main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The JC and other message boards

Discussion in 'Communications' started by HawkNC, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    hmm.. no good insult pops to mind, but if you like, I can link you to Goatse Claus...

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I only post at one other messageboard, and I moderated that one for 15 months. I have over 12,000 posts there but I hardly post more than a few times a month now. I am just too busy here, and am having too much fun over here. I do have a link to my fanforce chapter in my signature at the other website and often talk about being with TFN now. They don't have a problem with me advertising TFN or Fanforce over there and talking about how great it is here.

3. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    Speaking as a mod at another board... we don't really care, as long as people aren't spamming, trolling, or otherwise being pests and jerks. We haven't had any 'incidents' in quite a while, thankfully. :)

4. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    That's great to hear.

5. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Speaking as a mod on both this and another board (and, at the end of last summer, a third, but not at the moment) I must say that it's not hard at all to juggle time. You don't need to spend a solid internet day on the JC to moderate. It takes dedication, but not with rabid intensity that some seem to think it does. It is more than possible to "physically" moderate two boards at once, even if one is the JC.

As for conflicts of interest, yes I would like to think that if trusted to become a mod, that same user would be trusted not to leak "vital" information to other websites (though the whole concept of competition between SW fansites is really absurd and childish, but I'll let that go for now). Telling someone that if they mod at the JC it is the JC only that they can moderate is a bit of an insult to the person asked (or told, I guess), but that is my opinion. The Administration should be more lenient in letting its members contribute as positively to other sites as they have to this one.

But I am just one person. What does that count for?

6. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    It counts a lot and I happen to agree with you. I think all sites should work together instead of competing against each other. Other sites take a risk by having mods from the JC or any other site come and help out. It's not just a one way street. As I stated earlier, information can travel both ways.

7. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm only registered here and I only moderate here.

8. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Sape, as much as tidbit of classified information added to my understanding of the issue, I think it belongs in the South Africa/Spam needlessly forum.

//Sape madly runs off to see what trouble is in the clandestine SA board.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.