main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Jawa Hunters Official Gab Thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by JediKnight_Jerri, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    I'm thinking about joining the Popular People's Front of Judeah

2. Jainalover

Jainalover Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Go for it. I bet they could use fresh members right about now....anyway there is no need for a widespread panic (god, i love those guys)...I have not moved on to the world of Trekkies..(tried that and got bored actually)..and as to my current affiliations...well there arent very many of those right about now. Thanks for asking as always and keep to the sun my friends! Any more questions should be sent to my email address which Cinemafreak should have. Thank you and good night. :D

3. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    NO, NO, NO! You should join the Judeahan People's Popular Front!

4. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    the JPPF? Never.

Splitters

5. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    But would they defend your rights to be a woman? That's what I want to know.

6. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    Dont worry guys. I aint going anywhere, I have just been in a bad mood this last week. LOts of stuff going on you see. So I look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting. :)

7. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm sure they would not SiS ! :(

Glad to hear it Matthew..........we all have bad days ! Hang in there !

8. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I personally am having a particularly crappy week. :D

9. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    do you need to call the poopsmith?

[image=http://www.esisnet.com/~rsigfrit/poopsmith.jpg]

homestarrunner.com

10. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    I am soo sorry SiS ! ! ! :(

11. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Some goofy stuff is coming up guys. Apparently the owner of TFN has been asking for personal info for mod?s and RSA?s, and may come down to CR?s. What this means to us? Nothing. I won?t give the info, we drop out of being an official FF, unless you want to continue with them (they havn?t done anything besides the boards, and we can set our own up like www.galacticsenate.com), and carry on like normal. I doubt this will amount to anything, but I just wanted to inform you guys in case you come across anything on other boards. Let me know if you have anything to say about this, so we all know where we stand. I know its silly, but hey, its TFN, and they know drama.

12. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    I have been hearing about it all day. A lot of mods got fired on the spot according to a friend of mine. He was pretty close to the action so I trust him.

13. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Its true. But don't worry. It should be transparent to us. And if it isn't, then we shall move to galacticsenate.com. They have great boards there. I suggest everyone sign up over there anyway.

14. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'm just dropping in to say that I'm still here. :)

No one panic just yet. The RSAs are keeping an eye on the situation and we'll all come through this just fine, one way or another.

If anyone has any questions about what is going on, feel free to contact me.

Just keep on doing what y'all always do for now. The members of the chapters is what makes FanForce such a great organization. :)

15. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    guess what guys. RotK won 11 of the awards it was nominated for (I believe that was all the awards it was nominated for). That's right, not only did it win best song, score, art, vis fx, costume, and all those other ones given to sci-fi/fantasy, but they also took home Best Pic and Best Director.

Hey artsy crap! The geeks rule supreme!!

Huzzah.

16. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    !!!!!EVENT OF THE CENTURY!!!!!

What: Lucky Jones (with special appearance by me!)
    When: Saturday March 6th
    Where: Planet Rock, Jacksonville, NC

Okay, so it's not the event of the century (or even of the weekend), but it's something to do. If you like 90's alternative/hard rock you'll probably like the band. But even if you don't like the band, at least you'll get to see me, and you guys like me right? On second thought, don't answer that. Anyways, I'll be there, hanging with some friends and I?d like to see you guys if you can make it.

17. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I'm soooo confused!!!

Sorry, Silky, I can't make it. I have to go to Wilmington that weekend.

Are we still up for StellarCon?

18. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    I may try to make it. Who else is coming?

19. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    If I'm back from WIlmington in time, I'll be there!

20. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    From the fanfoce, just me and M_of_SOG, a friend of mine who just started checking out the boards. I think the plan is to go down there Saturday afternoon, spend the night at a local motel and make our way back Sunday.

As for StellerCon, it's not looking good. We're having our meeting that weekend (Riff wants to see Dawn of the Dead), and I've had a couple of unexpected expenses pop-up this month. However everything is still a go for the Renn Faire.

21. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    STAR WOIDS on techTV

What is a Starwoid? According to the filmmakers it's "a person having excessive zeal for and irrational attachment to a cause or position of the 'Star Wars' trilogy and its components." Basically, a psycho-fan. I'm sure many of you can relate.

The documentary follows the lines at two Los Angeles movie theatres and looks at two types of psycho-fans who took part in the 42-day vigil: those who came out on their own and those who were a part of CountingDown.com (this was pre-dot-com bust).

22. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    What is Stellar Con and is it the location of the next Jawa meeting or is it something special?

23. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    I will be posting all of the upcoming cons and whatnot tonight. We'll then take a look at what's coming up and talk about a meeting then. Might be something coming up that we'd all like to hit.

24. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    You can also go here and click on events for a list of all the up-coming area and major events that I'm aware of, along with descriptions and links to their site. Of course, if Rich posts something that I'm not aware of, I'll shamelessly rip him off. :)

25. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    wasn't able to post last night due to internet trouble. But I will be compiling the list today and posting today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.