main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Jax Legacy: Chapter V: The Old Jedi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MadJax, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadJax

MadJax Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    Foreword:

First of all, I'd like to say Hi to everyone who'll be (Hopefully) reading this.

I did actually start a few stories one or two years ago, all of which are to do with three different generations of Jax. I start my time off at this board with Chapter V partly because of length constraints, and also to keep the readers guessing (hehe). Have no fear though, I will be re-writing the first four chapters again, although I'm not too sure when yet. Well, here goes... Enjoy!

Please bear in mind I'm not fully taking into account the EU.

MJ!

STAR WARS:
    THE JAX LEGACY

Chapter V
    THE OLD JEDI

It has been almost two years since the destruction of the second DEATH STAR and the EMPORER himself. With the New Republic finally starting to emerge from the Imperial ruins, the galaxy is shaping itself for peace.

But all is not well in the galaxy, crime in specific systems is at an all time high. As factions fight for power over the planets, thieves and bounty hunters are making more credits than ever. The factions respond by hiring mercenaries to do their work whilst they fight off the other factions.

On the planet of Dantooine, the AKAPELLO crime syndicate fights off the T'ERKAN family using whole armies of mercenaries...

Chapter 1

The silence of space engulfs almost everything. The green planet of Dantooine turns slowly against the black star-encrusted void, anyone watching would expect the planet to creak on its axis. The silence is shattered as the gentle humm of a ship exits from hyperspace nearby, the light of the sun reflecting cooly against the sleek lines of it's hull. The ship appears new, with the curved design similar to that of the now infamous SLAVE-1 used by Boba and Jango Fett, the most notorius of bounty hunters, yet the appearance of a standard fight-class ship. Three to four blaster marks dot across the hull like black barnacles against the dull metal. Upon the side are the clearly, yet crudely, painted words "Barratry".

"Come in, Barratry. We have you on our scopes, you are entering T'erkan space. State your name and business." crackled the comm link in the cockpit. The interior isn't as small as a fighter, yet no-where near as big as a capital ship. It contained two seat, both beaten and obviously well used, as well as the usual navigation computer and flight controls. Right now, both the seats were occupied. The figure in the right-most seat turned towards the commlink.

"Roger that, planet base. This is Bolantis Jax and Ethan Demmer, requesting permission to land. Our business is with the head of the T'erkan." Jax spoke into the commlink almost immediatly. A quite tallish figure at only 5 foot 11, with short cropped brown hair and green eyes. You could tell by his face that he had yet to see that many battles, bieng only 18. His shoulders and arms looked muscular in the most average of ways. He turned to the man in the other chair, Ethan, Whilst re-adjusting his leather jacket.

"What made you decide to take this job? We could be earning seven hundred credits per hour at Kessel!" he barked sharply. Ethan turned to his young friend.
    "You still haven't learned much, have you? Money isn't the only important thing to a merc. Staying alive is also a priority, and on Kessel that priority wouldn't last long." Ethan finished with a sigh. Obviously a few years older than Jax, and far more scarred, Ethan's hair was flecked with grey. An impressively tall and well built man, he was the type who could stop a cantina brawl just by sitting by the bar at the time.

"And you think we'll survive HERE? You do know that there is a turf war down there, don't you? And that IS why we're here!" Jax seemed impatient.
    "Just shut up and fly the ship." Ethan barked aggresively at Jax.
    "Wasn't for me.. we wouldn't even have this ship.." Jax whispered as he turned back to the comm-link.
    "Barratry, you are cleared to land. Follow the beacon in,

2. MadJax

MadJax Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    <Text Missing>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.