outlook on how to handle these younglings.....

Minicia, you are exactly right.....The reason they are so out of control is b/c they do not receive any decipline at home. Had I acted this way, my parents would of knocked me across the room (& I would of decerved it).

The ones that don't receive any decipipline at home & taught how society expects you to act......are the ones that end up in jail, on drugs, dealing drugs, anything that is bad, etc. I really feel sorry for this country when todays younglings are old enough to be running it!!!

19. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Hey Ya'll not much going on in my life, I changed my oil today...
    also my squadron'd website has a new webmaster who is planning on keeping it up to date
    http://www.newriver.usmc.mil/HMM266/Homepage.html

I got some JB Weld if anyone needs some for your lightsaber.

well that's all for now

20. beafet

Mar 12, 2001
    Just FYI, my name is beafet, not Beafet...

:p

[face_plain]

21. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    My appologies to you "beafet". I will remember the spelling in the future.

Well, it's Friday.....Thank goodness! I couldn't get away from those younglings fast enough at 5:30 this afternoon. I am going to do some much needed mediation this weekend. I hope these younglings will get easier to deal with in time. I don't know how Yoda does it, b/c my Jedi abilities are really strained when it comes to these younglings.

22. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Hi everyone.

Jerri and Everyone I know this is sudden but I found out that my surgery is Wednesday. I won't be home till Thursday or Friday. The doctor said I'll be out two weeks. I am going to be able to go to Greensboro only that I won't be able to lift stuff to and from my car. I should be able to drive to J'ville to meet y'all down there it depends on how I feel.

Jerri, Don is going to be the 501st/Fan Force contact for the Fan Forces while I'm out. So if you need to talk 501st, let Don know.

Yours Truly,

UD

23. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    WOW! UD! This is sudden. I hope all goes well w/the surgery. I will call you before & after to see how you are doing. Hang in there. You will be glad you had it done after it is all over. I promise! Talk to you soon. MTFBWY!!!

:)

I am really glad you will be able to go to Greensboro after-all!!! :)

24. JediSpike05

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey everyone, its me again. Glad to hear all went well with your sergery. Always good to hear good news. BTW, everyone today me and Savannah have been going steady for a month, a week, and a day now. Haha, one of my longer relationships. Anywho, she has a brother that likes SW, I'll see if I can convert him. Well, other than that, keep me in your thoughts and prayers, please. Especially my grades...

25. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Hello all! Sorry I haven't been on the boards the past few days.....I have been really sick! :( Still not 100%, but, I am slowly getting there.

Definately glad the surgery went well UD! :)Don't worry, I promise the soreness will go away with time! Hang in there! :)

Congragulations to you JediSpike on your relationship! Hope everything continues to go well for both of you! :) Definately let us know how it goes after you have talked to Savanah's brother about joining The Jawa Hunters! :)

Well not a lot to report on my life for this week. Work, is still crazy with the younglings. I am definately keeping my options open for something else. I hope something else comes along soon b/c I am really tired of getting kicked, pinched, & yelled at by 2 year olds.....the sad part is: we can't do anything back to them....There is a few that I'd love to take off the daycare premises for just 5 minutes!

On the light side: I ordered & received my Electronic Advanced Star Wars Battleship game this week. I also ordered my Jedi Training Remote from Master Replicas. When you see that "Flight 4" is shipping, you will know that mine is on the way to me. :)

In the mean time, I have been looking all over the place & on-line for Star Wars Trivia & Star Wars Monopoly.......If anyone has a clue as to who still has these games in stock, PLEASE let me know! THANKS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.