The JC Glossary - "Welcome" Edition!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Son of the Suns, Dec 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Skiara
  1. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
    I think you should put "GAUNLTET" and "FF.N" up there. I get lots of questions as to what those are.
  2. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Um, those definitions are already there, Liz.
  3. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
    ah. I see gauntlet under the gauntlet. but I still don't see FF.N.
  4. Darth Binky Force Ghost

star 4
    Doesn't WEG usually refer to West End Games? I've never seen it used to mean "wicked evil grin".
  5. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, it also stands for West End Games. I'll add that other definition to WEG when I update the glossary.
  6. Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling

star 5
    B.R.B: Blue root beer

Rainie brought Blue Root Beer to the Jedi Council. It's the official refreshment for T.H.R.E.A.T. reunion meetings.
  7. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh... I just found out now...
  8. AriellaTheGoddess Jedi Padawan

wow, im impresseddude! that was thorough.
  9. darthcleo Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    Wanna give me an HTML version? I'll make it a permanent fixture, easy to reach page.
  10. Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling

star 5
    JST: Jedi Council Standard Time.

This is missing from the JC Glossary. GAUNTLET runners keep track of the time for their next runs, using the JC's clock. This is the only "time zone" that matters to a GAUNTLET runner.
  11. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    "Wanna give me an HTML version? I'll make it a permanent fixture, easy to reach page."

I only know basic HTML, so I don't know about that. Can I just send it to someone who knows HTML?
  12. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    darthcleo: It would be great if you could make all the other guide threads permanent HTML fixtures too. Then we wouldn't need to keep them up all the time.

SotS: What do you need to be done in HTML code? I'm just having my HTML lessons and it would be good if I could do some practice... although I don't know if I'm good enough yet...
  13. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    "What do you need to be done in HTML code?"

I'm not sure yet.
  14. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Here are some more:

DV: Darth Vader, the nickname is very often used in the Shaving habits of Big DV in Classic.
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=517960&replies=979
    Sushibeer: The official drink of rogue, wraith and ace squadron in the FanForce community.

Rogue, wraith and ace squadron: The rebels inside FanForce, can be found for example inhttp://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1413866&replies=436
  15. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks for letting me know of those terms, Obi Anne.
  16. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    Hey, SotS. I already PM'd you some of the FanFiction definitions...I will be getting more to you later.
  17. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    SotS: Just looked through the glossary again.

If you want to make it into HTML code, I think all you need to do is put <p>[text]</p> at the start and end of each paragraph, and make the links real hyperlinks. You know how to do that, right?

Then just put in a paragraph of CSS code making the spacing between each paragraph 1em. That should do the trick nicely.
  18. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    You should add PK cause some newbie might not know what PK means.
  19. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Problem is, if I added your name's abbreviation, I'd have to add everyone else's, and that would be pretty hard.
  20. Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling

star 5
    SotS: I agree with you. That would be too confusing and would clutter the JC glossary.
  21. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    That's true cause everyone has a nickname and there are a lot of us who have speical name abbervations.
  22. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    Well yes, that is just part of being part of the community and learning who someone is. For instance I am TSL. There are no other TSL's around so new members, or veterans that have never met me, quickly learn who TSL is. That does not meant we should add TSL to the list. For your nickname, PK, it might be case specific because there are probably a lot of other PK abbreviations out there.

SotS, I PM'ed you the latest draft of the FanFic Glossary. I hope you can use the terms listed in there.

TSL
  23. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, thanks for that, TSL. I'll compile those terms and several others to make up the next version of the Glossary (still not sure how or when that version will be shown, though).
  24. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    The thing is though. I actually go more by PK then Princess or PrincessKenobi. Everyone just calls me PK. So I'm known as PK. I've not seen anyone else called PK.
  25. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    This one needs to go up!!

I think you miss OT for old/classic trilogy.
Moderators: Skiara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.